Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out in Spain.. 09:12 - Feb 2 with 5793 viewsHuwJackBastard

We have £40mil out on loan in Spain... Discuss...
Out in Spain.. on 09:17 - Feb 2 with 3494 viewsBobby_Fischer

Well if they're not going to play, why not free some of the wage obligations?

Poll: Who should take over from Jenkins?

Out in Spain.. on 09:23 - Feb 2 with 3477 viewsBloodyhills

In an ideal world this 40 million of players would be in the squad, in form and motivated, but we don't live in an ideal world.

It could be that there is a pattern to this and maybe it's bad acquisition of players that don't fit or is it just the law of averages and is the same at other clubs where some signings work out well and some just don't.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Out in Spain.. on 09:26 - Feb 2 with 3462 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Out in Spain.. on 09:17 - Feb 2 by Bobby_Fischer

Particularly in Mesa's case, we're subsidising a good chunk of his wages to send him on loan. Not sure about Baston or Amat. I doubt we've freed up that much in terms of wages.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Out in Spain.. on 09:49 - Feb 2 with 3426 viewsTheResurrection

Out in Spain.. on 09:26 - Feb 2 by AustinIsOurHero

Particularly in Mesa's case, we're subsidising a good chunk of his wages to send him on loan. Not sure about Baston or Amat. I doubt we've freed up that much in terms of wages.

How much are we subsiding exactly?

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Out in Spain.. on 09:52 - Feb 2 with 3419 viewsoldcob

Out in Spain.. on 09:49 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

Now we are subsiding? How bad is it? Get the under-pinning done, quick.
Out in Spain.. on 09:55 - Feb 2 with 3409 viewsjacabertawe

Out in Spain.. on 09:49 - Feb 2 by TheResurrection

The Liberty Stadium is suffering subsidence?! That's all we need.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Out in Spain.. on 09:57 - Feb 2 with 3399 viewspencoedjack

It’s either the SCSA’s or Sumbler’s fault

Nowt to do with having an inept DOF on 500k a year
Out in Spain.. on 09:58 - Feb 2 with 3395 viewsoldcob

Out in Spain.. on 09:55 - Feb 2 by jacabertawe

The Liberty Stadium is suffering subsidence?! That's all we need.

Thats what I'd have put if I could spell subsidence Jac.
Login to get fewer ads

Out in Spain.. on 10:05 - Feb 2 with 3380 viewsperchrockjack

Incompetence on put chairman s part
Pure and simple

Bringing in totally unsuitable players

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Out in Spain.. on 10:12 - Feb 2 with 3351 viewsTom1912

Not much to discuss.

Chairman made bad transfers, now we’re sending them out on loan to free up some wages that will hopefully lead to transfers in the summer and some of our money back.

You always have transfers that don’t work out in football. The trick is balancing it so you have more success stories than horror stories. We’ve slid down the league because in recent years we’ve been making more mistakes than not.
Out in Spain.. on 10:16 - Feb 2 with 3336 viewsyescomeon

Even if we are subsidising their wages, they are better off out there playing than being here and not playing. The problem is not so much that they are out there now but that they were brought here in the first place. The Baston signing looks like a bad one whatever way you look at it, perhaps he couldn't settle, or maybe he just isn't very good. The Mesa signing looked a good one on paper, but he didn't settle. Neither player had played outside of Spain before coming here. As said in an article by a recruitment expert posted on here a few weeks ago, that should be a warning.

Upthecity!

Out in Spain.. on 10:23 - Feb 2 with 3322 viewsJethroJack

The "big" clubs waste more money than we do on (assumed) better quality players.
Just 2 examples...
* Pogba hasn't exactly pulled up many trees.
* I reckon Van Dijk will end up being a waste of good money.

If only players were programmable machines rather than flawed human beings like the rest of us, eh!
Out in Spain.. on 10:29 - Feb 2 with 3302 viewsSwan91

read somewhere that with the mesa loan its with view to buy at the end of the season.. i read 10million. and his goodbye message on instagram kind of made me think there is truth in it... sounded like a player not coming back. Strange what happened but there must be something off the field that has affected the managers and directors thinking.

Amat... well what are the odds of Amat coming back at the end of the season to be replacement for Mawson (I can imagine swans selling mawson next window.. if it is a lot of money)

Borja baston.... well i don't know about him.. very strange case. hopefully sell him next window..
Out in Spain.. on 10:56 - Feb 2 with 3261 viewsjasper_T

Out in Spain.. on 10:29 - Feb 2 by Swan91

read somewhere that with the mesa loan its with view to buy at the end of the season.. i read 10million. and his goodbye message on instagram kind of made me think there is truth in it... sounded like a player not coming back. Strange what happened but there must be something off the field that has affected the managers and directors thinking.

Amat... well what are the odds of Amat coming back at the end of the season to be replacement for Mawson (I can imagine swans selling mawson next window.. if it is a lot of money)

Borja baston.... well i don't know about him.. very strange case. hopefully sell him next window..

Baston's not having much of a time back home, so when Bony reaches his pension, Tammy goes home and the Ayews both start angling for transfers again there might be no choice but to give him a run of games here.
Out in Spain.. on 11:22 - Feb 2 with 3180 viewsPozuelosSideys

Given the size of PL wages, id be suprised if we arent subsidising at least part of the wage of every single player we have out on loan.

