Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Unbelievable turnaround 21:55 - Dec 12 with 5141 viewsDr_Parnassus

Has there been a better immediate impact than this in recent years? I really can’t think of one.

From bottom of the league in the form table to the top in 15 games, with exactly the same squad of players.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Unbelievable turnaround on 21:59 - Dec 12 with 3557 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Ranieri at Leicester is the only example that immediately came to mind.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Unbelievable turnaround on 22:01 - Dec 12 with 3563 viewsnantywatcher

A manager who truly walks the walk - we've got the other kind.
Unbelievable turnaround on 00:50 - Dec 13 with 3446 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unbelievable turnaround on 21:59 - Dec 12 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ranieri at Leicester is the only example that immediately came to mind.

That's a fair call.

Although Ranieri was able to bring in a host of players such as Kante, Gray, Okazaki etc, so the upturn can in part (and only in part) be due to key acquisitions such as that, especially Kante.

What I find pretty incredible is this is the exact same team as the one that was rock bottom of the league who had lost the last 6 of 8 and looking completely rudderless.

It's staggering really.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2021 0:52]

Unbelievable turnaround on 07:47 - Dec 13 with 3357 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Sometimes you get teams of good players who just refuse to play for the manager. Remember when Monk said he would rather not get in the playoffs because he didn’t want Sousa to be successful or words to that effect? Then we had a similar cabal plotting against laudrup? Then the minute he was ousted our results shot up again virtually overnight. Forest were never ever a bad side at this level. They should be up there.
Unbelievable turnaround on 09:26 - Dec 13 with 3286 viewsOptimisticJack

Cooper inherited a very much under performing squad of players.
At the start of the season I saw them as play off contenders.
For whatever reason under Houghton things went wrong.
Not surprised by the change in form.
Also has to be said that it was only about 2 weeks ago that there were disgruntled posts on social media regarding their boring football and lack of goals.
Funny ol game.

Optimisticjack

Unbelievable turnaround on 10:07 - Dec 13 with 3242 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unbelievable turnaround on 09:26 - Dec 13 by OptimisticJack

Also has to be said that it was only about 2 weeks ago that there were disgruntled posts on social media regarding their boring football and lack of goals.
Funny ol game.

I’m not convinced, Forest finished 17th last season and were predicted to finish 10th-11th at the start of the season judging from the odds.

I’ve not seen too many dissenting voices from Forest, everyone seems to love him. They have actually scored quite a lot.

25 goals in 15 games. That’s 76 goals over the course of the season, for reference that would make them the second top scorers last season, only Brentford would have scored more (3 more).

Unbelievable turnaround on 10:19 - Dec 13 with 3233 viewsswancity

Unbelievable turnaround on 09:26 - Dec 13 by OptimisticJack

Funny ol game.

But this isn’t just a “ change in form “

You would expect an improvement but they were losing every week and were bottom of the table. Their squad is the same. It’s not that strong as we saw last season when Swansea beat Forest three times including a 5-1 FA Cup win.

Cooper has waved a wand there to reach those heights from where they were. Those significant improvements do not usually happen and are very rare indeed. I can’t ever recall such a transformation.

He deserves the praise and for going into a club like Forest and to put his stamp on it with such success. Incredible and long May it continue. He’s a rare breed in football. He knows what it means to struggle. To have nothing. To have to work hard to get heard and work even harder to get any where. He’s a great example to young people.

He gets his teams fighting for everything. It’s in his nature. Well done to him. 👏

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Unbelievable turnaround on 10:47 - Dec 13 with 3211 views34dfgdf54

Cooper did a job on Martin Saturday, there is no denying that.

I'm not expecting us to be play offs this season, never was, but as of now we are well under target. Things need to be better.
Login to get fewer ads

Unbelievable turnaround on 11:45 - Dec 13 with 3162 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable turnaround on 10:47 - Dec 13 by 34dfgdf54

I'm not expecting us to be play offs this season, never was, but as of now we are well under target. Things need to be better.

As did Bowyer,Silva,Parker,Wilder and several others. It's not hard really a we are so predicable.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:06 - Dec 13 with 3151 views34dfgdf54

Unbelievable turnaround on 11:45 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

As did Bowyer,Silva,Parker,Wilder and several others. It's not hard really a we are so predicable.

Easy to play against at the moment unfortunately.
Unbelievable turnaround on 12:07 - Dec 13 with 3145 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Unbelievable turnaround on 07:47 - Dec 13 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Sometimes you get teams of good players who just refuse to play for the manager. Remember when Monk said he would rather not get in the playoffs because he didn’t want Sousa to be successful or words to that effect? Then we had a similar cabal plotting against laudrup? Then the minute he was ousted our results shot up again virtually overnight. Forest were never ever a bad side at this level. They should be up there.

