Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest 10:10 - Oct 29 with 22884 viewsshandley

The Protest Is About Support The Team Not The Regime
the protest is a protest against Huw Jenkins
Change is needed Huw Jenkins Out
we urge every fan to get behind are team this protest is about the regime not the team
Huw Jenkins Actions Will Relegate This Team
12 o'clock main reception Liberty Stadium Brighton Home GAME
Your Surport Is Needed
event being organised by Dai Lewis & Stephen Handley
Both On Facebook Do Look Us Up
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:15 - Oct 29 with 7507 viewsDarran

Well done Stephen. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:21 - Oct 29 with 7498 viewsshandley

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:15 - Oct 29 by Darran

Well done Stephen. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Without us Fans There Would Be No Swansea City STID
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:38 - Oct 29 with 7452 viewsDewi1jack

Quick question.
Is the protest going to carry on in the ground (singing/ chanting/ finger wagging etc) and will it continue after the game?
Not having a pop.
Mrs is a Theatre nurse and is working the Saturday morning, so we won't be leaving Hereford until about 12;30 (later if she gets a patient that goes into injury time ) so normally don't make the ground until about 2;45 when she's working.

If not.
Good luck and hope a fair few turn out. From small acorns...
Definitely be there if there's one before the Bournemouth game.

Personally, I don't see the point in boycotting a game/ walking out/ not coming back at half time for 10/15 mins as unless there's half a stadium empty, it won't show.
Loud singing/ chanting will be heard on MotD/ Sky highlights and get them interested in trying to find out what's going on.

Our normally very informative, extremely communicative Trust are unusually quiet on this protest.
Are they going to come out and speak about things like this?
Or shouldn't I hold my breath while I wait to find out?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:13 - Oct 29 with 7393 viewsshandley

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:38 - Oct 29 by Dewi1jack

Quick question.
Is the protest going to carry on in the ground (singing/ chanting/ finger wagging etc) and will it continue after the game?
Not having a pop.
Mrs is a Theatre nurse and is working the Saturday morning, so we won't be leaving Hereford until about 12;30 (later if she gets a patient that goes into injury time ) so normally don't make the ground until about 2;45 when she's working.

If not.

Personally, I don't see the point in boycotting a game/ walking out/ not coming back at half time for 10/15 mins as unless there's half a stadium empty, it won't show.
Loud singing/ chanting will be heard on MotD/ Sky highlights and get them interested in trying to find out what's going on.

Our normally very informative, extremely communicative Trust are unusually quiet on this protest.

It will be from 12 till kick off and then after game for a few hours we urge everybody to get behind the team no matter how bad they been playing this is strictly against the regime we understand people have ideas and plans that we could may be use and listen to so happy for any input this is the first of many against huw jenkins but for the first we need to get the numbers and show the fans have a voice would love somebody from the supporters trust to come along have there say to even from the club whether that will happen is another thing
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:39 - Oct 29 with 7349 viewsWingstandwood

A protest is more than welcome or more to the point essential. Tens of millions of Pounds wasted and poured down the drain….. Liverpool had the legendary Geoff Twentyman finding a treasure trove of diamonds and what bargains most were.

We’ve got "Huw-empty-mun"! Empty upstairs when it comes to bringing in new talent and new players. Jenkins negative Midus touch and negative presence is destroying the club from within, aided and abetted by his leeching sell-outs, ex-sell-outs and Yanks. He will ruin the club!

SCFC the only club in top flight history to have a roofing-tiles salesman as a D.O.F. Do any of his thicko apologists and fan boys/girls realise the lunacy of that?

Argus!

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:47 - Oct 29 with 7322 viewstrampie

If Swans lose at home to Brighton I would think most people will expect the Swans to be relegated, if Swans fail to win I think a lot will think the Swans will go down.
It's probably a 'must win game' in a lot of people's eyes.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 12:14 - Oct 29 with 7257 viewsmonmouth

As long as people don’t ‘expect’ us to beat Brighton.

