Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bayo 22:01 - Jan 29 with 5605 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60093306

Weight or colour?
Bayo on 22:19 - Jan 29 with 5562 viewsAndyNak

Neither. The same chant our lot sang at Charlie Austin at QPR in the week

Poll: Joe or Wilf? If you could only have one

Bayo on 00:00 - Jan 30 with 5483 viewsKeithHaynes

Not a racist chant according to the media, so what was it ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bayo on 00:08 - Jan 30 with 5468 viewsSTID2017

Bayo on 00:00 - Jan 30 by KeithHaynes

Not a racist chant according to the media, so what was it ?

Other site suggests child abuse chant ?
Disgusting whatever it was.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Bayo on 00:19 - Jan 30 with 5448 viewsKeithHaynes

Bayo on 00:08 - Jan 30 by STID2017

Other site suggests child abuse chant ?
Disgusting whatever it was.

Ok, that’s out of order, but I read it was about his weight. Eddie Mays Mrs is spinning in her grave.
Has Bayo been linked to child abuse ?

Actually researching this it’s this again. “We must work together to ensure those who have not and do not face racial prejudice understand that what may appear to them to be a throwaway remark can have such a big and hurtful impact. “I believe that it dehumanises me as a black man by associating me to a Water Buffalo, a dark animal, in a derogatory manner. I feel passionately around raising this because we as a sport and as society must wake up. We must do more. We must educate ourselves and understand the potential repercussions of using such language and be aware of the hurt it can cause. The bigger issue to me would be the lack of understanding as to why calling me this term would not be hurtful to me as black man, and this must change “

Thoughts ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Bayo on 05:57 - Jan 30 with 5368 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bayo on 00:19 - Jan 30 by KeithHaynes

Ok, that’s out of order, but I read it was about his weight. Eddie Mays Mrs is spinning in her grave.
Has Bayo been linked to child abuse ?

Actually researching this it’s this again. “We must work together to ensure those who have not and do not face racial prejudice understand that what may appear to them to be a throwaway remark can have such a big and hurtful impact. “I believe that it dehumanises me as a black man by associating me to a Water Buffalo, a dark animal, in a derogatory manner. I feel passionately around raising this because we as a sport and as society must wake up. We must do more. We must educate ourselves and understand the potential repercussions of using such language and be aware of the hurt it can cause. The bigger issue to me would be the lack of understanding as to why calling me this term would not be hurtful to me as black man, and this must change “

Thoughts ?

Doesn’t he call himself “the beast” and have his own brand “beast mode” and trade off the beast name?

A beast of course being a direct reference to a wilderbeast and other 4 legged strong animals of bovine nature, which are nearly all darker in skin.

Seems like a load of nonsense again to be honest. Although I think the buffalo thing is years old, this one seems to be one of those stupid sex offender chants.

They are aimed at everyone (usually most influential or famous name on the side) and nothing to do with skin colour. We have been singing those songs for decades too “packet of sweets and a cheeky smile…”.

[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 6:10]

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Bayo on 06:09 - Jan 30 with 5356 viewsDr_Parnassus

Apparently the chant was “MK Dons we’re on a bender, “insert players name” is a sex offender”.

A chant aimed at several opposition players and managers at random this season and sang up and down the country in one of those stock copy all chants.

Stupid and pathetic chant, but nothing that we haven’t been doing for decades ourself. Stopping the game for it is a bit OTT for my money.

Bayo on 09:27 - Jan 30 with 5280 viewsMrSwerve

Bayo on 06:09 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Apparently the chant was “MK Dons we’re on a bender, “insert players name” is a sex offender”.

A chant aimed at several opposition players and managers at random this season and sang up and down the country in one of those stock copy all chants.

Stupid and pathetic chant, but nothing that we haven’t been doing for decades ourself. Stopping the game for it is a bit OTT for my money.

What a strange thing for grown men and women to randomly shout out.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 9:28]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Bayo on 09:43 - Jan 30 with 5254 views1983

If I remember when Bony came to us he got the chant YJB mixed up with something else I was also told by a Sunderland fan when we played them it does sound like that.

Login to get fewer ads

Bayo on 09:47 - Jan 30 with 5250 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bayo on 09:27 - Jan 30 by MrSwerve

Those sorts of chants have been around ever since I started going in the mid to early 90’s and were still around the last time I was back a couple of seasons ago. It’s nothing new, I’m extremely surprised by the reaction to it.

If games were stopped for those chants surely every single one of our games for the last 30 years should have been too. Cardiff even turned hymns and arias into a a song of similar nature with us as the subject.

