Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 14:54 - Aug 17 with 17867 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a tricky game for the swans on Saturday against a Luton Town side which has enjoyed success over Russell Martin’s side in recent years. Realistically it could halogen again.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Saturday Latest - Plus taking the knee becomes clearer 20th Aug 2022 08:05
Swansea City take on Luton Town at 3pm today (UK time) looking to show they have learned from Tuesdays performance where they let slip a two goal lead against Millwall. Luton are second bottom in the championship with Coventry City bottom, however the sky blues have only played two games due to their pitch being unplayable. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:51 - Aug 21 with 943 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 20:40 - Aug 20 by Jack11

I’ve had enough of the Russell Martin excuses now. Fed up of hearing about a ‘group of young men’. They’re not a group of young men. We had 3 full internationals starting today. How many other champ sides can say that? Even the ones young in age have a fair bit of experience. It’s just smoke and mirrors to try to hide from his awful tactics. Also goes on about pride in how we play between the boxes. I hope this is the last time I have to say this. Teams let us have those areas. They want us to have meaningless possession for Christ’s sake. Enough is enough now.

Without being pedantic there were at least 4 full internationals, Ben, Joe, Manning and Oba, not sure about N'tcham, which further illustrates your point. It's not the players it's the useless tactics and formation.
Right, this formation relies heavily on wingbacks, but Russ we haven't got any, no matter we'll do it anyway.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:01 - Aug 21 with 936 viewsjojaca

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:43 - Aug 21 by jack247

There’s a big difference between having ambition to get promoted and ambition not to get relegated.

They will press the panic button if we’re in serious relegation danger, but no team ever is after 5 games.

Russell Martin really doesn’t help himself, but he is in a position where he has to sell his best players just to stand still. It’s not even an open secret anymore. Not suggesting others wouldn’t do better in his position, but no owner would seriously expect a promotion push under those circumstances.

They’d be happy to tick along selling our best players every year until someone takes the club from them.

I honestly think Downes is the last player we will sell of any real value. We are running out of assets. We are one of the few clubs in recent years that have fortunately been able to move players on for good transfer fees, but everything comes to an end. So I don't know what game the yanks are playing because we are heading to league one under their stewardship back to 10-12k crowds with the value of the whole squad will be short of Downes latest transfer fee paid by West Ham.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:15 - Aug 21 with 899 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:38 - Aug 21 by Kilkennyjack

I think his Doube will see him safe until Christmas.

That won’t have any bearing on input at all. It means the same as any other double or pairs of wins to them. It’s only important to fans of the club which they’re not.

I believe they are starving him now though with the intention of forcing him out. They won’t be making opinions for themselves, I don’t believe they know enough about it. They’ll see the results and they’ll be advised on why those results are happening. Those advisors, unless blind and or clueless about football, can only come to the conclusion that he’s not up to it.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:43 - Aug 21 with 871 viewsRichardO

If you're going to use Darling as the receiver for goal kicks then he needs to be further away from Fisher because of the short return ball enables the attacker to to get close not give him enough time to clear accurately it .
The team was unbalanced from the start, players not in their natural position and therefore uncomfortable on the ball further helping the opposition using a high press.
Second half changes still players out of position, don't think Naughton should be playing full back these days and Manning tends to go AWOL neglecting him defensive duties.
It is up to the manager to see these issues and resolve them.

On a side note, it was good to see Wood when in a high enough position attack their fullback, brush pass him using both pace and strength enabling him to get in behind their back line before they had time to regroup, to be fair Congreves looks capable to exploit a fullback but the time it gets to him the opposition has regrouped.

One other bug bear would be defenders not attacking the higher ball letting it go over head to keep possession while letting the opposition again regroup into defensive formation.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 11:25 - Aug 21 with 825 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 10:15 - Aug 21 by union_jack

That won’t have any bearing on input at all. It means the same as any other double or pairs of wins to them. It’s only important to fans of the club which they’re not.

I believe they are starving him now though with the intention of forcing him out. They won’t be making opinions for themselves, I don’t believe they know enough about it. They’ll see the results and they’ll be advised on why those results are happening. Those advisors, unless blind and or clueless about football, can only come to the conclusion that he’s not up to it.

It was nice last season but I’ve forgotten it already, don’t even think about it.

I’d say if he stays on we are far more likely to be on the receiving end of a reverse double than achieving it again.

Could be the only manager with the distinct record of achieving and conceding the local double.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:32 - Aug 21 with 716 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 09:43 - Aug 21 by jack247

There’s a big difference between having ambition to get promoted and ambition not to get relegated.

They will press the panic button if we’re in serious relegation danger, but no team ever is after 5 games.

Russell Martin really doesn’t help himself, but he is in a position where he has to sell his best players just to stand still. It’s not even an open secret anymore. Not suggesting others wouldn’t do better in his position, but no owner would seriously expect a promotion push under those circumstances.

They’d be happy to tick along selling our best players every year until someone takes the club from them.

He's had a full season , a pre season and we’re arguably worse than last season . No full backs signed and the two we have he plays on their wrong sides . We’ve got a mishmash of a midfield with no ball winners or enforcers, now Downes has left so has our only bit of steel. I’d drop grimes and use an axis of Allen, Fulton and Congrieve and see how that goes. Too many square pegs in round holes and he’s responsible for shoehorning them in.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:17 - Aug 21 with 681 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 13:32 - Aug 21 by Brynmill_Jack

He's had a full season , a pre season and we’re arguably worse than last season . No full backs signed and the two we have he plays on their wrong sides . We’ve got a mishmash of a midfield with no ball winners or enforcers, now Downes has left so has our only bit of steel. I’d drop grimes and use an axis of Allen, Fulton and Congrieve and see how that goes. Too many square pegs in round holes and he’s responsible for shoehorning them in.

Personally, I think that would be a disaster. Allen gives Grimes the platform to play at his best. It’s not going to achieve a lot when half their team mates aren’t at the races, but surely you thought they worked well together for an hour against Milwall?

Congreve is very young. Exciting talent and will probably go on to be an excellent player. I’d expect his form and match fitness to be up and down if he starts every game though. I think impact sub with the occasional start is probably right for now.

Martin - yes, I agree. We’re better than we were at the very start of last season, but that was when he was in his honeymoon period and most, including me, wanted him to be given time. We’ve hardly progressed at all since then. Progressed and regressed maybe. He either puts his hands up and modifies the way we play, or as I think will happen, we’ll carry on exactly as we are and he’ll eventually lose his job.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 22:52 - Aug 21 with 483 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 14:17 - Aug 21 by jack247

Personally, I think that would be a disaster. Allen gives Grimes the platform to play at his best. It’s not going to achieve a lot when half their team mates aren’t at the races, but surely you thought they worked well together for an hour against Milwall?

Congreve is very young. Exciting talent and will probably go on to be an excellent player. I’d expect his form and match fitness to be up and down if he starts every game though. I think impact sub with the occasional start is probably right for now.

Martin - yes, I agree. We’re better than we were at the very start of last season, but that was when he was in his honeymoon period and most, including me, wanted him to be given time. We’ve hardly progressed at all since then. Progressed and regressed maybe. He either puts his hands up and modifies the way we play, or as I think will happen, we’ll carry on exactly as we are and he’ll eventually lose his job.

If that’s Grimes’ best then he’s not worthy of the shirt. The most disappointing player to captain the club in its recent history

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024