Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respecting others opinions 17:04 - Jun 23 with 10236 viewsonehunglow

Do we .?

Really.

Any evidence to support as plenty to contradict only today

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Respecting others opinions on 13:42 - Jun 26 with 1100 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 13:31 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

You are just jumping about from one point to the other. So if you are a football fan and are English then you are racist, if you are a football hooligan and English then you are doubly racist. Is that about right?

And no religion and race isn’t the same thing, you are again confusing yourself. I could turn Muslim tomorrow, I couldn’t change my race though.

https://www.theweek.co.uk/101607/the-rise-and-fall-of-english-football-hooligani

There we are mentions 'the English disease' phrase, mentions racism and National Front, mentions hooliganism, mentions firms mainly white, it's a little history lesson on the subject for you.

You clearly don't understand the topic otherwise you would understand there is often a link between English hooliganism and English football racist behaviour.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Respecting others opinions on 13:45 - Jun 26 with 1066 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 13:42 - Jun 26 by trampie

https://www.theweek.co.uk/101607/the-rise-and-fall-of-english-football-hooligani

There we are mentions 'the English disease' phrase, mentions racism and National Front, mentions hooliganism, mentions firms mainly white, it's a little history lesson on the subject for you.

You clearly don't understand the topic otherwise you would understand there is often a link between English hooliganism and English football racist behaviour.

I still don’t know what point you are making?

If I mention “the Trampie disease” does that mean you are racist? Or would you like me to provide you some proof other than me using that term?

Why have you ignored the point that religion is not a race? And English fans aren’t automatically hooligans, and hooligans aren’t automatically racist?

You are talking nonsense again.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Respecting others opinions on 13:57 - Jun 26 with 1065 views3swan

Respecting others opinions on 21:19 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

Anyone who insults my wife,my son,daighter,grandkids is going to get a s storm the like of which they could never imagine. Confronting Keith would be a mistake but with me I can guarantee it will be worse and will linger until apologies are forthcoming.

I have raised a good family.All are English.All support England.Frankly,none of them would come with me to support the Swans or Wales such is our fan base. My son has s heard it all when he did come with me but after Uni he said no mas. It is not pleasant -the English jibes-it is not banter.

Frankly,I won't ever be setting foot in our ground ever again.Away is a relief as I can sit alone away from the overtatoed young bloods who have hardly been out of the valley of the shadow of death.

Both my sons were born in England but class themselves as Welsh, and 100% Swans and Wales fans. That said they have visited most clubs through the divisions over the years, and have heard most of the anti Welsh anti English words. Your sons decisions are they’re own but do take issue with the statement ‘such is our fan base’. Most clubs have a minority who use football as an excuse, but I’m happy to say the majority of our fans and those of other clubs go to enjoy the day. In the 60 years I could maybe count single figures where I’ve sat/stood in a hostile atmosphere.
Respecting others opinions on 14:10 - Jun 26 with 1036 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 13:45 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I still don’t know what point you are making?

If I mention “the Trampie disease” does that mean you are racist? Or would you like me to provide you some proof other than me using that term?

Why have you ignored the point that religion is not a race? And English fans aren’t automatically hooligans, and hooligans aren’t automatically racist?

You are talking nonsense again.

If you don't understand the point of the article (or the same points I have been making) then you can't be helped.

The English disease is a widely used term, it's not a term I just dreamt up, it's a term that has been used by people across the World for decades because England football fans are linked with hooliganism and racism.

I comment on what I choose to comment on and most of what you write isn't worthy of my comments.

I am afraid this is yet another topic that is beyond your comprehension of understanding.

I thank you for taking interest in my posts but it would be a waste of my time to try and educate you on the subject as you clearly don't have the ability to understand the topic.

I bid you good day.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Respecting others opinions on 14:14 - Jun 26 with 1000 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 14:10 - Jun 26 by trampie

If you don't understand the point of the article (or the same points I have been making) then you can't be helped.

The English disease is a widely used term, it's not a term I just dreamt up, it's a term that has been used by people across the World for decades because England football fans are linked with hooliganism and racism.

I comment on what I choose to comment on and most of what you write isn't worthy of my comments.

I am afraid this is yet another topic that is beyond your comprehension of understanding.

I thank you for taking interest in my posts but it would be a waste of my time to try and educate you on the subject as you clearly don't have the ability to understand the topic.

I bid you good day.

It’s not about understanding it, it’s about seeing it’s relevance.

Jews are called greedy and have been for decades, an awfully sweeping term steeped in anti-semitism. Just because it’s a term that is used doesn’t mean it’s correct or warranted.

You have mistakenly confused race with religion and got yourself tied up in knots again.

You are entertaining. Mad as a box of frogs, but entertaining.

