Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Russia invade Ukraine 14:17 - Dec 23 with 151344 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Discuss.

Also why is Putin always described in the media as this rugged strongman? He’s barely five foot tall with his high heels on.

But that’s another debate.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Russia invade Ukraine on 16:12 - Feb 25 with 1234 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:04 - Feb 25 by Catullus

The Russians and the Finns are old enemies, neither they nor Sweden are in NATO. It's a blatant power grab, a territory grab, Putin wants what isn't in the EU or NATO so he has a buffer between Russia and us.

It's why he probably wont go to Poland, Hungary Latvia, Lithuania or Estonia because NATO would have to act and that is far too dangerous a road, or is he that bonkers?

I will give you a prediction if he goes into Finland or Sweden then it's ww3, Ukraine is a line in the sand (rightly or wrongly), if the West doesn't do anything if he rolls into Finland or Sweden that will mean we are yellow, Americans yellow ok - combined 10 years late for the world wars etc, but Blighty ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:42 - Feb 25 with 1199 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:12 - Feb 25 by trampie

I will give you a prediction if he goes into Finland or Sweden then it's ww3, Ukraine is a line in the sand (rightly or wrongly), if the West doesn't do anything if he rolls into Finland or Sweden that will mean we are yellow, Americans yellow ok - combined 10 years late for the world wars etc, but Blighty ?

It may well be so but then, look at our western leaders, are any of them any good? How many of them have the balls to take on Russia? The EU backed down, Macron wanted to throw Ukraine to the Russians and Germany...well it's all been said.

It is certainly the most dangerous time in history in my lifetime, that I can think of anyway. Maybe Putin will get bogged down in Ukraine and protests back home will make him think twice but I wouldn't bet on it.

The West did nothing about Crimea and it only emboldened Putin. Our weakness got its due reward.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:00 - Feb 25 with 1191 viewstrampie

Russia invade Ukraine on 16:42 - Feb 25 by Catullus

It may well be so but then, look at our western leaders, are any of them any good? How many of them have the balls to take on Russia? The EU backed down, Macron wanted to throw Ukraine to the Russians and Germany...well it's all been said.

It is certainly the most dangerous time in history in my lifetime, that I can think of anyway. Maybe Putin will get bogged down in Ukraine and protests back home will make him think twice but I wouldn't bet on it.

The West did nothing about Crimea and it only emboldened Putin. Our weakness got its due reward.

Russia should never have given the Crimea away and everybody that takes an interest knows it, the people that give it away probably thought that the Ukraine would always be under Russian influence (very naive), that's why nothing was ever done to varying degrees people thought it was Russian.
But the Ukraine itself is another step, once part of Russian Empire, a lot of ethnic Russians in Eastern Ukraine etc, but then if we are talking Sweden or Finland that is a different level in a geopolitical sense (and I'm not talking about a few miles of some Finnish wasteland either) then the West has to act .
[Post edited 25 Feb 2022 17:02]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:08 - Feb 25 with 1181 viewstrampie

Here is one for OHL :-

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:25 - Feb 25 with 1159 viewsKeithHaynes

Russian troops are in northern districts of the capital Kyiv, Ukraine says, and video shows armoured vehicles advancing.

The UK says the "bulk" of Russian troops advancing on the city remain more than 50km away
Vladimir Putin tells Ukrainian troops to overthrow their own country's leadership.

Meanwhile the Ukrainian government calls on citizens to make Molotov cocktails and defend the city
Ukraine's interior ministry also says 18,000 guns have been given to volunteers.

Russian forces say they have taken control of Hostomel airfield near Kyiv.

On an island in the Black Sea, 13 border guards refused to surrender to a Russian warship and were massacred.

Russia is stripped of Champions League final, kicked out of 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, and stopped from hosting F1 Grand Prix

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:48 - Feb 25 with 1131 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:25 - Feb 25 by KeithHaynes

Russian troops are in northern districts of the capital Kyiv, Ukraine says, and video shows armoured vehicles advancing.

The UK says the "bulk" of Russian troops advancing on the city remain more than 50km away
Vladimir Putin tells Ukrainian troops to overthrow their own country's leadership.

Meanwhile the Ukrainian government calls on citizens to make Molotov cocktails and defend the city
Ukraine's interior ministry also says 18,000 guns have been given to volunteers.

On an island in the Black Sea, 13 border guards refused to surrender to a Russian warship and were massacred.

Russia is stripped of Champions League final, kicked out of 2022 Eurovision Song Contest, and stopped from hosting F1 Grand Prix

If you refuse to surrender you get shot! Just saying!
Russia invade Ukraine on 18:00 - Feb 25 with 1124 viewsCatullus

I've just read the list of EU sanctions and really, what is the point? The Baltic states and Ukraine had asked for much tougher sanctions including removing Russia from "SWIFT" but the EU cannot agree, they are even too scared to place personal sanctions on Putin.

