Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Six Nations Thread 2023 14:13 - Jan 31 with 30384 viewsKeithHaynes

Wales team for Saturday v Ireland.

Wales: Halfpenny; Adams, North, Hawkins, Dyer; Biggar, T Williams; G Thomas, Owens (capt), Francis, Beard, Alun Wyn Jones, Morgan, Tipuric, Faletau.

Replacements: Baldwin, Carre, Lewis, Jenkins, Reffell, Webb, O Williams, Cuthbert.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 2937 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:40 - Feb 11 by waynekerr55

They have to plan for 2027 if you ask me.

Heads should roll at the WRU for whichever doughnut refused Shaun Edwards a 4 year deal and instead dealt it out to Pivac and co

Bang on
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:00 - Feb 14 with 2907 viewsmajorraglan

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 21:40 - Feb 14 by KeithHaynes

Wales players threatening to strike ?

Got to feel sorry for the players, there are about 70 players out of contract across the 4 regions and and the WRU and regions haven’t agreed funding packages. Lots of these players will have mortgages to pay and it’s a short career. With Worcester and Wasps having gone bust this season, I reckon a lot of the players are going to have to accept a cut in wages while the stand out performers will be snapped up by the big English and French teams.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:23 - Feb 14 with 2889 viewsonehunglow

God help us all.
It’s beyond parody

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:31 - Feb 14 with 2893 viewsmagicdaps10

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:00 - Feb 14 by majorraglan

Got to feel sorry for the players, there are about 70 players out of contract across the 4 regions and and the WRU and regions haven’t agreed funding packages. Lots of these players will have mortgages to pay and it’s a short career. With Worcester and Wasps having gone bust this season, I reckon a lot of the players are going to have to accept a cut in wages while the stand out performers will be snapped up by the big English and French teams.

Won't be such a bad thing aslong as they lower the cap rule......will affect us outside the international window during games.

Let the boys go off and play in England and France and let younger players play more regularly for the regions.......it will benefit us and them in time.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 12:20 - Feb 16 with 2779 viewsbuilthjack

I see the Welsh team walked out of a sponsors dinner after one hour last night. Ate their grub and just got up and left.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 13:59 - Feb 16 with 2738 viewsmagicdaps10

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 12:20 - Feb 16 by builthjack

I see the Welsh team walked out of a sponsors dinner after one hour last night. Ate their grub and just got up and left.

Made sure they ate their food 😂 real statement that.

It's good that normal people are standing up to these people in power who make mistake after mistake but this striking is starting to get a bit boring now.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 14:57 - Feb 16 with 2707 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:31 - Feb 14 by magicdaps10

Won't be such a bad thing aslong as they lower the cap rule......will affect us outside the international window during games.

Let the boys go off and play in England and France and let younger players play more regularly for the regions.......it will benefit us and them in time.

The 60 cap rule is bizarre
It’s simply a form of blackmailing players to play in Wales
There should be two regions. West Wales based in Swansea ,East Wales based in Cardiff.
Forget Scarlets and Dragons .

I do not blame players at all.

WRU ,the worst run Union .

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:10 - Feb 16 with 2678 viewsmajorraglan

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 12:20 - Feb 16 by builthjack

This isn’t good news. I totally get where the players are coming from, but if I were a sponsor I’d be fuming. Meeting the players etc is a big thing for the sponsors and the players walking out would probably alienate them. If I were a sponsor I’d be telling the WRU I’m withdrawing my sponsorship and asking for my money back.
Login to get fewer ads

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:15 - Feb 16 with 2668 viewsmajorraglan

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 14:57 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

The 60 cap rule is bizarre
It’s simply a form of blackmailing players to play in Wales
There should be two regions. West Wales based in Swansea ,East Wales based in Cardiff.
Forget Scarlets and Dragons .

I do not blame players at all.

WRU ,the worst run Union .

The 2 Region concept will never work, not only won’t it provide a critical mass in terms of numbers it won’t attract the fans. There is no way on earth Scarlets supporters will support a West Wales team based in Swansea nor will Osprey supporters follow a team based at PYS. Same up in East Wales, you won’t find many Ponty fans or Gwent Rugby supporters following Cardiff.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:01 - Feb 16 with 2625 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:15 - Feb 16 by majorraglan

The 2 Region concept will never work, not only won’t it provide a critical mass in terms of numbers it won’t attract the fans. There is no way on earth Scarlets supporters will support a West Wales team based in Swansea nor will Osprey supporters follow a team based at PYS. Same up in East Wales, you won’t find many Ponty fans or Gwent Rugby supporters following Cardiff.