Respecting others opinions on 14:40 - Jun 26 with 993 viewsonehunglow

Respecting others opinions on 13:57 - Jun 26 by 3swan

Both my sons were born in England but class themselves as Welsh, and 100% Swans and Wales fans. That said they have visited most clubs through the divisions over the years, and have heard most of the anti Welsh anti English words. Your sons decisions are they’re own but do take issue with the statement ‘such is our fan base’. Most clubs have a minority who use football as an excuse, but I’m happy to say the majority of our fans and those of other clubs go to enjoy the day. In the 60 years I could maybe count single figures where I’ve sat/stood in a hostile atmosphere.

Take issue all you want Clive.
I don't see why my son should see his mother's heritage/nationality insulted by our clown fans. NB,note,most of our fans are fine..

My kids were born and bred in England.Why should they feel Welsh.Why should any parent ram their own nationality down their own kids.

It was my son's decision and his alone to stop accompanying me to away games but that was a good 10 years ago now. .

Respecting others opinions on 15:00 - Jun 26 with 965 views3swan

Respecting others opinions on 14:40 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Take issue all you want Clive.
I don't see why my son should see his mother's heritage/nationality insulted by our clown fans. NB,note,most of our fans are fine..

My kids were born and bred in England.Why should they feel Welsh.Why should any parent ram their own nationality down their own kids.

It was my son's decision and his alone to stop accompanying me to away games but that was a good 10 years ago now. .

Why such a reaction? This is a thread about respect. I don’t need to continue taking issue as you’ve now said most of our fans are fine. As I said your son is fully entitled to make his own decisions but to add I didn’t ram my views into my sons, they chose, if they wanted to support England or another team I would have taken them to games
Respecting others opinions on 15:11 - Jun 26 with 943 viewsGwyn737

Respecting others opinions on 06:35 - Jun 26 by trampie

First impressions count.

I hope you never get jury duty…
Login to get fewer ads

Respecting others opinions on 15:13 - Jun 26 with 934 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 15:11 - Jun 26 by Gwyn737

I hope you never get jury duty…

Why ?

Respecting others opinions on 15:14 - Jun 26 with 930 viewsGwyn737

Respecting others opinions on 15:13 - Jun 26 by trampie

Why ?

“First impressions count…”
Respecting others opinions on 15:15 - Jun 26 with 927 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 15:14 - Jun 26 by Gwyn737

“First impressions count…”

Yes and ?

Respecting others opinions on 15:15 - Jun 26 with 911 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 15:13 - Jun 26 by trampie

Why ?

Because you think a religion thinking their religion is superior is racist for starters.

Respecting others opinions on 15:36 - Jun 26 with 905 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 15:15 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Because you think a religion thinking their religion is superior is racist for starters.

Definitely, I certainly do think that a religion or a group of people or a race or a nationality that think they are chosen people is racist.

I think all people are equal.

Respecting others opinions on 15:39 - Jun 26 with 875 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 15:36 - Jun 26 by trampie

Definitely, I certainly do think that a religion or a group of people or a race or a nationality that think they are chosen people is racist.

I think all people are equal.

A religion is not a race.

If I am a Muslim and you are a Christian, me thinking I believe in the superior religion is not racist.

We are the same race.

Respecting others opinions on 15:55 - Jun 26 with 864 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 15:39 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

A religion is not a race.

If I am a Muslim and you are a Christian, me thinking I believe in the superior religion is not racist.

We are the same race.

I never said a religion is a race.

The religion I'm referring to the concept is racist, I've just checked out the wiki page and there it is criticisms of the belief are described as racist by different sources.
I also think it's a racist belief.
Whether you want to argue if they are a race or not, their DNA, whether they think they are or not is of course a minefield.

Respecting others opinions on 16:12 - Jun 26 with 820 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 15:55 - Jun 26 by trampie

I never said a religion is a race.

The religion I'm referring to the concept is racist, I've just checked out the wiki page and there it is criticisms of the belief are described as racist by different sources.
I also think it's a racist belief.
Whether you want to argue if they are a race or not, their DNA, whether they think they are or not is of course a minefield.

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

A race is not a religion, anyone of any race can follow whatever religion they wish.

So one religion feeling they are superior to all other religions (which is the concept of every religion) is not racist as it doesn’t refer to any race, it refers to a religion.

Can’t put it any simpler.

Respecting others opinions on 16:55 - Jun 26 with 806 viewsFireboy2

Respecting others opinions on 15:00 - Jun 26 by 3swan

Why such a reaction? This is a thread about respect. I don’t need to continue taking issue as you’ve now said most of our fans are fine. As I said your son is fully entitled to make his own decisions but to add I didn’t ram my views into my sons, they chose, if they wanted to support England or another team I would have taken them to games

Same here, if my eldest wanted to watch pne I would have taken him.

Now if he wanted to support utd or liverpool? 🤨

He also loves watching wales and like yourself I've never rammed it down his throat, he sees the passion i show for my country and chose wales.
Respecting others opinions on 17:03 - Jun 26 with 790 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 16:12 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

A race is not a religion, anyone of any race can follow whatever religion they wish.

