Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Clement slates strikers 19:43 - Sep 30 with 12557 viewsGTCJack

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-clement-slams-str

“But when we get to the attacking third, it’s too often a hopeless ball into the box, the front players aren’t ready or too static. The front players have to start doing better.

“They might not get pin-point service, but good strikers battle away even in difficult games to get that opportunity. It’s just not happening at the moment.”

What about the system Paul?

What's more worrying for me...

“It’s very frustrating. Our football was better which was something we spoke about doing after Watford. We wanted to get back to our identity, the one shown here for many years and in the last few months of last season, and I thought it was moving in the right direction here.

Now he achieved great things last year, but he is very much confused if he thinks last season was anything like our identity.
Clement slates strikers on 21:04 - Sep 30 with 4262 viewsGTCJack

Clement slates strikers on 20:56 - Sep 30 by Headmaster

You can watch his interview on the club website: https://www.swanseacity.com/news/clement-we-deserved-something-we-must-be-better

Fair play, the bloke looks like he's on edge.

He's more critical of the strikers there than in the article. But he is on the edge, you're right. And seems lost.
Clement slates strikers on 21:11 - Sep 30 with 4244 viewsJackFish

I know it's not just down to the strikers, but Abraham was pretty pathetic today. He looks like he could be a decent poacher given time and decent service, but not sure the rest of his game is up to much.
Clement slates strikers on 21:14 - Sep 30 with 4241 viewsSmellyplumz

Clement slates strikers on 20:33 - Sep 30 by TheResurrection

Do we fack miss those 2.

It's hilarious how SHIT we were last season with these 2 and how everyone is now having visions of some parallel past.

Fack me - pathetic.

We where shit last season but we are even more shit this season with out those two.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:15]

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Clement slates strikers on 21:15 - Sep 30 with 4239 viewstheloneranger

Clement slates strikers on 21:04 - Sep 30 by GTCJack

He's more critical of the strikers there than in the article. But he is on the edge, you're right. And seems lost.

Why did he replace Bony with Fer??

PC said they'd been practicing with Narsingh playing at the tip of the diamond to utilise his pace. The game was crying out for pace today and West Ham were there for the taking in the 2nd half.

The crowd were on their backs and their players were arguing with each other., but we allowed them back in the game and left ourselves open to the sucker punch!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Clement slates strikers on 21:19 - Sep 30 with 4225 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 21:14 - Sep 30 by Smellyplumz

We where shit last season but we are even more shit this season with out those two.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2017 21:15]

We had 5 points on the board up until the 19th of November last season.

We have that amount of points right this second.

So far judging this season and last season - we have been better this season thus far.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Clement slates strikers on 21:36 - Sep 30 with 4197 viewsvetchonian

Clement slates strikers on 21:19 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

So far judging this season and last season - we have been better this season thus far.

Yes but 2 of those games were Liverool and Chelsaea at home in which we competed and unlucky not to pick up points compare that to this seasons disasters at home to Newcastle and Watford ....winnable games .
Clem saved us last year but I think he lacks wHt it needs ....also his back room staff are all"defensive".
Look at today's bench not much in the way of strong attacking options....our best Bony,Tammy and Ayew on the pitch.
We are faced with the dilemma of a limited manager with a limited squad.

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Clement slates strikers on 21:40 - Sep 30 with 4185 viewsDr_Winston

Clement slates strikers on 21:36 - Sep 30 by vetchonian

Yes but 2 of those games were Liverool and Chelsaea at home in which we competed and unlucky not to pick up points compare that to this seasons disasters at home to Newcastle and Watford ....winnable games .
Clem saved us last year but I think he lacks wHt it needs ....also his back room staff are all"defensive".
Look at today's bench not much in the way of strong attacking options....our best Bony,Tammy and Ayew on the pitch.

The frustrating thing is that most of Clement's "limits" seem to be self imposed. We know he can organise and galvanise a team. We saw that in spades last season. He's just not doing it now.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Clement slates strikers on 21:42 - Sep 30 with 4181 viewsE20Jack

and 2 of ours this season were against Spurs away and Man United home. Two fixtures we lost 8-1 on aggregate last year.

Login to get fewer ads

Clement slates strikers on 21:44 - Sep 30 with 4175 viewsTheResurrection

WTF? They also included Burnley, Leicester, Hull and Southampton.

Liverpool we were ok and showed promise but for the most it was very poor.

We've gone to Spurs and got a draw, won at Palace and only conceded one last minute goal away from home.

