Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chairman Andy Coleman 09:55 - Jul 7 with 2990 viewssw02sea

After my early blast of enthusiasm concerning the “New” investors, and the appointment of Duff, Watson and the 2 new signings, I’m starting to get a slight uneasy feeling with our Chairman.
His “significant” investment that hasn’t been registered in Companies house (yet?) is starting to ring small alarm bells for me.
Remember a certain Chris Pearlman anyone?
Same nice grey shiny suit, all the way from so good they named it twice, New York.
His mission statement when he came in 2016 was:

“I’m pleased and excited to be given the opportunity to help grow the Swansea City brand on a global basis. The club has a rich history and a fantastic story to tell. It will be my job to help tap into that from a commercial perspective, including the utilisation of new revenue streams and markets”

I hope Andy Coleman’s rhetoric is backed up with fundamental changes in the way we are run as a profession Championship set up, and not the smoke & mirrors of the past.

Let’s hope he takes the advice of his father, for the future of our football club.

‘Andy, don’t tell me what you are going to do, show me what you’ve done’.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 10:37 - Jul 7 with 2399 viewsguthrieintherain

He only been here 5 minutes give him a chance.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Chairman Andy Coleman on 11:15 - Jul 7 with 2357 viewsraynor94

Here we go, knew it was to good for the optimism to last

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chairman Andy Coleman on 11:45 - Jul 7 with 2330 viewsKeithHaynes

To the OP a he can still be an investor even if it isn’t directly into the club.

Pretty certain he’s legit on that front.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Chairman Andy Coleman on 12:17 - Jul 7 with 2273 viewsDr_Winston

Let's be honest, if he was. Andy Coleman from Bristol he wouldn't be getting half as much stick as he has already.

There remains a strong undercurrent of snobbery that runs close and often veers into bigotry when it comes to Americans and football.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 13:13 - Jul 7 with 2180 viewsFireboy2

Chairman Andy Coleman on 12:17 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

Let's be honest, if he was. Andy Coleman from Bristol he wouldn't be getting half as much stick as he has already.

There remains a strong undercurrent of snobbery that runs close and often veers into bigotry when it comes to Americans and football.

Well they don't have a good rep not just with us.
Chairman Andy Coleman on 13:40 - Jul 7 with 2127 viewsBoundy

Chairman Andy Coleman on 12:17 - Jul 7 by Dr_Winston

Regarding your last paragraph , I wouldn't call it snobbery , but maybe a mistrust of their intentions . Looking at Man Utd for example , their incurred debt has been loaded against the Club something all supporters should be concerned about . Looking at cardiff its not just some American owners who seem to have no idea how football in this country works ,(or should )

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Chairman Andy Coleman on 14:26 - Jul 7 with 2089 viewsQJumpingJack

In the last seven years - various executives have made great promises but have not delivered.

Lets hope Coleman makes a difference and learns about Championship football very quickly.

The previous regime ie Jenkins and Morgan never went public to promise things they could not deliver.
Chairman Andy Coleman on 15:54 - Jul 7 with 2012 viewsjasper_T

Chairman Andy Coleman on 14:26 - Jul 7 by QJumpingJack

In the last seven years - various executives have made great promises but have not delivered.

Lets hope Coleman makes a difference and learns about Championship football very quickly.

The previous regime ie Jenkins and Morgan never went public to promise things they could not deliver.

Except when Jenkins promised that the new owners would deliver the next level.
Login to get fewer ads

Chairman Andy Coleman on 15:56 - Jul 7 with 2012 viewsguthrieintherain

Chairman Andy Coleman on 14:26 - Jul 7 by QJumpingJack

Where would we be without them not seen to many jumping in with cash to spend over the last 7 years.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:11 - Jul 7 with 1988 viewsGVJack

"Andy, don’t tell me what you are going to do, show me what you’ve done’."

If he did follow his father's advice as you suggest then he would be blamed for having no vision and not being transparent and engaging with supporters!

I'm excited by him, Watson and Duff. This is the beginning of a new Era and I'm very excited about it.

We will be back in the promised land within the next 3 seasons.
Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:12 - Jul 7 with 1980 viewsKeithHaynes

Chairman Andy Coleman on 15:54 - Jul 7 by jasper_T

Except when Jenkins promised that the new owners would deliver the next level.

Foolish thing to say.
How can anyone predict the future.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:48 - Jul 7 with 1934 viewsmagicdaps10

Well my view is, on the face of it after his first initial post about stories being leaked, Coleman has made a good effort to keep engaged and communicate with the fans.

I may add, I have heard some stories from a few who have dealt with him personally and he is a bit of a snake who can put the show on when needed..........it might be what's needed as a chairman and I will certainly give him time and hope that he does a good job here.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:50 - Jul 7 with 1929 viewsSullutaCreturned

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:12 - Jul 7 by KeithHaynes

Foolish thing to say.