Bayo on 10:00 - Jan 30 with 5229 viewsraynor94

Bayo on 09:27 - Jan 30 by MrSwerve

Nothing new at all, our fans have been guilty of horrendous chants for years

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Bayo on 12:19 - Jan 30 with 5159 viewsReslovenSwan1

Bayo on 09:47 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Those sorts of chants have been around ever since I started going in the mid to early 90’s and were still around the last time I was back a couple of seasons ago. It’s nothing new, I’m extremely surprised by the reaction to it.

If games were stopped for those chants surely every single one of our games for the last 30 years should have been too. Cardiff even turned hymns and arias into a a song of similar nature with us as the subject.

The world is changing and abuse is less likely to be tolerated. The English football team and their pundit / journalist supporters are strongly opposed to racism to black players quite rightly even suggesting direct action like walking off the pitch unilaterally. Darren Lewis for example. The chants are seen as 'totally unacceptable' and worthy of stopping the game or even cancelling it.

It was tolerated back in the day and still is in the darts where one Welsh player has had to put up with similar abuse to Akinfenwa. Gerwyn has cahones which is more than can be said of a few giggling Welshmen on this platform.

So why stop there? Homophobic taunts, misogynistic taunts, bestial slur racism and paedophile slurs . All need attention in my view. Self policing is best. Fans should identify perpetrators themselves.

To avoid players taking direct action games could be suspended and completed without fans if worst comes to worst where large numbers of fans sing slanderous or racist songs. For example a match suspended after 60 mins are resumed without fans later for the final 35 minutes.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Bayo on 12:28 - Jan 30 with 5139 viewsDr_Parnassus

Bayo on 12:19 - Jan 30 by ReslovenSwan1

The world is changing and abuse is less likely to be tolerated. The English football team and their pundit / journalist supporters are strongly opposed to racism to black players quite rightly even suggesting direct action like walking off the pitch unilaterally. Darren Lewis for example. The chants are seen as 'totally unacceptable' and worthy of stopping the game or even cancelling it.

It was tolerated back in the day and still is in the darts where one Welsh player has had to put up with similar abuse to Akinfenwa. Gerwyn has cahones which is more than can be said of a few giggling Welshmen on this platform.

So why stop there? Homophobic taunts, misogynistic taunts, bestial slur racism and paedophile slurs . All need attention in my view. Self policing is best. Fans should identify perpetrators themselves.

To avoid players taking direct action games could be suspended and completed without fans if worst comes to worst where large numbers of fans sing slanderous or racist songs. For example a match suspended after 60 mins are resumed without fans later for the final 35 minutes.

I would question why now? Why this incident? Why this game?

All well and good if people want a blanket ban on this type of abuse, but why stop this particular game? It seems some players are protected far more than others.

Mitrovic among other apparently had the same chant directed at him and nobody stopped the game. It seems if people can pretend he was the victim because he is black then they will make an example of it to further this narrative.

Decision needs to be made, is it acceptable or isn’t it. If it isn’t then everyone should be protected from such chants, currently it’s an extremely inequitable environment for protection from an organisation that seems to put equality as a priority.

Bayo on 13:16 - Jan 30 with 5091 viewsGwyn737

Bayo on 12:28 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

All well and good if people want a blanket ban on this type of abuse, but why stop this particular game? It seems some players are protected far more than others.

Mitrovic among other apparently had the same chant directed at him and nobody stopped the game. It seems if people can pretend he was the victim because he is black then they will make an example of it to further this narrative.

Decision needs to be made, is it acceptable or isn’t it. If it isn’t then everyone should be protected from such chants, currently it’s an extremely inequitable environment for protection from an organisation that seems to put equality as a priority.

I think because Bayo challenges it.

Bayo on 13:20 - Jan 30 with 5084 viewsguthrieintherain

Bayo on 12:28 - Jan 30 by Dr_Parnassus

Akinfenwa challenged MK supporters and a couple then confronted him.
That's why the game was delayed.

Would not have been stopped otherwise.

Vile chant though but I heard the same one in the East when we played Cardiff.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2022 13:23]

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Bayo on 15:03 - Jan 30 with 5026 viewsBadlands

Bayo on 09:43 - Jan 30 by 1983

If I remember when Bony came to us he got the chant YJB mixed up with something else I was also told by a Sunderland fan when we played them it does sound like that.

Could be but I defiantly remember Leon Knight on his debut against MK Dons.
He salude the East with YJB and the player froze. Tate had to put an arm around him to explain.Knight seemed happy with the accolade which in those days was reserved for outstanding performances.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Bayo on 17:13 - Jan 30 with 4963 views1983

Bayo on 15:03 - Jan 30 by Badlands

Could be but I defiantly remember Leon Knight on his debut against MK Dons.
He salude the East with YJB and the player froze. Tate had to put an arm around him to explain.Knight seemed happy with the accolade which in those days was reserved for outstanding performances.

Your right I think it was Leon Knight

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024