Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson 15:23 - Aug 17 with 6440 viewsswanseajack4eva

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40960713

Clement appears to believe ... operative phrase is "can be better" ... if funds are used to strengthen.
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:24 - Aug 17 with 5088 viewsE20Jack

I think you can even change "can" to "should".

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:31 - Aug 17 with 5033 views34dfgdf54

He seems more upbeat now Siggy has gone fair play.

Need to get business done by middle of next week, Man Utd game is a write off for me, start off with the same team against Southampton and it's going to be a long afternoon, a point would be a massive bonus.

The squad is desperate for 3/4 new faces.
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:33 - Aug 17 with 5011 viewsBorojack

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:31 - Aug 17 by 34dfgdf54

Need to get business done by middle of next week, Man Utd game is a write off for me, start off with the same team against Southampton and it's going to be a long afternoon, a point would be a massive bonus.

Burnley won at Chelsea last week
We are unbeaten in the last 6.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:35 - Aug 17 with 4997 viewsraynor94

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:31 - Aug 17 by 34dfgdf54

If something on the transfer front could happen before Saturday, it would give us all a massive psychological boost

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:40 - Aug 17 with 4969 viewsairedale

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:35 - Aug 17 by raynor94

If something on the transfer front could happen before Saturday, it would give us all a massive psychological boost

Yeah it would be good for all of us Rayns, but we haven't got to mark Pogba.
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:42 - Aug 17 with 4949 viewsJackSkellington

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:40 - Aug 17 by airedale

Yeah it would be good for all of us Rayns, but we haven't got to mark Pogba.

"mark Pogba"

Is that Paul's lesser known brother?
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:02 - Aug 17 with 4820 viewsLoyal

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 15:33 - Aug 17 by Borojack

Burnley won at Chelsea last week
We are unbeaten in the last 6.

Man Utd hate playing us, we roll them over quite often.
Granted last season at home was iffy. But PC Wasnt here then.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:12 - Aug 17 with 4771 viewsairedale

With the exception of Tammy, all our new players are going to be late starters for us, and one or two may even come in January. Looks to me that it could be some time before the team jellies.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:12 - Aug 17 with 4770 viewsJackSkellington

Also, anyone else notice how in his presser Clement specifically said there were no disciplinary issues with Gylfi and that he didn't travel to America because at the time they were under the impression the deal would be done that weekend. He also confirmed the decision was made between them that Gylfi wouldn't play in the last two games specifically to avoid injury which would obviously halt the transfer.

I looked out for it but there was no mention of the PS version where Gylfi is the devil incarnate and "refused" to go to America or to play for us. Whatever, he's gone now. Lets hope he has his best headless chicken days when Everton play Swansea.
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:14 - Aug 17 with 4750 viewsTheResurrection

Even better without him....

Improve our style of play....

Not irreplaceable....

Well, well, well, well..........

For the usual mugs hanging on my every word...... READ AND LEARN.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:24 - Aug 17 with 4677 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:12 - Aug 17 by JackSkellington

Also, anyone else notice how in his presser Clement specifically said there were no disciplinary issues with Gylfi and that he didn't travel to America because at the time they were under the impression the deal would be done that weekend. He also confirmed the decision was made between them that Gylfi wouldn't play in the last two games specifically to avoid injury which would obviously halt the transfer.

I looked out for it but there was no mention of the PS version where Gylfi is the devil incarnate and "refused" to go to America or to play for us. Whatever, he's gone now. Lets hope he has his best headless chicken days when Everton play Swansea.

He said Siggy decided not to go to the States as he felt the deal would go through that weekend. He said there were no disciplinary issues but often said he wanted to work with players that wanted to work and be here.

Fúck Siggy.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:24 - Aug 17 with 4676 viewsDafyddHuw

Yes, I agree with Clement.

That's why Chelsea are going to sell all their first team and replace them with journeymen, cos their team will be better.
Makes perfect sense really.
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:37 - Aug 17 with 4623 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:14 - Aug 17 by TheResurrection

Not irreplaceable....

Well he isn't going to say 'We are fvcked without siggy' is he
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:50 - Aug 17 with 4542 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:14 - Aug 17 by TheResurrection

Not irreplaceable....

thats not quite what he said.....Swansea City head coach Paul Clement says the club could end up with a better team despite the departure of key midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson

"We want to improve our playing squad, we want to improve our style we want to win more games we believe that with the funds we have available we can strengthen the squad and end up being a better team

Clement was not prepared to talk about other clubs' players but admitted it was a "big challenge" to replace Sigurdsson, who was key to the Swans' Premier League survival last season with nine goals and 13 assists.

"We have not got Gylfi but we could potentially bring in not just one for one, but potentially two or three players to strengthen the squad in various positions," said Clement.

