Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 97694 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:01 - Aug 4 with 1838 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

The 20MPH punishments on 22:10 - Aug 3 by Kilkennyjack

20 mph is a dull idea.

Building renewable energy capability for Cymru is a good idea.

These are 2 different things.

To build renewable energy capability they need to attract investment. They are doing the opposite with these draconian laws.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

The 20MPH punishments on 09:05 - Aug 4 with 1827 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 08:54 - Aug 4 by controversial_jack

Don't get me wrong, i'm not against it at all, just that it wasn't even the case when there was real poverty around in the 60s, not like today

In the 60s we were all (well mostly) in the same boat. Now we should be able to help/subsidse those more in need.

EDIT

I'm drifting off thread I'll leave it there.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2023 9:07]
The 20MPH punishments on 13:05 - Aug 4 with 1761 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 08:54 - Aug 4 by controversial_jack

Don't get me wrong, i'm not against it at all, just that it wasn't even the case when there was real poverty around in the 60s, not like today

In the 60's there were a lot of people who ran allotments and neighbours were far more likely to share. People genuinely helped each other out back then and they didn't do it so they could boast about it on social media either.

My Grandpa and my father kept an allotment and we had fresh veg often, what we couldn't or didn't use was bartered around the family first, then the neighbours.

I'm not even sure if those allotments are still there, over in Oystermouth Castle grounds on the Norton end.

Right then, back on topic.....
The 20MPH punishments on 14:59 - Aug 4 with 1731 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 13:05 - Aug 4 by SullutaCreturned

In the 60's there were a lot of people who ran allotments and neighbours were far more likely to share. People genuinely helped each other out back then and they didn't do it so they could boast about it on social media either.

My Grandpa and my father kept an allotment and we had fresh veg often, what we couldn't or didn't use was bartered around the family first, then the neighbours.

I'm not even sure if those allotments are still there, over in Oystermouth Castle grounds on the Norton end.

Right then, back on topic.....

Absolutely, we used to grow lots of vegetables, if we had a good crop of a particular veg, we ate as much as we could then gave the rest to neighbours.

Neighbours did the same to us if they had good crops.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 17:47 - Aug 4 with 1685 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 14:59 - Aug 4 by Flashberryjack

Absolutely, we used to grow lots of vegetables, if we had a good crop of a particular veg, we ate as much as we could then gave the rest to neighbours.

During winter?
The 20MPH punishments on 07:28 - Aug 5 with 1643 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 17:47 - Aug 4 by controversial_jack

During winter?

There are lots of winter vegetables to grow and harvest, cabbages, leeks, sprouts swedes.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 09:41 - Aug 5 with 1602 viewscontroversial_jack

With respect, that's a very romanticised version of the past. I don't remember anything like that happening. I remember some kids getting free school meals though, but only term time
The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Aug 5 with 1605 viewsLuther27

The 20MPH punishments on 07:28 - Aug 5 by felixstowe_jack

There are lots of winter vegetables to grow and harvest, cabbages, leeks, sprouts swedes.

Probably won’t be allowed to do that soon unless you allocate a minimum of 10% of your plot to plant trees and hedges.
Who’d want to live in the Totalitarian State called Wales eh?
Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 10:34 - Aug 5 with 1596 viewsmax936

The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Aug 5 by Luther27

Probably won’t be allowed to do that soon unless you allocate a minimum of 10% of your plot to plant trees and hedges.

"Who’d want to live in the Totalitarian State called Wales eh?"

Its heading that way with Dreadful, if ever there was a clown who needed a good dunking in Cardiff Bay its him.

PS : - there's a few on here who may benefit from the same as well
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 10:35]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The 20MPH punishments on 11:35 - Aug 5 with 1566 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:55 - Aug 5 by Luther27

Nobody has questioned the silliness of planting trees. Yes, they absorb C02, but it will need about 50 trees for every ton of c02. They need to be planted cared for, fed, where's the energy going to come from for that. What happens to the co2 when the trees eventually die?
The 20MPH punishments on 11:42 - Aug 5 with 1557 viewsFlashberryjack

The 20MPH punishments on 09:41 - Aug 5 by controversial_jack

With respect, that's a very romanticised version of the past. I don't remember anything like that happening. I remember some kids getting free school meals though, but only term time

You may think it's "romanticised" but it happens to be true, and yes I remember free school meals and free milk, although a lot of families were to proud to claim the free meals that they were entitled to, no food banks back then.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The 20MPH punishments on 11:45 - Aug 5 with 1557 viewsLuther27

The 20MPH punishments on 11:35 - Aug 5 by controversial_jack

Nobody has questioned the silliness of planting trees. Yes, they absorb C02, but it will need about 50 trees for every ton of c02. They need to be planted cared for, fed, where's the energy going to come from for that. What happens to the co2 when the trees eventually die?

