Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
have we got the worst away support 11:02 - Sep 19 with 2466 viewsowainglyndwr

Numbers wise .

I am not knocking the fans that travel and spend lots of money I take my hat off to them

Just our support away seems to be the least in the premiership.
It maybe me but we seemed to have more traveling in the Championship.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 18:53]
have we got the worst away support on 11:08 - Sep 19 with 1968 viewsMillie

Our support is dwindling but the novelty of going to the big clubs is over, the scramble for Man U and Liverpool the first year was enormous, now if you want to go, you'll go, at £20 a ticket it can't be price sensitive
have we got the worst away support on 11:10 - Sep 19 with 1965 viewsLohengrin

In all honesty if you ask long-time supporters the chances are most will tell you that away days in the Premier are nowhere near as much fun as they used to be in the Championship or League 1.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

have we got the worst away support on 11:11 - Sep 19 with 1955 viewsShonky

Kidderminsters food....

Its just a ride...

have we got the worst away support on 11:14 - Sep 19 with 1939 viewsMillie

have we got the worst away support on 11:10 - Sep 19 by Lohengrin

In all honesty if you ask long-time supporters the chances are most will tell you that away days in the Premier are nowhere near as much fun as they used to be in the Championship or League 1.

I love London trips and the bigger the better, we'll take 3,000 to Arsenal as its on a Saturday
have we got the worst away support on 12:49 - Sep 19 with 1797 viewsDafyddHuw

Why would you spend an arm and a leg to watch that shyte that our team came up with yesterfday?
have we got the worst away support on 12:54 - Sep 19 with 1768 viewsyescomeon

Considering what was going on on the pitch the support sounded class yesterday.

Upthecity!

have we got the worst away support on 12:57 - Sep 19 with 1740 viewsjack247

Geography plays a part in this. I know it's slack, but I'd go more often if away games were a tube ride away.
have we got the worst away support on 12:57 - Sep 19 with 1735 viewsDarran

have we got the worst away support on 12:49 - Sep 19 by DafyddHuw

Why would you spend an arm and a leg to watch that shyte that our team came up with yesterfday?

Whoa.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Login to get fewer ads

have we got the worst away support on 13:30 - Sep 19 with 1644 viewsmacthejack

I wish we'd give it a rest with singing songs about Iceland/Iceland clap (and the Euro 2016 songs in general). F*cking tedious it is.
have we got the worst away support on 13:33 - Sep 19 with 1633 viewsyescomeon

have we got the worst away support on 13:30 - Sep 19 by macthejack

I wish we'd give it a rest with singing songs about Iceland/Iceland clap (and the Euro 2016 songs in general). F*cking tedious it is.

It's good fun. Especially on the lash, when nowhere near a football match, and for no reason what-so-ever.

Upthecity!

have we got the worst away support on 13:38 - Sep 19 with 1609 viewsLeonisGod

have we got the worst away support on 11:08 - Sep 19 by Millie

Our support is dwindling but the novelty of going to the big clubs is over, the scramble for Man U and Liverpool the first year was enormous, now if you want to go, you'll go, at £20 a ticket it can't be price sensitive

Travel's the killer on away games, not the ticket prices. I think we have the longest overall travel distances of any PL club too if I remember correctly. Add in the stupid kick off times for many games too and it's no wonder people are turned off.

It would be interesting to see some stats though - we always have decent turnouts to the away games I go to .
have we got the worst away support on 13:42 - Sep 19 with 1598 viewsMillie

have we got the worst away support on 13:38 - Sep 19 by LeonisGod

Travel's the killer on away games, not the ticket prices. I think we have the longest overall travel distances of any PL club too if I remember correctly. Add in the stupid kick off times for many games too and it's no wonder people are turned off.

It would be interesting to see some stats though - we always have decent turnouts to the away games I go to .

We're in there in the bottom half which is understandable with the distance
Places like Newcastle and Sunderland where we are up in the gods is a thing of the past, clubs have to put away followers pitchside
have we got the worst away support on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 1575 viewsShonky

have we got the worst away support on 12:49 - Sep 19 by DafyddHuw

Figures that you have no concept of support. We were shyt for twenty years and still had a few hundred folks who went away and took their medicine.
Hopefully if we do go down cnts like you will fk off.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 13:48]

Its just a ride...

have we got the worst away support on 13:55 - Sep 19 with 1536 viewspencoedjack

have we got the worst away support on 13:42 - Sep 19 by Millie

We're in there in the bottom half which is understandable with the distance
Places like Newcastle and Sunderland where we are up in the gods is a thing of the past, clubs have to put away followers pitchside

Sunderland filled all the away section of WHL yesterday for a 4 o clock game on Sky.

They are in the bottom half & Sunderland to London is a distance.

Everton filled the away section at Sunderland (up in the gods) on Monday night

So Id say your reasoning is incorrect.
have we got the worst away support on 13:59 - Sep 19 with 1532 viewsswanstillidai

have we got the worst away support on 13:30 - Sep 19 by macthejack

Spot on.

For a while now I've been standing there, at away games, grimacing at the same old loop over and over again.

