Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Buffalo Shootings 09:42 - May 17 with 6662 viewsProfessor

Surprised there is no post.

Or is is simply too embarrassing for the usual commentators that racist, white terrorism is a problem in the US and indeed the UK?
Buffalo Shootings on 01:33 - May 18 with 1184 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 01:29 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I’m getting pretty sick of it as well.

Can’t say I’ve seen any right wing comments on here in all my time on here Keith.

Kerouac maybe, but apart from that everyone accused of being on “the right” just seems to be those that aren’t part of the reactionary left.

Political discussion on here is usually nicely balanced.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Buffalo Shootings on 01:41 - May 18 with 1177 viewsDr_Parnassus

This thread not an example of balance however with the OP linking one mentally unwell teenagers actions to a nation of 300 million people and their collective views.

Ironically if he was making the point that Islam hates the west and pointing to a single terror attack (Manchester for example), he may well be banned for being a right winger…. Funny how when the sides are switched it becomes more acceptable to make these sweeping generalisations.

The OP was out of order in his comments. I’m sure he knows that too.

Buffalo Shootings on 07:31 - May 18 with 1114 viewsGwyn737

Buffalo Shootings on 01:41 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

This thread not an example of balance however with the OP linking one mentally unwell teenagers actions to a nation of 300 million people and their collective views.

Ironically if he was making the point that Islam hates the west and pointing to a single terror attack (Manchester for example), he may well be banned for being a right winger…. Funny how when the sides are switched it becomes more acceptable to make these sweeping generalisations.

The OP was out of order in his comments. I’m sure he knows that too.

I don’t see it like that.

Whoever carries out these atrocities it’s right to look at the possibility of radicalisation no matter where it comes from.

In addition, an argument that anyone who does this kind of thing is mentally unfit.
Buffalo Shootings on 08:47 - May 18 with 1096 views1983

The scary thing about this is anyone of a certain age you mention Hungerford and 99.9% of them will connect it to the killings back in the 1980's and will do for the rest of their lives now fast forward 40 yrs I mentioned the buffalo killings to my wife and mates in work and they had not heard anything about it or seemed vaguely interested this is how much we have come accustomed to things like this....God help future generations
[Post edited 18 May 2022 8:48]

Buffalo Shootings on 08:59 - May 18 with 1078 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 07:31 - May 18 by Gwyn737

I don’t see it like that.

Whoever carries out these atrocities it’s right to look at the possibility of radicalisation no matter where it comes from.

In addition, an argument that anyone who does this kind of thing is mentally unfit.

Did you look at radicalization in Waukesha then? I don't remember you commenting on the thread that was there for a long time.

What did you find when you looked into Waukesha out of interest?

Ignoring this teenagers documented mental health issues to push a (demonstrably false) narrative that USA is a racist country just doesn't sit right with me.

Again, I am sure you would be (rightly) up in arms if someone suggested Muslims were racist against white people and the West after a Muslim terror event... and that would have been organized and planned from a terror cell, not a lone wolf with documented mental health issues.

That's the difference.

Buffalo Shootings on 09:21 - May 18 with 1067 viewsLorax

Buffalo Shootings on 01:29 - May 18 by KeithHaynes

I’m getting pretty sick of it as well.

I got sick of it, Keith, which is why my ignored list grew. Some of them are persona non grata now though and my list is a bit shorter since my mysterious problem and change from Cat to Lorax.

Extremism, whether it be right or left isn't good. I like the Prof, a very good poster who provided much needed honest facts during Covid (when all the nonsense being spouted was literally insane) but during that, when I asked him why he bothered the reply was pretty much that these idiots needed challenging, their lies needed outing and putting right. Well to me it should be the same for whatever nonsense is posted, if it's wrong it needs correcting, if it's extremism it needs calling out...and then, if it doesn't stop, the Moderators can deal with it.
Take the Russian invasion thread, I post on it still but I ignored 2 of the posters because their views (in my opinion, one honest and one just being a WUM) are not acceptable and they just spread Russian propaganda. They've not said anything worthy of a ban yet.

Of course I have to bear n mind that I nearly walked myself because one poster in particular had just put me right off but in the end the ignore button won! That's what prof should do because, if he doesn't carry on using this site it will be a sad loss.
Buffalo Shootings on 09:29 - May 18 with 1055 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 09:21 - May 18 by Lorax

I got sick of it, Keith, which is why my ignored list grew. Some of them are persona non grata now though and my list is a bit shorter since my mysterious problem and change from Cat to Lorax.

