Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 14:54 - Aug 17 with 18016 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a tricky game for the swans on Saturday against a Luton Town side which has enjoyed success over Russell Martin’s side in recent years. Realistically it could halogen again.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Saturday Latest - Plus taking the knee becomes clearer 20th Aug 2022 08:05
Swansea City take on Luton Town at 3pm today (UK time) looking to show they have learned from Tuesdays performance where they let slip a two goal lead against Millwall. Luton are second bottom in the championship with Coventry City bottom, however the sky blues have only played two games due to their pitch being unplayable. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:28 - Aug 20 with 1701 viewsMad_Mike

Overheard from Nathan Jones on the Away bench when he put on 3 subs at 60
Minutes:

' Come on lads Fcking get stuck into them. They're Sh1te!'

Ouch 😡
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:37 - Aug 20 with 1667 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:12 - Aug 20 by jack247

I’m probably a couple of games ahead of you, I was where you are after Blackburn (probably Rotherham, but I didn’t want to admit it to myself).

Despite the late collapse, I thought we may have turned a corner when Joe Allen made our midfield tick Tuesday, but it was clearly a false dawn.

Wingbacks aside, we’ve got a good squad. We should be playing much better than we are and picking up more points than we are. Unfortunately, the buck stops at the top.

Agreed, if you've got no wing backs then don't play a bloody system that relies on them. Not rocket science.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:41 - Aug 20 with 1648 viewsblackswan

Swansea get battered everywhere we go swansea
Get battered martin has to go martin hs to go a p 4 5

Repeat above
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:41 - Aug 20 with 1648 viewscadleigh

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

The way he wants us to play is daft and self-defeating. Possession without width. It looks pretty in highlights when playing much weaker opposition who also make mistakes (Millwall were atrocious, for example). There's a reason it only "clicked" last season when we played 7 of the bottom 8 in sequence (also Millwall thrown in there).

I really don't understand how some of or fans can still believe the master plan is sound it's just players not being good/fit/impassioned enough. It's a lemon of a system, don't let insistent PR campaigns convince you otherwise. Wingbacks turn backwards. Attacking players stand in the middle of the pitch surrounded by defenders to "congest the centre". One loose pass and they're in, by design.

Possession football doesn't have to look like this rubbish. We've had plenty of examples of entertaining and effective possession football at this club over the years.

It’s the right question - how can some of our fans be arguing that it’s everyone’s fault but the manager’s? But not sure this is the right place to be asking it. Despite the at times heated debates on here about Martin, I am pretty sure that there is no poster I couldn’t have an enjoyable discussion with over a pint. As Gwyn said, there are very few on here who will not hear a bad word said about Martin, it’s just a question of how concerned each of us is.

But I am willing to bet that before the sun sets, other forums will see supporters argue that it’s the players’ fault (manager’s job ends when they leave the training ground, apparently), it’s the fault of the owners for not backing the manager (ahem Fisher, Sorinola…), that today’s defeat could have been a victory but for fine margins (I believe that one is actually the copyright of someone called Colin Jones).

Why are people still willing to die in a ditch rather than face up to the fact that the Emperor is naked? In some cases pride, I think. Some people who should have known better decided Martin was ‘the real thing’ before a ball was kicked in anger, and they have been desperate to hold the line in the hope that it might come true. Others genuinely enjoy possession for possession’s sake, even if it is played at a walking pace. Some of them only started watching the Swans when we were playing tiki-tikka under Rodgers, and like one of those ducklings who imprint themselves on the first moving object they see, it means the world to them. Even if we lose. Apparently it’s ‘the Swansea Way’, and that’s all that matters innit…
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 19:41]

Poll: How long would you give Russell Martin to turn things around?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:43 - Aug 20 with 1641 viewsDDCH

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:41 - Aug 20 by cadleigh

It’s the right question - how can some of our fans be arguing that it’s everyone’s fault but the manager’s? But not sure this is the right place to be asking it. Despite the at times heated debates on here about Martin, I am pretty sure that there is no poster I couldn’t have an enjoyable discussion with over a pint. As Gwyn said, there are very few on here who will not hear a bad word said about Martin, it’s just a question of how concerned each of us is.

But I am willing to bet that before the sun sets, other forums will see supporters argue that it’s the players’ fault (manager’s job ends when they leave the training ground, apparently), it’s the fault of the owners for not backing the manager (ahem Fisher, Sorinola…), that today’s defeat could have been a victory but for fine margins (I believe that one is actually the copyright of someone called Colin Jones).

Why are people still willing to die in a ditch rather than face up to the fact that the Emperor is naked? In some cases pride, I think. Some people who should have known better decided Martin was ‘the real thing’ before a ball was kicked in anger, and they have been desperate to hold the line in the hope that it might come true. Others genuinely enjoy possession for possession’s sake, even if it is played at a walking pace. Some of them only started watching the Swans when we were playing tiki-tikka under Rodgers, and like one of those ducklings who imprint themselves on the first moving object they see, it means the world to them. Even if we lose. Apparently it’s ‘the Swansea Way’, and that’s all that matters innit…

I can't remember such a dire game of football from the Swans, and I have been attending since 1992. I wont go into a full essay response, but when men who are being paid tens of thousands of pounds a week, can't be bothered to put a shift in, the I am sick of paying their wages.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:46 - Aug 20 with 1617 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:41 - Aug 20 by cadleigh

Simply brilliant
My God man
#Bravo

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:21 - Aug 20 with 1528 viewsBadlands

Multiple muck ups again from Darling and he's still some fans' darling!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:23 - Aug 20 with 1515 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:28 - Aug 20 by Mad_Mike

Overheard from Nathan Jones on the Away bench when he put on 3 subs at 60
Minutes:

' Come on lads Fcking get stuck into them. They're Sh1te!'

