Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenji's off 21:27 - Jun 26 with 5571 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kenji's off on 21:30 - Jun 26 with 4223 viewsjasper_T

Good, he's a nice lad but isn't any use to us as a player.

We took a gamble on him and it failed to pay off.
Kenji's off on 21:33 - Jun 26 with 4190 viewsJango

Good luck to him. Nowhere near the standard required here unfortunately.
Kenji's off on 21:35 - Jun 26 with 4171 viewsDr_Winston

Should have happened two or three years ago. If a player isn't knocking on the door of the first team at 18-19 years old then realistically it's never going to happen, although obviously some will slip through the gaps.

Seems like the focus of youth development at the club lately has focused on winning trophies rather than producing players for the first team, which is, after all, what they're for.

Still fairly early days though. The Academy has only really been going four or five years which isn't enough time to reach peak productivity.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Kenji's off on 21:49 - Jun 26 with 4060 viewsjasper_T

Kenji's off on 21:35 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Should have happened two or three years ago. If a player isn't knocking on the door of the first team at 18-19 years old then realistically it's never going to happen, although obviously some will slip through the gaps.

Seems like the focus of youth development at the club lately has focused on winning trophies rather than producing players for the first team, which is, after all, what they're for.

Still fairly early days though. The Academy has only really been going four or five years which isn't enough time to reach peak productivity.

Three years ago he was "knocking on the door". Top scorer for the u21s, just made his debut against Palace, and ready to go out on loan to an Eredivisie club.

It's all been downhill from there but the 3 year contract he got seemed a reasonable bet at the time.
Kenji's off on 21:52 - Jun 26 with 4029 viewsdickythorpe

Promising 3 years ago but unfulfilled at this present time.
Best he gets regular first team football or he'll just stagnate and become a bore " I used to play for Swansea City when they were in the prem" piss head.
Kenji's off on 21:53 - Jun 26 with 4019 viewsmagicdaps10

Kenji's off on 21:49 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Three years ago he was "knocking on the door". Top scorer for the u21s, just made his debut against Palace, and ready to go out on loan to an Eredivisie club.

It's all been downhill from there but the 3 year contract he got seemed a reasonable bet at the time.

Wonder how much we will get for him.
Under 24 and we offered him a contract so will be entitled to a fee.

200k?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Kenji's off on 21:56 - Jun 26 with 3995 viewsDr_Winston

Kenji's off on 21:49 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

Three years ago he was already 20.

He's obviously not improved since then so whoever decided he was worth that extended contract has questions to answer.

Kenji's off on 21:56 - Jun 26 with 3990 viewsmagicdaps10

Kenji's off on 21:53 - Jun 26 by magicdaps10

Wonder how much we will get for him.
Under 24 and we offered him a contract so will be entitled to a fee.

200k?

Joined a Portuguese team so wont get any compo.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Kenji's off on 22:01 - Jun 26 with 3946 viewsGeoffThom

Have to agree with you,they should be really at it by 20 if not there’s the door ,surely these so called coaches know before then also?
Kenji's off on 22:04 - Jun 26 with 3918 viewsDr_Winston

Kenji's off on 22:01 - Jun 26 by GeoffThom

Have to agree with you,they should be really at it by 20 if not there’s the door ,surely these so called coaches know before then also?

Depends what remit the coaches were given.

Kenji's off on 22:05 - Jun 26 with 3917 viewspencoedjack

We seem to be releasing/selling all the players I thought might of been worthwhile when we got relegated.

Personally I couldn’t give a fuk about winning some under 23 league unless it gets players into the 1st team, & the likes of Bartley drawing a wage when obviously not PL standard then wanting out when we play in a league he might be ok in is pretty sickening.

Anyway fuk em all
Kenji's off on 22:16 - Jun 26 with 3840 viewsBadlands

Highlights the negative side of under 23s. Would he have improved playing lower league football or being nursed into the senior side? Some players react to what is around them .. play with youth you play youth level, play with seniors you learn to play senior keel.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Kenji's off on 22:21 - Jun 26 with 3809 viewsDr_Winston

Kenji's off on 22:16 - Jun 26 by Badlands

Highlights the negative side of under 23s. Would he have improved playing lower league football or being nursed into the senior side? Some players react to what is around them .. play with youth you play youth level, play with seniors you learn to play senior keel.

Spot on.

Any half decent prospect at 17-19 should be out on loan learning how to play against seasoned professionals rather than wasting their time in a glorified reserve league.

Kenji's off on 22:24 - Jun 26 with 3795 viewsjasper_T

Kenji's off on 21:56 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

Three years ago he was already 20.

He's obviously not improved since then so whoever decided he was worth that extended contract has questions to answer.

You would have released him on a free a month or so after his debut?
Kenji's off on 22:28 - Jun 26 with 3770 viewsDr_Winston

Kenji's off on 22:24 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

You would have released him on a free a month or so after his debut?

