Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton 15:06 - Jul 7 with 9534 viewsKeithHaynes

By election then.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 19:57 - Jul 7 with 1406 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 18:41 - Jul 7 by Gwyn737

Yeah, but Starmer got some free clobber and spectacles, didn't he?

And it's not as if Nigel went on and on about it.....

It's not a witch hunt. It's scrutiny. Farage went into hiding for weeks but it didn't work.


Revealed: Farage’s £5m gift reported to UK crime agency over money laundering concerns | Nigel Farage | The Guardian https://share.google/6EtVupq6r

What witch hunt? I'm sure this is a coincidence.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:07 - Jul 7 with 1358 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 19:57 - Jul 7 by Scotia

Revealed: Farage’s £5m gift reported to UK crime agency over money laundering concerns | Nigel Farage | The Guardian https://share.google/6EtVupq6r

What witch hunt? I'm sure this is a coincidence.


Depends who reported it.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: Your World Cup Verdict

0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:29 - Jul 7 with 1320 viewsBoundy

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 19:32 - Jul 7 by Scotia

Of course they aren't. Can you name another who's taken a £5 million pound gift amongst others then changed policy to benefit the person who gave him that gift?


Who are you talking about here? If it’s Farage then may I remind you that as Reform are not in power what possible policy change would benefit anyone .you seem again to be fixated upon the amount of if it’s bribe it’s a bribe regardless of the amount or is your moral compass only pointing towards the right which I find strange because didn’t you once post that you were a centralist in as regards your political persuasion.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:44 - Jul 7 with 1283 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:29 - Jul 7 by Boundy

Who are you talking about here? If it’s Farage then may I remind you that as Reform are not in power what possible policy change would benefit anyone .you seem again to be fixated upon the amount of if it’s bribe it’s a bribe regardless of the amount or is your moral compass only pointing towards the right which I find strange because didn’t you once post that you were a centralist in as regards your political persuasion.


It's the in the manifesto they lead the polls based on. The party could be in power in two and a bit years.
[Post edited 7 Jul 20:55]
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:46 - Jul 7 with 1281 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:07 - Jul 7 by JACKMANANDBOY

Depends who reported it.


Surely the important art is the finding of the NCA?

Apparently it was reported because banks pay particular attention to the transactions involving so-called “politically exposed persons” because they are deemed to be at greater risk of bribery, corruption or other criminality.

Obvs not Nigel.
[Post edited 7 Jul 20:50]
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:55 - Jul 7 with 1261 viewsmax936

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 18:09 - Jul 7 by majorraglan

Witch hunt, witch hunt!!

Farage has taken in millions and millions and he failed to declare the “gifts” as required, why was he gifted this money? Firstly it’s security, then he can spend it on whatever he wants, then it’s none of our business - he’s an MP, he’s in a very influential position and we’re entitled to know what the ….. is going on.
There also a rumour that Harborne gifted money to Farage and Boris after Reform withdrew from the 2019 election to clear a path for the Conservatives - if things like this are happening we need to know.

In September 2025, Nathan Gill, ex UKIP and Reform politician was found guilty of taking bribes from Russia !! Our politicians should expect nothing but the highest levels of scrutiny, far far more than Joe Public. If we don’t have such high levels of scrutiny, we’ll end up sliding in to the abyss of corruption.
[Post edited 7 Jul 18:10]


Of course it's a witch hunt, Starmer's paws are all of it, everytime a Reform MP speaks asked a question Starmer answers back with his favourite comment about Farage's gift, totally avoiding the question.

YES a "Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt" I don't expect.you and your fellow lefties on here to agree.

I don't know why you saw the need to reply with an essay aa I'm not interested.

I couldn't give a fk about Farage, but if I see a witch hunt I'll call if out whether you or others like it or not.

