Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glastonbury 12:26 - Jun 14 with 2525 viewsbritferry

Sir Lenny says there aren't enough coloured people in the audience now💩

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10914419/Lenny-Henry-says-surprised-lac

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Glastonbury on 14:29 - Jun 14 with 1806 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Perhaps he’s right? I don’t know as I have never been.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Glastonbury on 15:20 - Jun 14 with 1784 viewsScotia

I've been many times and there certainly used to be lot's black people there, usually from Bristol. I haven't been for a while, but if they aren't there now it must be because they don't want to go, the tickets are open to all. The performers are predominantly white I suppose, and they may not appeal to black people, but the line up is proabably more diverse than any other festival on the whole.

I used to camp infront of a Jamaican jerk chicken stall, delicious.
Glastonbury on 15:34 - Jun 14 with 1772 viewspencoedjack

Glastonbury on 15:20 - Jun 14 by Scotia

I've been many times and there certainly used to be lot's black people there, usually from Bristol. I haven't been for a while, but if they aren't there now it must be because they don't want to go, the tickets are open to all. The performers are predominantly white I suppose, and they may not appeal to black people, but the line up is proabably more diverse than any other festival on the whole.

I used to camp infront of a Jamaican jerk chicken stall, delicious.

Around 13% of the population of the UK are black or Asian, not sure what % are at Glastonbury but I am sure the % is far higher than that on TV adverts & presenters on TV shows/news broadcasts.

I don't often hear Caucasian people moaning (or at least not on TV or in the press).
Glastonbury on 15:54 - Jun 14 with 1761 views1983

Bless him keep banging that drum Lenny

Glastonbury on 16:18 - Jun 14 with 1723 viewsDr_Parnassus

Aren't people tired of this yet?

Viewing everything through the scope of race, and anything that deviates from unrealistic expectations is assumed or inferred to be nefarious or the result of some deep rooted racism.

Last time I checked, there are no race requirements on Ticketmaster.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Glastonbury on 17:18 - Jun 14 with 1695 viewsonehunglow

Glastonbury on 16:18 - Jun 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Aren't people tired of this yet?

Viewing everything through the scope of race, and anything that deviates from unrealistic expectations is assumed or inferred to be nefarious or the result of some deep rooted racism.

Last time I checked, there are no race requirements on Ticketmaster.

Not yet,Doc.
It is truly pitiful and it’s hard not to feel contempt for Sir Lenny

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Glastonbury on 18:57 - Jun 14 with 1650 viewsFlashberryjack

I agree with Lenny, Glastonbury needs a more diverse audience, just how they go about this I'm not sure.

Maybe sell tickets at half price for black/ethnic people, or even give them away free, it would certainly make tickets harder to get hold of though, no easy solution.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Glastonbury on 19:01 - Jun 14 with 1649 views1983

There won't be any people once this RMT strike kicks in black or white

Login to get fewer ads

Glastonbury on 19:12 - Jun 14 with 1631 viewsDr_Parnassus

Glastonbury on 18:57 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

I agree with Lenny, Glastonbury needs a more diverse audience, just how they go about this I'm not sure.

Maybe sell tickets at half price for black/ethnic people, or even give them away free, it would certainly make tickets harder to get hold of though, no easy solution.

Why does it need a certain type of audience? Can't everyone just buy them if they want to go?

I don't understand this obsession with trying to make everything and everyone conform to the population split.

Free choice means you won't get predictable outcomes. That's a positive, not a negative.

Should men get discounted/free tickets to Beyonce gigs? Should white people get discounted/free tickets to go to rap gigs such as Lil Wayne etc?

Where does it end?

Glastonbury on 21:02 - Jun 14 with 1577 viewspencoedjack

Glastonbury on 18:57 - Jun 14 by Flashberryjack

As you are such a good poster hopefully that is a sarcastic post.
Glastonbury on 21:13 - Jun 14 with 1547 viewsonehunglow

Don’t see that many white people at rap gigs really.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Glastonbury on 22:42 - Jun 14 with 1523 viewsKeithHaynes

Glastonbury on 21:13 - Jun 14 by onehunglow

Don’t see that many white people at rap gigs really.

Having just completed a series of dates I can genuinely say our audience was around 30/70 in favour of white people. Comments like this can be taken out of context. Without actual proof.

Has this years Glastonbury actually happened yet ?

Sorry I’ve been busy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Glastonbury on 00:19 - Jun 15 with 1499 viewsbritferry

can't wait for an equally not funny white comedian to make similar remarks when the next MOBO awards are on

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Glastonbury on 00:22 - Jun 15 with 1497 viewsTreforys_Jack

Glastonbury on 21:02 - Jun 14 by pencoedjack

As you are such a good poster hopefully that is a sarcastic post.

I read it as a sarcastic post.
Glastonbury on 06:48 - Jun 15 with 1462 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Glastonbury on 19:12 - Jun 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Why does it need a certain type of audience? Can't everyone just buy them if they want to go?

I don't understand this obsession with trying to make everything and everyone conform to the population split.

Free choice means you won't get predictable outcomes. That's a positive, not a negative.

Should men get discounted/free tickets to Beyonce gigs? Should white people get discounted/free tickets to go to rap gigs such as Lil Wayne etc?