Protest will make no difference (see Hull or Blackpool) and just be ignored, unless you can get thousands out there. And even then, people like Allam, Oyston and, now Jenkins and mob can easily handle such stuff. Allam has had loads of media flack and supporter anger about his actions up there, and doesn’t give a shit. Sorry, I wish you luck and all that, and wish it were not so, but while we are still in the prem or even the championship, I’d be surprised if you’re not just pissing in the wind.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 12:17 - Oct 29 with 7242 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:13 - Oct 29 by shandley

It will be from 12 till kick off and then after game for a few hours we urge everybody to get behind the team no matter how bad they been playing this is strictly against the regime we understand people have ideas and plans that we could may be use and listen to so happy for any input this is the first of many against huw jenkins but for the first we need to get the numbers and show the fans have a voice would love somebody from the supporters trust to come along have there say to even from the club whether that will happen is another thing

I'll be there mate, this is the chance to get some momentum going! Support our team always but Jenkins needs to realise his time dining at the top table is about to come to an end, Americans hate bad PR and just for them to sack Jenkins and appoint a competent DOF would be a massive step in the right direction imho
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 12:32]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:11 - Oct 29 with 7155 viewsDrGonzo

Too little too late I fear.
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 14:28 - Oct 29 with 7048 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 12:14 - Oct 29 by monmouth

As long as people don’t ‘expect’ us to beat Brighton.

Protest will make no difference (see Hull or Blackpool) and just be ignored, unless you can get thousands out there. And even then, people like Allam, Oyston and, now Jenkins and mob can easily handle such stuff. Allam has had loads of media flack and supporter anger about his actions up there, and doesn’t give a shit. Sorry, I wish you luck and all that, and wish it were not so, but while we are still in the prem or even the championship, I’d be surprised if you’re not just pissing in the wind.

I think Oyston is a far tougher cookie than Jenkins and Co.
We won't get thousands there from the off. It will be a couple if hundred at most but this will increase unless change happens.
I doubt the Yanks will be too happy with their DOF getting pelters every game either.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 15:36 - Oct 29 with 6959 viewsSgorioFruit

Well done for organising this protest.
Isn’t 12 o’clock a bit early though?
I mean to achieve maximum coverage?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 15:53 - Oct 29 with 6935 viewsjojaca

Nothing like a bit of negativity before a crucial game, what is it honestly going to achieve.

What about organizing it on a boring Monday afternoon outside ticket office with your favorite Wales online reporting it. That way you don't offend fans who just want to watch a game of football.

Even when you know, you never know?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 15:55 - Oct 29 with 6934 viewsKingBony

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 13:11 - Oct 29 by DrGonzo

Too little too late I fear.

Too much, too little, too late, to change Huw’s point of view.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 16:40 - Oct 29 with 6872 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 15:55 - Oct 29 by KingBony

Too much, too little, too late, to change Huw’s point of view.

It's too little and too late is when we are in the third tier. Now is the time imho..
It is a results business though.
If the team builds on the Arsenal performance and start picking up points then the protests will receive ever decreasing support and Jenkins will be off the hook.....for the time being.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:02 - Oct 29 with 6766 viewsshandley

we dont want to change huws point of view we want him gone its never to late to do something there seems to be a lot of support for the protest this is one of many planned we are not against the team just the regime Newcastle been protesting for a few years over mike Ashley now they have finally got him to sell the club every body has there own views on the club on a match day we have 20,000 managers inside that stadium that think we all know better than Paul clement enough is enough no ambition no investment no hope
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:29 - Oct 29 with 6730 viewslonglostjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 16:40 - Oct 29 by Private_Partz

It's too little and too late is when we are in the third tier. Now is the time imho..
It is a results business though.
If the team builds on the Arsenal performance and start picking up points then the protests will receive ever decreasing support and Jenkins will be off the hook.....for the time being.

