Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? 18:08 - Apr 24 with 5036 viewsKeithHaynes

I would be interested to know your views.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:22 - Apr 24 with 3640 viewspencoedjack

Inferiority complex due to being so ugly amongst the beautiful people of Swansea?

He grew up in Ponty which is full of ugly people.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 18:25]
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:38 - Apr 24 with 3603 viewsWhiterockin

He thought he was better than he was and got his cumupance when he didn't get the job he thought he could get. Burnt his bridges and there was no way back so he was put on gardening leave until he got another opportunity to leave by mutual consent. Had a good season with Forest but this season has been poor even after spending a fortune. Who knows what the future holds for him, who really cares, apart from him being an ex manager.
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:39 - Apr 24 with 3599 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:22 - Apr 24 by pencoedjack

Inferiority complex due to being so ugly amongst the beautiful people of Swansea?

Oy my Mrs is from pontypridd 😆
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:41 - Apr 24 with 3579 viewsRhonnda_Jack

Steve Left because of the owners moving the goal posts on budgets and backing. Realising he was never gonna have a squad that could do him justice.
Would love to see Steve incharge of wales one day...
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 19:15 - Apr 24 with 3507 viewspencoedjack

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:39 - Apr 24 by Rhonnda_Jack

There’s 1 or 2 exceptions 👍
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:00 - Apr 24 with 3444 viewsGixerJack

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:39 - Apr 24 by Rhonnda_Jack

Yeah but she moved 😂🤣😂
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:04 - Apr 24 with 3420 viewsvetchonian

to allow Russell Martin the platform he deserves

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:18 - Apr 24 with 3388 viewsonehunglow

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:22 - Apr 24 by pencoedjack

He was simply too ugly to manage our beautiful club.

My missus is traumatised every time she sees his mug

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:20 - Apr 24 with 3391 viewsguthrieintherain

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:41 - Apr 24 by Rhonnda_Jack

Steve Left because of the owners moving the goal posts on budgets and backing. Realising he was never gonna have a squad that could do him justice.

Yes we should of let him sign 32 players like he has at Forest be playing them again next season

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:22 - Apr 24 with 3382 viewsDr_Winston

Petulance.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:24 - Apr 24 with 3373 viewsBoundy

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 18:41 - Apr 24 by Rhonnda_Jack

I wonder what you consider the squad he wants to do him justice would be ,looking at the money thrown at Forest I'd say he's had a fair crack of the whip and looks to be failing

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:30 - Apr 24 with 3357 viewsBadlands

Bottled promotion twice with a squad that should have been promoted.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:48 - Apr 24 with 3317 viewsWhiterockin

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:30 - Apr 24 by Badlands

Bottled promotion twice with a squad that should have been promoted.

Is that the reason he left?
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:33 - Apr 25 with 3071 viewsSullutaCreturned

I think he left because he realised the owners were not going to buy the players he wanted, I say that with hindsight obviosuly.

I look at Martin now and think that if he sticls with what he's done this last 2 months AND the owners bring in who he wants then we may have a good chance next season.

IF, as seems likely, they keep pulling the plig, changing the rules and letting him down we will get nowhere. I'm not saying spend like Forest have but we need to take a measured gamble. If the owners had done that in January we may be shoe ins for the play offs by now.
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:44 - Apr 25 with 3058 viewsKeithHaynes

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:33 - Apr 25 by SullutaCreturned

I think he left because he realised the owners were not going to buy the players he wanted, I say that with hindsight obviosuly.

I look at Martin now and think that if he sticls with what he's done this last 2 months AND the owners bring in who he wants then we may have a good chance next season.

IF, as seems likely, they keep pulling the plig, changing the rules and letting him down we will get nowhere. I'm not saying spend like Forest have but we need to take a measured gamble. If the owners had done that in January we may be shoe ins for the play offs by now.

