Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Silly Children Supporters Association. 01:19 - Jan 31 with 7484 viewsTheResurrection

Tantrums, fanzines, banners, representatives, meetings.

Phil Sumbler sets it up and runs a mile from it.

Absolute legends Leon and Rangel slag them off.

Nowhere to be seen when the team is doing well.

Talk about integrity like they're Saint Facking High Horse

They never make mistakes and could run a Premier League club standing on their heads.

Always one person to blame regardless of facts.

Full of absolute shit.

Get behind Carlos and the team.

4 more wins!!!!!

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 06:27 - Jan 31 with 4075 viewswaynekerr55

I don't think Leon and Rangel were slagging them off myself.

Myself I'm all for the back the team and not the regime. 100% about backing the team and turning the liberty into a hot house, but fans have to be educated about what happened, don't you think?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 07:06 - Jan 31 with 3996 viewsjack247

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 06:27 - Jan 31 by waynekerr55

Myself I'm all for the back the team and not the regime. 100% about backing the team and turning the liberty into a hot house, but fans have to be educated about what happened, don't you think?

Absolutely.

Let’s not let the last two fantastic results and performances cloud the fact that it’s transfer deadline day, we will probably bring someone in today, but up to this point, all we have succeeded in doing is weakening a squad that has spent the entire month rock bottom.

It doesn’t seem that anything the SCSA or Union are doing is having a negative impact on the players anyway.
Silly Children Supporters Association. on 08:03 - Jan 31 with 3868 viewsFireboy2

Spot on wayne

That should be our motto

'Back the team not the regime'

Wonder if Res will agree with that
Silly Children Supporters Association. on 08:06 - Jan 31 with 3849 viewsNeath_Jack

Back the team not the regime. The SCSA seem to have hijacked that saying from The Union?

As for educating the fans, that's what the Trust should be doing surely? Not resigning then starting a splinter group?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 08:06 - Jan 31 with 3848 viewsDrGonzo

The exact reason why we are in this position in the first place.

Apathy toward our owners. Acceptance of our hedgefund overlords after a few wins.

I don't understand why anyone takes your opinions seriously. You have as much credibility as Chemical Ali. Embarrassing.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 8:07]
Silly Children Supporters Association. on 09:31 - Jan 31 with 3724 viewswaynekerr55

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 08:06 - Jan 31 by Neath_Jack

Back the team not the regime. The SCSA seem to have hijacked that saying from The Union?

As for educating the fans, that's what the Trust should be doing surely? Not resigning then starting a splinter group?

Agree - but whatever the names/labels and groups all 3 have to work towards the same goal. Make the Liberty a hot house, stay up and then force real change. Go back to what we were good at. That is without Jenkins and co. stinking the place out

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 09:43 - Jan 31 with 3663 viewsE20Jack

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 08:06 - Jan 31 by DrGonzo

Apathy toward our owners. Acceptance of our hedgefund overlords after a few wins.

I don't understand why anyone takes your opinions seriously. You have as much credibility as Chemical Ali. Embarrassing.

Again, short term thinking.

So let's say Jenkins is forced out, The Americans also succumb and decide to sell. Who then owns the club and who is the one signing our players?

If you want all these people out because they are greedy and dont have the club as number 1 priority, then you are fighting a battle FOREVER.

Surely it would be better to focus on the root of the problem which is to help the Trust gain a certain % in order to become a meaningful shareholder and stop anyone from being able to put themselves before the club?

Chris mentioned this being the worst season in terms of our fanbase and it is hard to disgree. The lack of vision is frightening.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 9:44]

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 09:49 - Jan 31 with 3638 viewsBloodyhills

United we stand divided we fall.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Login to get fewer ads

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:09 - Jan 31 with 3576 viewsOhRobbieRobbie

Hijacked from the Union?! This line is many years old and used by countless clubs over the years in many different scenarios. It has been around for years ..... it applies to whoever it applies to. Currently being used by literally 15 odd football clubs including Charlton, Blackburn, Hull, Leyton Orient, Newcastle, Falkirk, West Ham, Arsenal etc.
It's just a statement ... It's certainly not a statement that belongs to anyone.
Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:12 - Jan 31 with 3566 viewsUxbridge

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 09:31 - Jan 31 by waynekerr55

Agree - but whatever the names/labels and groups all 3 have to work towards the same goal. Make the Liberty a hot house, stay up and then force real change. Go back to what we were good at. That is without Jenkins and co. stinking the place out

And there's the challenge. We all, despite some comments to the contrary, desperately want the club to stay up. Not at any cost of course, done with a view to the future, but we all want the club to be as successful as possible. However clearly things need to change.