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt!
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:27 - Jul 7 with 1215 viewsBoundy

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:44 - Jul 7 by Scotia

It's the in the manifesto they lead the polls based on. The party could be in power in two and a bit years.
[Post edited 7 Jul 20:55]


They lead the polls ( that depends on what you believe) but I think you’ll find manifestos change like the weather and as you say there’s a couple more years before the next election. Genuine question but what policy change has there been which favours one individual?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:28 - Jul 7 with 1209 viewsmajorraglan

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:29 - Jul 7 by Boundy

Who are you talking about here? If it’s Farage then may I remind you that as Reform are not in power what possible policy change would benefit anyone .you seem again to be fixated upon the amount of if it’s bribe it’s a bribe regardless of the amount or is your moral compass only pointing towards the right which I find strange because didn’t you once post that you were a centralist in as regards your political persuasion.


Farage held a private meeting with the Governor of the BOE where he allegedly lobbied Andrew Bailey to drop cryptocurrency plan that could be costly for the billionaire bankrolling his party, this was allegedly in breach of parliamentary rules and has been reported for investigation.

Farage is strongly opposed to the “Britcoin” and after a meeting last September, he told the Zebu audience of crypto enthusiasts he would be “prepared to go to prison” to stop it.

He may well be our next PM - his behaviour needs to be beyond reproach and scrutinised - and that applies to ALL politicians. If we don’t scrutinise and blind eyes are turned there’s a risk we could end up like Orban’s Hungary.
0
Login to get fewer ads

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:35 - Jul 7 with 1189 viewsmajorraglan

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:55 - Jul 7 by max936

Of course it's a witch hunt, Starmer's paws are all of it, everytime a Reform MP speaks asked a question Starmer answers back with his favourite comment about Farage's gift, totally avoiding the question.

YES a "Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt" I don't expect.you and your fellow lefties on here to agree.

I don't know why you saw the need to reply with an essay aa I'm not interested.

I couldn't give a fk about Farage, but if I see a witch hunt I'll call if out whether you or others like it or not.

Witch Hunt, Witch Hunt!


I’m not a lefty and I’ve never voted Labour. All I want to see is good governance where we can trust people to do the right things for the rights reasons.

On the face of what we’ve seen, Farage has trousered a fair chunk of cash and there’s questions to be answered, given that he’s potentially going to be our next PM I think it’s only reasonable that he’s held to account, otherwise we could end up like other countries who are run by corrupt politicians and grifters who are brazenly out for their own ends.

If I took a £5m bung in my old job, I’d have a lot of explaining to do!
2
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:55 - Jul 7 with 1148 viewsmax936

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 19:40 - Jul 7 by Scotia

So this is his next trick.

"It's a witch hunt, the establishment are out to get me" . Total guff.

I honestly think it should be uncontested. Election ASAP, get him back in the commons to face the music by September.

Arrested by Christmas in prison by the end of 2027.


Total Guff to you as expected doesn't suit your lefty narrative.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:56 - Jul 7 with 1142 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:27 - Jul 7 by Boundy

They lead the polls ( that depends on what you believe) but I think you’ll find manifestos change like the weather and as you say there’s a couple more years before the next election. Genuine question but what policy change has there been which favours one individual?


Reforms manifesto changed after Farage received a £5 million pound gift from Nigel Harbonne who makes money from Crypto currency investment and selling fossil fuels.

The manifesto pledged to reduce capital gains tax on Cryptocurrency by 10%, and all sorts of climate change denial stuff.

He's dodgy as hell.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:56 - Jul 7 with 1140 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:55 - Jul 7 by max936

Total Guff to you as expected doesn't suit your lefty narrative.


I'm not a lefty.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 22:04 - Jul 7 with 1135 viewsKeithHaynes

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 18:41 - Jul 7 by Gwyn737

Yeah, but Starmer got some free clobber and spectacles, didn't he?

And it's not as if Nigel went on and on about it.....

It's not a witch hunt. It's scrutiny. Farage went into hiding for weeks but it didn't work.


Think he got a bit more than that, plus a gifted apartment for his son during covid. Football tickets ? They are all grifters.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Would you like to appear here as a Welsh football writer?

