Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 147705 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 17:35 - Feb 24 with 1707 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:29 - Feb 24 by Catullus

Were they hostile to Russia or did they want to join NATO because they were scared of what Russia might do?

Don't tell me, it's the Neo Nazi's, those same people who exist in large numbers in Russia it's just Putin doesn't like the neo's in Ukraine, in his homeland the neo's are OK!

Oh look where Neo Nazi's have been getting trained, look who supports far right groups,

https://www.dw.com/en/why-are-german-neo-nazis-training-in-russia/a-53702613

The Neo Nazis are in public office and they were helped there by the US. Admittedly, Ukraine has had elections since then, but the govt is very right wing and hostile towards Russia, especially as it intends to join NATO. With Russian history, the last thing they want is a extreme right wing state next to them
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:00 - Feb 24 with 1665 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:35 - Feb 24 by controversial_jack

The Neo Nazis are in public office and they were helped there by the US. Admittedly, Ukraine has had elections since then, but the govt is very right wing and hostile towards Russia, especially as it intends to join NATO. With Russian history, the last thing they want is a extreme right wing state next to them

And yet Putin has snuggled up to far right politicians and allows far right extremists into Russia to get military training. Doesn't exactly scream of being worried does it.

Putin doesn't care about Ukraine's government he just didn't want Ukraine being in NATO and the EU. He says he doesn't even consider Ukraine to be a country but just a region of Russia. I'm sure he knows the history though, the Kievan Rus and that Ukraine has been a country longer than it was part of Russia.

BTW,
https://www.radicalrightanalysis.com/2019/11/30/zelensky-struggles-to-contain-uk

It seems Zelenskyy is trying to contain the neo's which is a different view to yours.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:10 - Feb 24 with 1656 viewsLohengrin

Both the President and Prime Minister of Ukraine are Jewish for crying out loud!
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 12:16]

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:12 - Feb 24 with 1656 viewsBoundy

and Ukraine can't be particularly happy with a left wing dictatorship next door either as seen today

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 18:19 - Feb 24 with 1633 viewsmax936

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 12:22 - Feb 24 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Russia would be totally and completely annihilated by NATO militarily but he holds the nuclear weapon card which is the reason everyone is so reluctant to fight back.

I don’t think anybody doubts that this tiny angry man in high heels is mad enough to push that button in a strop whilst crying “I’m a big boy!”

I don't think he'll stop at Ukraine, Poland be next.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 18:23 - Feb 24 with 1621 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 18:19 - Feb 24 by max936

The Baltic countries have been making preparations, Lithuania has mobilised and sent troops to the border just in case.

This has the makings of a real disaster for Europe. To think people were worried about Brexit, then we get a pandemic and could be on the verge of an all out war on the continent.

It makes leaving the EU look about as important a choice as what to have for breakfast!

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 18:27 - Feb 24 with 1619 viewsBoundy

What's to stop him , he's burnt his bridges with most European nations , the only way I can see this not escalating further is if from within Russia the dissenting voices ( albeit subdued atm ) become louder ,sanctions may work if it affects the daily lives of its citizens .

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:14 - Feb 24 with 1579 viewsmax936

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 18:27 - Feb 24 by Boundy

What's to stop him , he's burnt his bridges with most European nations , the only way I can see this not escalating further is if from within Russia the dissenting voices ( albeit subdued atm ) become louder ,sanctions may work if it affects the daily lives of its citizens .

He's threatening Nuclear weapons already, he does realise that Russia is not the only country with Nuclear weapons, if things did get out of hand will it draw in China, most definitely in my opinion

Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:22 - Feb 24 with 1571 viewsBadlands

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:12 - Feb 24 by Boundy

and Ukraine can't be particularly happy with a left wing dictatorship next door either as seen today

What left wing dictatorship?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:27 - Feb 24 with 1561 viewsBadlands

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 10:59 - Feb 24 by felixstowe_jack

The evil of communist dictatorships never goes away Russian and China invading countries.

Putin is as far from being a communist Ghengis Khan.
He’s an extreme right wing, Christian megalomanic.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:33 - Feb 24 with 1540 viewsmajorraglan

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:27 - Feb 24 by Badlands

I agree with you on this. The old Eastern block referred to as Communist, but in reality they were just authoritarian gangsters fiefdoms where the rich and powerful took what they wanted.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:54 - Feb 24 with 1509 viewsCatullus

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:27 - Feb 24 by Badlands

I have pointed out that Putin doesn't seem to mind Neo Nazi's in his own country and has cosied up with far right politicians like Marine Le Pen.

Left or right is getting less relevant in politics, it's all about greed and power.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:07 - Feb 24 with 1491 viewsDr_Winston

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:14 - Feb 24 by max936

He's threatening Nuclear weapons already, he does realise that Russia is not the only country with Nuclear weapons, if things did get out of hand will it draw in China, most definitely in my opinion

The Chinese are watching what happens with great interest. One eye on Europe, another across the Taiwan Strait.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:22 - Feb 24 with 1464 viewsJack_Meoff

Poland is a member of NATO. Article 5 means that's a different ball game.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:34 - Feb 24 with 1439 viewsBoundy

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:22 - Feb 24 by Jack_Meoff

Different but not beyond becoming a reality .

