Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. 02:46 - Jan 2 with 3209 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

In what is usually now the midway point of the season, Russell Martin has taken us from automatic promotion contenders to a club grateful that multiple point deductions across the league have thus far kept us treading water above an active relegation fight.

We are earning fewer points.
We are scoring less goals.
We are creating fewer chances.
We are conducting fewer attacks.

If the second half of the season yields little positive change, do you believe Russell Martin deserves another season in charge?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 08:54 - Jan 2 with 2358 viewsnantywatcher

We've got our very own Ted Lasso - without the laughs or entertainment.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 09:13 - Jan 2 with 2340 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 08:54 - Jan 2 by nantywatcher

We've got our very own Ted Lasso - without the laughs or entertainment.

Ted Lasso 🤣🤣🤣

Absolutely spot on.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 10:24 - Jan 2 with 2264 viewsonehunglow

So Dwight posts a perfectly respectable post which is FACT.
The first 2 responses fail to make a reply apart from schoolyard drivel.
Im sure the responders feel a dwight does but dont have the guts to admit it as they would be "wrong" to be seen to agree.

Dwight.You are being too optimistic thinking Martin should be with us next season.

Wake up folks

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 10:40 - Jan 2 with 2251 viewsOptimisticJack

It was only 4 matches back that we totally outplayed Barnsley away and won 2 nil.
Barnsley could not get the ball off us that night.
Our possession stats was some sort of record I believe ( I'm not a stato).
A complete performance grounding the opposition down with possession.
The next game Rhys Williams was brought into the defence I suspect only due to pressure from his parent club Liverpool.
The balance of our defence was affected from that point.
In fact the few matches this lad has played ( first half against Luton and our most recent matches) we have shipped goals.
The 3 matches since Barnsley away, defence and goalkeeping errors have cost us dearly.
However, you don't become a bad team overnight.
Tweak the defence, cut out the individual errors and we will be back on track.

Optimisticjack

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 10:47 - Jan 2 with 2225 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 10:40 - Jan 2 by OptimisticJack

It was only 4 matches back that we totally outplayed Barnsley away and won 2 nil.
The next game Rhys Williams was brought into the defence I suspect only due to pressure from his parent club Liverpool.
In fact the few matches this lad has played ( first half against Luton and our most recent matches) we have shipped goals.
The 3 matches since Barnsley away, defence and goalkeeping errors have cost us dearly.

Barnsley might well not have had the ball off off but we won by TWO goals.

How about when we played the likes of Bournemouth and Fulham who didnt get that much more of the ball but stuffed us as the records show. THAT is where we are.

Russy stats more important to HIM.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 11:34 - Jan 2 with 2189 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 10:40 - Jan 2 by OptimisticJack

Is this post a good knowledge of football AC?
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 12:16 - Jan 2 with 2148 viewsjasper_T

You don't become a bad team overnight but you don't become a good one off the back of one performance either. Barnsley are 23rd, they've won one game since August.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 12:51 - Jan 2 with 2116 viewsCatullus

On the plus side, we haven't been deducted points because we haven't cheated/broken the rules/done anything wrong.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:00 - Jan 2 with 2095 viewsDr_Parnassus

“Give him 10 games to flatten the curve”.

An intentional spin on the Government's Covid direction there…

But on a serious note, that went away pretty quickly didn’t it. It’s now seamlessly turned into a further 3 transfer windows. From 10 games to 2 years, thats quite something.

Governments around the world will look at certain parts of our fan base to learn how to quickly and seamlessly completely flip expectations and periods of time.

“Patience” has now turned into, “we can’t judge until he’s been here for years”.

I am not against Martin, I’m still hoping he sees sense and turns it around, I certainly see potential in him.

What I am against is the complete lack of any accountability or critique, it’s such an unhealthy environment that seems to be perpetuated at the moment by people that seem like they are under some sort of spell. It’s almost cult like.

He’s had half a season now. There should be no talk of transition seasons, lack of pre seasons or any of that nonsense. If we play well and the tactics are correct then he deserves praise, if we play badly and the tactics were wrong then we should be able to critique that.

I really can’t abide this talk of “his vision” etc.

For any club or fan base to even talk in those terms, there has to be some level of proof that what we are doing works. 19th and 13th for MK Dons and 16th for Swansea really isn’t showing that this “vision” is something we should be putting lock stock and barrel into, especially when not only has it historically not worked - it’s also clearly not working now for very obvious and basic reasons.

There needs to be far more nouse going forward. “We deserved to win because we dominated the ball” really doesn’t cut it, but it does appear that is the level of thinking there. It’s no deeper than that.

What we did with the ball or sometimes more importantly what we allowed them to do with the ball is often seen as an irrelevance.

It’s certainly an odd tenure so far on many levels.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:34 - Jan 2 with 2071 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:00 - Jan 2 by Dr_Parnassus

But on a serious note, that went away pretty quickly didn’t it. It’s now seamlessly turned into a further 3 transfer windows. From 10 games to 2 years, thats quite something.

