Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect 08:00 - Feb 20 with 3059 viewsSwansIndependent

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect 20th Feb 2024 08:00
Swansea City majority owner and DC United CEO and Co- owner Jason Levien is having to field more anger than he would like - now his club in the USA capital has promoted themselves in Saudi Arabia. That included a pre season in Saudi this month. 0

Up and at em ! Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 08:35 - Feb 20 with 2109 viewsonehunglow

Morning

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 09:06 - Feb 20 with 2078 viewsWhiterockin

Keith any thoughts on the three registered charges still not satisfied at Companies House all with different persons entitled.

Fasanara Capital LTD

The Bank of New York Mellon, London Branch

Macquarie Bank Limited, London Branch
[Post edited 20 Feb 9:07]
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 09:27 - Feb 20 with 2034 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Probably best to liquidate the UK assets.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:21 - Feb 20 with 1715 viewsEagleEye

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 09:06 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

Keith any thoughts on the three registered charges still not satisfied at Companies House all with different persons entitled.

Fasanara Capital LTD

The Bank of New York Mellon, London Branch

Macquarie Bank Limited, London Branch
[Post edited 20 Feb 9:07]

Loan charges in lieu of incoming transfer instalments ?
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:56 - Feb 20 with 1667 viewsWhiterockin

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:21 - Feb 20 by EagleEye

Loan charges in lieu of incoming transfer instalments ?

This is one of the reasons I harp on about clarity and transparency, nobody knows because nothing is said. Your point may well be true but it may not, do we pay up front for all player purchases? If fact nobody knows anything about our club finances, not even the exact shareholding of Coleman, Kaplan, Levien and Silverstein. We all know they have invested through Swansea Football LLC but how much of that 70% is their money, do others have a larger investment in Swansea Football LLC and and the four only the "faces". So are the charges the only item they are being evasive on, or is there much more.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:09 - Feb 20 with 1639 viewsKeithHaynes

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:56 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

This is one of the reasons I harp on about clarity and transparency, nobody knows because nothing is said. Your point may well be true but it may not, do we pay up front for all player purchases? If fact nobody knows anything about our club finances, not even the exact shareholding of Coleman, Kaplan, Levien and Silverstein. We all know they have invested through Swansea Football LLC but how much of that 70% is their money, do others have a larger investment in Swansea Football LLC and and the four only the "faces". So are the charges the only item they are being evasive on, or is there much more.

And as long as these questions remain unanswered then more fans will not attend the stadium.

Attendances are massively down.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:26 - Feb 20 with 1607 viewsWhiterockin

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:09 - Feb 20 by KeithHaynes

And as long as these questions remain unanswered then more fans will not attend the stadium.

The EFL rules state, that all individuals with more than a 10% shareholding in a club must be listed with their stake on the club website. IMO the way we have them grouped as 70% is in breach of these rules.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:26 - Feb 20 with 1516 viewsGixerJack

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:09 - Feb 20 by KeithHaynes

Any idea how many season tickets have been renewed for next season, is it down again?
Login to get fewer ads

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:32 - Feb 20 with 1513 viewsBillyChong

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:56 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

The yanks have used Macquarie previously to loan money against staggered incoming transfer fees
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 19:04 - Feb 20 with 1480 viewsReslovenSwan1

Fans should focus on the organisation they own and not worry about other peoples businesses. The fans group does not invest in anything. It's biggest investment was in legal fees to sue sue the other owners. They got £500k out of the other owners which ould have gone to the club.

The Trust should put that £500k back into the club as an investment. The are old men money hoarders effectively getting no return on their cash. Based on this, furnishing the fans will more detail is pointless. They would not understand it. It has no benefit.

Fans not renewing because of not knowing this information is laughable. It none of their business for one. No one asks how the Trust mitigates against 5% inflation. Duh not a clue. (clue they do not). 5% inflation of £1m is £50,000 annual loss of value

DC United is worth a whopping $800m. If Saudi people want to pay them it can only be good for Swansea . On 4% bond return the interest on that would be $32m a year.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 20:10 - Feb 20 with 1433 viewsWhiterockin

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 19:04 - Feb 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Fans should focus on the organisation they own and not worry about other peoples businesses. The fans group does not invest in anything. It's biggest investment was in legal fees to sue sue the other owners. They got £500k out of the other owners which ould have gone to the club.

The Trust should put that £500k back into the club as an investment. The are old men money hoarders effectively getting no return on their cash. Based on this, furnishing the fans will more detail is pointless. They would not understand it. It has no benefit.

Fans not renewing because of not knowing this information is laughable. It none of their business for one. No one asks how the Trust mitigates against 5% inflation. Duh not a clue. (clue they do not). 5% inflation of £1m is £50,000 annual loss of value

DC United is worth a whopping $800m. If Saudi people want to pay them it can only be good for Swansea . On 4% bond return the interest on that would be $32m a year.

Fans should know who owns their football club and to what percentage. We should also know the financial implications. We have been down this road years ago and it was not good.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 20:32 - Feb 20 with 1397 viewsKeithHaynes

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:26 - Feb 20 by GixerJack

Any idea how many season tickets have been renewed for next season, is it down again?

No mate.

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 20:42 - Feb 20 with 1376 viewsLuther27

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:26 - Feb 20 by Whiterockin

The EFL rules state, that all individuals with more than a 10% shareholding in a club must be listed with their stake on the club website. IMO the way we have them grouped as 70% is in breach of these rules.

