Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? 14:13 - Oct 22 with 7845 viewsKeithHaynes

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:15 - Oct 22 with 4971 viewsKeithHaynes

Comments appreciated. For me he’s just doing enough, he’s had some decent results recently, but the change in fortunes tells me they could easily revert back to the start of the season.

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:41 - Oct 22 with 4950 viewsWhiterockin

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:15 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

Comments appreciated. For me he’s just doing enough, he’s had some decent results recently, but the change in fortunes tells me they could easily revert back to the start of the season.

A poor start and then a very good run up until yesterday, when I thought that his substitutions were very poor. So a good but could do better from me.
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 15:01 - Oct 22 with 4931 viewsTreforys_Jack

Worries me that when Wood is fit, will he revert back to a back 3.
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 19:31 - Oct 22 with 4820 viewsbuilthjack

The end of the season will be the judge.
He needs to get more points than his predecessor.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 19:32 - Oct 22 with 4821 viewsBoundy

Jury is still out for me, He's a good manager as proven by his recent record, can he achieve the same with us at a higher level the jury's out atm

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 20:00 - Oct 22 with 4790 viewsDr_Winston

Thus far things seem to be following his spells at other clubs almost to the game. A period of early struggle followed by consistent performances resulting in a finish in the upper reaches of the division.

We're not the finished article, and few people will tell you this more readily than Duff. I sorta share the concerns that Wood's return may tempt him to shift back to a three man defence, but I hope not. If it doesn't, then Wood becomes surplus and his potential sale might fund some additional January additions where we do need them.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 20:09 - Oct 22 with 4781 viewsKeithHaynes

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 20:00 - Oct 22 by Dr_Winston

Thus far things seem to be following his spells at other clubs almost to the game. A period of early struggle followed by consistent performances resulting in a finish in the upper reaches of the division.

We're not the finished article, and few people will tell you this more readily than Duff. I sorta share the concerns that Wood's return may tempt him to shift back to a three man defence, but I hope not. If it doesn't, then Wood becomes surplus and his potential sale might fund some additional January additions where we do need them.

I think January will be a watershed for the season.

The majority owners won’t like it but if they have a punt it could, this time, pay off.

Watson’s recent UK tour wasn’t just tying down a few more players contracts that are running out. I actually now see his point of going to them as opposed waiting in Swansea. Having had a few conversations because he was most certainly talking to the same agency’s regards potential acquisitions.

Clever work for me.

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 20:13 - Oct 22 with 4772 viewsjack247

Very difficult to judge when his first and second six game spells have been chalk and cheese.

If we carry on playing the way we have been lately, we’ll have a good season. If we can bring in some natural pace and width (which we had in Ginelly) and a box to box midfielder in January, we’ll have a shot at top six.

I don’t think he’ll revert to that Steve Cooper without the results tripe.
Login to get fewer ads

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 20:27 - Oct 22 with 4762 viewsDr_Winston

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 20:09 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

I think January will be a watershed for the season.

The majority owners won’t like it but if they have a punt it could, this time, pay off.

Watson’s recent UK tour wasn’t just tying down a few more players contracts that are running out. I actually now see his point of going to them as opposed waiting in Swansea. Having had a few conversations because he was most certainly talking to the same agency’s regards potential acquisitions.

Clever work for me.

Results and performances between now and then will tell the tale. If we carry on as we have been then we're looking at tweaking the squad rather than making wholesale changes. It's not always the wisest move to bring a raft of new faces into a team that is already doing well.

Obviously we need to replace Ginelly's pace and width. I wouldn't bet against Ashby's loan being terminated and someone offering us that being recruited instead, if Fletcher doesn't get tracked into first team consideration.