I'd have asked myself why a player was only at the age of 20 coming into consideration for the first time and the circumstances behind it.

It's hypothetical but I doubt I'd have offered a three year deal at that point. A one year extension maybe.

Kenji's off on 22:28 - Jun 26 with 3770 viewsjasper_T

Kenji's off on 22:16 - Jun 26 by Badlands

He went out to ADO Den Haag, he went out to Northampton. It's not like he was left to rot in the u23s the whole time.
Kenji's off on 22:39 - Jun 26 with 3698 viewsjasper_T

Kenji's off on 22:28 - Jun 26 by Dr_Winston

I'd have asked myself why a player was only at the age of 20 coming into consideration for the first time and the circumstances behind it.

It's hypothetical but I doubt I'd have offered a three year deal at that point. A one year extension maybe.

He and his dad would have said no and found a contract elsewhere.

Personally I think giving up on players the second the exit their teens is ridiculous. Look at Mawson, when he was 19 he was having a series of unsuccessful lower league loans, now we're trying to sell him for £25m. Players develop at different rates but in the UK everyone demands the teenage sensation. On the continent there seems to be more patience, with players floating around clubs more in their early twenties without being completely written off.

We're not a big club spending millions on the pick of the litter of 13/14/15 year olds who are 6'2 and run 100m in 11 seconds. The early bloomers get poached so giving what we have an extra year or so isn't a major issue.

Spending six figures on Botti Biabi is a major issue. Any word on him turning down our (hopefully derisory) contract offer yet?
Kenji's off on 22:52 - Jun 26 with 3639 viewsDr_Winston

"He and his dad would have said no and found a contract elsewhere."

And we'd have been no worse off.

"Personally I think giving up on players the second the exit their teens is ridiculous. Look at Mawson, when he was 19 he was having a series of unsuccessful lower league loans, now we're trying to sell him for £25m."

As I said earlier, no doubt some will slip through the gaps. However, the Mawson's of this world are exception rather than the rule.

I can remember one of the first acts of Martinez the manager was to offer Chad Bond a new contract after Kenny Jackett had bombed him out. Time proved KJ in the right there.

Kenji's off on 23:24 - Jun 26 with 3523 viewsomarjack

That's some odd timing for him to leave..Just when he might finally get his chance at a senior level.

Oh well..honestly good riddance..Seems like a nice guy and all but he won't really cut it at a senior level in England..unless we're talking League Two or something.

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Kenji's off on 23:44 - Jun 26 with 3466 viewsjasper_T

He's signed a 3 year deal with Nacional in Portugal.
Kenji's off on 23:46 - Jun 26 with 3463 viewsKilkennyjack

Always felt like a ‘take the piss’ type signing for me.
Somebody knows his dad and uncle, its a load of old bollox.

The 23-year-old made just one league appearance in his five years at SA1, during which he also spent loan spells out in his native Netherlands with Den Haag and EFL side Northampton Town.
Gone on a free.

Not the lads fault, but he has taken from the club and given nothing meaningful back.
A lucky boy that most clubs would not have retained for 5 years.

Beware of the Risen People

Kenji's off on 00:53 - Jun 27 with 3373 viewsLoyal

Never a top flight footballer.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Kenji's off on 05:32 - Jun 27 with 3285 viewsicecoldjack

Couple of grand a week saved with his exit. Decent lower league footballer, good luck to him.
Kenji's off on 07:21 - Jun 27 with 3174 viewsKilkennyjack

Kenji's off on 22:39 - Jun 26 by jasper_T

He and his dad would have said no and found a contract elsewhere.

Personally I think giving up on players the second the exit their teens is ridiculous. Look at Mawson, when he was 19 he was having a series of unsuccessful lower league loans, now we're trying to sell him for £25m. Players develop at different rates but in the UK everyone demands the teenage sensation. On the continent there seems to be more patience, with players floating around clubs more in their early twenties without being completely written off.

We're not a big club spending millions on the pick of the litter of 13/14/15 year olds who are 6'2 and run 100m in 11 seconds. The early bloomers get poached so giving what we have an extra year or so isn't a major issue.

Spending six figures on Botti Biabi is a major issue. Any word on him turning down our (hopefully derisory) contract offer yet?

But its not working because it has not produced any meaningful first team players.
And we got relegated.

Every bought in player has failed from Rory Donnelly to Grimes to Kenji. Many others.
(oli McBurnie might contribute something i guess)
The only meaningful player is local boy Roberts who is through at 21/22.

U23s at Chelsea include Loftus-Cheek and Tammy.

It needs a very different approach.
The lap of honour for the u23s was a bizarre thing to witness.

Beware of the Risen People

Kenji's off on 07:24 - Jun 27 with 3167 viewsJackfath

I’m sure there was a poster on here who asked all these pertinent questions last season and the season before when we were spending money on players for the u23s, with no hope of becoming first team players. He used to get rounded on and shouted down.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024