Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 14:54 - Aug 17 with 17857 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a tricky game for the swans on Saturday against a Luton Town side which has enjoyed success over Russell Martin’s side in recent years. Realistically it could halogen again.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Saturday Latest - Plus taking the knee becomes clearer 20th Aug 2022 08:05
Swansea City take on Luton Town at 3pm today (UK time) looking to show they have learned from Tuesdays performance where they let slip a two goal lead against Millwall. Luton are second bottom in the championship with Coventry City bottom, however the sky blues have only played two games due to their pitch being unplayable. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:33 - Aug 20 with 2109 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:30 - Aug 20 by magicdaps10

I think it's a case of getting these 3 out and others to get about 3 decent players, ultimately any new arrival comes with a gamble and is not guaranteed to produce.

Out of the 3 you mention, Whittaker and Joseph I believe loaning out were good options but I feel we should have kept Garrick, he would have certainly provided an option.

We show no signs of any urgency on or off the pitch.
Might be wrong.

Jones clearly has our number

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:33 - Aug 20 with 2111 viewsmagicdaps10

That's soft, very soft from Cabango.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:34 - Aug 20 with 2060 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:33 - Aug 20 by magicdaps10

That's soft, very soft from Cabango.

I like Ben but he was appalling then.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:35 - Aug 20 with 2035 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:33 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

We show no signs of any urgency on or off the pitch.
Might be wrong.

Jones clearly has our number

Yeah I agree, Jones has us sussed.

Very slow today with 2 errors for the goals, looks like confidence is shot after Tuesday.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:36 - Aug 20 with 2009 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:32 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

Is that it ?

For the game or Martin?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:36 - Aug 20 with 2007 viewstheloneranger

Another poor effort from Piroe.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1991 viewsmagicdaps10

No worry, we will get 2 in injury time and draw 😬

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:37 - Aug 20 with 1990 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe, I mean what was he doing.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 1939 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:37 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

Listening To BBC Wales I thought it was Peru

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:40 - Aug 20 with 1929 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:37 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

Piroe could be playing sh1te because he doesn't like Russ!! 😂

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:42 - Aug 20 with 1880 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:36 - Aug 20 by theloneranger

Another poor effort from Piroe.

He s gone from being a prolific striker to a waif in a few months.He seems utterly stumped.

This is appalling

75% possession though

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 1829 viewsSirjohnalot

All too easy for Luton. We’re offering nothing
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:45 - Aug 20 with 1807 viewsmagicdaps10

Always going to be tough for him, 2nd season syndrome.

The bench is weak, we need a right wing back, a midfielder and a creative 10 for starters.

Is this Bennett wage really killing us in regards to strengthening or are the yanks really tightening the belt!?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:46 - Aug 20 with 1788 viewscadleigh

Yeah, but we have 75% possession so some supporters will still go home happy that Martin has us playing the ‘Swansea Way’.

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:48 - Aug 20 with 1744 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:37 - Aug 20 by magicdaps10

No worry, we will get 2 in injury time and draw 😬

First time two points were dropped in a Swans game by an injury-time equaliser under Martin was by Luton in the away game last season. I reckon Jones put a curse on us…

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:48 - Aug 20 with 1744 viewsmagicdaps10

Glad I am out on the pop later 🤦‍♂️😂😂

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:51 - Aug 20 with 1670 viewstheloneranger

At least an ex MK Dons player (Morris) scored today. 😂

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:51 - Aug 20 with 1639 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:46 - Aug 20 by cadleigh

Yeah, but we have 75% possession so some supporters will still go home happy that Martin has us playing the ‘Swansea Way’.

Our new coach needs tp bin this possession drivel.Luton are quite comfortable and do the basics .We dont. Last year they made the play offs.We didnt

Not long ago they were play Vanaramama.

We could fall like a stone ;it can happen to clubs who have lost their way.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:52 - Aug 20 with 1637 viewscadleigh

Joint worst goal difference in the division and if the teams below us win their games in hand we’ll be in the relegation zone. Fine margins…

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:00 - Aug 20 with 1488 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:45 - Aug 20 by magicdaps10

Always going to be tough for him, 2nd season syndrome.

The bench is weak, we need a right wing back, a midfielder and a creative 10 for starters.

Is this Bennett wage really killing us in regards to strengthening or are the yanks really tightening the belt!?

“Second season syndrome is a downturn in form suffered by a team in their second season after promotion, having performed relatively well in their first season.” (Wikipedia)

Only problem is, I wouldn’t call 15th place a relatively good performance. Not for a team that reached the play-offs the previous two seasons and had only just missed automatic promotion.

I do agree that the squad is weak - for the formation and tactics that this manager insists on reverting to. Even against a manager (Jones) with previous form in identifying our weaknesses and exploiting them.

We are better than this.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:03 - Aug 20 with 1445 viewsSirjohnalot

My dad summed it up ‘worst game of football I’ve seen in years ‘
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:16 - Aug 20 with 1325 viewsAnotherJohn

This squad is weaker than last year. Some of Martin's recruits look like lower league journeymen who are taking us back to the level they know. Opposing managers see that we have more than the odd mistake in us and set up their teams accordingly.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 18:23]
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:17 - Aug 20 with 1311 viewsKulusBeatFactory

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:03 - Aug 20 by Sirjohnalot

My dad summed it up ‘worst game of football I’ve seen in years ‘

And if your dad had been at the Blackburn game he would of said the same thing.

Blackburn game was the worst game we have seen in years at the Lib.

This was even worse.

When the manager goes back to his ways of High%Poss/High Pass we are rubbish.

Changes have to be made at the top, we are declining. Owners/chairman/manager
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:20 - Aug 20 with 1266 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:17 - Aug 20 by KulusBeatFactory

And if your dad had been at the Blackburn game he would of said the same thing.

Blackburn game was the worst game we have seen in years at the Lib.

This was even worse.

When the manager goes back to his ways of High%Poss/High Pass we are rubbish.

Changes have to be made at the top, we are declining. Owners/chairman/manager

Avoid any press conference of this man.
This is the worst manager we have had for decades.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:27 - Aug 20 with 1208 viewsTreforys_Jack

Please don't give this bloke any more money.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024