Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 14:54 - Aug 17 with 18013 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a tricky game for the swans on Saturday against a Luton Town side which has enjoyed success over Russell Martin’s side in recent years. Realistically it could halogen again.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Saturday Latest - Plus taking the knee becomes clearer 20th Aug 2022 08:05
Swansea City take on Luton Town at 3pm today (UK time) looking to show they have learned from Tuesdays performance where they let slip a two goal lead against Millwall. Luton are second bottom in the championship with Coventry City bottom, however the sky blues have only played two games due to their pitch being unplayable. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:29 - Aug 20 with 1532 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:27 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

Please don't give this bloke any more money.

Sadly,he is in situ to waste away more money and players.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:34 - Aug 20 with 1500 viewsKeithHaynes

Yet another disaster for slow thinking Swansea City and Russell Martin 20th Aug 2022 17:31
Nathan Jones has yet again been the master of disaster when it comes to Swansea City. His overall match day tactics and strategy won this game for his side. Even before the game the warning signs were there as Luton came in search of their first win of the season. 3

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:36 - Aug 20 with 1489 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:16 - Aug 20 by AnotherJohn

This squad is weaker than last year. Some of Martin's recruits look like lower league journeymen who are taking us back to the level they know. Opposing managers see that we have more than the odd mistake in us and set up their teams accordingly.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2022 18:23]

We are setting up to play to Luton’s strengths. We’ve got a nice big pitch to stretch teams but we only play in the middle ten yards very very slowly so Luton can keep nice and compact and hit is on the counter attack/set pieces.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:42 - Aug 20 with 1437 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 16:08 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

If that's a dig ,that really aint very laudable
There or not,no way was that superb.

Atmosphere Tuesday was excellent as the football was excellent and we should have been out of sight.
Blackburn and today Atmosphere was flat as we never looked like winning.
Perhaps Tuesday's Atmosphere didn't come across on whichever media you subscribed to ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:45 - Aug 20 with 1399 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:42 - Aug 20 by STID2017

Atmosphere Tuesday was excellent as the football was excellent and we should have been out of sight.
Blackburn and today Atmosphere was flat as we never looked like winning.
Perhaps Tuesday's Atmosphere didn't come across on whichever media you subscribed to ?

Next time you see Robbo tell him Richie says he's gone deaf then becaue he said it was flat as he did today.

That aside,it matters not

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:52 - Aug 20 with 1375 viewskrunchykarrot

Just got in and what i witnessed today was the worst performance for me under RM by a long way. Luton were basically a long ball big man pub tactic team that were organised.

Ben made a silly pass which was compounded by a wayward one into touch down the line then a bad header which rolled 15yards for a corner where Fisher made an error.1-0 Then we were clueless lethargic putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure playing 6yard box nonsense. As for the second goal.

Heres a good question why do we persist 6yd box nonsense when we give it away every time from a kickoff like midweek?

Piroe was dreadful, and what is Sorinola? Coooper and CC gave us a bit of energy of the bench was about the only glint in a dull afternoon.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:55 - Aug 20 with 1345 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:52 - Aug 20 by krunchykarrot

Just got in and what i witnessed today was the worst performance for me under RM by a long way. Luton were basically a long ball big man pub tactic team that were organised.

Ben made a silly pass which was compounded by a wayward one into touch down the line then a bad header which rolled 15yards for a corner where Fisher made an error.1-0 Then we were clueless lethargic putting ourselves under unnecessary pressure playing 6yard box nonsense. As for the second goal.

Heres a good question why do we persist 6yd box nonsense when we give it away every time from a kickoff like midweek?

Piroe was dreadful, and what is Sorinola? Coooper and CC gave us a bit of energy of the bench was about the only glint in a dull afternoon.