They have a choice
Their players will leave for countries they can earn a living or play amateur
Valleys people were similiary affected
Llanelli is a small town , Swansea overshadows it as does Cardiff in the east
It is an obvious solution

The Loughor bridge isn’t the malmo /Denmark bridge

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:34 - Feb 17 with 2508 viewsmax936

Ospreys having their arses handed to them out in Munster down 27-3 HT

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:44 - Feb 17 with 2499 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 21:40 - Feb 14 by KeithHaynes

Wales players threatening to strike ?

Indeed and Gatland refusing to support them.
Can’t see training being much fun,putting yourself through pain when your future is uncertain whilst the coach is set fair.
I reckon Gatland has changed and not for the better

He seems softer

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 22:05 - Feb 17 with 2466 viewsmajorraglan

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 20:01 - Feb 16 by onehunglow

They have a choice
Their players will leave for countries they can earn a living or play amateur
Valleys people were similiary affected
Llanelli is a small town , Swansea overshadows it as does Cardiff in the east
It is an obvious solution

The Loughor bridge isn’t the malmo /Denmark bridge

Llanelli is a small town, however its catchment area is much wider than just Turkville, they are the main team for Carmarthenshire, Pembrokeshire and Ceredigion. They also draw in a lot of support from the Gorseinon and Swansea west area. I appreciate the Swansea area is quite large but a lot of Neath rugby people and to an extent Aberavon Rugby people won’t support the Os.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 12:37 - Feb 21 with 2165 viewstheloneranger

"Wales cancelled their planned team announcement for Saturday’s crunch Six Nations with England at the 11th hour on Tuesday - leaving the game in serious doubt as their players continue to still threaten strike action."

"Head coach Warren Gatland had planned to name his side for the Principality Stadium clash at midday, but that has now been put back to later in the week."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 13:54 - Feb 21 with 2149 viewsTogg

Predict a score this weekend.
Wales turmoil on and off the field. What's new.
England by 12
France to sneak past Scotland
Ireland to beat Italy.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:22 - Feb 21 with 2087 viewsKeithHaynes

Gatland latest.

Wales head coach Warren Gatland has delayed naming his team for Saturday's under-threat Guinness Six Nations clash against England in Cardiff.

Gatland had been due to announce his starting line-up at midday on Tuesday, although the New Zealander will still front a scheduled press conference at Wales’ training base.

Whether the game goes ahead remains in doubt amid Welsh rugby’s contractual chaos and possibility of a players’ strike.

Talks between negotiators of a new six-year financial agreement — the Professional Rugby Board — and Welsh professional players are due to take place on Wednesday.

"I am confident that with the discussions taking place hopefully something will get resolved today," the Wales head coach said on Tuesday.

"There have probably been half a dozen meetings over the last few days.

"Today was supposed to be a double (training) session, but we have kept it to just this morning so we are not training this afternoon. Hopefully, those things get resolved and the boys turn up on Thursday raring to go for Saturday.

"I am hearing positive things from both sides. Hopefully the discussions will be acceptable to both sides in terms of getting some compromise, and we can get on with the game."

Asked about the prospect of a strike if nothing is agreed, Gatland added: "I think it is a genuine threat, there is no doubt about that.

"Having spoken to a few people today, I am confident that we will get some resolution.

"What the players were asking for is definitely reasonable. There needs to be some negotiation. It's like everything, you have to find some middle ground.

"Hopefully, in the discussions today there will be some middle ground where the players are happy and the Professional Rugby Board are also happy with some of the decisions they make as well.

"The thing is, when you are in discussions, it is not always about win-win for one side. You have to find some compromise."

The players want Wales’ minimum 60-cap selection rule for players plying their trade outside the country to be scrapped, a designated seat at PRB meetings for the players association, and a review of proposed fixed-variable contracts.

Those contracts would guarantee a player only 80% of their salary, with the remaining 20% comprising bonuses, and is the players’ major grievance.

No long-form agreement between the Welsh Rugby Union and Wales’ four professional regions — Cardiff, Dragons, Ospreys and Scarlets — has yet been agreed in writing, meaning players whose contracts expire at the end of this season currently cannot be offered new deals.

With the clock ticking and player unrest having escalated, Gatland must somehow prepare for a game that comes on the back of Wales suffering comprehensive defeats in their opening Six Nations fixtures against Ireland and Scotland.