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:50 - Feb 24 with 1407 viewsbennytheblue

Completely….massive loss of life but Russia would be invaded by nato forces if he shows anymore aggression I reckon.
Russia invade Ukraine on 20:54 - Feb 24 with 1396 viewsDr_Parnassus

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:32 - Feb 24 by Catullus

You forgot the "Neo nazis" and "Russia has a right to defend itself" and we've had a full house!

Dr P is right, you can say some of those and still think it's abhorrent but there are a few on here who seem determined to defend Russia and criticise the USA, it's as if only one of those has ever done anything wrong!

PS, https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/donald-trump-mistakenly-thinks-that-us-troo

it's so good that he is n the ball and knows what's going on because Biden hasn't a clue
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 17:01]

That’s the kind of silly article I’m talking about Cat.

So he misunderstood a point that a journalist made, responded to it.

What a non article and waste of internet space.

He said: "You know what’s also very dangerous is you told me about the amphibious attack by Americans. You shouldn't be saying that, because you and everybody else shouldn’t know about. They should do that secretly, not be doing that through the great Laura Ingraham.”

“No, those are the Russians,” she said, correcting him.

“Oh, I thought you said that we were sending people in,” Trump added. “That’ll be next.”

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:59 - Feb 24 with 1374 viewsGwyn737

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:07 - Feb 24 by Dr_Winston

The Chinese are watching what happens with great interest. One eye on Europe, another across the Taiwan Strait.

Yep. I mentioned this earlier.

No matter what blame is cast for the reasons this has happened, the fact is Russia has invaded a sovereign country.

We should be focussing on that and what it could mean with China.
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:01 - Feb 24 with 1373 viewsKilkennyjack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 18:23 - Feb 24 by Catullus

The Baltic countries have been making preparations, Lithuania has mobilised and sent troops to the border just in case.

This has the makings of a real disaster for Europe. To think people were worried about Brexit, then we get a pandemic and could be on the verge of an all out war on the continent.

It makes leaving the EU look about as important a choice as what to have for breakfast!

Putin funded Brexit.
The Russian report says the government chose not to look for the evidence. Very convenient.

Brexit was not the only factor, but it was a Putin policy win to weaken the EU.

This might help you understand.

Beware of the Risen People

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 21:08 - Feb 24 with 1351 viewsmajorraglan

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:59 - Feb 24 by Gwyn737

Yep. I mentioned this earlier.

No matter what blame is cast for the reasons this has happened, the fact is Russia has invaded a sovereign country.

We should be focussing on that and what it could mean with China.

Indeed. Russia has been cosying up to the Chinese over the last few years, for the West’s sanctions to take effect against Russia their going to have to try and ensure the Russians don’t just turn to the Chinese instead, the Chinese on the the the other hand have to play their cards carefully because if they fully support Russia they could lose out on trade etc with the West which is a much bigger market.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 21:41]
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:50 - Feb 24 with 1281 viewsDJack

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 19:54 - Feb 24 by Catullus

I have pointed out that Putin doesn't seem to mind Neo Nazi's in his own country and has cosied up with far right politicians like Marine Le Pen.

Left or right is getting less relevant in politics, it's all about greed and power.

Cat, I've been banging that drum for years and they all ignore it as it doesn't fit with their ideologically driven "points".

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:56 - Feb 24 with 1277 viewscontroversial_jack

It looks like Putin is going further than to just take control of the Donbas area, and may be wanting to overthrow the govt and put in president who would be sympathetic to Russia
Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:56 - Feb 24 with 1277 viewsDJack

He will use the same playbook as he did before and destabilise the politics by financing far left and right. Install a Russia friendly/bought Government and stir up his bought nazi's to justify another "invite" to instill order. All previous Soviet satellite states should be very worried.

Moldova then Hungary are next.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:08 - Feb 24 with 1271 viewsmax936

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 20:50 - Feb 24 by bennytheblue

Completely….massive loss of life but Russia would be invaded by nato forces if he shows anymore aggression I reckon.

No chance he'll start sending Nukes into Europe etc, plus China won't stand back and let that happen, we'll be entering the end game.
I don't know what the answer is though, Frightening times.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 23:11]

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:38 - Feb 24 with 1249 viewsraynor94

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 23:08 - Feb 24 by max936

No chance he'll start sending Nukes into Europe etc, plus China won't stand back and let that happen, we'll be entering the end game.
I don't know what the answer is though, Frightening times.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2022 23:11]

He won't do that Max, even he won't start armageddon, he's having a bit of a surprise already in Ukraine they are not going to roll over.

He knows attacking a Nato alliance will invite a whole new ball game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024