I can see them trying a Cooper on Martin as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:59 - Apr 25 with 3030 viewspencoedjack

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 20:33 - Apr 25 by SullutaCreturned

Hate to go over ground that’s been gone over to death but it’s blatantly obvious if Martin had used the players he had properly before & after the transfer window we’d be in the play offs.
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 21:11 - Apr 25 with 3022 viewsQJumpingJack

Why did Cooper leave?
Probably to do with the transfer strategy in January 2021. He couldn't bring in a striker he wanted.
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 21:53 - Apr 25 with 2963 viewsBarryTownSwam

Looked at the squad a few days after the Brentford defeat, all his star loans gone, Ayew gone, players likely uk be sold but not replaced, and thought “sod this, the good times have gone, will be much tougher next year, let’s call it quits whilst my stock is high” 👎
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 22:00 - Apr 25 with 2948 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 21:11 - Apr 25 by QJumpingJack

Why did Cooper leave?
Probably to do with the transfer strategy in January 2021. He couldn't bring in a striker he wanted.

We had a striker that was on a reported £80000 a week and scored numerous goals for us at this level and also in the premier league. We also had Jamal Lowe who scored a decent number of goals. We also had a striker in Gyokeres who barely played a game for us who then subsequently left and became one of the championships top strikers almost immediately. Could say the same about Surridge the year before.

Add Brewster into the mix and Steve Cooper never ever had a shortage of good strikers or players that could put the ball in the net. His dour boring rigid safety first football undoubtedly got results but didn’t exactly create a platform for good attacking players to shine.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 22:00 - Apr 25 with 2948 viewsKilkennyjack

The Sun was threatening to break the story of his childhood romance with Charlotte Church … ?

Beware of the Risen People

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 22:09 - Apr 25 with 2924 viewsjohnlangy

Correct.
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 22:25 - Apr 25 with 2894 viewsmajorraglan

I’d be interested to know your views .
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 22:50 - Apr 25 with 2849 viewsmajorraglan

I tend to agree with you. I think he knew he wasn’t going to get backed, felt he’d had taken the club as far as he could and that was it. Wasn’t there also speculation about a move to another club and potentially compensation being an issue? Maybe he felt let down.

I don’t agree with the comments about blowing the chance to go back up, there were stronger teams in the Division than the Swans and there are no givens. Leeds went up as Champions in 19/20 and West Brom (who came down the same time as Swansea) were runners up. WB, Brentford and Fulham were all separated by 2 points - the latter two were 11 points clear of the Swans. The following season it was Norwich and Watford who bounced back to the PL, both would have been recently been receiving far more funds (parachute payments) than Swansea. Brentford were 3rd in the league (for the second successive season) and 7 points clear of the Swans in 4th.

I think Cooper over achieved, but others will disagree.
[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 10:11]
Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 23:58 - Apr 25 with 2803 viewsDr_Parnassus

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 22:00 - Apr 25 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

We had a striker that was on a reported £80000 a week and scored numerous goals for us at this level and also in the premier league. We also had Jamal Lowe who scored a decent number of goals. We also had a striker in Gyokeres who barely played a game for us who then subsequently left and became one of the championships top strikers almost immediately. Could say the same about Surridge the year before.

Add Brewster into the mix and Steve Cooper never ever had a shortage of good strikers or players that could put the ball in the net. His dour boring rigid safety first football undoubtedly got results but didn’t exactly create a platform for good attacking players to shine.

Being on £80k a week doesn’t mean you are worth it. Of which Ayew most certainly wasn’t.

Ask Sunderland fans about Jack Rodwell.

As I keep saying, Ayews contract was a hindrance not a benefit. You take a Piroe all day who is on 15% of that.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 00:19 - Apr 26 with 2795 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Why do you think Steve Cooper left Swansea City ? on 23:58 - Apr 25 by Dr_Parnassus

Being on £80k a week doesn’t mean you are worth it. Of which Ayew most certainly wasn’t.

Ask Sunderland fans about Jack Rodwell.

As I keep saying, Ayews contract was a hindrance not a benefit. You take a Piroe all day who is on 15% of that.

Of course he wasn’t worth that wage. It was stupid for a championship club to be paying that but our idiotic owners sanctioned it with no thought as to what would happen in the event of relegation because they are/were completely clueless.

But taking his wage out of the equation as a striker (not even his natural position imo) he was well above average for this league. He’s scored goals in the premier league and at numerous world cups. Only a fool would suggest he wasn’t one of the best around. Lowe was very hit and Miss but generally had a good record. Gyokeres is probably the best striker in the division apart from Piroe but only had ten minutes here and there under cooper who clearly didn’t rate him.

Cooper cannot moan about not having a striker when he had some of the very best this league has seen in the last few years.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024