I know…read an article earlier…albeit the Mail…stated 400,000 trees planted alongside motorways etc in the UK have died.

Now I’m looking at NPT TORS…traffic orders…indicating 20mph restrictions in the NOT area. They also top the list of claiming £3.72 million from the Senedd to pay for this. That’s £3.72 million that could be used to help pensioners survive Winter or as people here have suggested help food banks etc. Some gwmp in a video has the neck to say NOT Council Tax payers won’t have to foot the bill…where the hell does the simpleton thinks the money is coming from then? A lottery win? Absolute tw*ts.
My blood pressures high now….
The 20MPH punishments on 13:25 - Aug 5 with 1530 viewsunion_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:40 - Aug 3 by ReslovenSwan1

Also coming to the British capital London which should be 100% electric or gas by now.

{New 20mph speed limit for five of London's boroughs - BBC News
The new speed limits are part of the London mayor's Vision Zero plan to eliminate road deaths and serious injury. TfL has accelerated the roll-out so that, by 2024, about 125 miles (220km) of its roads will have a 20mph speed limit. Almost all roads in the five boroughs will now be subject to the 20mph limit}

Thought you would have known about this. God save the king.

Correct, but he’s also extended ULEZ to outer regions of London. A win win for him even though as I said, the two are at odds with eachother.

There’ll be revenue from speeding fines and revenue from ULEZ. Quids in.

You can’t reduce speed limits which will lead to greater air pollution from diesel / petrol cars then try to counter act this by implementing more ULEZ areas. If the desire is zero emissions then concentrate on every issue that will get them there, not set them back.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

The 20MPH punishments on 18:34 - Aug 5 with 1505 viewshowenjack

The 20MPH punishments on 11:45 - Aug 5 by Luther27

I know…read an article earlier…albeit the Mail…stated 400,000 trees planted alongside motorways etc in the UK have died.

Now I’m looking at NPT TORS…traffic orders…indicating 20mph restrictions in the NOT area. They also top the list of claiming £3.72 million from the Senedd to pay for this. That’s £3.72 million that could be used to help pensioners survive Winter or as people here have suggested help food banks etc. Some gwmp in a video has the neck to say NOT Council Tax payers won’t have to foot the bill…where the hell does the simpleton thinks the money is coming from then? A lottery win? Absolute tw*ts.
My blood pressures high now….

Drakeford raising council tax on holiday lets will provide some funds but it will have ramifications for locals like tradespeople too. I think this is shortsighted myself.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12369089/Were-forced-sell-holiday-homes
The 20MPH punishments on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 1471 viewsLuther27

The 20MPH punishments on 18:34 - Aug 5 by howenjack

Drakeford raising council tax on holiday lets will provide some funds but it will have ramifications for locals like tradespeople too. I think this is shortsighted myself.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12369089/Were-forced-sell-holiday-homes

Strange isn’t it. Only a short time ago he was jetting to the World Cup at our expense to sell Wales to the world…let alone his jaunts around the planet prior to Covid. Why would tourists want to come to a place where a cyclist passes the bus that’s taking them to their hotel for instance.

The impact of these Ill thought plans will have on local trade and business will surely come home to roost.
The 20MPH punishments on 20:40 - Aug 5 with 1452 viewsswan65split

Nearly all the houses where i grew up had long gardens that were planted with veg etc, now from what i see they are nearly all grassed over with man caves,trampolines etc god help social media in the day if one of the gardeners lit a rubbish fire.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:42 - Aug 5 with 1427 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 19:52 - Aug 5 by Luther27

Strange isn’t it. Only a short time ago he was jetting to the World Cup at our expense to sell Wales to the world…let alone his jaunts around the planet prior to Covid. Why would tourists want to come to a place where a cyclist passes the bus that’s taking them to their hotel for instance.