0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 22:15 - Jul 7 with 1104 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 18:09 - Jul 7 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If there’s any truth in his claim that reporters have been harassing his daughter then that is absolutely beyond reproach. Sky news have released a statement that there has been an “operation pool at an address linked to Farage but the occupant chose not to engage”.

It’s beyond disgusting.


There's very little truth in it apparently.

The press went to a house of his to interview him, he'd previously had a photo shoot outside of it fully displaying the address, his daughter is now living there instead of Farage. The press didn't know that. They didn't publish where she was, Farage did previously.

It's not in Clacton obviously because he didn't buy a house there his girlfriend did.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 22:17 - Jul 7 with 1107 viewsmax936

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:35 - Jul 7 by majorraglan

I’m not a lefty and I’ve never voted Labour. All I want to see is good governance where we can trust people to do the right things for the rights reasons.

On the face of what we’ve seen, Farage has trousered a fair chunk of cash and there’s questions to be answered, given that he’s potentially going to be our next PM I think it’s only reasonable that he’s held to account, otherwise we could end up like other countries who are run by corrupt politicians and grifters who are brazenly out for their own ends.

If I took a £5m bung in my old job, I’d have a lot of explaining to do!


I don't care who you vote for I've no interest in who you are or what you do but you belittling attempt with your post "Witch Hunt Witch Hunt"

Tells me a lot.

I can't stand Farage like I've said many many times on here and I wouldn't vote for him or his party, I posted what I felt and was my opinion.

Don't bother replying.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 22:44 - Jul 7 with 1086 viewsBoundy

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:55 - Jul 7 by max936

Total Guff to you as expected doesn't suit your lefty narrative.


and yet 6 months ago :

https://www.bing.com/videos/ri

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

1
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 22:48 - Jul 7 with 1085 viewsBoundy

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 20:46 - Jul 7 by Scotia

Surely the important art is the finding of the NCA?

Apparently it was reported because banks pay particular attention to the transactions involving so-called “politically exposed persons” because they are deemed to be at greater risk of bribery, corruption or other criminality.

Obvs not Nigel.
[Post edited 7 Jul 20:50]


many a time you've scoffed at news which was for example presented by GB News and now its important what the content is and not the teller

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 23:28 - Jul 7 with 1041 viewsmax936

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 21:56 - Jul 7 by Scotia

I'm not a lefty.


You're in denial pal anyway I couldn't care less what you think are , all I know is that you are so far up yourself that you think you are right about everything and you always post as if you've got some sort of authority well you haven't on here.

How your battle with the environmental issues we all face? you're more concerned with people's views on this country's politics which is an utter shambles.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 04:31 - Jul 8 with 956 viewsAnotherJohn

Obviously, there are questions to answer. At the moment the key point is that the transfers of funds occurred in the period before Farage became an MP, and the key issue is whether gifts made in a 12 month period were personal or served political ends. More things may come to light, but so far there is no solid evidence for the more extravagant Guardian claims about money laundering etc. If Farage wins the by-election the formal investigation will resume and we should learn more.

I have to say that personally I want Farage to keep going for a while. His main utility lies in forcing the legacy parties to move to policies more in tune with the wishes of the majority of the lectorate. If the liberal establishment succeed in torpedoing Farage now (and there is no doubt that there is a coordinated attempt to do just that), we will slip back all too easily into the policy mindset that have got us into our present mess. i don't want Farage as PM, but Reform needs to keep working away to 'encourage the others' for a year or two yet.
1
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 05:39 - Jul 8 with 942 viewsWhiterockin

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 04:31 - Jul 8 by AnotherJohn

Obviously, there are questions to answer. At the moment the key point is that the transfers of funds occurred in the period before Farage became an MP, and the key issue is whether gifts made in a 12 month period were personal or served political ends. More things may come to light, but so far there is no solid evidence for the more extravagant Guardian claims about money laundering etc. If Farage wins the by-election the formal investigation will resume and we should learn more.