Otherwise if we're still playing well then there's not much more business that will scream out as needing to be done. An upgrade/alternative to Paterson perhaps.
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 20:45]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 22:16 - Oct 22 with 4678 viewsFatJack

I think he's doing ok at the moment but my concern is January if we need one or two additional players I think with our owners it will be a case of sell first and replace with cheaper options, like I've said before I don't think our owners are interested in promotion unless we can do it cheaply,
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 22:36 - Oct 22 with 4658 viewsReslovenSwan1

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 22:16 - Oct 22 by FatJack

I think he's doing ok at the moment but my concern is January if we need one or two additional players I think with our owners it will be a case of sell first and replace with cheaper options, like I've said before I don't think our owners are interested in promotion unless we can do it cheaply,

Coleman and Watson have said there is a budget for new signings.

I would like to see Wood stay and form a powerful central speedy core with young Azeem who his another physical specimen with legs and care on the ball. They looked to have an understanding in the cup games. I think the team will be strong with these two and Walsh. They all have presence and I would guess would find favour with Duff.

Ashby deserves patience . He only has a few sub senior appearances to his name before coming here.

One gets the feeling that if Swansea were to hit the big time it will come from a Wembley appearance. The team is unlikely to meet a team as good as Brentford again. (twice)
[Post edited 22 Oct 2023 22:50]

Wise sage since Toshack era

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 22:55 - Oct 22 with 4638 viewsRichardO

Think he seems to be good but still getting to grips with the championship.
He has tried to change games at half time earlier in his time here when playing a back 3/5 with very little success but with a team that has had a lot of changes since then he has changed to a back 4 with some success of gettiing the advantage persisting with the back four then reverting to a back 3/5 to hold on to a lead in games even extending it.
Maybe his hand had been forced at time with injuries but he has tried to change things.
He tried to change the way we played in Saturday to combat the opposition while not changing formation and got away with it until very late in the first half but we really didn't get to grips with the opposition on our right flank especially by letting them advance high up the pitch ensuring their midfield could quickly join their attack.
Better opposition but we did in some way play to their strengths first time I've seen us not press the defenders in possession obviously managers choice.
Learning curve?
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 13:15 - Oct 23 with 4400 viewsvetchonian

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 15:01 - Oct 22 by Treforys_Jack

Worries me that when Wood is fit, will he revert back to a back 3.

He had changed to a back four from a five before Woods injury...it will be interesting to see waht happens when Cabango is fit too

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 13:19 - Oct 23 with 4397 viewsvetchonian

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:15 - Oct 22 by KeithHaynes

we lose one game against the side which will run away with the league and already we believe things are going backwards fair play....let's judge him again after the next 3 not just Saturday a agame most would have said we would be lucky to get a result from

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:52 - Oct 23 with 4353 viewsnantywatcher

Not convinced about his use of substitutes, there were players on Saturday he kept on the pitch far too long and players on the bench who should have entered the fray much earlier. Their equaliser was a disgrace, if I'd been managing an under 15 team, I would have gone ballistic how the whole team went to sleep at a pivotal point in the game. No excuses for not even getting the basics right. However, we played some lovely football during the game and there is definitely a light at the end of the tunnel AND Mr Duff now walks around with a smile on his face which makes a big difference. I just hope we get things right tomorrow, lose to Watford and the points picture will look bad.
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 13:24 - Oct 24 with 4092 viewsKeithHaynes

What a turn around in views on Duff !

So far …

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:04 - Oct 24 with 4071 viewsFireboy2

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 13:24 - Oct 24 by KeithHaynes

What a turn around in views on Duff !

So far …

Let's hope the injury list gets less not more.
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:05 - Oct 24 with 4072 viewsheatwave

It depends on what people expect.
He's moved up a division with players he didn't know.
A mid to upper mid table finish would be decent for me.
I do smile when some posters expectancy is a top six finish.
When I see Burnley and Sheffield being comfortably beaten by bottom end premier league clubs. I do wonder if Championship football is more enjoyable for me.
As we can compete on that level.
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:55 - Oct 24 with 4033 viewsTreforys_Jack

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:05 - Oct 24 by heatwave

When I see Burnley and Sheffield being comfortably beaten by bottom end premier league clubs. I do wonder if Championship football is more enjoyable for me.