Extremism, whether it be right or left isn't good. I like the Prof, a very good poster who provided much needed honest facts during Covid (when all the nonsense being spouted was literally insane) but during that, when I asked him why he bothered the reply was pretty much that these idiots needed challenging, their lies needed outing and putting right. Well to me it should be the same for whatever nonsense is posted, if it's wrong it needs correcting, if it's extremism it needs calling out...and then, if it doesn't stop, the Moderators can deal with it.
Take the Russian invasion thread, I post on it still but I ignored 2 of the posters because their views (in my opinion, one honest and one just being a WUM) are not acceptable and they just spread Russian propaganda. They've not said anything worthy of a ban yet.

Of course I have to bear n mind that I nearly walked myself because one poster in particular had just put me right off but in the end the ignore button won! That's what prof should do because, if he doesn't carry on using this site it will be a sad loss.

Is anyone able to point out any extremism that has ever been posted on here then?

Not having a warped leftist view of the world doesn't mean you are an extremist

Buffalo Shootings on 09:37 - May 18 with 1056 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Buffalo Shootings on 09:21 - May 18 by Lorax

Tend to agree, I have a couple of posters on ignore, they tend to be very predictable, and I am happy to see different views, debates and discussions. On this issue if you look at the analyses of the 40000 USA gun deaths each year then this is not a simple white supremacist effect, there are complex societal issues including race at play.
The current tendency to dismiss whole groups of people, by their ethnicity or political views, on the basis of the action of an individual are badly informed at best.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 9:39]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Login to get fewer ads

Buffalo Shootings on 09:47 - May 18 with 1046 viewsLorax

Buffalo Shootings on 09:37 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Tend to agree, I have a couple of posters on ignore, they tend to be very predictable, and I am happy to see different views, debates and discussions. On this issue if you look at the analyses of the 40000 USA gun deaths each year then this is not a simple white supremacist effect, there are complex societal issues including race at play.
The current tendency to dismiss whole groups of people, by their ethnicity or political views, on the basis of the action of an individual are badly informed at best.

Every day is a learning day though as you rightly say, some posters are very predictable.

This sg=hooting in Buffalo, was there racist intent, obviously yes but there is also the mental health aspect.

Is the USA a racist country, I can't label them all racist but they definitely have a bigger problem than we have in the UK. In part because of their gun culture, in my opinion. It's much easier to call out a racist if the worst that will happen is a smack in the chops but when the idiot could be carrying a concealed firearm or could have an assault rifle in his boot?
I have experienced racism from a black person, racists are everywhere, it's not just a white thing.
On an internet forum, some people will always be just best ignored. I'm sure someone will have me on ignore!
Buffalo Shootings on 09:49 - May 18 with 1043 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 09:37 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

I would love to see how many deaths are at the hands of 'white supremacism' every year.

The way people are using this tragedy to further their own political agenda is abhorrent. Not a single mention of the subway shooting in Brooklyn.

Why? Because no narrative could be drawn from it. It wasn't useful.

The fact is however it was further evidence of the mental health crisis over there. I would bet any money in the world that death at the hands of mental illness outstrips any threat from white supremacy 1000's of times over.

This is an article from March this year.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/homelessness/2022/03/03/losing-hope-on-the-

Buffalo Shootings on 09:53 - May 18 with 1039 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 09:47 - May 18 by Lorax

Every day is a learning day though as you rightly say, some posters are very predictable.

This sg=hooting in Buffalo, was there racist intent, obviously yes but there is also the mental health aspect.

Is the USA a racist country, I can't label them all racist but they definitely have a bigger problem than we have in the UK. In part because of their gun culture, in my opinion. It's much easier to call out a racist if the worst that will happen is a smack in the chops but when the idiot could be carrying a concealed firearm or could have an assault rifle in his boot?
I have experienced racism from a black person, racists are everywhere, it's not just a white thing.
On an internet forum, some people will always be just best ignored. I'm sure someone will have me on ignore!

Excellent post.

Although to add - the population of the UK is 67 million. The population of the US is 327 million.

Any small issues in society are always going to be magnified in a larger population.

If you were to draw a list of things that are currently affecting society, active racism would be down the bottom of the list. Most people will go through their life never coming in contact with it at all.

It's simply a political buzz topic, which is why the leftists run a mile the second anyone invites a debate on it. I asked where the systemic oppression in the Unites Stated is - about 2 years ago, I still have never got an answer to that.

There is a reason for that.