Better than having them sat here doing now and picking up the full tab i spose

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Out in Spain.. on 11:28 - Feb 2 with 3159 viewslondonlisa2001

Where does this story that's been posted a few times that we are subsidising Mesa's wages come from?
Out in Spain.. on 11:33 - Feb 2 with 3147 viewsTom1912

Out in Spain.. on 10:23 - Feb 2 by JethroJack

The "big" clubs waste more money than we do on (assumed) better quality players.
Just 2 examples...

If only players were programmable machines rather than flawed human beings like the rest of us, eh!

Yeah but they have more money to waste so it's all relevant.

We aren't going to survive in the PL if we keep wasting £10m+ on players from Spain.
Out in Spain.. on 12:43 - Feb 2 with 3072 viewsmajorraglan

Out in Spain.. on 09:17 - Feb 2 by Bobby_Fischer

I agree with your comments about freeing up cash, but the issue for me is the amount of money that has been spent on signings that haven’t cut it. If 2 of the 4 had worked out I reckon the club would be a lot further up the League than it is.
Out in Spain.. on 16:46 - Feb 2 with 2869 viewsJethroJack

Out in Spain.. on 11:33 - Feb 2 by Tom1912

Yeah but they have more money to waste so it's all relevant.

We aren't going to survive in the PL if we keep wasting £10m+ on players from Spain.

Its all relevant?....relative?
We haven't always wasted £10M+ on Spanish players, have we?
Michu, Rangel...those guys cost us peanuts & helped us thrive big time in the Premier League.

Like I said, players aren't programmable machines & come with no guarantees.

Also, most on here thought (non-Spaniard) Sam Clucas was total shite for £16M...then along comes Carlos.

So, manager/coach synergy is also a big factor, which makes the whole process even more unpredictable.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 16:50]
Out in Spain.. on 16:51 - Feb 2 with 2849 viewsSwan91

Out in Spain.. on 16:46 - Feb 2 by JethroJack

Its all relevant?....relative?
We haven't always wasted £10M+ on Spanish players, have we?
Michu, Rangel...those guys cost us peanuts & helped us thrive big time in the Premier League.

Like I said, players aren't programmable machines & come with no guarantees.

Also, most on here thought (non-Spaniard) Sam Clucas was total shite for £16M...then along comes Carlos.

So, manager/coach synergy is also a big factor, which makes the whole process even more unpredictable.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 16:50]

agree.... it's all good signing a player from a different league etc...you don't know how they will adapt or even if they can.

also take in mind we have changed managers so much in the premier league... different systems.. so if we sign a player suited for 1 system then change managers with different systems then it is quite likely it will fail..
Out in Spain.. on 17:34 - Feb 2 with 2775 viewsKilkennyjack

Out in Spain.. on 16:51 - Feb 2 by Swan91

agree.... it's all good signing a player from a different league etc...you don't know how they will adapt or even if they can.

also take in mind we have changed managers so much in the premier league... different systems.. so if we sign a player suited for 1 system then change managers with different systems then it is quite likely it will fail..

Yes - so why take the risk ?

Joe Allen and the like are low risk proven players.

Its a choice and the accountability is with Jenkins as DoF.

Beware of the Risen People

Out in Spain.. on 18:04 - Feb 2 with 2712 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Out in Spain.. on 10:23 - Feb 2 by JethroJack

Just 2 examples...

Apart from De Gea, Pogba is probably the first name on Manchester United's team sheet and has been superb for them since he joined.

Van Dijk has barely been there a month.

Meanwhile Baston has been on our books for a while, as has Mesa. I can't even remember the other players we have loaned out to make up the £40m but I'm sure they've been here a while as well, and contributed less than Pogba has during his brief time at Manchester United.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Out in Spain.. on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 2608 viewsbuilthjack

Don't forget Montero

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Out in Spain.. on 22:20 - Feb 2 with 2470 viewsJethroJack

Out in Spain.. on 18:04 - Feb 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Apart from De Gea, Pogba is probably the first name on Manchester United's team sheet and has been superb for them since he joined.

Van Dijk has barely been there a month.

Meanwhile Baston has been on our books for a while, as has Mesa. I can't even remember the other players we have loaned out to make up the £40m but I'm sure they've been here a while as well, and contributed less than Pogba has during his brief time at Manchester United.

Don't you mean....and has been superb for us......
Out in Spain.. on 22:51 - Feb 2 with 2426 viewsbringbacklaudrup

A bigger problem than the recruitment of individual players is there doesn't seem to be a clear and cohesive strategy in recruiting the players suitable for the tactics and style the team intend to be their mainstay. There isn't a clear vision of how each player's qualities, style and skills would synergise with and complement those of the players that are already with the squad.

If one wants to see a player like Baston succeed, they need to make sure that there are players that can create space for him to run into and have the vision to supply him service in advanced positions. Baston doesn't seem to have the ability to do all these things himself at the Premier League level, as he doesn't have great strength or speed. Even someone like Berbatov having superior skills cannot succeed consistently without players with superior movement and passing ability. Swansea simply didn't have the players necessary to complement Baston.

Mesa seems to have been a Money-Ball type of signing who was recruited mostly on the basis of his passing statistics. There seems to be something missing in the algorithm, because any player's individual statistics are uninformative if there isn't adequate analysis of many other factors: such as the abilities of his teammates and the styles and strengths of the teams in La Liga in general. There doesn't seem to have been enough analysis of how the characteristics that would make Mesa successful at Las Palmas would be transferable to Swansea and the Premier League.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2018 22:52]

Poll: Would you rather have Woods or Chirivella?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024