Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respecting others opinions 17:04 - Jun 23 with 10232 viewsonehunglow

Do we .?

Really.

Any evidence to support as plenty to contradict only today

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Respecting others opinions on 21:19 - Jun 25 with 987 viewsonehunglow

Respecting others opinions on 19:58 - Jun 25 by STID2017

Don't let him wind you up.
People are not born racist or made racist by where they live.
They are indoctrinated by those around them with sad, warped views of other human beings and are not intelligent enough to see people as people, wherever they come from and the colour of their skin.

Anyone who insults my wife,my son,daighter,grandkids is going to get a s storm the like of which they could never imagine. Confronting Keith would be a mistake but with me I can guarantee it will be worse and will linger until apologies are forthcoming.

I have raised a good family.All are English.All support England.Frankly,none of them would come with me to support the Swans or Wales such is our fan base. My son has s heard it all when he did come with me but after Uni he said no mas. It is not pleasant -the English jibes-it is not banter.

Frankly,I won't ever be setting foot in our ground ever again.Away is a relief as I can sit alone away from the overtatoed young bloods who have hardly been out of the valley of the shadow of death.

Respecting others opinions on 21:21 - Jun 25 with 984 viewsSTID2017

Respecting others opinions on 20:57 - Jun 25 by trampie

English football lager louts terrorised the Costas for many years, it was English football hooligans pre season.

So how come we only have a bubble game ( and as far as I know the only one in the football league ) in Wales ?
Nothing to do with England there ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Respecting others opinions on 21:25 - Jun 25 with 972 viewsonehunglow

Respecting others opinions on 21:21 - Jun 25 by STID2017

So how come we only have a bubble game ( and as far as I know the only one in the football league ) in Wales ?

Ive seen our own fans doing a very good passing impression of shyteheads on the p.
Hell,we pride ourselves on getting hammered so much so we can't find the way home.

Swansea is a large connurbation and not a small town tin pot town. Therefore it has all the detritus the English cities have.Not sure about the valleys . Maybe when they get electricity and running water.

Respecting others opinions on 21:50 - Jun 25 with 938 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s a good point, but if there was no bubble game, national news would be made.
Either way.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Respecting others opinions on 21:59 - Jun 25 with 909 viewsChief

Blackburn v Burnley (obviously haven't played each other for several years though)

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Respecting others opinions on 22:05 - Jun 25 with 894 viewsSTID2017

Respecting others opinions on 21:50 - Jun 25 by KeithHaynes

It’s a good point, but if there was no bubble game, national news would be made.
Either way.

Not saying our minority of Neanderthals from both clubs are ready to be allowed to go to these games on their own, but flies in the face of how bad the English fans are while a minority sit amongst us at the Liberty and on our away trips.

Respecting others opinions on 22:10 - Jun 25 with 889 viewsBoundy

Respecting others opinions on 20:02 - Jun 25 by Gwyn737

Families see adults in England tops and assume they’re racist?

Says a lot about those families, doesn’t it?

very insular , judgemental and rather sad ,that someone wearing a football shirt is perceived to be something their probably not .

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Respecting others opinions on 22:13 - Jun 25 with 884 viewsSTID2017

Respecting others opinions on 22:10 - Jun 25 by Boundy

very insular , judgemental and rather sad ,that someone wearing a football shirt is perceived to be something their probably not .

Exactly.

Login to get fewer ads

Respecting others opinions on 23:08 - Jun 25 with 856 viewsbuilthjack

Man Utd v Liverpool. Every season. They have a huge scuffle at a pre arranged place a few hours before the game.
The Aberystwyth Man Utd bus drops off half a dozen a few miles outside the city to meet up with the idiots, and they get back on the bus after the game covered in blood and bruises.
It's not talked about, but it happens.
Fact.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Respecting others opinions on 23:44 - Jun 25 with 844 viewsCatullus

So a thread about respecting others opinions is turned into a thread about English football fans obviously being racist...by Trampie.

Very sad.

What about hungary or Russia?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Respecting others opinions on 00:30 - Jun 26 with 822 viewsKeithHaynes

Respecting others opinions on 23:44 - Jun 25 by Catullus

So a thread about respecting others opinions is turned into a thread about English football fans obviously being racist...by Trampie.

Very sad.

What about hungary or Russia?

Kilmarnock, swimming in the T.Rivers.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Respecting others opinions on 05:01 - Jun 26 with 776 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 17:50 - Jun 25 by trampie

English football fans are accused of being racist.not the entire population.

Doesn't one particular religion think they are a chosen race ?, could that be construed as racist ?
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 13:24]

Yes and that accusation is incorrect.

The country has a population of 56 million. You can’t decide someone is racist from that on the basis that they like football.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Respecting others opinions on 06:35 - Jun 26 with 761 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 22:10 - Jun 25 by Boundy

First impressions count.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Respecting others opinions on 06:51 - Jun 26 with 747 viewstrampie

English football fans give their country a bad name at home and abroad, the English disease phrase was used by Europeans, England football fans reputation precedes themselves.
[Post edited 26 Jun 2022 14:17]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Respecting others opinions on 07:59 - Jun 26 with 707 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Respecting others opinions on 06:51 - Jun 26 by trampie

English football fans give their country a bad name at home and abroad, the English disease phrase was used by Europeans, England football fans reputation precedes themselves.

I feel a lot safer visiting English grounds then I did visiting Naples a few years back.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Respecting others opinions on 08:36 - Jun 26 with 678 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 07:59 - Jun 26 by felixstowe_jack

I feel a lot safer visiting English grounds then I did visiting Naples a few years back.

It was not very safe visiting Upton Park in 1982.