The obvious answer of course is that there isn't any.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 10:19]

Buffalo Shootings on 10:28 - May 18 with 1024 viewsWingstandwood

Buffalo Shootings on 09:47 - May 18 by Lorax

Quote: "Is the USA a racist country, I can't label them all racist but they definitely have a bigger problem than we have in the UK. In part because of their gun culture, in my opinion."........... Bang on!

IMO the U.K has very draconian laws regarding hate speech and organised groups that would present a threat of violence! In fact U.K police/U.K laws would never allow the existence of right-wing militia's/organisations the type of which Louis Theroux goes abroad to visit to make his TV programmes.
https://www.statewatch.org/statewatch-database/uk-c18-arrests-continue/ That was 1997 there was legislation/laws in place even that far back in time!....Like I have mentioned on many occasions i.e. its NOT like the 1970's anymore!

Oh and its not only the police its counter terrorism like MI5 with its RWT (right wing terrorism) operatives!

It's utter cr@p and a disgrace that there are people (call themselves anti racists.... what irony!) out there who are so desperate for racism to continue/exist that? They over-hype its threat, LIE, smear, falsely accuse and at times go into full-on make-believe mode.

Those witchfinder generals with their warped thinking, twisted minds, sh1te mind reading skills, hate and invisible trip-wire's hey!
[Post edited 18 May 2022 11:10]

Argus!

Buffalo Shootings on 13:56 - May 18 with 951 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Buffalo Shootings on 09:49 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I would love to see how many deaths are at the hands of 'white supremacism' every year.

The way people are using this tragedy to further their own political agenda is abhorrent. Not a single mention of the subway shooting in Brooklyn.

Why? Because no narrative could be drawn from it. It wasn't useful.

The fact is however it was further evidence of the mental health crisis over there. I would bet any money in the world that death at the hands of mental illness outstrips any threat from white supremacy 1000's of times over.

This is an article from March this year.

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/homelessness/2022/03/03/losing-hope-on-the-

Your wish

https://mass-shootings.info/

Buffalo Shootings on 14:17 - May 18 with 929 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 13:56 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

Your wish

https://mass-shootings.info/

I don’t think that’s compatible with my phone.

Does it give a number out of interest? I’m betting it’s extremely low.

Buffalo Shootings on 15:31 - May 18 with 899 viewsGwyn737

Buffalo Shootings on 08:59 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Did you look at radicalization in Waukesha then? I don't remember you commenting on the thread that was there for a long time.

What did you find when you looked into Waukesha out of interest?

Ignoring this teenagers documented mental health issues to push a (demonstrably false) narrative that USA is a racist country just doesn't sit right with me.

Again, I am sure you would be (rightly) up in arms if someone suggested Muslims were racist against white people and the West after a Muslim terror event... and that would have been organized and planned from a terror cell, not a lone wolf with documented mental health issues.

That's the difference.

My post wasn’t centred on white on black racism.

It was a comment on whatever the motives we’re right to look at the circumstances.
Buffalo Shootings on 15:33 - May 18 with 899 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Buffalo Shootings on 14:17 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I don’t think that’s compatible with my phone.

Does it give a number out of interest? I’m betting it’s extremely low.

If you go to the database and click each photo it gives you their name, the date & location and how many they killed &/or injured.
Each one has killed or injured 4 or more people

As you can see not many of them are "white" to be "White Supremacists".
Perhaps the professor would like to to count each ethnic group and get back to us?
Buffalo Shootings on 15:40 - May 18 with 881 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 15:31 - May 18 by Gwyn737

My post wasn’t centred on white on black racism.

It was a comment on whatever the motives we’re right to look at the circumstances.

I know, that’s why I asked what your findings were from Waukesha, or from Brooklyn.

Do you think they were stemmed from extremism?

It does appear that the only times certain people pop up to offer their opinion is when they can make a political point on it, no matter how flawed it is statistically.

Prof ran away before he had to answer of course, because he knew I’d cut through his narrative like butter. It rarely, if ever, stacks up to even the lightest of scrutiny.

Instances like this driven by white supremacy would be the most extreme of rare occurrences. To suggest it’s a “massive problem” is just fear mongering - especially when a large part of this instance is clearly down to the mental health of the perpetrator.

This isn’t an assumption either, it’s documented. How many teenagers do you know who have been admitted for mental evaluations prior to their 18th birthday? I’d hazard a guess that the number would be zero - this is not a normal guy.

So to attribute it to ‘the threat now posed by wider society’ is embarrassingly way off the mark. Intentionally so of course.

