Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? 19:58 - Aug 30 with 10117 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 19:59 - Aug 30 with 5317 viewsDarran

Let’s all agree here.
We had seven wonderful years in the greatest league in the world,won a major trophy and went on a European tour.
Up untill 3 or 4 years ago Jenkins was doing a wonderful job and then the sale to the
Surely nobody expected us to be in such a mess after all the tv money,sponsorship etc etc and yes I do understand we signed players and payed decent wages.
Now the rumour is we are on our fuçking arse financially and in a bit of bother balancing the books

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:05 - Aug 30 with 5276 viewsbuilthjack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 19:59 - Aug 30 by Darran

Let’s all agree here.
We had seven wonderful years in the greatest league in the world,won a major trophy and went on a European tour.
Up untill 3 or 4 years ago Jenkins was doing a wonderful job and then the sale to the
Surely nobody expected us to be in such a mess after all the tv money,sponsorship etc etc and yes I do understand we signed players and payed decent wages.
Now the rumour is we are on our fuçking arse financially and in a bit of bother balancing the books

I would agree with you on this

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:08 - Aug 30 with 5253 viewsLeonWasGod

Turnover going from ~£140m to about £70m this year, £55m next, £30m next and <£20m after that. Significant sums spent on players where we won't recoup much if any value.

No, not really surprised at all. I don't think people remember or realise how much teams in this division struggle financially, unless they have an owner willing to give money but then they run into FFP problems.

We needed to make massive cuts and seem to still be paying for feck ups of the past.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:10 - Aug 30 with 5237 viewsBadlands

Not at all surprised because we'd been made well aware we were living on the edge since Laudrup was manager.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:13 - Aug 30 with 5215 viewsplasjack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 19:59 - Aug 30 by Darran

Let’s all agree here.

What club isn't apart from the obvious ones, FFP is the cause in most cases, but until we are a top club with a big financial backing, it is as it is.
Our present owners are small fry, and will not alter our present troubles.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:14 - Aug 30 with 5208 viewsblackswan

I'm more surprised that Jenkins still has his snout in the trough after overseeing this clusterfuk
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:15 - Aug 30 with 5188 viewslifelong

Let’s all agree here.

Didn’t Huw Jenkins say recently that we were in a great position on, and off, the field, or words to that effect?
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:15 - Aug 30 with 5185 viewsmagicdaps10

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:08 - Aug 30 by LeonWasGod

Turnover going from ~£140m to about £70m this year, £55m next, £30m next and <£20m after that. Significant sums spent on players where we won't recoup much if any value.

No, not really surprised at all. I don't think people remember or realise how much teams in this division struggle financially, unless they have an owner willing to give money but then they run into FFP problems.

We needed to make massive cuts and seem to still be paying for feck ups of the past.

But wasnt that the reason Huw gave for selling the club, because this group had the money and could take the hit if we went down.....because they had money.

It is clear now that they dont, even clearer that it was another of Jenkins lies. The patronising part to all this, is that Jenkins continues to get caught out with the words that come from this mouth.

On the subject to the poll, I am not surprised but am surprised as to how they have gone about it, a bit like a yard sale and taking any amount before they pack up for the night.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:17 - Aug 30 with 5168 viewsjack2jack

Not saying that there hasn't been some shocking decisions,maybe it's just a consequence of being in the PL.Like Leon said we don't appear to have owners who are willing to spend a bit of cash.
We've done well.Maybe it was unsustainable?
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:21 - Aug 30 with 5129 viewsNeathJack

The fact the club was run during the last few years in the PL to the point where the finances would be in such an apparently disgusting state in the event of a relegation that we flirted with for 3 seasons, is a complete and utter ****ing disgrace and those in charge of running the club over that period should be both ashamed, and allowed nowhere near the club now and in the future.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:21 - Aug 30 with 5125 viewsWingstandwood

Let’s all agree here.

Just goes to show what a complete and utter travesty, farce and intelligence insulting PR-stunt that Dineen interview on Swansea Sound was!........The bullsh1t sprouted off by Dineen and the way he tried to portray the Yanks as the silver-bullet 'Red-Adair' solution for a club facing relegation repercussions and cash-flow worries? A damn lie and utter bollocks aimed at the naive, stupid and happy-clappy.

The only 'things' the Yanks have brought to the table is?.... Additional expenditure on off the field of play/behind the scenes hangers-on, leeches and parasites e.g. Pearlman, Mr Money Ball, consultant Dineen etc, etc, etc and a player fire-sale...... Next level my f#cking arse!!!!!

