Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement slates strikers 19:43 - Sep 30 with 12470 viewsGTCJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-clement-slams-str

“But when we get to the attacking third, it’s too often a hopeless ball into the box, the front players aren’t ready or too static. The front players have to start doing better.

“They might not get pin-point service, but good strikers battle away even in difficult games to get that opportunity. It’s just not happening at the moment.”

What about the system Paul?

What's more worrying for me...

“It’s very frustrating. Our football was better which was something we spoke about doing after Watford. We wanted to get back to our identity, the one shown here for many years and in the last few months of last season, and I thought it was moving in the right direction here.

Now he achieved great things last year, but he is very much confused if he thinks last season was anything like our identity.
Clement slates strikers on 19:46 - Sep 30 with 6257 viewsSmellyplumz

Club should make him take a drugs test seriously.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clement slates strikers on 19:47 - Sep 30 with 6239 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

He no longer has one of the world's best headers of the ball and one of the best dead ball experts in the league, in his squad. Without them he is being exposed as the fraud he is.

Lumping it in to the box can only get you so far. Without that option he is hopeless.

The thing is we cross it in to Abraham or whoever but we haven't pulled their players out of position at all. They'll usually have both centre backs plus a midfielder or two in the six yard box positioned ready for any cross. It is like a training ground exercise defending against us.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 20:16]

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Clement slates strikers on 19:52 - Sep 30 with 6213 viewsdickythorpe

This is nothing new Paul!!!! It's been going on for several seasons!!!!
Clement slates strikers on 20:03 - Sep 30 with 6174 viewsicecoldjack

Clement needs to deflect from the players here. He's on his way to losing them if he carries on this way, when your supply routes to the front men are coming from Naughton(who again was one of our better performers) and hit and hope from Carol then its always going to be a problem.

He has a huge problem IMO , he doens't seem to know how to fashion an attack and be creative, top players create their own but we don't have any of those. We sold them last season for £ 57 m so we can apparently build a better team... jeez, it's gonna be a long hard season !
Clement slates strikers on 20:06 - Sep 30 with 6144 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 19:47 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

He no longer has one of the world's best headers of the ball and one of the best dead ball experts in the league, in his squad. Without them he is being exposed as the fraud he is.

Lumping it in to the box can only get you so far. Without that option he is hopeless.

The thing is we cross it in to Abraham or whoever but we haven't pulled their players out of position at all. They'll usually have both centre backs plus a midfielder or two in the six yard box positioned ready for any cross. It is like a training ground exercise defending against us.

Shame the worlds best headers of the ball and best dead ball expert in the league didn't stop us losing 1-0 there last year in which was an awful performance where I don't believe we mustered a shot.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clement slates strikers on 20:12 - Sep 30 with 6109 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Clement slates strikers on 19:47 - Sep 30 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Rubbish, we were crap last year and he found the key to winning, which was LLorente and dead balls.
This year he hasn't got even that much luxury, so he has to find another key and he is still looking for it, it may not even exist.
We do not have players even of Andy Carrolls quality let alone their other attackers.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 20:14]
Clement slates strikers on 20:19 - Sep 30 with 6075 viewscostalotta

No they didn't do much in that game for sure. Wasn't that midway through PCs bad run? 5 losses and 1 draw in 6 games? But they did play a massive part in picking up 29 point in the second half of the season, 19 games.

During those 19 games i seem to remember Fernando carry a knock and may have even missed a game or two?

No doubt about it we are missing them at this moment.
Clement slates strikers on 20:19 - Sep 30 with 6075 viewsicecoldjack

Clement slates strikers on 20:06 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Shame the worlds best headers of the ball and best dead ball expert in the league didn't stop us losing 1-0 there last year in which was an awful performance where I don't believe we mustered a shot.

In fairness we lose there most seasons.

It's just general frustration seeing what we are now and remembering what we once were...while still mostly losing at West Ham !

Fingers crossed for clement though, i think he is having a big test now, sink or swim time, if he gets through this then it will be good news for all concerned.
Login to get fewer ads

Clement slates strikers on 20:21 - Sep 30 with 6054 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement slates strikers on 20:06 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

Clutching at straws there mucker, we miss them and it shows.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clement slates strikers on 20:24 - Sep 30 with 6024 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 20:21 - Sep 30 by Smellyplumz

There is no clutching at straws at all.

We lost there 1-0 last season and lost there 1-0 this season. I think people are a bit hazy eyed thinking about this pair. We were awful the majority of the time when they were in our side so attributing our awfulness in the present day to them leaving is a bit... silly, shall we say.