Buffalo Shootings on 15:50 - May 18 with 878 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 15:33 - May 18 by A_Fans_Dad

If you go to the database and click each photo it gives you their name, the date & location and how many they killed &/or injured.
Each one has killed or injured 4 or more people

As you can see not many of them are "white" to be "White Supremacists".
Perhaps the professor would like to to count each ethnic group and get back to us?

I’ve got my answer anyway.

19,400 homicides last year in the US.

From what I can see there was 13 murders linked to white supremacy and 6 to left wing extremism.

To put that into context - about the same amount that died after being struck by lightning last year (11) - which was actually a record low. Usually the average number of death by lightning is 36.

So in a normal year, you are around 3 times more likely to be killed by lightning than any form of ‘white supremacy’, regardless of your race.

This narrative pushed by these people is ludicrous, it’s done to scare and push their ever maddening political views.
[Post edited 18 May 2022 15:58]

Buffalo Shootings on 15:57 - May 18 with 872 viewsGwyn737

Buffalo Shootings on 15:40 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I know, that’s why I asked what your findings were from Waukesha, or from Brooklyn.

Do you think they were stemmed from extremism?

It does appear that the only times certain people pop up to offer their opinion is when they can make a political point on it, no matter how flawed it is statistically.

Prof ran away before he had to answer of course, because he knew I’d cut through his narrative like butter. It rarely, if ever, stacks up to even the lightest of scrutiny.

Instances like this driven by white supremacy would be the most extreme of rare occurrences. To suggest it’s a “massive problem” is just fear mongering - especially when a large part of this instance is clearly down to the mental health of the perpetrator.

This isn’t an assumption either, it’s documented. How many teenagers do you know who have been admitted for mental evaluations prior to their 18th birthday? I’d hazard a guess that the number would be zero - this is not a normal guy.

So to attribute it to ‘the threat now posed by wider society’ is embarrassingly way off the mark. Intentionally so of course.

My opinion as stated early is that there’s likely to be mental instability for anyone carrying out these atrocities no matter in what name and that there should be accountability for those pushing agendas that can be used as excuses.

I don’t think that’s particularly controversial 🤷🏻
Buffalo Shootings on 16:04 - May 18 with 868 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 15:57 - May 18 by Gwyn737

My opinion as stated early is that there’s likely to be mental instability for anyone carrying out these atrocities no matter in what name and that there should be accountability for those pushing agendas that can be used as excuses.

I don’t think that’s particularly controversial 🤷🏻

I didn’t say it was controversial. I was interested in your findings from other similar crimes.

It seems there is the same people that pop up whenever a left wing slant can be promoted through tragedy regardless of circumstance.

Not all of these things will be down to mental illness. Perfectly sane people murder.

The point regarding this instance is that the mental health issues are already documented. So ignoring them (not saying you have) and trying to portray it as a window to massive race issues in the country is just nonsense.

As I said above, you are usually three times as likely to be killed by lightning than by a white supremacist regardless of your race. Would prefer it to be none of course, but let’s not pretend people should be frightened coming out of their homes with racist Americans baying for blood around every corner.

It’s fantasy.

Buffalo Shootings on 16:38 - May 18 with 845 viewsonehunglow

Buffalo Shootings on 16:04 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

I didn’t say it was controversial. I was interested in your findings from other similar crimes.

It seems there is the same people that pop up whenever a left wing slant can be promoted through tragedy regardless of circumstance.

Not all of these things will be down to mental illness. Perfectly sane people murder.

The point regarding this instance is that the mental health issues are already documented. So ignoring them (not saying you have) and trying to portray it as a window to massive race issues in the country is just nonsense.

As I said above, you are usually three times as likely to be killed by lightning than by a white supremacist regardless of your race. Would prefer it to be none of course, but let’s not pretend people should be frightened coming out of their homes with racist Americans baying for blood around every corner.

It’s fantasy.

Extreme right is no worse than extreme left.

What we should avoid is the extreme .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Buffalo Shootings on 16:57 - May 18 with 841 viewsDr_Parnassus

Buffalo Shootings on 16:38 - May 18 by onehunglow

Extreme right is no worse than extreme left.

What we should avoid is the extreme .

Absolutely, it’s just the shifting morality I can’t stand.

A bloke enters a Brooklyn subway donned in tactical gear, with smoke bombs a guns. Discharged 33 rounds from his glok pistol striking 10 people and injuring a further 13.