I’m not really up with the EFL financial regs etc….but if there was even a hint of potential impropriety regarding financial holdings in a football club then surely the EFL should investigate?
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 21:10 - Feb 20 with 1352 viewsWhiterockin

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 20:42 - Feb 20 by Luther27

I’m not really up with the EFL financial regs etc….but if there was even a hint of potential impropriety regarding financial holdings in a football club then surely the EFL should investigate?

TBH I would rather they didn't, the repercussions might not be good for us as a club.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 09:14 - Feb 21 with 1122 viewsjackrmee

Swans fans should get in contact with DC groups and arrange simultaneous protests against the management group.

They have their gripes over there and we have several here.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 14:27 - Feb 21 with 998 viewsReslovenSwan1

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 09:14 - Feb 21 by jackrmee

Swans fans should get in contact with DC groups and arrange simultaneous protests against the management group.

They have their gripes over there and we have several here.

The owners have made investment. There has been changes on an off the field at Swansea. All the owners have invested except one. The fans ownership group. The Swansea.com group sponsor the stadium.

What do the fans ownership do? Raise your voices and demand a £30,000 sponsorship of the Women's team. Maybe the shirts. Is the university paying extra for Women's team shirts.

Once the SCST is seen to be doing something useful membership might recover.
Protests are abut poor results on the field. It is a competition.

Swansea fans give their money to lawyer, agents and banks, not the football club in investment.

The fans group has a lot of money doing othing.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:27 - Feb 21 with 952 viewsKeithHaynes

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 14:27 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The owners have made investment. There has been changes on an off the field at Swansea. All the owners have invested except one. The fans ownership group. The Swansea.com group sponsor the stadium.

What do the fans ownership do? Raise your voices and demand a £30,000 sponsorship of the Women's team. Maybe the shirts. Is the university paying extra for Women's team shirts.

Swansea fans give their money to lawyer, agents and banks, not the football club in investment.

The sponsorship is paid for by one person.
People will be surprised who it is.

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:49 - Feb 21 with 933 viewsQJumpingJack

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 16:27 - Feb 21 by KeithHaynes

The sponsorship is paid for by one person.
People will be surprised who it is.

the former vice-chairman?
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:12 - Feb 21 with 909 viewsGwyn737

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 19:04 - Feb 20 by ReslovenSwan1

Explain to me how your position works more generally.

The trust owns 10% and that’s all the fans should concern themselves with, right? So..

1. If a club is part owned by the fans it’s only that part of the club the fans should worry about?
2. If a club is not fan owned, they have no right to voice an opinion or challenge the owners?

and a slightly tenuous analogy…

3. If you owned 10% of a racehorse and someone else own the other 90%, should you just concern yourself with your bit and completely ignore what your majority partner is doing, even if they’re treating it badly?
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:32 - Feb 21 with 887 viewsWhiterockin

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:12 - Feb 21 by Gwyn737

Explain to me how your position works more generally.

The trust owns 10% and that’s all the fans should concern themselves with, right? So..

1. If a club is part owned by the fans it’s only that part of the club the fans should worry about?
2. If a club is not fan owned, they have no right to voice an opinion or challenge the owners?

and a slightly tenuous analogy…

3. If you owned 10% of a racehorse and someone else own the other 90%, should you just concern yourself with your bit and completely ignore what your majority partner is doing, even if they’re treating it badly?

Gwyn it's always deflection on his part, real supporters are always concerned with all financial implications regarding their club. To say otherwise is to not really care or just be on a wind up.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:53 - Feb 21 with 857 viewsswan_si

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:32 - Feb 21 by Whiterockin

Gwyn it's always deflection on his part, real supporters are always concerned with all financial implications regarding their club. To say otherwise is to not really care or just be on a wind up.

I know more than quite a few supporters who have no idea of the financial side of the club, simply because they and myself don't fully understand it. But I would still class us as real supporters. I would also add that we do care, and this is not a wind up.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:57 - Feb 21 with 845 viewsWhiterockin

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:53 - Feb 21 by swan_si

I know more than quite a few supporters who have no idea of the financial side of the club, simply because they and myself don't fully understand it. But I would still class us as real supporters. I would also add that we do care, and this is not a wind up.

Just because some don't understand it doesn't mean they don't care. I didn't say any different.
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:01 - Feb 21 with 829 viewsSullutaCreturned

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 17:53 - Feb 21 by swan_si

What does that mean then, are you and Res a double act?

How can you be so sure his post is not a wind up?

Somebody might get a tad suspiciouss about this!
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:05 - Feb 21 with 818 viewsswan_si

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:01 - Feb 21 by SullutaCreturned

What does that mean then, are you and Res a double act?

How can you be so sure his post is not a wind up?

Somebody might get a tad suspiciouss about this!

WTF are you on about, my response had nothing at all to with Res. 🤡
Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 18:39 - Feb 21 with 780 viewsBillyChong

Jason Levien : Under pressure in DC and the Swansea knock-on effect on 14:27 - Feb 21 by ReslovenSwan1

The poor results on the field are a reflection of the poor off field management.

The yank model is bust. The year on year sell high, reinvest low approach as predicted has hit a wall.

Are there any more unsuspecting ‘investors’ Levein can find across the pond? Who knows, but the club is surely becoming less attractive to anyone who does their research.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024