Ouch 😡

Horrible rat faced scummer, but can't really argue with what he said.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:40 - Aug 20 with 1465 viewsJack11

I’ve had enough of the Russell Martin excuses now. Fed up of hearing about a ‘group of young men’. They’re not a group of young men. We had 3 full internationals starting today. How many other champ sides can say that? Even the ones young in age have a fair bit of experience. It’s just smoke and mirrors to try to hide from his awful tactics. Also goes on about pride in how we play between the boxes. I hope this is the last time I have to say this. Teams let us have those areas. They want us to have meaningless possession for Christ’s sake. Enough is enough now.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:50 - Aug 20 with 1431 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:21 - Aug 20 by Badlands

Multiple muck ups again from Darling and he's still some fans' darling!

A star pf the future apparently.
Guehi was.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:57 - Aug 20 with 1418 viewsSirjohnalot

On the plus side, disabled parking was seemless, stewards were very caring to my dad and the coffee wasn’t bad. So that was nice….
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:00 - Aug 20 with 1397 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 08:12 - Aug 19 by Sirjohnalot

Yes, no reason at all why we cannot challenge. With a bit of luck, we'd be on 9 points. We were awful against Blackburn but should have beaten Rotherham and obviously Millwall

Nobody can seriously suggest we will challenge for anything other than relegation places.
We could have lost every game so far

What next eh?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:04 - Aug 20 with 1386 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:00 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

Nobody can seriously suggest we will challenge for anything other than relegation places.
We could have lost every game so far

What next eh?

Was going to have a curry tonight but I’m full after eating all those words
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 21:09 - Aug 20 with 1365 viewsJack11

As Russ keeps saying, we’re nearly a good side. Well, I nearly look like Brad Pitt in the sense I’m a male with a face.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 23:17 - Aug 20 with 1151 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:23 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

He’s beaten us twice at home under Russ now. The most galling thing is that he has inferior players and still motivates them to come here and win without breaking sweat.

Our players look like they’ve had the life sucked out of them.

No way back for Martin now he simply has to go.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:06 - Aug 21 with 891 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 23:17 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

He’s beaten us twice at home under Russ now. The most galling thing is that he has inferior players and still motivates them to come here and win without breaking sweat.

Not inferior in front of goal and not inferior defending

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:10 - Aug 21 with 892 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 23:17 - Aug 20 by Brynmill_Jack

Even more galling than that, is you know plenty of other teams will do exactly the same.

He’s made us easy to beat at home.

I don’t think he’s close to losing his job yet. Would be a massive financial hit to pay his team off and replace them. I think we’ve got a few more games like this to come unfortunately.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:15 - Aug 21 with 875 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:10 - Aug 21 by jack247

Even more galling than that, is you know plenty of other teams will do exactly the same.

He’s made us easy to beat at home.

I don’t think he’s close to losing his job yet. Would be a massive financial hit to pay his team off and replace them. I think we’ve got a few more games like this to come unfortunately.

But another relegation would really hit us financially or is that a part of rebuilding ?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:22 - Aug 21 with 869 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:15 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

But another relegation would really hit us financially or is that a part of rebuilding ?

We’re 5 games in. They aren’t going to panic about relegation.

They’ll know that even if we are bottom at Christmas, a decent manager will be able to steer this group of players to safety. I think he’d have to lose the dressing room to go this early.

To be honest, a few did look like they were going through the motions yesterday.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:25 - Aug 21 with 862 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:22 - Aug 21 by jack247

We’re 5 games in. They aren’t going to panic about relegation.

They’ll know that even if we are bottom at Christmas, a decent manager will be able to steer this group of players to safety. I think he’d have to lose the dressing room to go this early.

To be honest, a few did look like they were going through the motions yesterday.

Morning 247.
They won't panic as they are not that bothered,or so it seemed.
If they have any ambition,then it is gob smacking obvious we are regressing.

It's hard to find the words really

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:34 - Aug 21 with 864 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:23 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

Absolutely spot on.

Beware of the Risen People

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:35 - Aug 21 with 863 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:57 - Aug 20 by Sirjohnalot

On the plus side, disabled parking was seemless, stewards were very caring to my dad and the coffee wasn’t bad. So that was nice….

And important.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:38 - Aug 21 with 849 viewsKilkennyjack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:25 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Morning 247.

I think his Doube will see him safe until Christmas.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:43 - Aug 21 with 831 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:25 - Aug 21 by onehunglow

Morning 247.

There’s a big difference between having ambition to get promoted and ambition not to get relegated.

They will press the panic button if we’re in serious relegation danger, but no team ever is after 5 games.

Russell Martin really doesn’t help himself, but he is in a position where he has to sell his best players just to stand still. It’s not even an open secret anymore. Not suggesting others wouldn’t do better in his position, but no owner would seriously expect a promotion push under those circumstances.

They’d be happy to tick along selling our best players every year until someone takes the club from them.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:45 - Aug 21 with 823 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:43 - Aug 21 by jack247

There’s a big difference between having ambition to get promoted and ambition not to get relegated.

They will press the panic button if we’re in serious relegation danger, but no team ever is after 5 games.

Russell Martin really doesn’t help himself, but he is in a position where he has to sell his best players just to stand still. It’s not even an open secret anymore. Not suggesting others wouldn’t do better in his position, but no owner would seriously expect a promotion push under those circumstances.

They’d be happy to tick along selling our best players every year until someone takes the club from them.

Fair comment

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024