The impact of these Ill thought plans will have on local trade and business will surely come home to roost.

Strange how you can fly to the world cup without a care for the environment, but don't think of driving at 25mph.
The 20MPH punishments on 22:42 - Aug 5 with 1386 viewsmajorraglan

The 20MPH punishments on 18:34 - Aug 5 by howenjack

Very interesting that the Daily Mail article has focus on Wales and has completely ignored the fact that Michael Gove and the Conservatives in Westminster are bringing in very similar legislation.

The the Conservatives currently hold all 6 of the parliamentary seats in Cornwall but all isn’t well in the County and the locals are kicking off about the lack of affordable housing in the area and that local people being priced off the market. The Conservatives are now very concerned because this is becoming a bigger and bigger problem and people are angry, in addition there’s a GE around the corner. Now second home owners are not eligible to vote in the constituencies where their holiday homes are, but guess who is eligible to vote in the Cornish constituencies? Yep, it’s the locals who’ve been priced off the market and their relatives !! Michael Gove and others have now cottoned on to this hence the prospective changes, it’s not just in Cornwall either it’s happening in places like Norfolk and Suffolk. I’d imagine the situation in Gwynedd and other parts of Wales is similar to what’s happening in parts of England.

Second home owners could have potentially got around the additional payments by switching the status of their property from a holiday home to a holiday let which I why I suspect Drakers has introduced the 183 day rule in Wales.
The DM article has highlighted a few individuals cases, but I’m not sure doubling the second home tax will have much impact because people who can afford two or three or four hundred thousand pounds or more for a holiday home are unlikely to be bothered by an extra couple of grand in council tax.

DM panning Wales and Drakers while their chums in government are looking at doing exactly the same thing!! Wonder if we’ll see a similar article having a go at Michael Gove for following the WG.

For what it’s worth, there needs to be a balance where tourism is welcomed and where local people can afford to get on the housing market.

There’s a couple developments not far from me where they’re selling executive homes starting well north of £400k, they’ve not been able to move many properties because locals are priced off the market. Builders have become greedy and we need a reset - but it’s going to be painful for lots of people.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:41 - Aug 6 with 1291 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 22:42 - Aug 5 by majorraglan

Very interesting that the Daily Mail article has focus on Wales and has completely ignored the fact that Michael Gove and the Conservatives in Westminster are bringing in very similar legislation.

The the Conservatives currently hold all 6 of the parliamentary seats in Cornwall but all isn’t well in the County and the locals are kicking off about the lack of affordable housing in the area and that local people being priced off the market. The Conservatives are now very concerned because this is becoming a bigger and bigger problem and people are angry, in addition there’s a GE around the corner. Now second home owners are not eligible to vote in the constituencies where their holiday homes are, but guess who is eligible to vote in the Cornish constituencies? Yep, it’s the locals who’ve been priced off the market and their relatives !! Michael Gove and others have now cottoned on to this hence the prospective changes, it’s not just in Cornwall either it’s happening in places like Norfolk and Suffolk. I’d imagine the situation in Gwynedd and other parts of Wales is similar to what’s happening in parts of England.

Second home owners could have potentially got around the additional payments by switching the status of their property from a holiday home to a holiday let which I why I suspect Drakers has introduced the 183 day rule in Wales.
The DM article has highlighted a few individuals cases, but I’m not sure doubling the second home tax will have much impact because people who can afford two or three or four hundred thousand pounds or more for a holiday home are unlikely to be bothered by an extra couple of grand in council tax.

DM panning Wales and Drakers while their chums in government are looking at doing exactly the same thing!! Wonder if we’ll see a similar article having a go at Michael Gove for following the WG.

For what it’s worth, there needs to be a balance where tourism is welcomed and where local people can afford to get on the housing market.

There’s a couple developments not far from me where they’re selling executive homes starting well north of £400k, they’ve not been able to move many properties because locals are priced off the market. Builders have become greedy and we need a reset - but it’s going to be painful for lots of people.