Respecting others opinions on 09:20 - Jun 26 with 655 viewsSTID2017

Respecting others opinions on 08:36 - Jun 26 by trampie

That was 40 years ago ?
Think you will find a lot has changed.
Not as much as it could have, but still, that may be a reflection of society

Respecting others opinions on 09:22 - Jun 26 with 651 viewsonehunglow

Respecting others opinions on 09:20 - Jun 26 by STID2017

That was 40 years ago ?
Think you will find a lot has changed.
Not as much as it could have, but still, that may be a reflection of society

Dont recall away fans had an easy ride as they strolled past the Gari.

Respecting others opinions on 10:17 - Jun 26 with 620 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 06:51 - Jun 26 by trampie

I thought we were talking about racism, not hooliganism. They aren’t the same thing.

For example Annis Abraham followed England away and was involved in some of that in his younger years, he is of African immigrant descent. I highly doubt he’s racist. His father was Egyptian. Hence the surname.

Probably best we clarify what the accusations are here because they all seem to be merging into one.

Respecting others opinions on 11:05 - Jun 26 with 591 viewsCatullus

Respecting others opinions on 08:36 - Jun 26 by trampie

It wasn't very safe visiting the Vetch or Ninian Park in 1982.

This is just you taking another pop at the English. It's your favourite hobby.

See OHL, this was my point, I have to tolerte Trampie's posts but I don't have to respect this.

In 1982 I wouldn't have felt safe going to most London grounds with just myself and one mate, I wouldn't have relaxed and had a few beers at local pubs and had a bit of banter with opposing fans. Roll the clock on to our EPL years and myself and a mate did just that, 2 of us catching a train, the tube, going to several pubs and having a laugh and feeling safe.

Times change but some people just cannot change with them. Is it intransigence or just plain bigotry?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Respecting others opinions on 11:28 - Jun 26 with 571 viewsonehunglow

Respecting others opinions on 11:05 - Jun 26 by Catullus

It wasn't very safe visiting the Vetch or Ninian Park in 1982.

This is just you taking another pop at the English. It's your favourite hobby.

See OHL, this was my point, I have to tolerte Trampie's posts but I don't have to respect this.

In 1982 I wouldn't have felt safe going to most London grounds with just myself and one mate, I wouldn't have relaxed and had a few beers at local pubs and had a bit of banter with opposing fans. Roll the clock on to our EPL years and myself and a mate did just that, 2 of us catching a train, the tube, going to several pubs and having a laugh and feeling safe.

Times change but some people just cannot change with them. Is it intransigence or just plain bigotry?

Fair point Cat.
Yep,I ll admit to being open here to criticism but I can take it from you.

Having said that, as regards Jim,of course he has his opinion but with termination of pregnancy I kinda go off the rails and I’m proud of that .

I respect the right of others to opine but I have a right to reply to them.
It’s a fine line .

I get it wrong sometimes as I am human.

That subject is highly inflammatory however

Respecting others opinions on 11:37 - Jun 26 with 556 viewsCatullus

Respecting others opinions on 11:28 - Jun 26 by onehunglow

Fair point Cat.
Yep,I ll admit to being open here to criticism but I can take it from you.

Having said that, as regards Jim,of course he has his opinion but with termination of pregnancy I kinda go off the rails and I’m proud of that .

I respect the right of others to opine but I have a right to reply to them.
It’s a fine line .

I get it wrong sometimes as I am human.

That subject is highly inflammatory however

When it comes to abortion, if its on medical grounds or the result of rape or abuse then I'm ok with it.

otherwise I am pro life but I won't prattle on about it because I am also pro choice which includes the choice to use contraception.

That's enough of that now, if you want to share a further opinion, OHL, then we can do it by the messages so we don't cause any outrage! Unlike some, we can always agree to disagree eh.

Respecting others opinions on 12:25 - Jun 26 with 528 viewsonehunglow

Respecting others opinions on 11:37 - Jun 26 by Catullus

When it comes to abortion, if its on medical grounds or the result of rape or abuse then I'm ok with it.

otherwise I am pro life but I won't prattle on about it because I am also pro choice which includes the choice to use contraception.

That's enough of that now, if you want to share a further opinion, OHL, then we can do it by the messages so we don't cause any outrage! Unlike some, we can always agree to disagree eh.

True mate,true.
Bless you.

Respecting others opinions on 13:22 - Jun 26 with 482 viewstrampie

Respecting others opinions on 10:17 - Jun 26 by Dr_Parnassus

I thought we were talking about racism, not hooliganism. They aren’t the same thing.

For example Annis Abraham followed England away and was involved in some of that in his younger years, he is of African immigrant descent. I highly doubt he’s racist. His father was Egyptian. Hence the surname.

Probably best we clarify what the accusations are here because they all seem to be merging into one.

English football hooliganism and racism often overlapped, most English hooligans were white and many were involved with movements like the National Front and latterly the English Defense League.

Abraham apparently does not do the Ayatollah for religious reasons, what did I say to you in an earlier post (that you did not comment on) in response to a comment you made and that is one well known religion apparently think they are a chosen race.

Respecting others opinions on 13:31 - Jun 26 with 464 viewsDr_Parnassus

Respecting others opinions on 13:22 - Jun 26 by trampie

English football hooliganism and racism often overlapped, most English hooligans were white and many were involved with movements like the National Front and latterly the English Defense League.

Abraham apparently does not do the Ayatollah for religious reasons, what did I say to you in an earlier post (that you did not comment on) in response to a comment you made and that is one well known religion apparently think they are a chosen race.

You are just jumping about from one point to the other. So if you are a football fan and are English then you are racist, if you are a football hooligan and English then you are doubly racist. Is that about right?

And no religion and race isn’t the same thing, you are again confusing yourself. I could turn Muslim tomorrow, I couldn’t change my race though.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024