We are a better squad than last season, that isn't in doubt really is it?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Clement slates strikers on 21:53 - Sep 30 with 4159 viewsItchySphincter

F*cking hell, that's a sh!t sandwich if ever ther was one.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Clement slates strikers on 21:57 - Sep 30 with 4151 viewsvetchonian

Iour only win is at Palace .....and you call, that a great result? palace are a basket case.....we huffed and puffed and rode our luck at Southampton......same at Spurs.......
Yes we lost to Hull at home ...but Guido was still trying to find his system and best formation with the deck he had been dealt late in the window....including losing the captain and rock at the heart of the defence to be replaced by a rookie.
As I see it Clem is grasping at straws....today's selection of Leon epitomises this....as you yourself commented in the week Mesa should be starting.....he did make us tick over better in the Watford game when he came on....plus when he went off in the Man U game we looked weaker.
Clem is becoming too much of a tinkerman

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Clement slates strikers on 21:59 - Sep 30 with 4145 viewsjasfan

I thought one of the positives from today, although admittedly against a poor West Ham side, was the number of times we worked opportunities to deliver balls into the box, particularly from the left. The deliveries weren't exactly great, but I was disappointed at the lack of variation in positions and movement from the strikers in the penalty area. At least there were three in there at times which is also an improvement in our attacking intent.

The manager may have a point but I can't say I'm keen on managers criticising players in public. Surely he should have been practising this with them in training? I would hope so anyway.
Clement slates strikers on 22:05 - Sep 30 with 4129 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 21:59 - Sep 30 by jasfan

I thought one of the positives from today, although admittedly against a poor West Ham side, was the number of times we worked opportunities to deliver balls into the box, particularly from the left. The deliveries weren't exactly great, but I was disappointed at the lack of variation in positions and movement from the strikers in the penalty area. At least there were three in there at times which is also an improvement in our attacking intent.

The manager may have a point but I can't say I'm keen on managers criticising players in public. Surely he should have been practising this with them in training? I would hope so anyway.

Great summary Jas mate.

Vetch, can't argue with much of your last one.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Clement slates strikers on 22:51 - Sep 30 with 4082 viewsCroftyjack

Clement slates strikers on 21:01 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

At this stage of the season last year Llorente had 1 goal.

He wouldn't score another until the last week of November.

Every lower team has to focus on any strengths it has..last year it was the top delivery on Siggi and the world class aerial ability of Fernando....sorry lads but there really is nothing here anymore to focus on.
I challenge any one of you to tell me what where we should focus our attack now cos every aspect looks a shambles.
Look forward to at least one serious answer of where we focus our attacks..PC don't know?
Clement slates strikers on 23:31 - Sep 30 with 4064 viewsE20Jack

Clement slates strikers on 22:51 - Sep 30 by Croftyjack

Every lower team has to focus on any strengths it has..last year it was the top delivery on Siggi and the world class aerial ability of Fernando....sorry lads but there really is nothing here anymore to focus on.
I challenge any one of you to tell me what where we should focus our attack now cos every aspect looks a shambles.
Look forward to at least one serious answer of where we focus our attacks..PC don't know?

Well it is the defence and learning to start building attacks from it.

Clement slates strikers on 23:41 - Sep 30 with 4053 viewsYossarian

If he worked on the supply chain for the strikers before clutching at straws and criticising them, that would be helpful. We had one long range effort in the 1st half and feck all second half. If he can't see that our midfield appear incapable of creating anything and seem terrified when thy get anywhere near the opponents goal, then we are in deep trouble. Messi and Ronald would struggle in front of our lot. Seems no one has really torn into Fer for his laziness in letting them run past him and put the ball in that led to their goal. What a pussy.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Clement slates strikers on 00:10 - Oct 1 with 4028 viewsBobbyBacala

But looking at points alone shows you nothing as no team in the league performs exactly as it did the previous season in terms of points. Position is the best guide.

After 7 games last season we were 17th and on 4 points. After 7 games of this season we're 18th and on 5 points.
Clement slates strikers on 00:14 - Oct 1 with 4020 viewsTheResurrection

Clement slates strikers on 00:10 - Oct 1 by BobbyBacala

But looking at points alone shows you nothing as no team in the league performs exactly as it did the previous season in terms of points. Position is the best guide.

After 7 games last season we were 17th and on 4 points. After 7 games of this season we're 18th and on 5 points.

WTF???

Clement slates strikers on 00:24 - Oct 1 with 3993 viewsBobbyBacala

Clement slates strikers on 00:14 - Oct 1 by TheResurrection

WTF???

Well he said that we're a better team because we're currently on 5 points now and it took us until November last season to get to that point. But it's a bit of a daft argument - there are 3 different teams in the league to begin with, some look to have gotten better (City, Burnley) and others worse (Everton) so it's not a like-for-like comparison. Using league position is a much better indicator of how good you are relative to the others in your league.