Where does it end?

I hear there are not enough white people attending the Notting Hill carnival.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Glastonbury on 06:59 - Jun 15 with 1457 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Glastonbury on 06:48 - Jun 15 by felixstowe_jack

I hear there are not enough white people attending the Notting Hill carnival.

I’ve seen the film. There’s only one black guy in it.
Glastonbury on 07:52 - Jun 15 with 1435 viewsnantywatcher

Played in a football tournament last weekend in Llanelli. 75/80 players - how many black players?....
..... 0!!
Glastonbury on 12:59 - Jun 15 with 1379 viewsDr_Parnassus

Glastonbury on 07:52 - Jun 15 by nantywatcher

Played in a football tournament last weekend in Llanelli. 75/80 players - how many black players?....
..... 0!!

How many posters did you see saying “no black players allowed”?

Or do you reckon it’s more to do with the racial demographics of Llanelli?

How many French players were there?

Glastonbury on 13:27 - Jun 15 with 1354 viewsDr_Parnassus

Llanelli

Population: 26,201
Females: 50.9%
Males: 49.1%
Black population: 25

So out of 26,201 people, there are 25 black people.

Assuming it was a men’s tournament and accounting for the split in males and females, that reduces the pool of potential black players from 25 to 12 and the overall pool of players from 26,201 to 12,858 on gender alone.

I also assume there is a reasonable age restriction? Ages 15-50 or something like that? That reduces the pool of players to around 7000 and our black pool to 7. So this ratio has boiled down to 1000-1.

So for every 1000 non black players there should be 1 black player.

So the fact there wasn’t one in 80, is an expected outcome. You would need a tournament 12 or 13 times the size before we could reasonably expect to see a black player.

It is this sort of thing that people are completely oblivious to when they make their judgements.

Glastonbury on 13:38 - Jun 15 with 1349 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

I thought Glastonbury was a ballot?
[Post edited 15 Jun 2022 13:38]

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Glastonbury on 13:58 - Jun 15 with 1329 viewsnantywatcher

Glastonbury on 13:27 - Jun 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Llanelli

Females: 50.9%
Males: 49.1%

So out of 26,201 people, there are 25 black people.

Assuming it was a men’s tournament and accounting for the split in males and females, that reduces the pool of potential black players from 25 to 12 and the overall pool of players from 26,201 to 12,858 on gender alone.

I also assume there is a reasonable age restriction? Ages 15-50 or something like that? That reduces the pool of players to around 7000 and our black pool to 7. So this ratio has boiled down to 1000-1.

So for every 1000 non black players there should be 1 black player.

So the fact there wasn’t one in 80, is an expected outcome. You would need a tournament 12 or 13 times the size before we could reasonably expect to see a black player.

It is this sort of thing that people are completely oblivious to when they make their judgements.

Very much down to geography Dr P. If the tournament was held 60/70 miles to the east I would have expected at least a dozen players of colour. When I first moved to the area - 12 years ago and started going to the Liberty it really hit me hard at the lack of non-whites amongst the support ( that has noticeably changed over the years.) I think Sir Henry's observation comes from the fact that we are getting so used to vibrant colour mix when we gather in groups and crowds that a string colour bias one way or the other catches our attention
Glastonbury on 14:04 - Jun 15 with 1320 viewsDr_Parnassus

Glastonbury on 13:58 - Jun 15 by nantywatcher

Very much down to geography Dr P. If the tournament was held 60/70 miles to the east I would have expected at least a dozen players of colour. When I first moved to the area - 12 years ago and started going to the Liberty it really hit me hard at the lack of non-whites amongst the support ( that has noticeably changed over the years.) I think Sir Henry's observation comes from the fact that we are getting so used to vibrant colour mix when we gather in groups and crowds that a string colour bias one way or the other catches our attention

Absolutely, as you say if that tournament had been in Cardiff there is a 9% non white population and you would see far more at these types of things.

It’s exactly the same argument as the black football managers discussion. Once you look at the qualified pool of realistic managers, they are represented to the same % in employment.

People create racial problems in their heads when what they are seeing is easily explainable. All it takes is a Lenny Henry or a Sol Campbell to spout some uneducated and non-researched nonsense about race being the cause and people just nod and agree.

Suddenly in people’s minds, racism exists in places where it actually doesn’t.

Glastonbury on 14:35 - Jun 15 with 1313 viewsdizietsma

Llanelli

Why would anyone need to do maths to arrive at 1 in 1000?
Glastonbury on 14:56 - Jun 15 with 1299 viewscontroversial_jack

Glastonbury on 15:34 - Jun 14 by pencoedjack

Around 13% of the population of the UK are black or Asian, not sure what % are at Glastonbury but I am sure the % is far higher than that on TV adverts & presenters on TV shows/news broadcasts.

I don't often hear Caucasian people moaning (or at least not on TV or in the press).

Blacks make up just 3% of the Uk population, so yes, they are well over represented on TV
Glastonbury on 14:59 - Jun 15 with 1296 viewspencoedjack

Glastonbury on 14:56 - Jun 15 by controversial_jack

Blacks make up just 3% of the Uk population, so yes, they are well over represented on TV

I know that's why I commented on it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024