Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread 23:34 - Jan 31 with 18789 viewsModeratorC

Updates on the game below.

Swansea City Special : The must win game that both sides must win ! 2nd Feb 2024 11:58
The Swans assembled this morning at Fairwood with three new faces to meet and greet from the latest transfer window. Ronald, Saigo Jr and Przemysław Płacheta all come in. Ronald Pereira Martins on a permanent transfer, Placheta on a short term contract and Saigo Jr on loan until the end of the season. 0

Swans all out for the win ! 3rd Feb 2024 08:00
This afternoon’s big game comes straight out of Swansea as they take on Plymouth Argyle : (KO 3pm) Luke Williams is extremely happy with the January transfer window, but urges caution on two of his new players starting the game. 0

Swans injury crisis & Argyle confident of the win 3rd Feb 2024 11:10
All the latest team news today from both camps for this EFL fixture. Plus managers comments, and of course at 2pm we deliver the managers selections for todays game. 0

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again 3rd Feb 2024 17:45
It wasn’t a bad game, but the Swans should have wrapped this up in the first half. The positive was Ronald, the negatives is sadly Jerry Yates who again missed an absolute sitter in the first half. He wasn’t totally to blame as the same happened in the second half for substitute Charlie a Patino. The other concern has to be the low turn out from the home fans. With lots of empty seats if there were 14,500 there I would be surprised. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle 3rd Feb 2024 13:31
Both sides have fresh blood from their January transfer business. The Swans have a long injury latest is Harry Darling. 1

Sam Allison is the ref, so far this season he has issued seventy seven yellow cards and one red in twenty games. He will be assisted by Richard Wild and Mark Pottage while the fourth official is Ben Atkinson.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 01:39 - Feb 1 with 6416 viewsOptimisticJack

Seriously worried about the attendance for this one.
An unattractive fixture on paper clashing with a 4 45pm 6 Nations match Wales v Scotland.
Why can't we request to have this kick off time changed?

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 06:18 - Feb 1 with 6369 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 01:39 - Feb 1 by OptimisticJack

An unattractive fixture on paper clashing with a 4 45pm 6 Nations match Wales v Scotland.

Good hope it hits them in pocket
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:07 - Feb 1 with 6329 viewsAzzuriswan

Why should we be concerned about the egg chasing fraternity? There will be a good crowd at the stadium as it is a 3pm kick off. Fans will want to see Ronald and any other new signings we have made in action for the first time live. We are not going to get in to the play offs this year probably so just enjoy whatever good football we produce.
I am going for a win for Swans by 2 goals...positivity
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:22 - Feb 1 with 6312 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:07 - Feb 1 by Azzuriswan

Why should we be concerned about the egg chasing fraternity? There will be a good crowd at the stadium as it is a 3pm kick off. Fans will want to see Ronald and any other new signings we have made in action for the first time live. We are not going to get in to the play offs this year probably so just enjoy whatever good football we produce.

I feel the same as you.
Will watch the second half of the match when I get home from the match.
Hate it when some fans leave the ground half hour before the end of the game.
Hope the players and new management are made aware of this by the likes of Lakey etc and that its normally nothing to do with the team. Just a stupid thing that occurs this time every year.
I will still be there clapping the last of our players off the field at the end no matter what.

Optimisticjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:36 - Feb 1 with 6299 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:07 - Feb 1 by Azzuriswan

Agree.

We used to do it at the Vetch in the lower divisions. We’re a bigger club than that now.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 6286 viewsQJumpingJack

How many will Whitaker score?
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:04 - Feb 1 with 6262 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 08:51 - Feb 1 by QJumpingJack

How many will Whitaker score?

Most firmer players score against us
Whitaker will be super motivated
He will be looking forward to this
Hope he ain’t booed as it will wind him up further

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:24 - Feb 1 with 6248 viewsOptimisticJack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:04 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

A lot of water yet to go under the bridge on deadline day.
Who knows he could be gone come tomorrow.