Governments around the world will look at certain parts of our fan base to learn how to quickly and seamlessly completely flip expectations and periods of time.

“Patience” has now turned into, “we can’t judge until he’s been here for years”.

I am not against Martin, I’m still hoping he sees sense and turns it around, I certainly see potential in him.

What I am against is the complete lack of any accountability or critique, it’s such an unhealthy environment that seems to be perpetuated at the moment by people that seem like they are under some sort of spell. It’s almost cult like.

He’s had half a season now. There should be no talk of transition seasons, lack of pre seasons or any of that nonsense. If we play well and the tactics are correct then he deserves praise, if we play badly and the tactics were wrong then we should be able to critique that.

For any club or fan base to even talk in those terms, there has to be some level of proof that what we are doing works. 19th and 13th for MK Dons and 16th for Swansea really isn’t showing that this “vision” is something we should be putting lock stock and barrel into, especially when not only has it historically not worked - it’s also clearly not working now for very obvious and basic reasons.

There needs to be far more nouse going forward. “We deserved to win because we dominated the ball” really doesn’t cut it, but it does appear that is the level of thinking there. It’s no deeper than that.

What we did with the ball or sometimes more importantly what we allowed them to do with the ball is often seen as an irrelevance.

Vision=Dream

Few come true but it reads well and sounds great.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:34 - Jan 2 with 2079 viewsnantywatcher

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:00 - Jan 2 by Dr_Parnassus

Spot on post Dr.P From the very beginning of his tenure I wrote I was worried that RM was a bullshi**r and nothing over a half season has alleviated those fears. I want him to do well but his management seems to be riddled with flaws. Anyway - a new year - onward and upward.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:38 - Jan 2 with 2066 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:34 - Jan 2 by nantywatcher

Spot on post Dr.P From the very beginning of his tenure I wrote I was worried that RM was a bullshi**r and nothing over a half season has alleviated those fears. I want him to do well but his management seems to be riddled with flaws. Anyway - a new year - onward and upward.

Me too.

Something about him ,right from the start,bothered me.

I am truly fearful as with Cullis,it didnt last long a he was found out,Bobby B ,bless him didnt have it early enough but this guy seems to have charmed our fans with no logic at all.What we have seen is awful ,cringewrthy ,boring drivel .Other clubs have tumbled him and when several clubs refer to us as boring then therein lies a clue.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:50 - Jan 2 with 2067 viewsOptimisticJack

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 10:47 - Jan 2 by onehunglow

Barnsley might well not have had the ball off off but we won by TWO goals.

How about when we played the likes of Bournemouth and Fulham who didnt get that much more of the ball but stuffed us as the records show. THAT is where we are.

Russy stats more important to HIM.

Not at all. Cant see what point you are making.
We scored twice and won.
The point has been made so many times. We are still work in progress.
Fulham and Bournemouth games - we got on the end of poor refereeing decisions however were beaten by established teams relegated from the Premier League and having the benefit of the parachute payments.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 14:19]

Optimisticjack

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:33 - Jan 2 with 1997 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 13:50 - Jan 2 by OptimisticJack

Not at all. Cant see what point you are making.
We scored twice and won.
The point has been made so many times. We are still work in progress.
Fulham and Bournemouth games - we got on the end of poor refereeing decisions however were beaten by established teams relegated from the Premier League and having the benefit of the parachute payments.

[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 14:19]

the point is despite us having 80% possession we only managed to score 2 goals against the side who if not for Derby's point deduction would be bottom of the league having won just 2 games all season.

I cant believe you are blaming the ref for us losing at Fulham we had 62% possession yet Fulham managed more shots at goal and scored 3 goals to our 1 . Every time they had the ball they cut through us like a hot knife through butter with their big burly centre forward no match for Naughton yet our erstwhile manager seeing this happening before his eyes did nothing to try and change it!!! So stop blaming officials for our managers ineptitude.

SO what is this work in progress?..Most managers by now would have found a way to get the best out of the resources available to them to build a platform from which to achieve their ultimate goal...Martin though has this "vision" resulting in players played out of position,coaching natural instinct out of players , dropping players as they wont play by numbers to get a win .

There are really some "blind" fans who cannot see what is happening to us....then again we are all entitled to an opinion....

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:43 - Jan 2 with 1990 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:33 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

the point is despite us having 80% possession we only managed to score 2 goals against the side who if not for Derby's point deduction would be bottom of the league having won just 2 games all season.

I cant believe you are blaming the ref for us losing at Fulham we had 62% possession yet Fulham managed more shots at goal and scored 3 goals to our 1 . Every time they had the ball they cut through us like a hot knife through butter with their big burly centre forward no match for Naughton yet our erstwhile manager seeing this happening before his eyes did nothing to try and change it!!! So stop blaming officials for our managers ineptitude.

SO what is this work in progress?..Most managers by now would have found a way to get the best out of the resources available to them to build a platform from which to achieve their ultimate goal...Martin though has this "vision" resulting in players played out of position,coaching natural instinct out of players , dropping players as they wont play by numbers to get a win .