This was like two weeks ago.

He was clearly extremely racist and bigoted against white people.

On his social media he said:

- “O black Jesus, please kill all the whiteys”

- “The white motherf—kers that I want to kill, you know, I really want to kill them because they’re white”

- “White people and black people as we call ourselves should not have any contact with each other,”

- “Blacks and whites so-called should not even be in the same hemisphere.”

Was there a thread from the likes of Professor claiming how in danger people are from this anti white terrorism and how the leftist media are demonising and radicalising people?

No. Of course not.

Same with Waukesha where a racist black man ran over 40 people killing half a dozen at a Xmas parade and made similar remarks on his social media regarding white people.

Did the Professor and others of similar mindset create a thread proclaiming how in danger people are from anti white terrorism?

No. Of course not.

There are extremists on all sides, extremists in every race and religion. But thankfully it’s not common despite what they try and claim and it’s not one sided as they also try to claim.

America has a crime problem, no question about that. It has a mental health crisis, again no question about that.

But a massive race problem? Not buying it. It would be among the last things on the list when it came to issues, it’s one of the most diverse countries on the planet.

Buffalo Shootings on 17:04 - May 18 with 835 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

It’s absolutely mental that these crazy people can get these weapons so easily. I understand the second amendment is sacrosanct over there as mad as it is but surely something can be done to prevent the weapons falling into the hands of people who are obviously unhinged?
Buffalo Shootings on 17:06 - May 18 with 825 viewsonehunglow

Buffalo Shootings on 16:57 - May 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely, it’s just the shifting morality I can’t stand.

A bloke enters a Brooklyn subway donned in tactical gear, with smoke bombs a guns. Discharged 33 rounds from his glok pistol striking 10 people and injuring a further 13.

This was like two weeks ago.

He was clearly extremely racist and bigoted against white people.

On his social media he said:

- “O black Jesus, please kill all the whiteys”

- “The white motherf—kers that I want to kill, you know, I really want to kill them because they’re white”

- “White people and black people as we call ourselves should not have any contact with each other,”

- “Blacks and whites so-called should not even be in the same hemisphere.”

Was there a thread from the likes of Professor claiming how in danger people are from this anti white terrorism and how the leftist media are demonising and radicalising people?

No. Of course not.

Same with Waukesha where a racist black man ran over 40 people killing half a dozen at a Xmas parade and made similar remarks on his social media regarding white people.

Did the Professor and others of similar mindset create a thread proclaiming how in danger people are from anti white terrorism?

No. Of course not.

There are extremists on all sides, extremists in every race and religion. But thankfully it’s not common despite what they try and claim and it’s not one sided as they also try to claim.

America has a crime problem, no question about that. It has a mental health crisis, again no question about that.

But a massive race problem? Not buying it. It would be among the last things on the list when it came to issues, it’s one of the most diverse countries on the planet.

This might upset but it has to be said, many middle class white people in highly paid jobs often opine about the travails of black people and what issues they face. At the same time,these people will be sending their offspring to private schools and living as far away from a Black area as possible .
Here,on Wirral,we have very few people of colour,like Swansea but those we have tend to be hard working professionals invariable doctors and surgeons . Gawd bless them.

It s hard for anyway in this part of the world to acknowledge how many inner city white kids feel,especially those who lack academic ability or are from troubled dysfunctional families

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Buffalo Shootings on 17:21 - May 18 with 812 viewsWingstandwood

Buffalo Shootings on 17:06 - May 18 by onehunglow

This might upset but it has to be said, many middle class white people in highly paid jobs often opine about the travails of black people and what issues they face. At the same time,these people will be sending their offspring to private schools and living as far away from a Black area as possible .
Here,on Wirral,we have very few people of colour,like Swansea but those we have tend to be hard working professionals invariable doctors and surgeons . Gawd bless them.

It s hard for anyway in this part of the world to acknowledge how many inner city white kids feel,especially those who lack academic ability or are from troubled dysfunctional families

Funding is provided by Swansea Bay Health Charity’s Africa Health Links Fund and the Welsh Government’s Wales and Africa grants scheme. Welsh white middle class NHS staff find themselves in places like The Gambia and Liberia.

They are so different to other Welsh white middle class whom waste their own time with phony displays of outrage, race hustling and race baiting in circumstances where the reason for their outrage is often been made up.

The black author of WOKE Racism has noticed the zero end product of the very type of people you mention along with the division they cause and the way they treat blacks like babies. "Babies" was his descriptive not mine!

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024