Clement slates strikers on 20:25 - Sep 30 with 6028 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 20:03 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

Clement needs to deflect from the players here. He's on his way to losing them if he carries on this way, when your supply routes to the front men are coming from Naughton(who again was one of our better performers) and hit and hope from Carol then its always going to be a problem.

He has a huge problem IMO , he doens't seem to know how to fashion an attack and be creative, top players create their own but we don't have any of those. We sold them last season for £ 57 m so we can apparently build a better team... jeez, it's gonna be a long hard season !

Seriously? WTF is this utter dribble?

Fashion an attack and be creative???? Siggy and Llorente created?

That's facking embarrassing, Anthony.

They fashioned nothing in attack apart from dead ball situations.

Siggy couldn't beat a man if his boring ass depended on it and Llorente's hold up play was the worst I've seen in the Liberty era.

They are not the problem right now and we are a better team without them - even with the frustrations so far this season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement slates strikers on 20:26 - Sep 30 with 6025 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement slates strikers on 20:03 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

Bang on the button. He obviously works hard on the defensive shape and organisation off the ball, and you need that whether at Bayern, Real Madrid or here. But he hasn't got world class players here, so possibly has to work harder on our system with the ball than he's used to (maybe?). As you say, he can't now rely on individual brilliance of players like Ronaldo and Robben and others.
Clement slates strikers on 20:27 - Sep 30 with 6011 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 20:19 - Sep 30 by costalotta

No they didn't do much in that game for sure. Wasn't that midway through PCs bad run? 5 losses and 1 draw in 6 games? But they did play a massive part in picking up 29 point in the second half of the season, 19 games.

During those 19 games i seem to remember Fernando carry a knock and may have even missed a game or two?

No doubt about it we are missing them at this moment.

As will any combination of two players this year no doubt. Strikers go on runs of goals, we have seen it every single year from Danny Graham to the present day, especially so if your style of play is so unimaginative and limited that your whole ''style'' is playing to the strengths of that one player.

Clement slates strikers on 20:33 - Sep 30 with 5981 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 20:21 - Sep 30 by Smellyplumz

Do we fack miss those 2.

It's hilarious how SHIT we were last season with these 2 and how everyone is now having visions of some parallel past.

Fack me - pathetic.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clement slates strikers on 20:43 - Sep 30 with 5927 viewscostalotta

Clement slates strikers on 20:27 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

As will any combination of two players this year no doubt. Strikers go on runs of goals, we have seen it every single year from Danny Graham to the present day, especially so if your style of play is so unimaginative and limited that your whole ''style'' is playing to the strengths of that one player.

Time will tell.

Is the style of play any better?

Im still in the 'work in progress camp' but as some recognise PC needs to be bold, he simply has to. That being said i personally do not think we have anywhere near enough quality, creativity or guile to execute our football in the manner required. So, I'm guessing our football will be similar to last season but without as many goals in the 'for' column. Ive always said that you build football teams from the back and PC has and is doing that. However, the tools at his disposal might prevent him from making us anything other than what we have right now. This is a poor version of Sousa ball at the moment but I'm hopeful it will improve and we get the wins and points so that we may rectify our lack of creative quality come January.
Clement slates strikers on 20:44 - Sep 30 with 5919 viewsicecoldjack

Clement slates strikers on 20:25 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

Siggy couldn't beat a man if his boring ass depended on it and Llorente's hold up play was the worst I've seen in the Liberty era.

They are not the problem right now and we are a better team without them - even with the frustrations so far this season.

Attack includes set piece my dear !

Now go away and stop trying to be "box office " here on a Saturday night, you've already made a complete fool of yourself numerous times don't extend it to this thread too !

Where did i say siggy beats a man ? not that it's a problem of course, didn't harm David Beckham either did it ?

So we are a better team without them are we ? yes, you are box office indeed !!

Hopefully we will get the wheels moving and create in the final 3rd but if that little tom thumb carol is our main threat from set piece and crosses we are going down, my guess is we will struggle on til Xmas sign a few decent players drop Carol and be fine. The team won't suddenly turn into Barcelona but it will maybe be just enough. The raw ingredients are there but by the time they get working some of them will be ready to leave back to parent clubs.
Clement slates strikers on 20:45 - Sep 30 with 5905 viewsElward

In fairness he isn't far off. Good strikers fight and battle to keep the ball, can usually get a shot away out of nothing. Problem with ours (albeit Tammy has a bit of fancyfootwork) that they want every ball perfect for them to slot away
Clement slates strikers on 20:48 - Sep 30 with 5884 viewsGTCJack

Clement slates strikers on 20:45 - Sep 30 by Elward

In fairness he isn't far off. Good strikers fight and battle to keep the ball, can usually get a shot away out of nothing. Problem with ours (albeit Tammy has a bit of fancyfootwork) that they want every ball perfect for them to slot away

Think you are wrong on that front. Bony never had strong service. It has always been an issue. But he delivered from little at times, and he actually has more support up top with Tammy than he had before.
We could go 4-2-4 and bring McBurnie up top with Ayew, Bony and Abraham. Still wouldn't make a difference.
Clement slates strikers on 20:49 - Sep 30 with 5863 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 20:43 - Sep 30 by costalotta

Time will tell.