It is the first time for 16 years that Wales have lost their first two championship games, while three defeats from the start last happened during their 2003 Six Nations campaign under head coach Steve Hansen.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:05 - Feb 22 with 1977 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s game on.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:14 - Feb 22 with 1971 viewstheloneranger

Match is on. More contract talks next week, but the 60 - cap selection rule is reduced to 25.

My team ...

15 Liam Williams

14 LR-Z

13 Mason Grady

12 Keiron Williams

11 Josh Adams

10 Dan Biggar

9 Rhys Webb

8 Taulupe Faletau

7 Jac Morgan

6 Chris Tshiunza

5 AWJ

4 Dafydd Jenkins

3 Tom Francis

2 Ken Owens

1 Gareth Thomas

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 23:08 - Feb 22 with 1868 viewsmax936

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 18:14 - Feb 22 by theloneranger

Match is on. More contract talks next week, but the 60 - cap selection rule is reduced to 25.

My team ...

15 Liam Williams

14 LR-Z

13 Mason Grady

12 Keiron Williams

11 Josh Adams

10 Dan Biggar

9 Rhys Webb

8 Taulupe Faletau

7 Jac Morgan

6 Chris Tshiunza

5 AWJ

4 Dafydd Jenkins

3 Tom Francis

2 Ken Owens

1 Gareth Thomas

There's only one outcome for the game on Saturday and that's with us losing unfortunately.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 06:58 - Feb 23 with 1832 viewsTogg

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 23:08 - Feb 22 by max936

There's only one outcome for the game on Saturday and that's with us losing unfortunately.

Agree. We are a mess on and off the pitch.
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:19 - Feb 23 with 1737 viewstheloneranger

Gatland's team v England ...

Wales: 15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Josh Adams, 13 Mason Grady, 12 Joe Hawkins, 11 Louis Res-Zammit, 10 Owen Williams, 9 Tomos Williams; 1 Gareth Thomas, 2 Ken Owens (c), 3 Tomas Francis, 4 Alun Wyn Jones, 5 Adam Beard, 6 Christ Tshiunza, 7 Justin Tipuric, 8 Taulupe Faletau.

Replacements: 16 Bradley Roberts, 17 Rhys Carre, 18 Dillon Lewis, 19 Dafydd Jenkins, 20 Tommy Reffell, 21 Kieran Hardy, 22 Dan Biggar, 23 Nick Tompkins.

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 01:06 - Feb 24 with 1658 viewsRobbie

Of the starting line up on Saturday , I recongnise Tipuric , AWJ and Halfpenny .

As a supporter of our National team and somebody who went with my father to the old Arms Park to support my Wales , what a disappointment .

I do not have any subscribtion channels , so rely on old fashioned tele for coverage , that avenue is long gone now , the cash is more valuable now than the fans who cherished that precious ticket to watch Wales .

Looks like the goose that laid that golden egg has flown away , money has gone .

As an aside , just read up , Ospreys have 50 professional players in their squad .
How do you balance them books .
Six Nations Thread 2023 on 10:10 - Feb 24 with 1627 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 01:06 - Feb 24 by Robbie

Of the starting line up on Saturday , I recongnise Tipuric , AWJ and Halfpenny .

As a supporter of our National team and somebody who went with my father to the old Arms Park to support my Wales , what a disappointment .

I do not have any subscribtion channels , so rely on old fashioned tele for coverage , that avenue is long gone now , the cash is more valuable now than the fans who cherished that precious ticket to watch Wales .

Looks like the goose that laid that golden egg has flown away , money has gone .

As an aside , just read up , Ospreys have 50 professional players in their squad .
How do you balance them books .

As I see it,the problem with Welsh rugby when it went professional was that the old intent won spats stopped us from combining or uniting into a region.
Wales doesn’t really do regions as do others .

It had to go professional to stop the flow of talent to Rugby League .

The attitude of the WRU was toxic then and nothing has changed

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:48 - Feb 24 with 1581 viewsKeithHaynes

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 10:10 - Feb 24 by onehunglow

As I see it,the problem with Welsh rugby when it went professional was that the old intent won spats stopped us from combining or uniting into a region.
Wales doesn’t really do regions as do others .

It had to go professional to stop the flow of talent to Rugby League .

The attitude of the WRU was toxic then and nothing has changed

And welcome back home 👏

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 17:11 - Feb 24 with 1571 viewsonehunglow

Six Nations Thread 2023 on 16:48 - Feb 24 by KeithHaynes

And welcome back home 👏

I’ve never been away, I’ve been awaiting letters from the Swans and from your brother for a straightener at Wigan.
I ll fight him so long as I can leave my glasses on and my hearing aids .
I could recount tales of the old days down The Rank.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024