Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTM 22:13 - Jan 7 with 3795 viewsswan_si

why is "man of the match" now called "player of the match", I mean it's played with 22 men, 23 if you include the ref, on the pitch.
MOTM on 22:20 - Jan 7 with 2025 viewsWhiterockin

You also have player of the match in women's football.
MOTM on 22:32 - Jan 7 with 1991 viewsswan_si

MOTM on 22:20 - Jan 7 by Whiterockin

You also have player of the match in women's football.

In the mens game its always been MOTM, why change it now, if its a game with mixed sex teams then I can understand it.
MOTM on 22:37 - Jan 7 with 1977 viewsWhiterockin

MOTM on 22:32 - Jan 7 by swan_si

In the mens game its always been MOTM, why change it now, if its a game with mixed sex teams then I can understand it.

I explained in my post above.
MOTM on 22:45 - Jan 7 with 1957 viewsswan_si

MOTM on 22:37 - Jan 7 by Whiterockin

Actually you explained nothing. Stating its done in the women's game is not an explanation. I asked why has it changed from MOTM to POTM when its played by men.
MOTM on 23:12 - Jan 7 with 1916 viewsGixerJack

MOTM on 22:45 - Jan 7 by swan_si

Actually you explained nothing. Stating its done in the women's game is not an explanation. I asked why has it changed from MOTM to POTM when its played by men.

Just be glad it hasn’t changed to Player Of Soccer Match
MOTM on 23:14 - Jan 7 with 1915 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Fashion, equivalence between men and women. A bit like batters in cricket

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

MOTM on 23:17 - Jan 7 with 1896 viewsraynor94

MOTM on 22:32 - Jan 7 by swan_si

It's just sheer madness, I still remember the women's euros, when the commentator said White needed 1 goal to equal Rooney's record

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

MOTM on 23:48 - Jan 7 with 1865 viewsSTID2017

I agree though no need to change it in all Male games

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

MOTM on 02:21 - Jan 8 with 1801 viewsDr_Parnassus

You didn’t, you explained why it was that way in the women’s game.

But men are still men last time I checked.

Although the line is increasingly and internationally getting blurred.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

MOTM on 04:47 - Jan 8 with 1814 viewsangryjack

Because in this crazy messed up world,someone might identify themselves as a Mars bar,and it would have to be Mars bar of the match
MOTM on 06:30 - Jan 8 with 1787 viewsbuilthjack

MOTM on 04:47 - Jan 8 by angryjack

Because in this crazy messed up world,someone might identify themselves as a Mars bar,and it would have to be Mars bar of the match

Battered?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

MOTM on 06:31 - Jan 8 with 1783 viewsKeithHaynes

I thought Man of the match was copyrighted ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

MOTM on 07:15 - Jan 8 with 1747 viewsSullutaCreturned

Maybe we should change it to.....MVP

Why can't it stay MOTM in the mens game and be WOTM in the womens game, have we really become that absurd that we are not allowed to differentiate between men and women?
MOTM on 07:53 - Jan 8 with 1718 viewsBoundy

MOTM on 07:15 - Jan 8 by SullutaCreturned

Maybe we should change it to.....MVP

Why can't it stay MOTM in the mens game and be WOTM in the womens game, have we really become that absurd that we are not allowed to differentiate between men and women?

In answer to your hypothetical question , yes

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

MOTM on 08:40 - Jan 8 with 1684 viewsSirjohnalot

Does it really matter ?
MOTM on 08:58 - Jan 8 with 1673 viewsCountyJim

I have refed women's games they use terms like man on and mark your man

They don't have a problem
MOTM on 09:05 - Jan 8 with 1667 viewsGwyn737

MOTM on 08:40 - Jan 8 by Sirjohnalot

Does it really matter ?

It doesn’t at all in this instance.

When having discussions on this subject there will be times when it’s really important. This isn’t one of them.
MOTM on 09:30 - Jan 8 with 1641 viewsswan_si

I think the lunatics really are taking over the asylum.
MOTM on 09:31 - Jan 8 with 1632 viewsswan_si

Does it really matter ?

it must have mattered to someone otherwise why change it.
MOTM on 09:37 - Jan 8 with 1623 viewsSirjohnalot

MOTM on 09:31 - Jan 8 by swan_si

it must have mattered to someone otherwise why change it.

I’d imagine it was done to make it the same across mens and women’s football, if it becomes the norm to say ‘player of the match ‘ then when it comes to a presenter in the women’s game they don’t say ‘well done you’re man of the match ‘ to them.

Really don’t see a problem
MOTM on 09:56 - Jan 8 with 1591 viewsGwyn737

MOTM on 09:37 - Jan 8 by Sirjohnalot

I’d imagine it was done to make it the same across mens and women’s football, if it becomes the norm to say ‘player of the match ‘ then when it comes to a presenter in the women’s game they don’t say ‘well done you’re man of the match ‘ to them.

Really don’t see a problem

It’s no a problem and getting excited about simple stuff like this muddies the waters when important parts of the issue need debate.
MOTM on 10:46 - Jan 8 with 1549 viewsswan_si

And your Aunt no longer needs balls to be your uncle
MOTM on 11:45 - Jan 8 with 1474 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does it really matter ?

It does to many, maybe not this specific example, but that’s how the left change language and culture. By doing it slowly and gradually so any pushback they can stop on that specific example and say “but it’s only…. “.

Gender is getting merged and a lot of people feel their identity is being eroded. For example the word mother is banned in some people in place of “birthing person”. These subtle tweaks to language are intentional and culturally important.

This all started with people saying “does it really matter if someone wants to be called whatever they like”… now we have people facing punishment, both financial and societal for not complying.

So it’s about the bigger picture not the issues in isolation. There is absolutely no need to “de-gender” language in the men’s game.

MOTM on 11:53 - Jan 8 with 1477 viewsSirjohnalot

MOTM on 11:45 - Jan 8 by Dr_Parnassus

It does to many, maybe not this specific example, but that’s how the left change language and culture. By doing it slowly and gradually so any pushback they can stop on that specific example and say “but it’s only…. “.

Gender is getting merged and a lot of people feel their identity is being eroded. For example the word mother is banned in some people in place of “birthing person”. These subtle tweaks to language are intentional and culturally important.

This all started with people saying “does it really matter if someone wants to be called whatever they like”… now we have people facing punishment, both financial and societal for not complying.

So it’s about the bigger picture not the issues in isolation. There is absolutely no need to “de-gender” language in the men’s game.

I disagree but have a lovely day
MOTM on 12:03 - Jan 8 with 1444 viewsDr_Parnassus

MOTM on 11:53 - Jan 8 by Sirjohnalot

I disagree but have a lovely day

Which part do you disagree with? And why?

Otherwise it is coming off as intentionally provocative to keep saying “have a lovely day” while refusing to discuss the point at hand. I assume because you know there is far more to back up what I say than what you say.

As an aside, what I said is not an opinion, it was a fact. People DO feel their identities are being eroded and IT IS due to language change such as this.

That was not something to agree or disagree with.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024