Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield 18:35 - Mar 28 with 3749 viewsSwansIndependent

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield 28th Mar 2024 18:32
It’s a big game for Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow afternoon and Luke Williams has kept his promise to stick with the players that have boosted his popularity rating as Swans manager in recent times. There most certainly will be a very similar team drawn from Williams squad that overwhelmed Cardiff City nearly two weeks ago. 0

Walsh exclusive, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:01 - Mar 28 with 1911 viewsmax936

24 games in 3 season say's it all for me, we can't afford to offer him another contract in the hope that his injury days are behind him, because its obvious that they are not.

Sadly for him and us it has to be a parting of the ways, can't see what the alternative is.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:14 - Mar 28 with 1886 viewsunion_jack

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:01 - Mar 28 by max936

24 games in 3 season say's it all for me, we can't afford to offer him another contract in the hope that his injury days are behind him, because its obvious that they are not.

Sadly for him and us it has to be a parting of the ways, can't see what the alternative is.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:30 - Mar 28 with 1850 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 19:01 - Mar 28 by max936

When you compare his record to players like Grimes and Fulton who seem to maintain fitness, you'd not want to give him a contract.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 20:24 - Mar 28 with 1767 viewsKeithHaynes

I think he is a fantastic footballer, very gifted. Fair play to Luke Williams for giving him the time he needs, after tomorrow it’s just seven games to go though.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 28 with 1760 viewsunion_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:14 - Mar 28 by union_jack

For those not able to interpret the meaning of my post, I’ll make it simple😁.

I don’t think Walsh is going to get a new contract which is why he wants to play so that he can put himself in the shop window.

It’s good that LW is resisting any pressure and playing the best team to get a result. Normally, Walsh would be a shoo-in but Walsh can’t really be described as such due to his very unfortunate (for both him and us) injury record.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 20:42 - Mar 28 with 1726 viewsWhiterockin

Pay as you play £5k a game 12 month contract. If he is confident he is fit enough to warrant a contract he should take it if offered.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 20:57 - Mar 28 with 1706 viewsmax936

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 20:42 - Mar 28 by Whiterockin

Pay as you play £5k a game 12 month contract. If he is confident he is fit enough to warrant a contract he should take it if offered.

8 games a season for the last 3 yrs with a total amount of games around 120 probably more with cup games and he's played in 24 of those games, was he substituted or went on as a substitute in those 24 games, I wonder, strewth.

Gutted for him, but the omens don't look good.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 21:03 - Mar 28 with 1689 viewsDr_Winston

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 20:57 - Mar 28 by max936

8 games a season for the last 3 yrs with a total amount of games around 120 probably more with cup games and he's played in 24 of those games, was he substituted or went on as a substitute in those 24 games, I wonder, strewth.

Again, a mature response to the topic compared to what we can expect from certain others.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 21:52 - Mar 28 with 1615 viewsKeithHaynes

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 20:57 - Mar 28 by max936

Subbed eight times my right handed man tells me.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 22:00 - Mar 28 with 1598 viewsbuilthjack

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 21:52 - Mar 28 by KeithHaynes

Subbed eight times my right handed man tells me.

Super subbed.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 08:14 - Mar 29 with 1478 viewsonehunglow

He is really unlucky

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 08:56 - Mar 29 with 1442 viewsjackrmee

Pay as you play?
I think he’s worth keeping if there can be some sort of arrangement. Seems like he wants to stay desperately

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:58 - Mar 29 with 1442 viewsjackrmee

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:28 - Mar 28 by union_jack

For those not able to interpret the meaning of my post, I’ll make it simple😁.

I don’t think Walsh is going to get a new contract which is why he wants to play so that he can put himself in the shop window.

It’s good that LW is resisting any pressure and playing the best team to get a result. Normally, Walsh would be a shoo-in but Walsh can’t really be described as such due to his very unfortunate (for both him and us) injury record.

I don’t think it’s that.
Walsh wants a contract here.
If he wants to show that he can stay fit, that’s for us, not for anyone else IMO. He wants to stay.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:16 - Mar 29 with 1415 viewsonehunglow

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:58 - Mar 29 by jackrmee

I don’t think it’s that.
If he wants to show that he can stay fit, that’s for us, not for anyone else IMO. He wants to stay.

Not so much fit as injuries

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:38 - Mar 29 with 1387 viewsunion_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:58 - Mar 29 by jackrmee

I don’t think it’s that.

Maybe, yes. But I’d have thought the medical team here would say it’s too big a risk.