Good post, PL is what we should aspire to, but I really didn't enjoy it after the first 3 seasons, it nearly made me not renew, only this season getting my mojo back. Very surprised at the level of positivity displayed in this poll
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 15:21 - Oct 24 with 4016 viewsKeithHaynes

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 14:05 - Oct 24 by heatwave

He looked completely out of his depth to me at the start, by his own admission he didn’t understand the enormity of not only the clubs meaning to its fans but the scope of the fanbase across the country and beyond. To give him credit his post graduate learning away from football has helped him regards understanding new environments such as this. When it all comes to an end I’m certain he will look back on his time at the Swans as hugely rewarding and the making of him as a manager.

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 17:41 - Oct 24 with 3939 viewsThrasher6

It's been such a rollercoaster ride this season, that I honestly can't get a handle on him yet. He could take us backwards just as easily as take us forwards. I honestly think this Watford game is a big one. We had the 4 wins and then the loss to Leicester in which we played ok against a very good side. This game will show...if we win it with a good performance...that we are still on an upward curve. But I worry that we could easily revert to type and lose this one. So jury's out for me as well....but I want to be hopeful that he's going to be a very decent manager for us...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 17:48]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 17:54 - Oct 24 with 3915 viewsjack247

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 17:41 - Oct 24 by Thrasher6

It's been such a rollercoaster ride this season, that I honestly can't get a handle on him yet. He could take us backwards just as easily as take us forwards. I honestly think this Watford game is a big one. We had the 4 wins and then the loss to Leicester in which we played ok against a very good side. This game will show...if we win it with a good performance...that we are still on an upward curve. But I worry that we could easily revert to type and lose this one. So jury's out for me as well....but I want to be hopeful that he's going to be a very decent manager for us...
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 17:48]

I’d go along with this. On the face of it, four wins from twelve games isn’t even bang average and how many of us would have taken seventeenth at this point?

We’re on a good run though, at the time I said I’m not reading much into beating Wednesday as they were so bad. With that in mind, it would be hypocritical to get carried away at losing to Leicester.

If we can keep playing like we have been for the last few games, he could be a very good manager for us. He’s nowhere near there yet though.
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 23:41 - Oct 24 with 3784 viewsGeoffThom

Jury is very much still out for me ,made a bad decision tonight with pato ,but we have a real issue up front we are very poor there and as for wingers were are they scouting is awful, Cardiff had all frees better than ours
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 23:43]
How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 10:16 - Oct 25 with 3619 viewsunion_jack

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 23:41 - Oct 24 by GeoffThom

Jury is very much still out for me ,made a bad decision tonight with pato ,but we have a real issue up front we are very poor there and as for wingers were are they scouting is awful, Cardiff had all frees better than ours
[Post edited 24 Oct 2023 23:43]

They may have been free but what they saved in transfer fees they’ve undoubtedly paid in wages. They are not bad players who just want to play at any cost.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

How do you rate Michael Duff so far ? on 21:18 - Oct 25 with 3416 viewssw02sea

I’ve more or less watched all the games under Duff’s tenure, so you are bound to get a flavour of the man, and the way he wants The Swans to play.
The jury is out as far as I’m concerned, with too many long balls, from the back, and midfield, with no discernible passing game being implemented on a regular basis.
It all seems to be a mishmash of various ideas, rather than a well thought out game plan.
If it was a high press up the field, forcing the opposition into mistakes, you could see a man with a plan, but when we try to do this, teams exploit the space left behind, allowing a counterattack of their own.
I’ve lost count the number of times opposition players are left in acres a space near our penalty area, and Lady Luck has helped us out by their poor finishing.
I know Leicester is a bad example to pick, because they are more or less a Premiership side, but they had loads of chances in the first half, and could have been 4 or 5 up, (even though we scored first)
Our luck is eventually going to run out, and with our current injury crisis, if it does, we could be in trouble.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024