A similar point was made at the Trust AGM this week. It's clear the fan base is divided, not so much in their views of the chairman and owners which seems pretty uniform, but how to express that. Many people are dead against any protest during the match, and as we've seen in recent home games this 27th minute thing isn't exactly taking off, to the point it was drowned out by us getting a corner last night. We all know that would change if we were 3 down of course, but nobody wants that.

As for working together, well for those wanting change that's obviously the best way. Being diplomatic, safe to say there's been some teething troubles on that score with some very mixed messages from the SCSA and Union in public comments regarding the Trust, such as that Football365 article and various tweets. I won't be there tomorrow, but I gather Stu and Alan will, although it would have been nice if they'd have properly confirmed their attendance before publicly announcing it! Either way, organisations working against each other will just result in a hopelessly divided and ineffective fanbase.

So how should protest take place? No issue with pre-match protests, the 5,000 fanzine thing sounds a good idea although as they didn't make it to my corner of the Landore Club I don't know what was written. I'll be interested to see how the SCSA proceed on the protests during the match though, given the seeming lack of interest from the fans in attendance. Knowing some of the characters involved, I know they have the club's interests at heart and our views probably align quite closely, and they'll be assessing things accordingly. I'm not sure who's running the SCSA show now though.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:12 - Jan 31 with 3563 viewsNeath_Jack

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:09 - Jan 31 by OhRobbieRobbie

Hijacked from the Union?! This line is many years old and used by countless clubs over the years in many different scenarios. It has been around for years ..... it applies to whoever it applies to. Currently being used by literally 15 odd football clubs including Charlton, Blackburn, Hull, Leyton Orient, Newcastle, Falkirk, West Ham, Arsenal etc.
It's just a statement ... It's certainly not a statement that belongs to anyone.

Sorry wuss, hope i didn't offend you with my question

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:15 - Jan 31 with 3549 viewsMoscowJack

It would be good if one supporters group could be the representative of the others and have a voice within the club....maybe even a place on the Board!

Ok, I'm being sarcastic, but the vehicle is there, but it needs to do what we want it to do, not the other way around. To paraphrase the Trust man, the tail's wagging the dog.

The Trust could (and probably should) be the main supporters group that listens to the other fan groups and then acts upon what's needed, not just what the Trust want to do.

No disrespect meant to Ux, but his update from the Trust meeting came across as a big of a gloat and p!ss take as he took pride in mentioning that everything went swimmingly on the night....no votes of no confidence etc.

The real fact, as I see it, is there's no belief in the Trust now, regardless of a few doing some superb work to TRY to get things going again. Once the share sale was cancelled/postponed, the fans visibly backed off the Trust, but if we want to force change at the top of the club, we need the Trust to be our voice. If they can't be, what's the point in their existence?

I know this won't go down well with some, but I would rather see all the independent supporters group have one really loud voice, rather than three or four timid ones. For that to happen the Trust needs to show teeth and balls.

The question is, can they and do they want to?
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 10:26]

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:19 - Jan 31 with 3521 viewsjack247

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:12 - Jan 31 by Uxbridge

And there's the challenge. We all, despite some comments to the contrary, desperately want the club to stay up. Not at any cost of course, done with a view to the future, but we all want the club to be as successful as possible. However clearly things need to change.

A similar point was made at the Trust AGM this week. It's clear the fan base is divided, not so much in their views of the chairman and owners which seems pretty uniform, but how to express that. Many people are dead against any protest during the match, and as we've seen in recent home games this 27th minute thing isn't exactly taking off, to the point it was drowned out by us getting a corner last night. We all know that would change if we were 3 down of course, but nobody wants that.