If Putin gets his hands on Zelenskyy I doubt if he'll be scared to do what he wants to him.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:08 - Feb 25 with 1120 viewsBoundy

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:48 - Feb 25 by controversial_jack

If you refuse to surrender you get shot! Just saying!

I'm guessing that you've served under battle conditions ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:45 - Feb 25 with 1072 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:00 - Feb 25 by Catullus

I've just read the list of EU sanctions and really, what is the point? The Baltic states and Ukraine had asked for much tougher sanctions including removing Russia from "SWIFT" but the EU cannot agree, they are even too scared to place personal sanctions on Putin.

If Putin gets his hands on Zelenskyy I doubt if he'll be scared to do what he wants to him.

The Germans are apparently very reluctant to ban the Russians from using swift as the Russian banks owe the German banks a lot of money and if they can't use swift they can't pay them back.

This isn't going to end well.

Putin made threats against Finland and Sweden joining NATO today. I can't see him stopping at the Ukrainian border.
Russia invade Ukraine on 21:28 - Feb 25 with 1001 viewsmajorraglan

Russia invade Ukraine on 19:45 - Feb 25 by Scotia

The Germans are apparently very reluctant to ban the Russians from using swift as the Russian banks owe the German banks a lot of money and if they can't use swift they can't pay them back.

Putin made threats against Finland and Sweden joining NATO today. I can't see him stopping at the Ukrainian border.

I read an article on the ban from SWIFT, it seems the Chinese have developed their own equivalent of SWIFT it’s a system called CIPS. There are fears that banning the Russians from SWIFT will just see them move on to CIPS which will undermine the global financial model and hand the Chinese greater control.
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:11 - Feb 25 with 949 viewsAjack_Kerouac

The Germans appear to have thrown in with the Russians, a decision that seemed to be taken under Merkel.

This is the World the Left wanted, the EU, Russia and China undermining American power, an end to the dominance of the Anglosphere...because we are so evil of course.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 22:26 - Feb 25 with 944 viewsbennytheblue

Will Russia invade Ukraine? on 13:44 - Feb 25 by onehunglow

Ben
Putin doesn't give a monkeys
Old KGB officers never change. He is still hurting over the break up of USSR and ha always wanted those countries back.

I get that, but they don’t want to go back, if he thinks they do he’s very misguided. Just like Georgia didn’t want to a few years ago…..
Russia invade Ukraine on 22:55 - Feb 25 with 925 viewsjack_lord

Russia invade Ukraine on 17:25 - Feb 25 by KeithHaynes

What happens next Keith? Would we be seen as aggressors if we put one of our carriers out in the Black sea. In this game of chess we need to get the Other on Alert in the North sea on exercise. Similarly the French can utilise their fleet in an exercise capacity.
The Russian public are not behind this and 20 years has made Putin think he is invincible. The new generation of Ruskis has enjoyed the modern world and maybe they are the key that will unlock the madness.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Russia invade Ukraine on 23:05 - Feb 25 with 916 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 22:11 - Feb 25 by Ajack_Kerouac

The Germans appear to have thrown in with the Russians, a decision that seemed to be taken under Merkel.

This is the World the Left wanted, the EU, Russia and China undermining American power, an end to the dominance of the Anglosphere...because we are so evil of course.

I don't think they've "thrown in with the Russians" they are just dependent on Russian gas and think putting the kaibosh on Nord 2 is enough of a financial hit for them. I understand that, but it's their fault and they need to suck it up. I'd say the same if it was the UK.

This isn't a left / right thing it's all about one man and his tyrannical regime.

I don't think Russia and China are undermining anyone. This is just a catastrophe that nobody but Putin could have prevented, some leaders with less diplomatic nous could already have seen the button already being pressed.
Russia invade Ukraine on 00:31 - Feb 26 with 891 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia has a GDP, considerably less than the Uk has. They don't have the finances for any protracted actions. Overthrowing the Ukranian govt would be about their limit and they would want to do it quickly.
Russia invade Ukraine on 00:33 - Feb 26 with 887 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:08 - Feb 25 by Boundy

If you don't surrender you are still seen as hostile and dangerous and you cannot be taken prisoner either if you are still armed. Drop your weapons put your hands up or there's no alternative
Russia invade Ukraine on 07:42 - Feb 26 with 832 viewsScotia

Russia invade Ukraine on 00:31 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

Russia has a GDP, considerably less than the Uk has. They don't have the finances for any protracted actions. Overthrowing the Ukranian govt would be about their limit and they would want to do it quickly.