We have been stroking the ball into trouble for fully 12 months.It is the way he plays.He wants to play that way.
That should be all people need to understand

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:04 - Aug 20 with 1311 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:55 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

We have been stroking the ball into trouble for fully 12 months.It is the way he plays.He wants to play that way.
That should be all people need to understand

The thing is the way he wants a team to play is the correct way and when we do it in flashes at pace is brilliant. The problem is we haven't got the players and cant maintain it and we end up playing walking football. I do agree with some of your points OHL about his arrogance etc well he really had it knocked out of him today by the worst side we have lost to in years.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:04 - Aug 20 with 1310 viewsGwyn737

A week ago we’d just bested Blackpool away and had 2 home games to look forward to.

Couldn’t have gone any worse really, could it?
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:05 - Aug 20 with 1300 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:04 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

A week ago we’d just bested Blackpool away and had 2 home games to look forward to.

Coukd have played an extra minute injury time on Tuesday and lost 3-2 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:06 - Aug 20 with 1285 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:04 - Aug 20 by krunchykarrot

The thing is the way he wants a team to play is the correct way and when we do it in flashes at pace is brilliant. The problem is we haven't got the players and cant maintain it and we end up playing walking football. I do agree with some of your points OHL about his arrogance etc well he really had it knocked out of him today by the worst side we have lost to in years.

KK.
We havent the quality to play like he dreams
BTW,the best teams move the ball far quicker and are solid at the back

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:06 - Aug 20 with 1284 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 17:27 - Aug 20 by Treforys_Jack

Please don't give this bloke any more money.

Agreed. He’d only buy more center halves

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:10 - Aug 20 with 1252 viewskrunchykarrot

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:06 - Aug 20 by onehunglow

KK.
We havent the quality to play like he dreams
BTW,the best teams move the ball far quicker and are solid at the back

Thats what i said i think so i concur.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:18 - Aug 20 with 1208 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:10 - Aug 20 by krunchykarrot

Thats what i said i think so i concur.

Well ,dont let on as you'll ruin my reputation

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:20 - Aug 20 with 1210 viewsGwyn737

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:05 - Aug 20 by KeithHaynes

Coukd have played an extra minute injury time on Tuesday and lost 3-2 😉

You’re not helping, Keith 🤣
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 20 with 1180 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:04 - Aug 20 by krunchykarrot

The way he wants us to play is daft and self-defeating. Possession without width. It looks pretty in highlights when playing much weaker opposition who also make mistakes (Millwall were atrocious, for example). There's a reason it only "clicked" last season when we played 7 of the bottom 8 in sequence (also Millwall thrown in there).

I really don't understand how some of or fans can still believe the master plan is sound it's just players not being good/fit/impassioned enough. It's a lemon of a system, don't let insistent PR campaigns convince you otherwise. Wingbacks turn backwards. Attacking players stand in the middle of the pitch surrounded by defenders to "congest the centre". One loose pass and they're in, by design.

Possession football doesn't have to look like this rubbish. We've had plenty of examples of entertaining and effective possession football at this club over the years.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:37 - Aug 20 with 1124 viewsGwyn737

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

The way he wants us to play is daft and self-defeating. Possession without width. It looks pretty in highlights when playing much weaker opposition who also make mistakes (Millwall were atrocious, for example). There's a reason it only "clicked" last season when we played 7 of the bottom 8 in sequence (also Millwall thrown in there).

I really don't understand how some of or fans can still believe the master plan is sound it's just players not being good/fit/impassioned enough. It's a lemon of a system, don't let insistent PR campaigns convince you otherwise. Wingbacks turn backwards. Attacking players stand in the middle of the pitch surrounded by defenders to "congest the centre". One loose pass and they're in, by design.

Possession football doesn't have to look like this rubbish. We've had plenty of examples of entertaining and effective possession football at this club over the years.

To be fair Jasp, if we take posters on here as pretty much a cross section of our fan base then there are very few who are still on board.