I feel really sorry for him as he’s certainly one if the more talented players he’d.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:14 - Mar 29 with 1232 viewsReslovenSwan1

I refer him to Tom Carroll whos injury record was similar to Walsh's. He took a complete year off and has had a full season with Exeter this year. Walsh could do this and do his coaching badges and some coaching with Swansea if minded.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 07:28 - Mar 30 with 1119 viewsKeithHaynes

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:14 - Mar 29 by ReslovenSwan1

I refer him to Tom Carroll whos injury record was similar to Walsh's. He took a complete year off and has had a full season with Exeter this year. Walsh could do this and do his coaching badges and some coaching with Swansea if minded.

Some would say we’ve given him enough ?

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 08:13 - Mar 30 with 1098 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 07:28 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

Me.
Just what is it with people that see our club as in sone way a life support for cricked players .
Walsh has proven he is incapable of staying fit.
This is fact
Why do we favour players over club and in Walsh ,he’s one with no attachment to Swansea at all. We are simply his employers .
His cintract has s even him earn a decent wedge whilst hardly doing what he is pais for. Imagine him as a self employed person . He would starve .
I am sick of this sentiment
Thanks but no thanks Liam. Get refrained son. Most of us have to do so in our lives and you are no different .
People always want plumbers,sparks or brickies though those jobs requires sweat and resilience and you can’t rely on others to pay you for work not done

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:11 - Mar 30 with 1064 viewsmax936

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 07:28 - Mar 30 by KeithHaynes

We have 100%, some posters just love to go against the grain, it gives them the buzz that strokes their arrogancy.
[Post edited 30 Mar 11:11]

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:22 - Mar 30 with 1035 viewsjack247

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:11 - Mar 30 by max936

We have 100%, some posters just love to go against the grain, it gives them the buzz that strokes their arrogancy.

Yep. Williams needs funds and space in the squad to shape it with the type of players he wants.

There are strong arguments both ways over Naughton and Allen. I’d think Paterson would be retained if we can agree a deal. I’m sure Wood will.

It’s sad for Walsh who I’m sure would love nothing more than to be injury free and playing every week, but the harsh reality is he hasn’t been able to contribute much since he’s been here and quite likely won’t next season.
Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 14:51 - Mar 30 with 982 viewsonehunglow

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 11:11 - Mar 30 by max936

Steve.
Look at it this way,some,like me,are not interested in becoming members of a mutual appreciation society which sees abject drivel ,masquerading as “ positive “ posting . Too many get derided for calling it as it is.
This hurts
Walsh is nothing special and has not been fit enough to exhibit his ability.
Shame? Well,it is for him. And for us too.
We’ve taken back players to top up their pensions too.

We need to be hard nosed and demanding not soft and sentimental.

We should aim for the best possible.
Always .

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 17:50 - Mar 30 with 950 viewsKeithHaynes

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 14:51 - Mar 30 by onehunglow

Steve.
Look at it this way,some,like me,are not interested in becoming members of a mutual appreciation society which sees abject drivel ,masquerading as “ positive “ posting . Too many get derided for calling it as it is.
This hurts

Always .

We cannot cater to his continual injuries agreed.

But for the brief moments ( there’s the rub ) when he is fit he’s absolutely upper championship class. I’m certain if he doesn’t get a new contract he will continue in the same vein elsewhere.

But we cannot continue with him as he is.

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:48 - Mar 31 with 866 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 08:13 - Mar 30 by onehunglow

Me.
Just what is it with people that see our club as in sone way a life support for cricked players .
Walsh has proven he is incapable of staying fit.
This is fact
Why do we favour players over club and in Walsh ,he’s one with no attachment to Swansea at all. We are simply his employers .
His cintract has s even him earn a decent wedge whilst hardly doing what he is pais for. Imagine him as a self employed person . He would starve .
I am sick of this sentiment
Thanks but no thanks Liam. Get refrained son. Most of us have to do so in our lives and you are no different .
People always want plumbers,sparks or brickies though those jobs requires sweat and resilience and you can’t rely on others to pay you for work not done

The Red’ point is, so had Tom Carroll.
He took a year off and worked for him.
Maybe Walsh’s needs a full year off and a pay n play contract. Do some coaching work in that year. Sounds perfect

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:51 - Mar 31 with 865 viewsjackrmee

Thinking we’ve given him enough, is against the grain?

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 00:53 - Mar 31 with 865 viewsjackrmee

Walsh on the brink ? Swans confident on their way to Sheffield on 14:51 - Mar 30 by onehunglow

Steve.
This hurts

Always .

So people who want to keep Walsh, are “positive posting”?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024