I reckon I'm a bit like you PP - I overcomplicate things. Sometimes you just have to rely on your gut instinct about what is right or wrong and go for it. If I could be there I would be.

Edit: Just got back from a match - too many pints and misread your Post. Sorry PP.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 19:33]

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:49 - Oct 29 with 6694 viewsQJumpingJack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 12:17 - Oct 29 by Swanjaxs

I'll be there mate, this is the chance to get some momentum going! Support our team always but Jenkins needs to realise his time dining at the top table is about to come to an end, Americans hate bad PR and just for them to sack Jenkins and appoint a competent DOF would be a massive step in the right direction imho
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 12:32]

"American hate bad PR"

Their PR strategy has been a complete disaster since their first press conference
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:51 - Oct 29 with 6674 viewsSgorioFruit

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:29 - Oct 29 by longlostjack

I reckon I'm a bit like you PP - I overcomplicate things. Sometimes you just have to rely on your gut instinct about what is right or wrong and go for it. If I could be there I would be.

Edit: Just got back from a match - too many pints and misread your Post. Sorry PP.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2017 19:33]

What match pal?

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 20:42 - Oct 29 with 6620 viewsshandley

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:51 - Oct 29 by SgorioFruit

What match pal?

Brighton Home This Saturday
Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 20:44 - Oct 29 with 6603 viewsDarran

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 20:42 - Oct 29 by shandley

Brighton Home This Saturday

Haha I’m liking you already.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 21:10 - Oct 29 with 6574 viewsbuilthjack

Any banners?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 21:55 - Oct 29 with 6516 viewslonglostjack

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 19:51 - Oct 29 by SgorioFruit

What match pal?

Bremen vs Augsburg. Bremen lost 0-3 . The funniest bit was when the Ultras behind the goal decided to stop singing in protest and the rest of the stadium decided to have a laugh and copy their monotonous chants. Opare - the Augsburg right back very decent, Finnbogasson pretty useless. Sorry Jackfath.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 23:53 - Oct 29 with 6420 viewsLoyal

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:21 - Oct 29 by shandley

Without us Fans There Would Be No Swansea City STID

There are many of us who support you, but there needs to be an open strategy to make it newsworthy and effective.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 07:52 - Oct 30 with 6310 viewsSTID2017

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 11:39 - Oct 29 by Wingstandwood

A protest is more than welcome or more to the point essential. Tens of millions of Pounds wasted and poured down the drain….. Liverpool had the legendary Geoff Twentyman finding a treasure trove of diamonds and what bargains most were.

We’ve got "Huw-empty-mun"! Empty upstairs when it comes to bringing in new talent and new players. Jenkins negative Midus touch and negative presence is destroying the club from within, aided and abetted by his leeching sell-outs, ex-sell-outs and Yanks. He will ruin the club!

SCFC the only club in top flight history to have a roofing-tiles salesman as a D.O.F. Do any of his thicko apologists and fan boys/girls realise the lunacy of that?

The protest is 100% valid.
The anger towards HJ & co is 100% valid.
However the statement about our DOF's occupation is wide of the mark and irrelevant.
If he could consistently pick good players, I wouldn't care what his former role was outside the game.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 16:52 - Oct 30 with 6119 viewsUxbridge

Swansea v Brighton Fans Protest on 10:38 - Oct 29 by Dewi1jack

Quick question.
Not having a pop.

If not.

I'm not sure expecting a Trust statement on every thing like this is practical. I await the lack of comment generally tap in. However, the Trust certainly isn't against freedom of speech or expression.

As for the protest, If the fanbase in general want Jenkins out then the most likely way of achieving that is to publicly express that wish in a way that'd attract attention (peacefully of course). The Americans have clearly hitched their wagon to him as they said themselves in the fans forum, but who knows maybe their minds can be changed. I expect not, but who knows.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024