Especially the East stand ninjas that sing in that fake cockerny accent of theirs.
have we got the worst away support on 14:13 - Sep 19 with 1487 viewsMillie

have we got the worst away support on 13:55 - Sep 19 by pencoedjack

Sunderland filled all the away section of WHL yesterday for a 4 o clock game on Sky.

I know many who love a weekend in Newcastle but won't go because they are a quarter of a mile from the corner flag, others take binoculers, my reasoning is not incorrect but an opinion, the fact that away fans won't have to be up in the gods and pitchside is a bonus

Everton are rightly proud that they have one of the best away following in the country
have we got the worst away support on 14:19 - Sep 19 with 1473 viewsfbreath

Apart from the performance, yesterday was a great day out. Great trip on supporters bus with nice spot of food in Winchester

The sun was shining, they had a jazz band playing out the front of the stadium before the game.

The stewards were extremely friendly, the staff serving drinks etc were very polite and efficient and hardly any queues.

Great example of how to treat people at a football game.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

have we got the worst away support on 14:51 - Sep 19 with 1403 viewsmorningstar

have we got the worst away support on 13:55 - Sep 19 by pencoedjack

With good road links the travel distance from Sunderland to London is 3hrs 39 mins. Just 40 mins longer than the time it takes us to get to West Brom, our closest fixture.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

have we got the worst away support on 14:59 - Sep 19 with 1383 viewspencoedjack

have we got the worst away support on 14:51 - Sep 19 by morningstar

With good road links the travel distance from Sunderland to London is 3hrs 39 mins. Just 40 mins longer than the time it takes us to get to West Brom, our closest fixture.

It has never taken me 3 hours to get to West Brom

Our away support yesterday was crap (I agree with lots of the reasons why) but its still crap.

Sunderland at Spurs 4pm on a Sunday / Everton at Sunderland 8pm on a Monday both games on Sky I was disagreeing with a poster on his reasoning which I still do.

Anyway most of our newbie fans love a trip to the Emirates, so no doubt it will be a sell out.
have we got the worst away support on 15:01 - Sep 19 with 1368 viewsMillie

have we got the worst away support on 14:59 - Sep 19 by pencoedjack

Our away support yesterday was crap (I agree with lots of the reasons why) but its still crap.

Sunderland at Spurs 4pm on a Sunday / Everton at Sunderland 8pm on a Monday both games on Sky I was disagreeing with a poster on his reasoning which I still do.

Anyway most of our newbie fans love a trip to the Emirates, so no doubt it will be a sell out.

1300 is not too shabby, we are a small club whether some of our fans like it or not
have we got the worst away support on 15:09 - Sep 19 with 1347 viewsDewi1jack

have we got the worst away support on 11:11 - Sep 19 by Shonky

Kidderminsters food....

Was that the lad who cooked fresh homemade burgers? Really decent

Think Crawley's was a burger van outside the away terrace doing everything decent and well (but bad for you,) you could want
Been some good food places at the lower league clubs- always put ours to shame.

Possibly excepting Swindon- running out of everything except bread rolls by around HT when it was freezing and p1ssing down!

Our away support has nearly always been noisy- even when it's been less than a 100 we've tried to be heard.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

have we got the worst away support on 15:09 - Sep 19 with 1345 viewsBatterseajack

have we got the worst away support on 14:59 - Sep 19 by pencoedjack

I definitely didn't make our support any better yesterday, i nearly fell asleep in the first half. I put the blame on the excessive boozing that took place on the night before.

That said, there doesn't seem to be many 3pm Saturday kick offs any more for away games. If your going to throw a load of money at an away day, you want to make a day of it and make the most of travelling to another town. That's where the fun's at on an away day. Southampton would have been great for this but it was moved to a Sunday and most of us have work in a Monday.
have we got the worst away support on 16:33 - Sep 19 with 1199 viewsswanskid95

If it's not numbers wise it's the noise from our fans, Burnley was good, but Leicester and Southampton was dreadful, been to nearly every away game in the last 3 years, maybe missing 4 out of them all, and can safetly say our fans are on a downward spiral, if we do go down to the championship, it will really seperate the fans and the day trippers, and we might actually have an atmosphere again
have we got the worst away support on 16:38 - Sep 19 with 1187 viewsbuilthjack

have we got the worst away support on 13:59 - Sep 19 by swanstillidai

Spot on.

For a while now I've been standing there, at away games, grimacing at the same old loop over and over again.

Especially the East stand ninjas that sing in that fake cockerny accent of theirs.

You could compose a song

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

have we got the worst away support on 16:41 - Sep 19 with 1183 viewsepaul

have we got the worst away support on 14:19 - Sep 19 by fbreath

Apart from the performance, yesterday was a great day out. Great trip on supporters bus with nice spot of food in Winchester

The sun was shining, they had a jazz band playing out the front of the stadium before the game.

The stewards were extremely friendly, the staff serving drinks etc were very polite and efficient and hardly any queues.

Great example of how to treat people at a football game.

Same hear apart from the game the whole day out was great about a dozen of us down from London, the added bonus as well yesterday I met up with an oppo I hadn't seen for 26 years, when we both worked together on HMS Cornwall, so that kinda put the footie game in persepective.
I like going to Soton away it's a good trip and a good day out plus did my usual yesterday and fell asleep on train missing my stop

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024