Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smokers 13:57 - Oct 28 with 1226 viewsbritferry

Pack of cigarettes goes up by 88p to £13.60 from today.

Bloomin heck, thats enough to make you cough... no wonder everybody is smoking dope these days, it must be a hell of a lot cheaper

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Smokers on 14:17 - Oct 28 with 1194 viewsonehunglow

And should be even higher too.

Booze
Fags
Betting

All means of removing working classes from hard earned money.,by a clever,vicious ruthles injury.

You'd have thought by now we'd have twigged our pants are being pulled down.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Smokers on 14:19 - Oct 28 with 1195 viewsVincent_Vega

Smokers on 14:17 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Booze
Fags
Betting

All means of removing working classes from hard earned money.,by a clever,vicious ruthles injury.

which is why the youngsters are moving over to the Columbian marching powder, much safer see and cheap as chips in comparison..

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Smokers on 14:25 - Oct 28 with 1189 viewsCountyJim

Booze
Fags
Betting

Your not Oliver Cromwell are you !

I bet your a wow at parties 😂
Smokers on 14:32 - Oct 28 with 1180 viewsBarrySwan

Booze
Fags
Betting

Spend your money how you wish and the rest of us will spend our money how we wish to without lecturing others.
Smokers on 14:36 - Oct 28 with 1171 viewsonehunglow

Smokers on 14:32 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

Spend your money how you wish and the rest of us will spend our money how we wish to without lecturing others.

Kevin.
No lecturing from me whatsoever.

Jim. I am a rave at parties.I have a 70 strong set list and can sing stuff from George Formby to George Harrison. I don't need a skinfull either.
Not everyone likes drunks actually;most are a pain;nothing to love.

Why is alcohol so cheap when more important things are exorbitant. Jesus H,we have families saying they find it hard to put food on the table yet they can get blasted for a couple of quid.Is that the plan-escapism. What a rotten society we have.

Now anyone not wanting cheap booze is seen a fair game to insult.

Off ya go Kevin...
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 14:41]

Smokers on 14:52 - Oct 28 with 1152 viewsBarrySwan

Smokers on 14:36 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Kevin.
No lecturing from me whatsoever.

Jim. I am a rave at parties.I have a 70 strong set list and can sing stuff from George Formby to George Harrison. I don't need a skinfull either.
Not everyone likes drunks actually;most are a pain;nothing to love.

Why is alcohol so cheap when more important things are exorbitant. Jesus H,we have families saying they find it hard to put food on the table yet they can get blasted for a couple of quid.Is that the plan-escapism. What a rotten society we have.

Now anyone not wanting cheap booze is seen a fair game to insult.

Off ya go Kevin...
[Post edited 28 Oct 2021 14:41]

Well its not for your to advocate that myself or others pay more for consumable goods just because you don't like them is it?

And its not for you or anyone else to suggest that others must be prevented from gambling if they wish to either is it?

You'd be a touch put out if I suggested raising the price or banning goods or activities that you enjoy just because I don't like them or don't participate.

If you wish to play the bleeding heart to a bunch of alcoholics or those with so little personal self control that they can't control themselves undertaking activities that most others do with no adverse effects or excesses then there's plenty that you can seek out and lecture without bothering the ordinary man or woman in the street who does not fall into that category.
Smokers on 14:58 - Oct 28 with 1142 viewsBoundy

Booze
Fags
Betting

What about middle class wine drinkers , are they exempt ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Smokers on 15:00 - Oct 28 with 1135 viewsonehunglow

Smokers on 14:52 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

Well its not for your to advocate that myself or others pay more for consumable goods just because you don't like them is it?

And its not for you or anyone else to suggest that others must be prevented from gambling if they wish to either is it?

You'd be a touch put out if I suggested raising the price or banning goods or activities that you enjoy just because I don't like them or don't participate.

If you wish to play the bleeding heart to a bunch of alcoholics or those with so little personal self control that they can't control themselves undertaking activities that most others do with no adverse effects or excesses then there's plenty that you can seek out and lecture without bothering the ordinary man or woman in the street who does not fall into that category.

Poor.
You haven't come up with a pertinent reply.
Ive lectured nobody t all.

Tell you what I do not like is

Beer cheaper than a soft drink in a pub.

I don't how alcohol is seen as so essential to a happy life.

We are from an industrial area where heavy drinking is linked with hard work.

I can think of a myriad of more important things to reduce .Most people ,away from the macho angle can

Login to get fewer ads

Smokers on 15:48 - Oct 28 with 1121 viewsBarrySwan

Smokers on 15:00 - Oct 28 by onehunglow

Poor.
You haven't come up with a pertinent reply.
Ive lectured nobody t all.