I have to say that personally I want Farage to keep going for a while. His main utility lies in forcing the legacy parties to move to policies more in tune with the wishes of the majority of the lectorate. If the liberal establishment succeed in torpedoing Farage now (and there is no doubt that there is a coordinated attempt to do just that), we will slip back all too easily into the policy mindset that have got us into our present mess. i don't want Farage as PM, but Reform needs to keep working away to 'encourage the others' for a year or two yet.


Spot on.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 06:21 - Jul 8 with 924 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 22:48 - Jul 7 by Boundy

many a time you've scoffed at news which was for example presented by GB News and now its important what the content is and not the teller


It's the content that's always important, that's my point.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 06:28 - Jul 8 with 917 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 04:31 - Jul 8 by AnotherJohn

Obviously, there are questions to answer. At the moment the key point is that the transfers of funds occurred in the period before Farage became an MP, and the key issue is whether gifts made in a 12 month period were personal or served political ends. More things may come to light, but so far there is no solid evidence for the more extravagant Guardian claims about money laundering etc. If Farage wins the by-election the formal investigation will resume and we should learn more.

I have to say that personally I want Farage to keep going for a while. His main utility lies in forcing the legacy parties to move to policies more in tune with the wishes of the majority of the lectorate. If the liberal establishment succeed in torpedoing Farage now (and there is no doubt that there is a coordinated attempt to do just that), we will slip back all too easily into the policy mindset that have got us into our present mess. i don't want Farage as PM, but Reform needs to keep working away to 'encourage the others' for a year or two yet.


If it's a coordinated attempt the fool is giving the "establishments" the ammunition, putting it in the gun and placing the finger on the trigger.

All this corrupt piece of filth is doing is lying and causing division for his own ends.

The last time we heard this "establishment are out to get me" rubbish it was from Corbyn. Thankfully he's disappeared in to the political backwater, hopefully Farage drowns in it
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 06:34 - Jul 8 with 908 viewsScotia

It looks like the only candidates are Farage and Count Binface.

I think Farage will pull the plug and resign rather than face humiliation. Part of me hopes he doesn't now.
0
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 08:02 - Jul 8 with 851 viewsWhiterockin

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 06:34 - Jul 8 by Scotia

It looks like the only candidates are Farage and Count Binface.

I think Farage will pull the plug and resign rather than face humiliation. Part of me hopes he doesn't now.


I see it differently. The major parties are running scared because Reform are shaking up politics. If they had put up candidates they would have probably lost anyway. I believe the claims made against Farage were before he was a MP, I would prefer to wait and see if he has broken any rules. If he has he should be punished, but if he hasn't he is going to wipe the floor with the humiliated other parties and win the next GE at a canter. Do I want him to be PM no but I want him to continue changing British politics for a while yet.
3
Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 09:12 - Jul 8 with 781 viewsScotia

Farage resigns as MP for Clacton on 08:02 - Jul 8 by Whiterockin

I see it differently. The major parties are running scared because Reform are shaking up politics. If they had put up candidates they would have probably lost anyway. I believe the claims made against Farage were before he was a MP, I would prefer to wait and see if he has broken any rules. If he has he should be punished, but if he hasn't he is going to wipe the floor with the humiliated other parties and win the next GE at a canter. Do I want him to be PM no but I want him to continue changing British politics for a while yet.


This by election isn't about politics. Farage has called it to try and distract from his expense claim problems with politics and, if he gets re-elected, hide behind the elctorate of Clacton.

The other parties haven't indulged him. All the scrutiny is on Farage, all of the media coverage is on Farage and the investigation will still rumble on. Will he appear on a Makerfield style Question Time with just him and Binface? No, he couldn't handle it. Will he be interviewed extensively by poiltical correspondants with nobody else to deflect to? No. He'd get angry again, because it's his only defence.

He's gambled and is going to end up with egg on his face.
0
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Online Safety Advertising
© FansNetwork 2026