The Daily Mail....enough said. Just read the sports page and ignore the rest.
The 20MPH punishments on 09:30 - Aug 7 with 1248 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 08:48 - Aug 4 by majorraglan

There is definitely a requirement for 20 mph speed limits IN SOME PLACES, but it shouldn’t be the default everywhere.I’ve no issues with it outside schools, on walk to school routes used by kids (it can be timed say between 8am an 9.30a, then again at the end of the school day) outside parks etc etc.
The problem we have is that it’s become a politicians pet project and criticism or attempts to modify it get short shrift as they don’t want to make changes which will cause them to lose face. Politicians tend to be surrounded by special advisors who promote the narrative and civil servants who are there to implement government policy, if the civil service highlight concerns etc they’ll be seen as militant which they aren’t and get criticised heavily - look at the references we’ve been seeing in relation to the blob in papers such as the Daily Mail, the civil servants can’t help it if some of their masters are morons trying to introduce stupid ideas. Look what happened with Truss and Kwarteng, they decide to get rid of the top guy at the treasury as they aren’t keen on treasury orthodoxy, what happens next? They decide to appoint a new person, move ahead with their own ideas ignoring the likes of the OBR etc and the whole thing implodes because the system and markets don’t like what’s happening. They cost us £65bn ffs!

We’re having the 20mph limit here, but it’s coming in all over the place including cities and towns in England.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2023 21:50]

OK, it's happening in England too but that doesn't make it a good idea. I wonder what the pollution figures will be in all these places? And it will get worse and worse until or unless we go mostly electric.

If they want to save lives put more speed cameras up, put more police on our streets, improve the roads and pavements, specially outside schools and parks.

Then don't just go after speeding drivers, go after the bad drivers too. Have variable spped limits, put those nice new electric signs up and change speeds according to the conditions and time of day and here's a radical though, use technology and programme cars to obey speed limits then put out signal stations that automatically cut your speed acording to the area limit.

Coming back from Penarth yesterday, doing just under 70 on the M4 and 4 cars flew past, they were obviosuly racing each other as they swerved in and out, that's the kind of stupidity we need to stop, that's what takes innocent lives.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 1213 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 09:30 - Aug 7 by SullutaCreturned

OK, it's happening in England too but that doesn't make it a good idea. I wonder what the pollution figures will be in all these places? And it will get worse and worse until or unless we go mostly electric.

If they want to save lives put more speed cameras up, put more police on our streets, improve the roads and pavements, specially outside schools and parks.

Then don't just go after speeding drivers, go after the bad drivers too. Have variable spped limits, put those nice new electric signs up and change speeds according to the conditions and time of day and here's a radical though, use technology and programme cars to obey speed limits then put out signal stations that automatically cut your speed acording to the area limit.

Coming back from Penarth yesterday, doing just under 70 on the M4 and 4 cars flew past, they were obviosuly racing each other as they swerved in and out, that's the kind of stupidity we need to stop, that's what takes innocent lives.

Regarding limiting the speed that a car can travel , I belive that new cars sold today have capability built in yo them ,I could of course be wrong and dreamt it ,no real concern to me as I'll probably never be in the position to buy one., unless of course I'll be forced into debt when Duckford introduces ULZ in Wales and which in turn will make me give my car away to buy a new compliant one, its coming

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 12:48 - Aug 7 with 1211 viewsTogg

The 20MPH punishments on 12:37 - Aug 7 by Boundy

Regarding limiting the speed that a car can travel , I belive that new cars sold today have capability built in yo them ,I could of course be wrong and dreamt it ,no real concern to me as I'll probably never be in the position to buy one., unless of course I'll be forced into debt when Duckford introduces ULZ in Wales and which in turn will make me give my car away to buy a new compliant one, its coming

Yep..I believe only a matter of time before Cardiff have the first clean air zone in Wales.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:53 - Aug 7 with 1201 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 12:48 - Aug 7 by Togg

Yep..I believe only a matter of time before Cardiff have the first clean air zone in Wales.

Keep it South of the M4 in Cardiff and they can charge what they like, the more the better.
The 20MPH punishments on 12:53 - Aug 7 with 1199 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 12:48 - Aug 7 by Togg

It will still smell though
The 20MPH punishments on 13:56 - Aug 7 with 1183 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 12:53 - Aug 7 by Whiterockin

Keep it South of the M4 in Cardiff and they can charge what they like, the more the better.

Keep it in Cardiff , my sojourns into the administrative centre are very few and far between . one good thing about being ignored by them lot is they'll forget to expand it further , ( dream on I say to myself)

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024