Results did not pick up after Laudrup left.

I believe that Garry Monk won 3 of the first 14 or 15 games before being offered the permanent job, despite Ronald Koeman begging for the job in any newspaper that would print his agent's quotes.

We beat Cardiff 3-0, which of course is enough to blind the majority of our supporters to what was really going on. Very few saw what was actually happening - our playing style being rapidly discarded in favour of the run of the mill football Monk introduced due to his inability to coach players to play the same way as Rodgers and Laudrup before him.

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:11 - Dec 13 with 3139 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:06 - Dec 13 by 34dfgdf54

Easy to play against at the moment unfortunately.

It is.
We actually knew it would happen as we did Andy Carroll kippering us.

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:15 - Dec 13 with 3132 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:07 - Dec 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I believe that Garry Monk won 3 of the first 14 or 15 games before being offered the permanent job, despite Ronald Koeman begging for the job in any newspaper that would print his agent's quotes.

We beat Cardiff 3-0, which of course is enough to blind the majority of our supporters to what was really going on. Very few saw what was actually happening - our playing style being rapidly discarded in favour of the run of the mill football Monk introduced due to his inability to coach players to play the same way as Rodgers and Laudrup before him.

G morning Dwight.
Serious question.
Looking at the hate speech coming on to you and both,would you agree our fan base is slowly realising what a calamitous decision it was to employ Martin and that the concern is HOW and When we can rid ourselves of this chap.

When we turn against each other,eg Lifelong at me,you know that pposters are hurtin but cant/wont admit it.

I would say 60% would like Martin to go ideally but few on forums would admit that as it makes them look a negative poster which of course makes you Lucifer.

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:18 - Dec 13 with 3137 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:07 - Dec 13 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

When laudrup left we were only 2 points off relegation but we ended up finishing 12th so by definition results must have picked up. We then finished 8th the next season so results obviously picked up until the cycle started again.
Unbelievable turnaround on 12:36 - Dec 13 with 3105 viewsonehunglow

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:18 - Dec 13 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

When laudrup left we were only 2 points off relegation but we ended up finishing 12th so by definition results must have picked up. We then finished 8th the next season so results obviously picked up until the cycle started again.

It's not that long ago either
Hurts doesn't it

Unbelievable turnaround on 13:00 - Dec 13 with 3088 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:18 - Dec 13 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

We were in 12th place when Laudrup was rightfully sacked.

I joined this forum to express my opinion that Laudrup should be sacked - I'm not here to defend him.

However, results did not pick up after he was sacked. As I said, we won 3 of the first 14/15 matches after he left. I believe we won 3 of our last 4 games of the season, which saw us finish 9 points clear of the relegation zone. Prior to those three wins, it was looking precarious. Results did not pick up after Laudrup left.

Unbelievable turnaround on 13:17 - Dec 13 with 3066 viewsReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper is a great manager no doubt about it. No one is arguing this. He is not an Swansea city template manager though. Garry Monk took Swansea to 8th in the PL with wins home and away against Arsenal and Man Utd. Warnock has had a similar effect on Cardiff city 2 season ago.

Is Rusell Martin a good fit for Swansea. The jury is out. Mr Allen will decided if Martin ball is good for Swansea and the club is moving in the right direction.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Unbelievable turnaround on 20:21 - Dec 13 with 2938 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unbelievable turnaround on 13:17 - Dec 13 by ReslovenSwan1

Steve Cooper is a great manager no doubt about it. No one is arguing this. He is not an Swansea city template manager though. Garry Monk took Swansea to 8th in the PL with wins home and away against Arsenal and Man Utd. Warnock has had a similar effect on Cardiff city 2 season ago.

Is Rusell Martin a good fit for Swansea. The jury is out. Mr Allen will decided if Martin ball is good for Swansea and the club is moving in the right direction.

“Steve Cooper is a great manager no doubt about it. No one is arguing this.”

People have definitely been arguing this.

Unbelievable turnaround on 20:51 - Dec 13 with 2902 viewsgrabsplatter

I've said it before & I'll say it again, he's not our manager anymore so why keep going on about him?
I don't get the constant references to Cooper.
Unbelievable turnaround on 21:05 - Dec 13 with 2894 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unbelievable turnaround on 20:51 - Dec 13 by grabsplatter

I've said it before & I'll say it again, he's not our manager anymore so why keep going on about him?
I don't get the constant references to Cooper.

