Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread 23:34 - Jan 31 with 20491 viewsModeratorC

Updates on the game below.

Swansea City Special : The must win game that both sides must win ! 2nd Feb 2024 11:58
The Swans assembled this morning at Fairwood with three new faces to meet and greet from the latest transfer window. Ronald, Saigo Jr and Przemysław Płacheta all come in. Ronald Pereira Martins on a permanent transfer, Placheta on a short term contract and Saigo Jr on loan until the end of the season. 0

Swans all out for the win ! 3rd Feb 2024 08:00
This afternoon’s big game comes straight out of Swansea as they take on Plymouth Argyle : (KO 3pm) Luke Williams is extremely happy with the January transfer window, but urges caution on two of his new players starting the game. 0

Swans injury crisis & Argyle confident of the win 3rd Feb 2024 11:10
All the latest team news today from both camps for this EFL fixture. Plus managers comments, and of course at 2pm we deliver the managers selections for todays game. 0

As if by magic : The Swans throw it away again 3rd Feb 2024 17:45
It wasn’t a bad game, but the Swans should have wrapped this up in the first half. The positive was Ronald, the negatives is sadly Jerry Yates who again missed an absolute sitter in the first half. He wasn’t totally to blame as the same happened in the second half for substitute Charlie a Patino. The other concern has to be the low turn out from the home fans. With lots of empty seats if there were 14,500 there I would be surprised. 0

TEAM NEWS : Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle 3rd Feb 2024 13:31
Both sides have fresh blood from their January transfer business. The Swans have a long injury latest is Harry Darling. 1

Sam Allison is the ref, so far this season he has issued seventy seven yellow cards and one red in twenty games. He will be assisted by Richard Wild and Mark Pottage while the fourth official is Ben Atkinson.

More to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:04 - Feb 4 with 1691 viewsunion_jack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 23:52 - Feb 3 by max936

Don't go copying him mun, he's still waiting for the tide to come in ffs.

Are you calling me a Knut?😂😂
[Post edited 4 Feb 9:04]

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:43 - Feb 4 with 1611 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 00:34 - Feb 4 by RichardO

No just scared that his lack of pace would be exposed so by playing the safe ball he would be safe, going against what Luke Williams has said he wants, the ball being moved quickly forward to expose the oppositions weaknesses.
Would even say that the substitutions weakened us but then again you could not expect Ronald to play any more minutes than he did, his awareness of what was happening all around him was excellent telling old head Naughton what he needs to do, Captian material showing after one game.
[Post edited 4 Feb 8:00]

Luke was getting very animated screaming at the players to get the ball forwards I think given a kittle more time Luke will deliver us good football

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:58 - Feb 4 with 1591 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:43 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

Luke was getting very animated screaming at the players to get the ball forwards I think given a kittle more time Luke will deliver us good football

Agreed Vetch, some of the players seem stuck in the comfortable way of sideways and back passing. Grimes yesterday in the final minute of injury time passing back to the keeper. People expecting an immediate turnaround are going to drive themselves nuts expecting that to happen.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:20 - Feb 4 with 1561 viewsAguycalledJack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:43 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

More animated than any manager we have had for the last few years. Overall, on another day we win that game. However, defence as all over the place and it all seemed frantic as opposed to controlled fast attacking football. Ronald, at last, a player who has pace and can cross. But to who?
[Post edited 4 Feb 10:21]
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:32 - Feb 4 with 1536 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:58 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

Agreed Vetch, some of the players seem stuck in the comfortable way of sideways and back passing. Grimes yesterday in the final minute of injury time passing back to the keeper. People expecting an immediate turnaround are going to drive themselves nuts expecting that to happen.