Optimisticjack

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:31 - Feb 1 with 6233 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:04 - Feb 1 by onehunglow

Fulton will get an early yellow on Whittaker, furthermore he will be expecting it.

2-0 Swansea a bare 16,000.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:32 - Feb 1 with 6240 viewsJohnw102

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 01:39 - Feb 1 by OptimisticJack

Still 40+ of us on the Pembrokeshire Jacks coach. Always space for a few more anyone from the area interested check it out at:-
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Pembrokeshirejacks

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:34 - Feb 1 with 6229 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:24 - Feb 1 by OptimisticJack

A lot of water yet to go under the bridge on deadline day.
Who knows he could be gone come tomorrow.

Hmm.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 13:41 - Feb 1 with 6070 viewsRichardO

Think 16000 on a rugby international is a tad optimistic.
With Cabango back do we go with Cabango, Wood, Humphreys and out wide go Tymon and Darling(Ashby if Darling injured) or just not persist with the three centrehalves?
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 14:11 - Feb 1 with 6018 viewsSTID2017

After my admission on the "Lineker" thread re Plymouth, not sure if I should attend this one for my own good ...
[Post edited 1 Feb 14:12]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 14:29 - Feb 1 with 5991 viewsFlashberryjack

Why would we boo Whitaker ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 14:33 - Feb 1 with 5985 viewsjack247

It’s great when players get fired up against their former clubs, despite lacking the professionalism to get fired up when they played for them.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 15:42 - Feb 1 with 5926 views1983

I would have thought Plymouth will sell out their allocation they always brought good support during Vetch Field days

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 15:57 - Feb 1 with 5888 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 15:42 - Feb 1 by 1983

I would have thought Plymouth will sell out their allocation they always brought good support during Vetch Field days

Our trips down there were pretty interesting as well.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:11 - Feb 1 with 5853 views3swan

Not seen how many they were given but they've sold out

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/swansea-city-tickets-sold-out
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:21 - Feb 1 with 5824 viewsJohnw102

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 15:57 - Feb 1 by KeithHaynes

Our trips down there were pretty interesting as well.

Ours this year was good weather, outside bar at reasonable prices, good atmosphere in the ground + a win! Happy days.

Never knew getting old would happen so quick!

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:00 - Feb 1 with 5546 viewsowainglyndwr

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:11 - Feb 1 by 3swan

Not seen how many they were given but they've sold out

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/swansea-city-tickets-sold-out

On the P A forum , they haven't done a lot of research,
No pubs by our ground , you can get hammered doing a half mile pub crawl by the ground .
Just some pubs they should avoid
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:39 - Feb 2 with 5286 viewsbuilthjack

3-1

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 12:03 - Feb 2 with 5254 viewsSarge

They haven't won away all season, here's hoping that continues tomorrow. 2-1 Swans.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 12:08 - Feb 2 with 5235 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City Special : The must win game that both sides must win ! 2nd Feb 2024 11:58
The Swans assembled this morning at Fairwood with three new faces to meet and greet from the latest transfer window. Ronald, Saigo Jr and Przemysław Płacheta all come in. Ronald Pereira Martins on a permanent transfer, Placheta on a short term contract and Saigo Jr on loan until the end of the season. 0

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 12:09 - Feb 2 with 5234 views1983

Yeah them and Exeter really do hate us and our M4 cousins.
Exeter fans started calling themselves the AWL Anti Welsh League for a while and I remember us returning to our Brisco transit van to see AWL keyed into the sides of it and no back windows... oh how we laughed

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 12:15 - Feb 2 with 5218 viewsPawelAbbott

I think we will go with the 3 new guys and Lowe up front in a fluid interchanging attack, with the 4 rotating their position.
Very similar to Barcelona with Ronaldinho in the early 2000s.
I'm going for a 4 or 5 nil win, with some of the most exciting, fluid attacking ever seen at the ground
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024