The only difference as I see is those who are desperate for success by wanting RM to do well as opposed to those who also are desperate for success but feel it’s better achieved by getting rid. The latter is now the heavier side of the scales (it took different fans different amounts of time to get there) but everyone just wants us to do well.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:39 - Aug 20 with 1112 viewsSirjohnalot

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:37 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

To be fair Jasp, if we take posters on here as pretty much a cross section of our fan base then there are very few who are still on board.

The only difference as I see is those who are desperate for success by wanting RM to do well as opposed to those who also are desperate for success but feel it’s better achieved by getting rid. The latter is now the heavier side of the scales (it took different fans different amounts of time to get there) but everyone just wants us to do well.

I’ve been very much back the manager, but I’m so disappointed today, I’m afraid I’m drifting away.

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:44 - Aug 20 with 1093 viewsshingle

Seems as if our Russell is now well and truly morphing into David Brent.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:48 - Aug 20 with 1071 viewsLuther27

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:26 - Aug 20 by jasper_T

It’s like turning up in a F1 race driving a SUV and being surprised at the result….and then repeating it week in week out. We don’t have the players with the ability to stick to the managers system.
Christ, I thought Bob Bradley was bad….but this guy is fighting for his crown.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:55 - Aug 20 with 1036 viewsshingle

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:04 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

Hopefully the usual suspects will not get to excited when we win out next game and start believing yet again we have turned the corner, surely all the false dawns will have dawned on them by then excuse the pun.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:12 - Aug 20 with 974 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:39 - Aug 20 by Sirjohnalot

I’ve been very much back the manager, but I’m so disappointed today, I’m afraid I’m drifting away.

I’m probably a couple of games ahead of you, I was where you are after Blackburn (probably Rotherham, but I didn’t want to admit it to myself).

Despite the late collapse, I thought we may have turned a corner when Joe Allen made our midfield tick Tuesday, but it was clearly a false dawn.

Wingbacks aside, we’ve got a good squad. We should be playing much better than we are and picking up more points than we are. Unfortunately, the buck stops at the top.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:13 - Aug 20 with 962 viewsswan65split

At least 4 never put a shift in today Allen , superb, Piroe, right off form, forget the 15 -20 mill, and extra players, add Nicham and Cabango, and the super trooper today

2 strikers/widemen out on loan and young Congreve comes on and plays like an old fashioned winger.

Confidence is shot, and looks a bit grim after today, some of the crowd tried to lift it , about time a few players , staff and club try to do the same.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:15 - Aug 20 with 951 viewsScotia

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:12 - Aug 20 by jack247

I’m probably a couple of games ahead of you, I was where you are after Blackburn (probably Rotherham, but I didn’t want to admit it to myself).

Despite the late collapse, I thought we may have turned a corner when Joe Allen made our midfield tick Tuesday, but it was clearly a false dawn.

Wingbacks aside, we’ve got a good squad. We should be playing much better than we are and picking up more points than we are. Unfortunately, the buck stops at the top.

Absolutely where I am too.
Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 19:27 - Aug 20 with 914 viewsjasper_T

Swansea City v Luton Town : Matchday Thread 22/23 on 18:37 - Aug 20 by Gwyn737

There's definitely been a desperation that this manager be The Man to bring us glory, even more so than usual despite not actually achieving anything of note in his career to date. At least when I was being savaged for "trying to destabilise the club" by criticising Graham Potter there were his Ostersunds exploits to point to, and few knew how good the kids picked up off a local park actually were.

There was 10x the "process" in Potter's single season than we've seen from Martin so far. Where Potter tinkered and rotated through a big squad of unproven talent, leading to a much-improved (goalkeeper excepted) second half of the season with a settled shape, Martin had his plan on day one and attempts to deviate have been one step forward one step back. Then another step back to sign his former players. He's had two transfer windows and we're still looking at putting square pegs in badly-carved holes. A few million in signings sent out on loan or banished to the reserves.

Expect another press release during the week where a player lets us know that they love playing this type of football, as if that matters to anyone but Russell Martin.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024