Or another way - Arsenal got 75 points last season and came 5th. The season before, Arsenal got 71 points and came 2nd. I don't read anyone saying how Arsenal improved last season.
[Post edited 1 Oct 2017 0:39]
Clement slates strikers on 08:46 - Oct 1 with 3921 viewsawayjack

Clement slates strikers on 20:49 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

It isn't a case of asking is it any better in September.

We have new players, a new system and a completely new approach. It takes time to implement it at the level we are competing at where any weakness is exploited. If it is still this way come Xmas and we have not improved then it is time to ask questions, they may be too late but that is what not forward thinking in the transfer market does.

I don't think it will be Clements fault, yes he has made mistakes but we have to remember that so will every single manager who ever manages us. Otherwise they would manage Barca, just like the players we are able to sign.

If we stay up this year then it will again be by the skin of our teeth, and then we need to keep the manager and as much of this squad together so we actually go into the beginning of a campaign with a settled squad and system not work in progresses that always seems to be the case.

Not a good situation but far too much panic for my liking at this stage.

But we haven't tried to keep squad together in last four seasons? We sell any players of value. Difference next summer even if we stay up, is not many of value left in squad. If likes of FF and AM perform well they'll be sold, loanees like TA and Sanches will return to clubs and quite a few of our old guard will retire. Like other PL clubs we should have thought about time to gel and settle squad with same manager, but we decided not to buy inferior players at last minute. Our football is by far the most negative since we've been in PL and PC stubborn set up, selections and subs won't change. Derby found out quite quickly but we're desperate now and no manager will work with our basket case Board.
Clement slates strikers on 08:56 - Oct 1 with 3909 viewsthornabyswan

How many shots on target did we have last season.
Can't have been less than 9 in 7 games.
That is the stat that really makes me think we are in bigger trouble this season than last.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Clement slates strikers on 09:04 - Oct 1 with 3897 viewspencoedjack

Clement slates strikers on 08:56 - Oct 1 by thornabyswan

How many shots on target did we have last season.
Can't have been less than 9 in 7 games.
That is the stat that really makes me think we are in bigger trouble this season than last.

Flogging a dead horse with E20 & the Res fella.

They watch a different game to the rest of us
Clement slates strikers on 09:30 - Oct 1 with 3864 viewsthornabyswan

Clement slates strikers on 09:04 - Oct 1 by pencoedjack

Flogging a dead horse with E20 & the Res fella.

They watch a different game to the rest of us

Yes I think so that Res fella thinks he has the footballing brain of Mourinho Pochetino and Clough combined.
But to me he comes across as a clueless fool who likes the sound of his own voice.
He is box office mind

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Clement slates strikers on 12:49 - Oct 1 with 3810 viewscostalotta

Clement slates strikers on 20:49 - Sep 30 by E20Jack

It isn't a case of asking is it any better in September.

We have new players, a new system and a completely new approach. It takes time to implement it at the level we are competing at where any weakness is exploited. If it is still this way come Xmas and we have not improved then it is time to ask questions, they may be too late but that is what not forward thinking in the transfer market does.

I don't think it will be Clements fault, yes he has made mistakes but we have to remember that so will every single manager who ever manages us. Otherwise they would manage Barca, just like the players we are able to sign.

If we stay up this year then it will again be by the skin of our teeth, and then we need to keep the manager and as much of this squad together so we actually go into the beginning of a campaign with a settled squad and system not work in progresses that always seems to be the case.

Not a good situation but far too much panic for my liking at this stage.

Football + fans = panic (usually)

I accept the comparison in September is not perfect but its all we have right now. The proper comparison will be at season end. So, others comments of he only had 1 goal by end of October falls into this category of thinking. Strikers do go on runs. Bony will likely go on a run. Tammy may go n a run. Aye, imo not that sort of player. A pertinat question IMO is who to facilitate those players going in a run. Last season we had siggy. This we don't. Whilst we are trying to change I am not sure its the change that some are referring to. There is no evidence at this moment. But like I've said on other threads, we are work in progress and helpfully not the finished article.

I also accept that all managers make mistakes. What I will not accept, nor should the club and nor should players of said club that managers make the SAME mistakes.

If we stay up, we stay up. Frankly i don't care how. If it comes with champagne football great, if not then i will not despair. I may critique the approach and I will pass comment. The bottom line is, if we are to see the kind of football we all want, we are more than likely not feature in a bottom of the table relegation fight.

We also have to recognise that the owners don't care about settled squads as the last two summer windows have shown, or indeed who the recent vote on the change of the said date.
Clement slates strikers on 13:39 - Oct 1 with 3777 viewswhoflungdung

They are his players ,or should be.

If not, he shouldn't be here

If they are ,they are clearly undercooked and confused

Buck stops at his desk

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024