Im still in the 'work in progress camp' but as some recognise PC needs to be bold, he simply has to. That being said i personally do not think we have anywhere near enough quality, creativity or guile to execute our football in the manner required. So, I'm guessing our football will be similar to last season but without as many goals in the 'for' column. Ive always said that you build football teams from the back and PC has and is doing that. However, the tools at his disposal might prevent him from making us anything other than what we have right now. This is a poor version of Sousa ball at the moment but I'm hopeful it will improve and we get the wins and points so that we may rectify our lack of creative quality come January.

It isn't a case of asking is it any better in September.

We have new players, a new system and a completely new approach. It takes time to implement it at the level we are competing at where any weakness is exploited. If it is still this way come Xmas and we have not improved then it is time to ask questions, they may be too late but that is what not forward thinking in the transfer market does.

I don't think it will be Clements fault, yes he has made mistakes but we have to remember that so will every single manager who ever manages us. Otherwise they would manage Barca, just like the players we are able to sign.

If we stay up this year then it will again be by the skin of our teeth, and then we need to keep the manager and as much of this squad together so we actually go into the beginning of a campaign with a settled squad and system not work in progresses that always seems to be the case.

Not a good situation but far too much panic for my liking at this stage.

Clement slates strikers on 20:52 - Sep 30 with 5852 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 20:43 - Sep 30 by costalotta

Time will tell.

That's a basic summary mate.

The goals are in abundance in that team.

Warning: What comes next may offend the thick.

If Bradley was managing now we'd be scoring more. Conceding more, yes, but the goals would be coming.

Contrast the poor/shit side we had out for Palace home last season with this one and we're better in EVERy area.

But how are we going to show this? We're not without a new direction.

This is where the focus should be right now.

Clement slates strikers on 20:53 - Sep 30 with 5849 viewsLeonWasGod

Clement slates strikers on 20:25 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

Plenty of goals from open play by Llorente though. He was as slow as an oil tanker but had presence in the box that nobody else has managed this season. We know you don't like them but between them they kept us up last year, that's a fact. We can of course replace them, but don't seem to have yet.

Let's hope Wilf's hammies stand up to it and he can wind the clock back 3 years or we're fecked.
Clement slates strikers on 20:56 - Sep 30 with 5825 viewsHeadmaster

You can watch his interview on the club website: https://www.swanseacity.com/news/clement-we-deserved-something-we-must-be-better

Fair play, the bloke looks like he's on edge.
Clement slates strikers on 20:58 - Sep 30 with 5804 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 20:44 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

Now go away and stop trying to be "box office " here on a Saturday night, you've already made a complete fool of yourself numerous times don't extend it to this thread too !

Where did i say siggy beats a man ? not that it's a problem of course, didn't harm David Beckham either did it ?

Hopefully we will get the wheels moving and create in the final 3rd but if that little tom thumb carol is our main threat from set piece and crosses we are going down, my guess is we will struggle on til Xmas sign a few decent players drop Carol and be fine. The team won't suddenly turn into Barcelona but it will maybe be just enough. The raw ingredients are there but by the time they get working some of them will be ready to leave back to parent clubs.

Fashion an attack you said you fat, thick kunt.

how can you fashion a set piece?

Clement slates strikers on 20:59 - Sep 30 with 5792 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 20:44 - Sep 30 by icecoldjack

Cowardly caveat at the end.

Your trademark little girl

Clement slates strikers on 21:01 - Sep 30 with 5767 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 20:53 - Sep 30 by LeonWasGod

Plenty of goals from open play by Llorente though. He was as slow as an oil tanker but had presence in the box that nobody else has managed this season. We know you don't like them but between them they kept us up last year, that's a fact. We can of course replace them, but don't seem to have yet.

Let's hope Wilf's hammies stand up to it and he can wind the clock back 3 years or we're fecked.

At this stage of the season last year Llorente had 1 goal.

He wouldn't score another until the last week of November.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024