Tell you what I do not like is

Beer cheaper than a soft drink in a pub.

I don't how alcohol is seen as so essential to a happy life.

We are from an industrial area where heavy drinking is linked with hard work.

I can think of a myriad of more important things to reduce .Most people ,away from the macho angle can

Its not for you to dictate the price of any goods.

If someone wishes to offer me a pint for 50p and a lemonade for £1 thats between them and me you really have no part of that transaction.

If you were about to buy a new car for £18,000 and I stepped in and demanded that it should be at least £20,000 I'd imagine that you'd be a touch miffed that I was sticking my nose in where it wasn't wanted.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2021 16:53]
Smokers on 17:03 - Oct 28 with 1082 viewsonehunglow

Smokers on 15:48 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

If someone wishes to offer me a pint for 50p and a lemonade for £1 thats between them and me you really have no part of that transaction.

If you were about to buy a new car for £18,000 and I stepped in and demanded that it should be at least £20,000 I'd imagine that you'd be a touch miffed that I was sticking my nose in where it wasn't wanted.

Not at all.
Frankly,you make no sense with that reply.

Would you like fags to become cheap so that kids can exercise their rights to smoke. Then go to betting shop or gamble on line .

It’s not for me .?

Surprised and disappointed with That Kevin..

Smokers on 17:11 - Oct 28 with 1075 viewsDr_Winston

Smokers on 14:58 - Oct 28 by Boundy

What about middle class wine drinkers , are they exempt ?

No doubt if they tripled the taxes on unnecessary frivolities like guitar strings he'd be squealing like a pig about it.

Raising the price on other people's pleasures is fine and dandy though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Smokers on 18:26 - Oct 28 with 1037 viewsFlashberryjack

Booze
Fags
Betting

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Smokers on 18:35 - Oct 28 with 1029 viewsonehunglow

Overreactions to what was a fair observation.
Are we that obsessed with alcohol.
Seems we really are

Smokers on 19:20 - Oct 28 with 997 viewsbuilthjack

How do people afford 40 a day?
That's about 10 grand a year

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Smokers on 19:39 - Oct 28 with 982 viewsKeithHaynes

Smokers on 19:20 - Oct 28 by builthjack

Depends where you live I suppose, pack of cigs here are tops £4.
And usually much less.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Smokers on 19:50 - Oct 28 with 974 viewsGwyn737

Smugglers and counterfeiters are the ones who’ll benefit most with prices this high.
Smokers on 21:33 - Oct 28 with 899 viewsmajorraglan

Cheapest cigarettes going up from £9.10 to £9.73 and the most expensive ones as above. I had no idea how much fags cost and was astonished when I read £13.60. Hopefully it will encourage more people to give them up.
Smokers on 07:27 - Oct 29 with 837 viewspencoedjack

Smokers on 21:33 - Oct 28 by majorraglan

Cheapest cigarettes going up from £9.10 to £9.73 and the most expensive ones as above. I had no idea how much fags cost and was astonished when I read £13.60. Hopefully it will encourage more people to give them up.

I gave up around 3 years ago & I was paying over £13 for a packet of regal king size then.

A very hard habit to kick & I still have a couple on away days.

Feel sorry for those who can’t stop.
Smokers on 09:03 - Oct 29 with 803 viewsMrSwerve

Smokers on 19:20 - Oct 28 by builthjack

Regardless of price, I’ve no idea how people have the time to smoke 40 a day.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Smokers on 09:04 - Oct 29 with 801 viewsMrSwerve

Smokers on 15:48 - Oct 28 by BarrySwan

Great post.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Smokers on 10:42 - Oct 29 with 769 viewsonehunglow

Smokers on 09:04 - Oct 29 by MrSwerve

Great post.

How is is great?

Smokers on 12:09 - Oct 29 with 756 viewsbuilthjack

Smokers on 09:03 - Oct 29 by MrSwerve

Regardless of price, I’ve no idea how people have the time to smoke 40 a day.

When you see them about 100 yards from for example, Council offices, puffing away, every hour or so, you think hang on, they must lose a day a week smoking in working time. Our taxes paying for it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Smokers on 13:03 - Oct 29 with 737 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Smokers on 12:09 - Oct 29 by builthjack

When you see them about 100 yards from for example, Council offices, puffing away, every hour or so, you think hang on, they must lose a day a week smoking in working time. Our taxes paying for it.

About 75,000 people die in the UK each year of smoking related disease and about 700,000 people are hospitalised (that's twice the current rate of Covid admissions).

Smokers have a considerable drag (no pun intended) on the NHS.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/smoking-and-tobacco-applying-all-our-

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024