There are really some "blind" fans who cannot see what is happening to us....then again we are all entitled to an opinion....

Vetch, Steve has gone, leave it fella.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:50 - Jan 2 with 1975 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:43 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

Exactly so now the current manager needs to be discussed....I am sure you gave Cooper lots of stick last season despite us being in the top six.

Its time for people to wake up and smell the coffee....what about some reasoned discussion countering my argument rather than referring to our ex manager that lucky fraud who despite having no preseason or input to player acquisition has taken a side from the bottom of the table to just outside the play offs...

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:00 - Jan 2 with 1965 viewsvetchonian

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:43 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

And where have I referenced the last two seasons in this post?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:04 - Jan 2 with 1962 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:50 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Exactly so now the current manager needs to be discussed....I am sure you gave Cooper lots of stick last season despite us being in the top six.

Its time for people to wake up and smell the coffee....what about some reasoned discussion countering my argument rather than referring to our ex manager that lucky fraud who despite having no preseason or input to player acquisition has taken a side from the bottom of the table to just outside the play offs...

The trouble is vetch is after the last two seasons quite a few fans think that we deserve to be in the the promotion hunt every season no matter what, some fans and I like to think I am in this band are realistic and know our place.

I loved cooper in his first month's but after an amount games it became clear that he relied on certain players, ayew and his loan signings, his lack of experience shone through, he was lucky that he had ayew otherwise we would have never made the playoffs and if we were lucky enough to get promoted we would have been cannon fodder, cooper would have been replaced by a journeyman and we would have probably been relegated anyway.

I'm giving RM until next autumn as he needs two windows to get it right, if we are skirting with relegation then I will be on his case no probs mate.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:05 - Jan 2 with 1955 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 19:33 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Thanks
I sometimes wonder if I am the only normal one on here

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:06 - Jan 2 with 1958 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:04 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

The trouble is vetch is after the last two seasons quite a few fans think that we deserve to be in the the promotion hunt every season no matter what, some fans and I like to think I am in this band are realistic and know our place.

I loved cooper in his first month's but after an amount games it became clear that he relied on certain players, ayew and his loan signings, his lack of experience shone through, he was lucky that he had ayew otherwise we would have never made the playoffs and if we were lucky enough to get promoted we would have been cannon fodder, cooper would have been replaced by a journeyman and we would have probably been relegated anyway.

I'm giving RM until next autumn as he needs two windows to get it right, if we are skirting with relegation then I will be on his case no probs mate.

"I'm giving RM until next autumn as he needs two windows to get it right, if we are skirting with relegation then I will be on his case no probs mate."

There is hardly a better way to avoid discussion than by releasing an argument from the control of the present and by saying that only the future will reveal its merits.

-Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:09 - Jan 2 with 1946 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:04 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

So,you WOULD turn on him then.

What about the support

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:10 - Jan 2 with 1950 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:06 - Jan 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

"I'm giving RM until next autumn as he needs two windows to get it right, if we are skirting with relegation then I will be on his case no probs mate."

There is hardly a better way to avoid discussion than by releasing an argument from the control of the present and by saying that only the future will reveal its merits.

-Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism.

I repeat to you my post on another topic

I will NEVER EVER take you seriously as you are not a swansea fan.
Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:10 - Jan 2 with 1950 viewsvetchonian

Interesting post....actually many who are deemed "Cooperites" recognised he overachieved with the resources at his disposal. We did win some games without Ayew and he changed things away from 5 3 2 to 433 towards the seasons end to try to improver things....he was learning and adapting.
He knew he needed a striker yet the yanks gave him two MLS players who had been crocked and were in recovery...

I think its fair to say this season he has proven thus far he ahs what it takes to be a good manager....
Can you say the same about Martin?

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:15 - Jan 2 with 1935 viewsonehunglow

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:10 - Jan 2 by Fireboy2

I repeat to you my post on another topic

I will NEVER EVER take you seriously as you are not a swansea fan.

You cannot answer him.That is the reason.

You cant answer me .

You need to wind your neck in.

Same with AC.

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:25 - Jan 2 with 1929 viewsFireboy2

Only four teams in this league have earned less points than us this season. on 20:10 - Jan 2 by vetchonian

Interesting post....actually many who are deemed "Cooperites" recognised he overachieved with the resources at his disposal. We did win some games without Ayew and he changed things away from 5 3 2 to 433 towards the seasons end to try to improver things....he was learning and adapting.
He knew he needed a striker yet the yanks gave him two MLS players who had been crocked and were in recovery...

I think its fair to say this season he has proven thus far he ahs what it takes to be a good manager....
Can you say the same about Martin?

Tbf cooper has inherited a better squad with forest than he did with us.

There are reasons that back up RM and as I've said it will take for me until next autumn for me to really pass judgement on RM no matter what any yernited plastic says.

I see in RM that we have a potential great manager who can take us back up into the PL playing decent football that can keep us there but as I've said he needs two windows to get the players he wants be it from mkd, other teams or from within.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024