So one religion feeling they are superior to all other religions (which is the concept of every religion) is not racist as it doesn’t refer to any race, it refers to a religion.

Can’t put it any simpler.

Yes you have no idea, it's not straight forward converting to certain religions (well one I can think of anyway) and whether you would be truly accepted by all and sundry is debatable.

Many people of a certain religion regard themselves as a race and there are reasons for that some medical/DNA type reasons.

Respecting others opinions on 18:57 - Jun 26 with 736 viewslifelong

Respecting others opinions on 21:19 - Jun 25 by onehunglow

Anyone who insults my wife,my son,daighter,grandkids is going to get a s storm the like of which they could never imagine. Confronting Keith would be a mistake but with me I can guarantee it will be worse and will linger until apologies are forthcoming.

I have raised a good family.All are English.All support England.Frankly,none of them would come with me to support the Swans or Wales such is our fan base. My son has s heard it all when he did come with me but after Uni he said no mas. It is not pleasant -the English jibes-it is not banter.

Frankly,I won't ever be setting foot in our ground ever again.Away is a relief as I can sit alone away from the overtatoed young bloods who have hardly been out of the valley of the shadow of death.

And this post comes from a person who has done nothing but insult Wales, the Welsh language, The Welsh Valleys, Swansea and surrounding areas.

Then he comes on here and threatens anyone who aims insult back at him, he’s nothing but a big bully who simply can’t take it back.

So he won’t be setting foot in our stadium again, he will not be missed.
Respecting others opinions on 20:22 - Jun 26 with 672 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 17:03 - Jun 26 by trampie

Yes you have no idea, it's not straight forward converting to certain religions (well one I can think of anyway) and whether you would be truly accepted by all and sundry is debatable.

Many people of a certain religion regard themselves as a race and there are reasons for that some medical/DNA type reasons.

Yes no idea what you are trying to say. You seem extremely confused.

Which religion considers themselves a race?

You don’t consider yourself a race, you are what you are. Religion can be followed by any race and there is probably no mainstream religion in the world that is followed by only one race.

I think you have got yourself into a pickle here Tramps.

Respecting others opinions on 22:05 - Jun 26 with 621 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 20:22 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

Yes no idea what you are trying to say. You seem extremely confused.

Which religion considers themselves a race?

You don’t consider yourself a race, you are what you are. Religion can be followed by any race and there is probably no mainstream religion in the world that is followed by only one race.

I think you have got yourself into a pickle here Tramps.

https://apnews.com/article/82c5075c54ce4f179e6517f0e4f07824

A USA Magistrate recently ruled that a religion can be a target of racism.

Respecting others opinions on 22:10 - Jun 26 with 608 viewsonehunglow

Some classic responses
It’s like having homework marked

Respecting others opinions on 22:23 - Jun 26 with 584 viewstrampie

There we go Dr P, I wonder if you have learnt something or there again perhaps you disagree with a top USA judge and think you know better.

Respecting others opinions on 22:37 - Jun 26 with 544 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 22:23 - Jun 26 by trampie

There we go Dr P, I wonder if you have learnt something or there again perhaps you disagree with a top USA judge and think you know better.

It’s a law of discrimination, he is not saying the Jewish religion is a race.

He has said that in this particular instance the person (who wasn’t even Jewish) was being discriminated against because of his heritage, which is a similar sort of thing to what racism is.

Jewish groups then spoke out to seek clarification as they were concerned people like you may misunderstand the ruling. Ironically they stated that views like yours (calling a religion a race) was popularised by neo-Nazis.

“ Some Jewish commentators have been (understandably) concerned that the ruling may backfire. David Barkey, the senior counsel for the Anti-Defamation League, for example, told Ha'aretz that he was worried that the decision might be taken to mean that Jewish people are a distinct race, which is a common claim of neo-Nazi groups. "The only concern that I would have is if it was being taken out of context to legitimize extremist views."

Respecting others opinions on 22:41 - Jun 26 with 541 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 22:37 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

It’s a law of discrimination, he is not saying the Jewish religion is a race.

He has said that in this particular instance the person (who wasn’t even Jewish) was being discriminated against because of his heritage, which is a similar sort of thing to what racism is.

Jewish groups then spoke out to seek clarification as they were concerned people like you may misunderstand the ruling. Ironically they stated that views like yours (calling a religion a race) was popularised by neo-Nazis.

“ Some Jewish commentators have been (understandably) concerned that the ruling may backfire. David Barkey, the senior counsel for the Anti-Defamation League, for example, told Ha'aretz that he was worried that the decision might be taken to mean that Jewish people are a distinct race, which is a common claim of neo-Nazi groups. "The only concern that I would have is if it was being taken out of context to legitimize extremist views."

And you had no idea what I was talking about.

Many things are just beyond your comprehension butt.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024