Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure 12:45 - Apr 29 with 1164 viewsSwansIndependent

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure 29th Apr 2024 12:41
Swansea City bring this season to a close on Saturday with a home game against Millwall. However, what about those bygone days when footballers had no choice but to go down the pit after their career ended, or open a toy shop, pub or retrain ? That thought would petrify todays modern footballer. 0

John Charles on benefits, Brayley Reynolds down a pit ! Click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 14:37 - Apr 29 with 1073 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Danny Graham, a bit out of context?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 16:31 - Apr 29 with 992 viewsvetchonian

So true Keith the likes of Curt and Leighton Phillips ended up selling insurance some other pros ended up as postmen Gary Emmanuel who played for Birmingham in the old 1st Division before ending his playing days with us was our postman until recently...Roger Freestone was a DHL driver today's pros won't be faced with that

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 16:51 - Apr 29 with 979 viewsWhiterockin

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 16:31 - Apr 29 by vetchonian

So true Keith the likes of Curt and Leighton Phillips ended up selling insurance some other pros ended up as postmen Gary Emmanuel who played for Birmingham in the old 1st Division before ending his playing days with us was our postman until recently...Roger Freestone was a DHL driver today's pros won't be faced with that

Wasn't Curt a rep for a local beer/spirits company?
The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 17:05 - Apr 29 with 963 viewsvetchonian

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 16:51 - Apr 29 by Whiterockin

Wasn't Curt a rep for a local beer/spirits company?

he might have been but he worked for the Pearl for while

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 17:31 - Apr 29 with 933 viewsKeithHaynes

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 16:31 - Apr 29 by vetchonian

I recall well Rog delivering potatoes in the summer when he was being chased by Man City.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 17:44 - Apr 29 with 893 viewsKeithHaynes

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 14:37 - Apr 29 by JACKMANANDBOY

Danny Graham, a bit out of context?

Played for Swansea.
Some on the list were born there, others played there.

Mind you out of context is what we do 😉

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 01:10 - Apr 30 with 720 viewsTreforys_Jack

Dudley's still a postman, Gary Emanuel been gone a few years. Still remember Robbie working in the post office, ridiculous really.
The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 03:31 - Apr 30 with 689 viewsbuilthjack

The money that Premier League players are on is scandalous.
Even some of ours, for what they do is just madness.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 04:13 - Apr 30 with 682 viewsTreforys_Jack

Wasn't Curt a rep for Bergoni at some point
The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 11:06 - Apr 30 with 585 viewstheloneranger

John and Mel Charles had a scrap round in Swansea!!

I witnessed a scene many years ago that today's footballers couldn't even contemplate.

Very early morning - Ivor Allchurch, unloading newspapers off the train on High Street Station!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 14:49 - Apr 30 with 520 viewsswancity

I’ve just read that the average annual salary of the 600 plus championship players this season is a whopping £655,000. 😫

Swansea annual wage bill is now £12.27m. Which puts us in 14th place in the division, way behind Leicester £60m Southampton £40m and Leeds £39m. Andy is currently on £140,000 a week. £20,000 a day. Let that sink in for a moment. What kind of works are we living in?

I’m unsure what the answer is apart from salary capping? I wouldn’t like to see players going back to earning £450 a week but there needs to be a happy medium somewhere surely. They aren’t worth that sort of money. No one is.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 14:51 - Apr 30 with 519 viewsswancity

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 14:49 - Apr 30 by swancity

I’ve just read that the average annual salary of the 600 plus championship players this season is a whopping £655,000. 😫

Swansea annual wage bill is now £12.27m. Which puts us in 14th place in the division, way behind Leicester £60m Southampton £40m and Leeds £39m. Andy is currently on £140,000 a week. £20,000 a day. Let that sink in for a moment. What kind of works are we living in?

I’m unsure what the answer is apart from salary capping? I wouldn’t like to see players going back to earning £450 a week but there needs to be a happy medium somewhere surely. They aren’t worth that sort of money. No one is.

Vardy that should say not Andy

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 17:39 - Apr 30 with 459 viewsSullutaCreturned

Waggy, Dudey Lewis, Nigel Stevenson, Herbie Williams and more worked for Royal mail, Dudley still might.

Given the state of finances across football, unless clubs get their houses in order and pay what they can actually afford, there may be hard times coming for many clubs. Maybe it's time footballers stopped demanding more than can be afforded and accept that they will probably have to carry on working when their playing days are over?

Why do second rate footballers deserve to be so well off they can retire before their late 30's? Why should they be so much better off than the rest of us just because their good at kicking a ball?

If anyone still wonders why I haven't renewed my ST and watch football ore on tv than in person anyore, it's because of the greed of the players and the stupidity of the clubs and thse who run the game.
The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 17:41 - Apr 30 with 454 viewsonehunglow

Tom Finley used to work Saturday mornings unblocking toilets and piping .
He went to games with the tools of his trade

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 18:08 - Apr 30 with 439 viewsKeithHaynes

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 17:39 - Apr 30 by SullutaCreturned

Waggy, Dudey Lewis, Nigel Stevenson, Herbie Williams and more worked for Royal mail, Dudley still might.

Given the state of finances across football, unless clubs get their houses in order and pay what they can actually afford, there may be hard times coming for many clubs. Maybe it's time footballers stopped demanding more than can be afforded and accept that they will probably have to carry on working when their playing days are over?

Why do second rate footballers deserve to be so well off they can retire before their late 30's? Why should they be so much better off than the rest of us just because their good at kicking a ball?

If anyone still wonders why I haven't renewed my ST and watch football ore on tv than in person anyore, it's because of the greed of the players and the stupidity of the clubs and thse who run the game.

Bough, Walker and I think Des Trick joined the cops.

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 19:12 - Apr 30 with 400 viewstheloneranger

Lee Bracy joined the Greater Manchester Police.

John Black joined the South Wales Police.

Cyril Beech became a coach driver.

Leighton Phillips worked in insurance.

Davo Williams worked in 3M's and drank in the Mountain Dew. 😂

Len Allchurch sold sheep skin coats from his shop in Morriston.

Roy Paul became a lorry driver.

Brian Evans became a painter and decorator.

Walter Whitaker - Swans first manager and goalkeeper ran The Adam and Eve pub in High Street.

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 22:21 - Apr 30 with 345 viewsmax936

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 18:08 - Apr 30 by KeithHaynes

Bough, Walker and I think Des Trick joined the cops.

Bough is a detective chief inspector in he?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 22:53 - Apr 30 with 334 viewstheloneranger

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 22:21 - Apr 30 by max936

Bough is a detective chief inspector in he?

David Hough.

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 23:14 - Apr 30 with 317 viewsmax936

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 22:53 - Apr 30 by theloneranger

David Hough.

Got you, I thought it wasn't Bough and knew his Forename was David memory is like a sieve.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The fate today’s Swansea footballers would never have to endure on 06:34 - May 1 with 278 viewsjackal

I remember when we had the cafe, we used to buy potatoes from Ivor and Len Allchurch and they would deliver them personally.

I also bought a a car from Neyland in Gorseinon. Trevor Ford was the rep that I dealt with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024