Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk Today 19:48 - Nov 9 with 2319 viewsDavillin

Why has there not been a thread about Monk's performance today? Best since he took over.

Thoroughly excellent [although somewhat surprising] starting team, even though needed because of injury problems. In my opinion, arguably the best performance by the team since Monk took over.

Excellent [again somewhat surprising] and inspired substitutions actually made the team play even better.

[This difficulty to compete we are reputed to have is getting tedious.]

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Monk Today on 19:58 - Nov 9 with 1755 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Absolutely superb, is this the first time we've come from a goal down to win this season? If so makes the performance all the more satisfying. Great subs at the right time and didn't flinch to send you Barrow on. 10/10 for Garry, especially going for the win when sometimes this term we've sat back and been satisfied with a draw. When we took the lead we didn't take our foot off the gas. So chuffed

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Monk Today on 20:00 - Nov 9 with 1744 viewsorion3016

Monk Today on 19:58 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Absolutely superb, is this the first time we've come from a goal down to win this season? If so makes the performance all the more satisfying. Great subs at the right time and didn't flinch to send you Barrow on. 10/10 for Garry, especially going for the win when sometimes this term we've sat back and been satisfied with a draw. When we took the lead we didn't take our foot off the gas. So chuffed

Ian Wright gave him huge compliments on 606

Be over there now after

Monk Today on 20:01 - Nov 9 with 1738 viewsRancid

I mentioned his canny substitutions on another thread but they deserve a thread on its own.We're in good hands.
Monk Today on 20:15 - Nov 9 with 1665 viewsDarran

Monk Today on 19:58 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Snigger.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Today on 20:17 - Nov 9 with 1642 viewsStarsky

Monk Today on 20:00 - Nov 9 by orion3016

What did he say?

It's just the internet, init.

Monk Today on 20:20 - Nov 9 with 1599 viewsairedale

Makes our chairman's previous comments about being competitive against whoever we play, as a response to our previous manager's fatalistic pragmatism, very poignant at this time of the day.
Monk Today on 20:21 - Nov 9 with 1584 viewsthomasJack

how long a contract does he have

Poll: Next signing

Monk Today on 20:24 - Nov 9 with 1559 viewsymaohyd

Monk Today on 20:20 - Nov 9 by airedale

Makes our chairman's previous comments about being competitive against whoever we play, as a response to our previous manager's fatalistic pragmatism, very poignant at this time of the day.

Spot on.

I think I'm right in saying that we picked up just 2 points from the top 7 last season out of 42.

This season all ready we've picked up 7 points.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Login to get fewer ads

Monk Today on 20:25 - Nov 9 with 1555 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Monk Today on 20:15 - Nov 9 by Darran

Snigger.

W*nker

Monk Today on 20:25 - Nov 9 with 1554 viewsVetchitBack

This x 100.

Funnily enough I got called an idiot by a very mysterious and angry member of this forum as I criticised our defeatist attitude against Arsenal home last year in which we didn't win.

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Monk Today on 20:25 - Nov 9 with 1553 viewsHubert

He has made us a team in his own image - anyone who remebers his last ditch block in the play off final will know what I mean.

The last few games have seen us fighting more than we have ever done before, and the results against Everton and Arsenal are ones we wouldnt have got without that fight.

Keep up the good work and the belief !
Monk Today on 20:26 - Nov 9 with 1533 viewsymaohyd

Monk Today on 20:25 - Nov 9 by Hubert

He has made us a team in his own image - anyone who remebers his last ditch block in the play off final will know what I mean.

The last few games have seen us fighting more than we have ever done before, and the results against Everton and Arsenal are ones we wouldnt have got without that fight.

Keep up the good work and the belief !

Anyone who remembers?!

I know we have some new fans...not that new surely?

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Monk Today on 20:27 - Nov 9 with 1518 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We just didn't give up today. Other games have seen us take the lead and sink back into our shells deeper and deeper, inviting the oppo on to us. The subs were key critical in this respect, Barrow pressed hard as did Gomis. Great to see him score

Monk Today on 20:30 - Nov 9 with 1489 viewsdantheswansman

I agree with what a lot of the pundits say , Monk has brought a big emphasis on defending and boy does it show .
There has been quite a lot of games this season which i have thought , last season we would have lost that .
I will also admit that when i heard Monk was taking control he wouldn't be able to bring in quality signing's
How wrong i was ...
Monk Today on 20:31 - Nov 9 with 1487 viewsDarran

Monk Today on 20:25 - Nov 9 by Brynmill_Jack

W*nker

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk Today on 20:31 - Nov 9 with 1486 viewsItchySphincter

Monk Today on 20:00 - Nov 9 by orion3016

Ian Wright reckons Chelsea, Man City, Soton, Swans top four. Tongue in cheek a bit but he said it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Monk Today on 20:49 - Nov 9 with 1389 viewsC_jack

He rolled the wheel well, instead of trying to re-invent it. Leon for the last 5 was an encouraging sign.

Although in balance, he didn't exactly have a headache over who to select today.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

Monk Today on 20:57 - Nov 9 with 1322 viewslonglostjack

I wish I could deliver a congratulatory letter to his house !

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Monk Today on 20:59 - Nov 9 with 1309 viewsWxmJax

Monk Today on 20:30 - Nov 9 by dantheswansman

I agree with what a lot of the pundits say , Monk has brought a big emphasis on defending and boy does it show .
There has been quite a lot of games this season which i have thought , last season we would have lost that .
I will also admit that when i heard Monk was taking control he wouldn't be able to bring in quality signing's
How wrong i was ...

But it's great to be wrong. I bet you're loving it being wrong

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Monk Today on 21:01 - Nov 9 with 1285 viewsRancid

Monk Today on 20:57 - Nov 9 by longlostjack

Send a Tweet instead.Far easier and acceptable nowadays.
Monk Today on 21:08 - Nov 9 with 1232 viewsorion3016

Monk Today on 20:17 - Nov 9 by Starsky

What did he say?

He speaks incredibly well talks a load of sense is extremely knowledgeable about the game is modern in his approach and passionate or words to that effect

Be over there now after

Monk Today on 21:16 - Nov 9 with 1170 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Monk Today on 20:57 - Nov 9 by longlostjack

I wonder what suggestions were in the letter...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Monk Today on 21:28 - Nov 9 with 1115 viewswaynekerr55

I was thinking exactly the same in the car driving up the M4 tonight.

Ambivalence kills, ambition is critical

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk Today on 21:32 - Nov 9 with 1070 viewstrampie

Monk Today on 21:28 - Nov 9 by waynekerr55

I was thinking exactly the same in the car driving up the M4 tonight.

Ambivalence kills, ambition is critical

Monk got his subs right today, everything went well, Swans squad beat Arsenal today and that just shows how far we have come when our squad players beat a regular Champions League side.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Monk Today on 21:33 - Nov 9 with 1068 viewsPtpeaty

A www heck guys. GM is having a good streak following on from his 'Manager of the Month' award. Couple to this his positive interviews and the eloquence with which he speaks, and I see trouble ahead. He's becoming a very saleable commodity as a manager. Hope we keep him for a few years more! Garry, remember you are a JB and thanks for giving us such a bloody good start to the season mate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024