Because of the manner in which he is no longer ours I would have thought, and the polarising division that his departure created.

There became two camps, one willing to recognise his achievements (and our clubs achievements of course)… and those that were desperately trying to paint him as an awful manager that we were lucky to be shot of. He was the victim of some horrendous abuse on here, a lot of it personal.

Our clubs achievements over the last few years have continually been put down to “luck” or even converted into a “failure” narrative such is people’s desire to not back down on what was quite a ludicrous stance. This was evident even up until this past week.

I would say taking Forest from bottom of the league to top of the league (in his reign) would be impossible to escape discussion.

Cooper will be a fixture discussed on this forum (and the other one) all season, without question.

Unbelievable turnaround on 21:38 - Dec 13 with 2853 viewsmax936

It needs to be remembered that he knows a lot of our players strengths and weaknesses, he coached them for 2 season's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Unbelievable turnaround on 22:28 - Dec 13 with 2826 viewslifelong

Unbelievable turnaround on 12:15 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

G morning Dwight.
Serious question.
Looking at the hate speech coming on to you and both,would you agree our fan base is slowly realising what a calamitous decision it was to employ Martin and that the concern is HOW and When we can rid ourselves of this chap.

When we turn against each other,eg Lifelong at me,you know that pposters are hurtin but cant/wont admit it.

I would say 60% would like Martin to go ideally but few on forums would admit that as it makes them look a negative poster which of course makes you Lucifer.

Why do you keep on mentioning me, I’ve told you many times before I’m not available.

As far as Cooper is concerned you hated him, posted some very unsavoury things about his appearance and took every opportunity to insult him.
Unbelievable turnaround on 23:38 - Dec 13 with 2763 viewsgrabsplatter

Unbelievable turnaround on 21:05 - Dec 13 by Dr_Parnassus

Because of the manner in which he is no longer ours I would have thought, and the polarising division that his departure created.

There became two camps, one willing to recognise his achievements (and our clubs achievements of course)… and those that were desperately trying to paint him as an awful manager that we were lucky to be shot of. He was the victim of some horrendous abuse on here, a lot of it personal.

Our clubs achievements over the last few years have continually been put down to “luck” or even converted into a “failure” narrative such is people’s desire to not back down on what was quite a ludicrous stance. This was evident even up until this past week.

I would say taking Forest from bottom of the league to top of the league (in his reign) would be impossible to escape discussion.

Cooper will be a fixture discussed on this forum (and the other one) all season, without question.

But it's been done to death with entrenched views on either side. Polarised opinions with very little middle ground, it's just repetition.
Not being a Forest fan I wish them failure - whether they're managed by Cooper or Hughton
Unbelievable turnaround on 01:19 - Dec 14 with 2713 viewsmajorraglan

The question is what is the target? What goals have the club set Martin? Are they happy with survival, introducing a new style of play, blooding new players with the objective of a promotion challenge next year?

We all have our own ideas about where the club should be, my thoughts are top 10 pushing play offs spot. Is that realistic, bearing in mind Martin was brought in late with minimal pre season preparation time? I think it is.

Martin is trying to impose his style of play and so far it’s been a mixed bag, some good - some not so good. Trying to play out from the back is all well and good, but as we’ve seen some sides have cussed the tactics and when that happens there have to be alternative options. 75% possession is great when you’re winning because the other team can’t score if they don’t have the ball, but to get in to winning positions you need to score goals. The Swans need to attack more purposefully and it ain’t happening there are too many sideways and back passes.

Coopers and his analysts got it spot on, a 1-4 home loss is a bad result, especially against an ex manager. Cooper is doing a tremendous job at Forest, 1 loss in 14 games (against Fulham) and 30 points in the bag, over the course of a season that’s an automatic promotion spot nailed down.
Unbelievable turnaround on 03:26 - Dec 14 with 2692 viewsDr_Parnassus

Unbelievable turnaround on 23:38 - Dec 13 by grabsplatter

But it's been done to death with entrenched views on either side. Polarised opinions with very little middle ground, it's just repetition.
Not being a Forest fan I wish them failure - whether they're managed by Cooper or Hughton

Those entrenched views are being tested though, those views were that he isn’t a good manager. So it’s an ever evolving situation which is updated every time he manages a game.

So it will never be “done” as such until next retires or people end up on the same page and there is no need for debate anymore.

I wish him success, apart from when he faces us of course, not sure why I’d wish him failure. He did a lot for us and is a good young Welsh manager that is managing one of Wales’ top young prospects. I’d rather them win every week than Fulham.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024