Also what would you expect him to say "without Gylfi we are stuffed"

No one is indispensible and we have seen in the past how we have moved on....all the way through our history players like Ivor,CLiff Jones,Curt,Robbie,Trundle,Bony have moved on and Ash last season....the issue is who we replace Gylfi with

Yes I will read and learn but at the moment I am more concerned this whole thing will explode in our faces and relegation will be upon us NOT because we have sold Gylfi but of what do next. In recent times our player aquisition has been very suspect I would suggest Michu, andBony were the stand out successes,the return of Gylfi I dont count as we already knew him..then I suppose we have to look at Alfie...who most on here were lambasting this time last year,Olsen looked to be a good signing Carrol again someone we knew...but for me the jury is still out on Narsingh and Ayew.With Gylfi we knew what we were getting I am not sure those currently responsible for bringing in new players really know what will be a good fit.....look at last seasons record spend!
You are even questioning Mesa at the moment so how are the mere mortals who have to make the choices going to get it right this time?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:00 - Aug 17 with 4500 viewsPrivate_Partz

Not irreplaceable....

Well you seem to be hanging on to his every word.
Talk is cheap. He has to deliver now and more importantly our DOF and his recruiting team have to pull their fingers out to make this a reality. Something i have real concerns about.
Losing Siggy need not be the end of the world and teams can be rejigged and rebuilt under a new coach.
A lot of water has to flow under the bridge before that happens......and pdq as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:02 - Aug 17 with 4494 viewsMrSwerve

Not irreplaceable....

I think that post was probably the most predictable in PS history.

Ever the diplomat though. Stop calling people mugs and they may listen to you.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:23 - Aug 17 with 4406 viewsDr_Winston

The best football we played during our time in the Prem, perhaps ever, did not involve Sigurdsson. Clement is quite correct in stating that the presence of Gylfi is not essential.

More important to get our attack functioning on a more fluid basis, which will require players who can move the ball quickly and accurately in the danger areas.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:28 - Aug 17 with 4371 viewsEasternJack

Doesn't matter how right (or wrong) someone may be - whatever they've got to say is lost if they're a rude c*nt

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:39 - Aug 17 with 4325 viewsmagicdaps10

Totally agree we can be better post Siggy IF we invest well in 3/4 players in positions needed AND suit the way we intend to play.

I dont think sppunking 20+ million on Chadli or paying over 12m on Clucas is the right path.

We need creativity and goals in the final third and stronger depth at Centre Half and Right Back.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:47 - Aug 17 with 4288 viewsDafyddHuw

I thought Clement said at the begining of the close season that we should hang on to our best players.

That's not what he said today.
Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:52 - Aug 17 with 4255 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:47 - Aug 17 by DafyddHuw

I thought Clement said at the begining of the close season that we should hang on to our best players.

There are quite a few different types of AM. Siggurdson is just one of them. Perhaps Clement (like Laudrup) has a differnt kind in mind.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 18:06 - Aug 17 with 4196 viewsraynor94

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:24 - Aug 17 by DafyddHuw

Yes, I agree with Clement.

That's why Chelsea are going to sell all their first team and replace them with journeymen, cos their team will be better.
Makes perfect sense really.

So what are you going to do with a player who doesn't want to be here? and who are these journey men you speak of?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 18:49 - Aug 17 with 4072 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 17:47 - Aug 17 by DafyddHuw

I think he said we were not a selling club but in Siggy's case he wanted a new challenge. So it is hang in to our best players..... unless they want to go.
[Post edited 17 Aug 2017 19:34]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 19:00 - Aug 17 with 4026 viewsTheResurrection

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 16:50 - Aug 17 by vetchonian

thats not quite what he said.....Swansea City head coach Paul Clement says the club could end up with a better team despite the departure of key midfielder Gylfi Sigurdsson

"We want to improve our playing squad, we want to improve our style we want to win more games we believe that with the funds we have available we can strengthen the squad and end up being a better team

Clement was not prepared to talk about other clubs' players but admitted it was a "big challenge" to replace Sigurdsson, who was key to the Swans' Premier League survival last season with nine goals and 13 assists.

"We have not got Gylfi but we could potentially bring in not just one for one, but potentially two or three players to strengthen the squad in various positions," said Clement.

Also what would you expect him to say "without Gylfi we are stuffed"

No one is indispensible and we have seen in the past how we have moved on....all the way through our history players like Ivor,CLiff Jones,Curt,Robbie,Trundle,Bony have moved on and Ash last season....the issue is who we replace Gylfi with

Yes I will read and learn but at the moment I am more concerned this whole thing will explode in our faces and relegation will be upon us NOT because we have sold Gylfi but of what do next. In recent times our player aquisition has been very suspect I would suggest Michu, andBony were the stand out successes,the return of Gylfi I dont count as we already knew him..then I suppose we have to look at Alfie...who most on here were lambasting this time last year,Olsen looked to be a good signing Carrol again someone we knew...but for me the jury is still out on Narsingh and Ayew.With Gylfi we knew what we were getting I am not sure those currently responsible for bringing in new players really know what will be a good fit.....look at last seasons record spend!
You are even questioning Mesa at the moment so how are the mere mortals who have to make the choices going to get it right this time?

Which is EXACTLY what I've been saying for months and months.

Just admit it. You'll feel better when you bend the knee.

Swansea City: Clement says team can be better without Sigurdsson on 19:00 - Aug 17 with 4025 viewslonglostjack

Clement is a good coach. I'm not worried about replacing Siggy. I am worried that not all funds will be reinvested. I also worry about Clement's ability to get the type of player he wants when Moneyball and HJ are drawing up the shortlist.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024