As for working together, well for those wanting change that's obviously the best way. Being diplomatic, safe to say there's been some teething troubles on that score with some very mixed messages from the SCSA and Union in public comments regarding the Trust, such as that Football365 article and various tweets. I won't be there tomorrow, but I gather Stu and Alan will, although it would have been nice if they'd have properly confirmed their attendance before publicly announcing it! Either way, organisations working against each other will just result in a hopelessly divided and ineffective fanbase.

So how should protest take place? No issue with pre-match protests, the 5,000 fanzine thing sounds a good idea although as they didn't make it to my corner of the Landore Club I don't know what was written. I'll be interested to see how the SCSA proceed on the protests during the match though, given the seeming lack of interest from the fans in attendance. Knowing some of the characters involved, I know they have the club's interests at heart and our views probably align quite closely, and they'll be assessing things accordingly. I'm not sure who's running the SCSA show now though.

Personally, I don’t think organised protests during matches are the way forward, the fans will react to the game. There could have been the greatest protest ever organised yesterday and people would have ignored it. Similarly, there could have been no protest, we been 3-0 down at half time and it would have been round after round of ‘you greedy bastards’.

Very much in favour of getting the JTAk crew out, but I think putting pressure on via press, social media etc is the way to do it. Anything on match day is going to fall flat while we are playing well and I do think it’s better to keep the on and off field apart.
Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:22 - Jan 31 with 3501 viewsmonmouth

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:15 - Jan 31 by MoscowJack

It would be good if one supporters group could be the representative of the others and have a voice within the club....maybe even a place on the Board!

Ok, I'm being sarcastic, but the vehicle is there, but it needs to do what we want it to do, not the other way around. To paraphrase the Trust man, the tail's wagging the dog.

The Trust could (and probably should) be the main supporters group that listens to the other fan groups and then acts upon what's needed, not just what the Trust want to do.

No disrespect meant to Ux, but his update from the Trust meeting came across as a big of a gloat and p!ss take as he took pride in mentioning that everything went swimmingly on the night....no votes of no confidence etc.

The real fact, as I see it, is there's no belief in the Trust now, regardless of a few doing some superb work to TRY to get things going again. Once the share sale was cancelled/postponed, the fans visibly backed off the Trust, but if we want to force change at the top of the club, we need the Trust to be our voice. If they can't be, what's the point in their existence?

I know this won't go down well with some, but I would rather see all the independent supporters group have one really loud voice, rather than three or four timid ones. For that to happen the Trust needs to show teeth and balls.

Yes, the very fact the AGM was a nodding dog show is the real core problem not a solution to anything. When’s the legal vote?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:26 - Jan 31 with 3483 viewsUxbridge

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:15 - Jan 31 by MoscowJack

Oh give over Nick. That paragraph is bordering on the offensive. I've spent plenty of time over the last few months outlining exactly how the members could use the AGM to force through the sorts of changes they wanted to. People we looking at collecting proxy votes and forcing a vote of no confidence, with the view of forcing the election of a new board with more "balls" as you put it. I know there were many nervous board members expecting a very rough ride on Monday. What happened? Not a dickie bird. You can make snide remarks about me gloating about it if you want, but it's bollox. I've long been saying I want a more aggressive approach taken.

As tempting as it is, I won't respond in kind.

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:28 - Jan 31 with 3466 viewsUxbridge

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:19 - Jan 31 by jack247

Personally, I don’t think organised protests during matches are the way forward, the fans will react to the game. There could have been the greatest protest ever organised yesterday and people would have ignored it. Similarly, there could have been no protest, we been 3-0 down at half time and it would have been round after round of ‘you greedy bastards’.

Very much in favour of getting the JTAk crew out, but I think putting pressure on via press, social media etc is the way to do it. Anything on match day is going to fall flat while we are playing well and I do think it’s better to keep the on and off field apart.

Aye, pretty much sums it up.