I predict the day after tomorrow will be Sunday.

I predict my son wont get ut of bed before noon tomorrow.

I further predict our dog will wake me up at around 5am to take him for a walk.

Lets wait and see
Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:50 - Jul 7 with 1929 viewsFireboy2

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:12 - Jul 7 by KeithHaynes

Foolish thing to say.

They should have said fook all then.
Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:53 - Jul 7 with 1917 viewsKeithHaynes

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:50 - Jul 7 by SullutaCreturned

I predict the day after tomorrow will be Sunday.

I predict my son wont get ut of bed before noon tomorrow.

I further predict our dog will wake me up at around 5am to take him for a walk.

Lets wait and see

No more free radical than folk.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 17:23 - Jul 7 with 1882 viewsQJumpingJack

Rewind to 2016 - Levien

2022 - Silverstein

Chairman Andy Coleman on 20:49 - Jul 7 with 1781 viewsKeithHaynes

It’s like a repeated speech by a politician. I remember Bush reading one of Blair’s word for word weeks after Blair said it.

Both a pair of shysters.

On the plus side, we are so far ahead this summer on all fronts there’s no cause for concern.

I think Coleman has massive aspirations to take eventual full control.

And I haven’t had a bevy for four days.

Till now.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 21:47 - Jul 7 with 1712 viewsReslovenSwan1

Is Coleman part of the Levien / Silverstein group or the Morris / Cravatt group.? There are no videos of the two groups intermixing. The latter I presume.

I presume the £1m additional investment by the Levien / SIlverstein group was an adjustment to allow them to keep a 51% holding after Morris and co outlined their funds.

It looks like Levien and co wish to share the load. Levien and Silverstein are experienced football investors so Morris and co are presumably happy to let them keep a majority holding but perhaps wanted Coleman to be taking decisions at the coalface.

Coleman's and Cravatt's investment may have gone into the clubs convertible loan note.

I am in no doubt none of this investment would have happened if the Trust had declined to make an agreement. I congratulate them for putting the club first for once in recent times. Doing the right thing will never go down well with fans.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2023 21:49]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Chairman Andy Coleman on 22:10 - Jul 7 with 1662 viewsReslovenSwan1

Chairman Andy Coleman on 20:49 - Jul 7 by KeithHaynes

It’s like a repeated speech by a politician. I remember Bush reading one of Blair’s word for word weeks after Blair said it.

Both a pair of shysters.

On the plus side, we are so far ahead this summer on all fronts there’s no cause for concern.

I think Coleman has massive aspirations to take eventual full control.

And I haven’t had a bevy for four days.

Till now.

The investment of fresh cash into Swansea by these Americans dwarfs the total combined investment of all Welsh owners and others ever.

The fans ownership has been a total calamity. They were worth £21m in 2016.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Chairman Andy Coleman on 22:18 - Jul 7 with 1650 viewsKeithHaynes

Chairman Andy Coleman on 22:10 - Jul 7 by ReslovenSwan1

The investment of fresh cash into Swansea by these Americans dwarfs the total combined investment of all Welsh owners and others ever.

The fans ownership has been a total calamity. They were worth £21m in 2016.

I genuinely thought you said American dwarfs.

Chairman Andy Coleman on 22:55 - Jul 7 with 1581 viewsmax936

Chairman Andy Coleman on 16:48 - Jul 7 by magicdaps10

Well my view is, on the face of it after his first initial post about stories being leaked, Coleman has made a good effort to keep engaged and communicate with the fans.

I may add, I have heard some stories from a few who have dealt with him personally and he is a bit of a snake who can put the show on when needed..........it might be what's needed as a chairman and I will certainly give him time and hope that he does a good job here.

No wonder he's the new chairman if he is those things, him and Levien are two peas from the same pod.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chairman Andy Coleman on 22:58 - Jul 7 with 1579 viewsmax936

Chairman Andy Coleman on 17:23 - Jul 7 by QJumpingJack

Rewind to 2016 - Levien

2022 - Silverstein

Classic pair of snake oil salesmen.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Chairman Andy Coleman on 07:43 - Jul 8 with 1494 viewssw02sea

Chairman Andy Coleman on 22:18 - Jul 7 by KeithHaynes

I genuinely thought you said American dwarfs.

So did I 😂
Chairman Andy Coleman on 10:26 - Jul 8 with 1436 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

80 out if 90 top football clubs lose money. Is it worth investing unless you have money to burn?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Chairman Andy Coleman on 11:07 - Jul 8 with 1393 viewsWhiterockin

Chairman Andy Coleman on 10:26 - Jul 8 by JACKMANANDBOY

80 out if 90 top football clubs lose money. Is it worth investing unless you have money to burn?

It's a fact of life that many think they can do better than those before them, they seldom do.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024