But spend more of it on their armed forces than any other major country.

They've got the armed forces for a long and protracted war.

Putin will do what he wants unless he thinks they'll lose. He's a bully.
Russia invade Ukraine on 08:19 - Feb 26 with 815 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:00 - Feb 25 by Catullus

Hungry and Cyprus (!) only parts of EU not on board re SWIFT.

Poland has sent significant ammunition.

Refugees welcomed in Poland, Czech Rep and Slovakia.

Whilst the government of the UK accepts Russian money for the Tory party.
Sidelined now by US, France and Germany.

Also the UK has not set up a safe and legal route for Ukrainians to travel directly to the UK to seek refuge after the Russian invasion, it has emerged.

Britain has now stopped accepting visa applications from Ukrainians who could not or did not leave the country, and the only circumstance in which they could safely and legally come to the UK is if they have British relatives, according to The Independent.

No position to throw stones at EU.

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:21 - Feb 26 with 810 viewsKilkennyjack

Russia invade Ukraine on 18:08 - Feb 25 by Boundy

Here we go, an informed update from dads army …. 🤦‍♂️

Beware of the Risen People

Russia invade Ukraine on 09:04 - Feb 26 with 792 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Thankfully we hardly touch Russian gas . Europe could be in a bit of a fix if the Russians decide to turn it off though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:01 - Feb 26 with 764 viewsCatullus

Russia invade Ukraine on 08:19 - Feb 26 by Kilkennyjack

Hungry and Cyprus (!) only parts of EU not on board re SWIFT.

Poland has sent significant ammunition.

Refugees welcomed in Poland, Czech Rep and Slovakia.

Whilst the government of the UK accepts Russian money for the Tory party.
Sidelined now by US, France and Germany.

Also the UK has not set up a safe and legal route for Ukrainians to travel directly to the UK to seek refuge after the Russian invasion, it has emerged.

Britain has now stopped accepting visa applications from Ukrainians who could not or did not leave the country, and the only circumstance in which they could safely and legally come to the UK is if they have British relatives, according to The Independent.

No position to throw stones at EU.

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said it would not consider removing Russia from Swift, claiming: "We need to keep sanctions ready for later times."

Not just Hungary (not starving) and Cyprus. Germany has been responsible for stopping aid already and Macron wanted to hand Ukraine to Russia on a plate, the "Finlandized" version.

The UK has put sanctions in place more quickly, has sent aid via military materiel and I have no doubt we will take refugees in. You don't need a visa if you are a refugee.

But you carry on knocking your country and defending shameful behaviour by France and Germany.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:10 - Feb 26 with 757 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:01 - Feb 26 by Catullus

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said it would not consider removing Russia from Swift, claiming: "We need to keep sanctions ready for later times."

Not just Hungary (not starving) and Cyprus. Germany has been responsible for stopping aid already and Macron wanted to hand Ukraine to Russia on a plate, the "Finlandized" version.

The UK has put sanctions in place more quickly, has sent aid via military materiel and I have no doubt we will take refugees in. You don't need a visa if you are a refugee.

But you carry on knocking your country and defending shameful behaviour by France and Germany.

Russia has massive financial interests and ties with Cyprus. The Cypriots need Russia to prevent any further Turkish incursions. Russia will soon be Locke into conflict with Turkey when the Turks attempt to close off the Black Sea. Greece and Cyprus will also get dragged into this.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:13 - Feb 26 with 752 viewsBrynmill_Jack

As much as people hate Brand for his alternative lifestyle he’s pretty much bang on on the Geopolitical circumstances that have led to this whilst condemning Russias aggression in the first place.

“There are no good guys and bad guys anymore. Just bad guys”.

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:37 - Feb 26 with 739 viewscontroversial_jack

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:10 - Feb 26 by Brynmill_Jack

Russia has massive financial interests and ties with Cyprus. The Cypriots need Russia to prevent any further Turkish incursions. Russia will soon be Locke into conflict with Turkey when the Turks attempt to close off the Black Sea. Greece and Cyprus will also get dragged into this.

Turkey won't close off the black sea, they have stated this
Russia invade Ukraine on 10:39 - Feb 26 with 738 viewsmajorraglan

Russia invade Ukraine on 10:01 - Feb 26 by Catullus

The German economic sanctions have been more stringent than ours whatever is said, they are also going to take a huge hit on their gas supply as they were dependant on Russia. SWIFT is important, but the Russians could get around it using CIPS which is Chinese system recently developed to compete with SWIFT.
There’s a lot of thought that CIPS could be a major threat to the Banking system and to Western economies in general. Whether this is right or not I have no idea.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024