And THE major disgrace of it all (mentioned on Swansea Sound by Dineen) i.e. the 'financial' strategy is geared entirely to sacrifice/decimate the squad so that freeloaders, gravy train passengers and impostors can continue with their heads buried in the SCFC money trough.

Argus!

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:21 - Aug 30 with 5125 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:10 - Aug 30 by Badlands

Not at all surprised because we'd been made well aware we were living on the edge since Laudrup was manager.

Had we? Got any links?

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:24 - Aug 30 with 5107 viewsLeonWasGod

To put t it in perspective, IF Wilf is on £120k p/w over the year (£6m) that's about a quarter of the turnover for about half the clubs in this division!
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:26 - Aug 30 with 5082 viewsOldjack

Its a rumour spread by liars ,i'll rest my case

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:27 - Aug 30 with 5081 viewsLeonWasGod

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:21 - Aug 30 by Darran

Had we? Got any links?

We were told by HJ that the reason we sold JJS was to do with cashflow.
We were told we needed the Yanks to help with cash flow

I'd love to know what the yanks have actually contributed. Anything - be it easing cashflow, strategic changes, etc. From the outside it looks like they've been a disaster.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:30 - Aug 30 with 5056 viewsDarran

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:27 - Aug 30 by LeonWasGod

We were told by HJ that the reason we sold JJS was to do with cashflow.
We were told we needed the Yanks to help with cash flow

I'd love to know what the yanks have actually contributed. Anything - be it easing cashflow, strategic changes, etc. From the outside it looks like they've been a disaster.

Well I can’t believe there’s anyone that sees anything positive in the sale as far as the football club goes.

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:36 - Aug 30 with 5017 viewsLeonWasGod

People should have a look at Swiss Rambles posts on Championship clubs to get an idea of the reality. We had a reported wage bill of £90m+. This is how much teams earnt in the Championship in the last set of accounts for 2016/17 (and remember we had to adjust from an even higher starting level because income has gone up in the PL with the enhanced TV deal).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DegmnTFXkAA4uoR?format=jpg

It's from the Brenford discussion, but most of the graphs are for the whole league.

And also look at wage bills, etc. I'm not defending the outcome of the board's work this summer, but they had to act. This business about them all pocketing the money is probably groundless and ignores the reality (but they're still sh*t and have made bad decisions).
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:41 - Aug 30 with 4977 viewsGaryjack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:15 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

But wasnt that the reason Huw gave for selling the club, because this group had the money and could take the hit if we went down.....because they had money.

It is clear now that they dont, even clearer that it was another of Jenkins lies. The patronising part to all this, is that Jenkins continues to get caught out with the words that come from this mouth.

On the subject to the poll, I am not surprised but am surprised as to how they have gone about it, a bit like a yard sale and taking any amount before they pack up for the night.

In the interests of fairness, i don't recall Huw Jenkins saying anything of the sort. Though i seem to remember Dineen stating they had the finances to deal with the transitional period following relegation, or words to that effect.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:41 - Aug 30 with 4968 viewsLeonWasGod

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:30 - Aug 30 by Darran

Well I can’t believe there’s anyone that sees anything positive in the sale as far as the football club goes.

Or the fans. Been a disaster, and completely predictable as shown by Dav at least (possibly others too, I think we''ve had this discussion before).

Worse thing to happen to us since I've been following us.
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:43 - Aug 30 with 4942 viewsTheResurrection

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:15 - Aug 30 by magicdaps10

No he didn't

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:45 - Aug 30 with 4932 viewsHighjack

We haven't heard or seen of these American pricks in months. Do they even give a shit?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:46 - Aug 30 with 4922 viewsPozuelosSideys

We tried to have a fire sale but the fire went out before the sausgaes were done

We are just left eating the dry buns - not even some loan sauce

Yeehaw

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:55 - Aug 30 with 4838 viewsBLAZE

I haven't followed news with a fine tooth comb for years so maybe this directive went out of the window a long time ago, but didn't Jenkins state at one point that we only sign players willing to take a big pay cut in the case of relegation? Not wanting to gamble with the future of the club etc. What happened to that?
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:59 - Aug 30 with 4808 viewsairedale

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:46 - Aug 30 by PozuelosSideys

We tried to have a fire sale but the fire went out before the sausgaes were done

We are just left eating the dry buns - not even some loan sauce

Yeehaw

How are you Carlos?
Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 21:01 - Aug 30 with 4798 viewsbuilthjack

Are you surprised at how bad the clubs finances appear to be? on 20:45 - Aug 30 by Highjack

We haven't heard or seen of these American pricks in months. Do they even give a shit?

No

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024