It was frustrating when several players not only Grimes were passing backwards in the final minutes it was as if they thought we were one nil up not down.
In fairness to Willams it was only his fourth game in charge,he is trying to change how we play,integrate née players and cope with injuries. I'm sure he will get it right and keep us up.
I liked how he set us up yesterday 4 at the back so 4-2-3-1 but when attacking we were 2-4-3-1. We need Key back as whilst Naughts had a sound game he lacks the pace and stamina to fulfill that role too often.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:39 - Feb 4 with 1516 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:32 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

It was frustrating when several players not only Grimes were passing backwards in the final minutes it was as if they thought we were one nil up not down.
In fairness to Willams it was only his fourth game in charge,he is trying to change how we play,integrate née players and cope with injuries. I'm sure he will get it right and keep us up.
I liked how he set us up yesterday 4 at the back so 4-2-3-1 but when attacking we were 2-4-3-1. We need Key back as whilst Naughts had a sound game he lacks the pace and stamina to fulfill that role too often.

Spot on. I would be interested to see us play 4-1-4-1 with only Grimes in the holding role. I think this would give us options all over the pitch if the number 9 can contribute.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:51 - Feb 4 with 1477 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:39 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Spot on. I would be interested to see us play 4-1-4-1 with only Grimes in the holding role. I think this would give us options all over the pitch if the number 9 can contribute.

I've had the same thoughts a 4 in front of Grimes of the new Polish guy whose name I struggle with on the left,Cooper and Patterson inside with Ronald on the right

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:54 - Feb 4 with 1471 viewsRichardO

We will see what Williams does to address the situation with the limited resources he has at his disposal but at the end of the day that is what makes a good manager making the best use of what he has got.

He looks as if he has had some success in bringing in players my concern is that some of our players in the middle of the park really stick to their supposed position and are not fluid enough to realise that being an attacking midfield does not mean ending permanently stuck in a front five in a line when attacking and similarly defensive midfielders stuck alongside the defenders.
Did mention in another post about one move that the movement was really good pulling Plymouth players all over the place with ours moving out of the our dedicated positions but we still kept our defensive shape in place.

So signs that Williams will get a tune out of the players fingers crossed
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:09 - Feb 4 with 1428 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:51 - Feb 4 by vetchonian

I've had the same thoughts a 4 in front of Grimes of the new Polish guy whose name I struggle with on the left,Cooper and Patterson inside with Ronald on the right

Personally I would swap Patino for Cooper. He is more likely to play killer pass. How Parker will fit into the team when fit I'm not sure.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:26 - Feb 4 with 1399 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:09 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

Personally I would swap Patino for Cooper. He is more likely to play killer pass. How Parker will fit into the team when fit I'm not sure.

I cannot fathom why Patino isn't one of the first names on the team sheet. Certainly when the other option is a Grimes/Fulton combo.

I think we have to face the reality that Cooper just doesn't have the level of technical ability required to really make a difference. A bit of dog to bring on late in games maybe to retain the press, but there are too many question marks about him at this point for him to be a starter for me.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:48 - Feb 4 with 1372 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 09:58 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

The Argyle TV commentators - "And Grimes slows the attack down"

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 12:00 - Feb 4 with 1358 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 10:54 - Feb 4 by RichardO

We will see what Williams does to address the situation with the limited resources he has at his disposal but at the end of the day that is what makes a good manager making the best use of what he has got.

He looks as if he has had some success in bringing in players my concern is that some of our players in the middle of the park really stick to their supposed position and are not fluid enough to realise that being an attacking midfield does not mean ending permanently stuck in a front five in a line when attacking and similarly defensive midfielders stuck alongside the defenders.
Did mention in another post about one move that the movement was really good pulling Plymouth players all over the place with ours moving out of the our dedicated positions but we still kept our defensive shape in place.

So signs that Williams will get a tune out of the players fingers crossed

One of my many frustrations yesterday was the way Fulton strolled around , not offering anything going forward, the amount of times he would make a pass then remain static when the opportunity to step two yards forward into space to receive the ball with time to turn play forward was annoying to say the least.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 12:06 - Feb 4 with 1343 viewsjack247

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:26 - Feb 4 by Dr_Winston

I cannot fathom why Patino isn't one of the first names on the team sheet. Certainly when the other option is a Grimes/Fulton combo.