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:29 - Jan 31 with 3456 viewsLoyal

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:12 - Jan 31 by Uxbridge

Does anyone need to RUN it.
See you on Thursday and find out.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:30 - Jan 31 with 3448 viewsLoyal

https://goo.gl/images/U3tvmk
Probably not.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2018 10:32]

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:32 - Jan 31 with 3428 viewsMoscowJack

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:26 - Jan 31 by Uxbridge

Oh give over Nick. That paragraph is bordering on the offensive. I've spent plenty of time over the last few months outlining exactly how the members could use the AGM to force through the sorts of changes they wanted to. People we looking at collecting proxy votes and forcing a vote of no confidence, with the view of forcing the election of a new board with more "balls" as you put it. I know there were many nervous board members expecting a very rough ride on Monday. What happened? Not a dickie bird. You can make snide remarks about me gloating about it if you want, but it's bollox. I've long been saying I want a more aggressive approach taken.

Ux, that's the way it came across to me. If you'd rather I hadn't said what I think, then fine, that's your prerogative too.

I'm not really surprised nobody made the effort - as I said, once the trust sale issue died down, it was then a case (for many) of not needing to panic so much. Also, it shows that people either can't be bothered to get off their arses or they just don't support the Trust at the moment. There's probably a good case for 'a bit of both too'.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:36 - Jan 31 with 3390 viewsTheResurrection

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 08:06 - Jan 31 by DrGonzo

It's funny this as I don't remember you ever having anything insightful to say, never revealed any info, brought valid concerns into debate, called scenarios correctly years before they happened etc etc et bloody cetera.....

Yet all of a sudden you want to make some noise splashing about in your piss puddle.

You don't grasp things. It's as simple as that. I need a facking blackboard, chalk and to go on a roadshow cos important issues are just going way over your head, and others too.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:38 - Jan 31 with 3378 viewswaynekerr55

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:36 - Jan 31 by TheResurrection

It's funny this as I don't remember you ever having anything insightful to say, never revealed any info, brought valid concerns into debate, called scenarios correctly years before they happened etc etc et bloody cetera.....

Yet all of a sudden you want to make some noise splashing about in your piss puddle.

You don't grasp things. It's as simple as that. I need a facking blackboard, chalk and to go on a roadshow cos important issues are just going way over your head, and others too.

Did you attend the same diplomacy training as WarwickHunt?

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:39 - Jan 31 with 3364 viewsUxbridge

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:32 - Jan 31 by MoscowJack

Ux, that's the way it came across to me. If you'd rather I hadn't said what I think, then fine, that's your prerogative too.

I'm not really surprised nobody made the effort - as I said, once the trust sale issue died down, it was then a case (for many) of not needing to panic so much. Also, it shows that people either can't be bothered to get off their arses or they just don't support the Trust at the moment. There's probably a good case for 'a bit of both too'.

No sure why you're twisting this into me having issues with you saying what you think. My comments were in relation to my view on what you wrote, not on your right to do it.

Anyway, I wish the SCSA well. I don't doubt their motives for a second.

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:42 - Jan 31 with 3342 viewsmagicdaps10

Res.

You are tw@t, you are wrong

Just fook off.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:45 - Jan 31 with 3332 viewsUxbridge

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:29 - Jan 31 by Loyal

Does anyone need to RUN it.
See you on Thursday and find out.

Like I said, no way I could be there tomorrow. This week has been too busy already. I hope it goes well though.

As for running the org, well to a point I think they do. Like it or not, one or two will need to be the public face. I assume somebody is making decisions given the cost of printing 5,000 fanzines? Not a dig in the slightest, but having some experience of such committees I know how things go if they're not organised.

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:46 - Jan 31 with 3316 viewsTheResurrection

Silly Children Supporters Association. on 10:26 - Jan 31 by Uxbridge

You should be publicly disowning the supporters groups because even mentioning them and what they're up to is you shouting from the rooftops the Trust is Bust.

I tried to get on and make a difference. Clase and Lisa have gone on but from the outside looking in there doesn't seem to be anything different going on. Yeah the share sale is on hold but where is the follow up to you lot asking Jenkins to step down?.

It's you lot that should be doing all this, not allowing the groups to fester and affect our chance of survival.

Still no pen pics, still don't know why some were voted on and not others and still the same passive nonsense the Trust has become famous for

Also, the lack of any coherent plan if indeed Jenkins was removed is the worst thing of all

In short, what the hell are you doing??

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024