I think we have to face the reality that Cooper just doesn't have the level of technical ability required to really make a difference. A bit of dog to bring on late in games maybe to retain the press, but there are too many question marks about him at this point for him to be a starter for me.

I think it’s because hes positionally awful when we haven’t got possession. I’d still love to find a way to accommodate him though. He’s ridiculously talented.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 13:52 - Feb 4 with 1232 viewsTreforys_Jack

Just watched the highlights, how the hell did we not win that game comfortably. I didn't realise how bad Yates header was as it was the far end from me. His confidence is shot and yet the only way he'll get it back is to start scoring. Pato, Yates and Cabango should have given us 3 goals in the 1st half. Still, even though I'm so disappointed, I have to recognise a far better performance.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 14:36 - Feb 4 with 1181 viewsherbie

Abdullai is the player we needed in the middle. Hopefully we can get him fit soon.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 15:53 - Feb 4 with 1097 viewsonehunglow

Keith.
Even right at the death ,Wood and Cabango were wasting precious seconds stroking the ball to each other
It is a curse we need to kill.
Madness

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:09 - Feb 4 with 1075 viewsangryjack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 13:52 - Feb 4 by Treforys_Jack

Just watched the highlights, how the hell did we not win that game comfortably. I didn't realise how bad Yates header was as it was the far end from me. His confidence is shot and yet the only way he'll get it back is to start scoring. Pato, Yates and Cabango should have given us 3 goals in the 1st half. Still, even though I'm so disappointed, I have to recognise a far better performance.

He can't score though that's it he's sh!t
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:34 - Feb 4 with 1043 viewsTreforys_Jack

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:09 - Feb 4 by angryjack

He can't score though that's it he's sh!t

You need to stop sitting on the fence and tell us how you really feel.
Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:35 - Feb 4 with 1043 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 15:53 - Feb 4 by onehunglow

Keith.
Even right at the death ,Wood and Cabango were wasting precious seconds stroking the ball to each other
It is a curse we need to kill.
Madness

They have to get out of this casual mindset when urgency is required. It’s losing us games.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:10 - Feb 4 with 991 viewsbluenile

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 16:35 - Feb 4 by KeithHaynes

They have to get out of this casual mindset when urgency is required. It’s losing us games.

Trouble is, Wood seems to think he's Beckenbauer, gets the ball, strolls around with it, looks about, rinse and repeat. Someone seriously needs to kick his arse.

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:33 - Feb 4 with 967 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:10 - Feb 4 by bluenile

Trouble is, Wood seems to think he's Beckenbauer, gets the ball, strolls around with it, looks about, rinse and repeat. Someone seriously needs to kick his arse.

Reminds me of a poor mans version of liverpool's Van Dikj

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 4 with 855 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 11:09 - Feb 4 by Whiterockin

that's jot a bad call o was just thinking about using our own players and the more ti think about it
4-1-4-1 gives us options
2-3-4-1 with the ball and 4-3-2-1 without it
let's hope Luke reads the board

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 4 with 855 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 17:33 - Feb 4 by Boundy

Reminds me of a poor mans version of liverpool's Van Dikj

He reminds me more of a poor man's Forrest Gump. 😊

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 20:56 - Feb 4 with 768 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:12 - Feb 4 by theloneranger

He reminds me more of a poor man's Forrest Gump. 😊

Forrest could run and run

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 21:17 - Feb 4 with 726 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v Plymouth Argyle : Match day thread on 19:58 - Feb 3 by max936

People take to much notice, he speaks as he sees it, some may disagree, but he's free to post what he feels surely, other posters haven't got to take any notice or continually post to disagree, there are far worse posters on here than OHL who are vindictive and astoundingly arrogant, Trust me.

He speaks out of his ba kside

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024