Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oli Mcburnie 14:26 - Oct 31 with 5603 viewsSwan91

What do you think his best type of play in the team is?

for me I think he is the perfect player just behind a second striker... seeing Bony back in training in the video today... those 2 strikers together could solve our goalscoring problems.

sometimes I feel a player like Mcburnie has still not got his positioning worked out well... but a player like Bony if at the top might possibly be a bit better... when those crosses go flying in. so will be interesting to see if he makes any appearances and just what would his impact would be at CH level.
Oli Mcburnie on 14:29 - Oct 31 with 4347 viewsjackrmee

I agree with you that Bony supported by a deeper lying Oli sounds amazing...but what about Celina then?
What formation could we play to get the best out of them both?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oli Mcburnie on 14:45 - Oct 31 with 4307 viewsSwan91

Oli Mcburnie on 14:29 - Oct 31 by jackrmee

I agree with you that Bony supported by a deeper lying Oli sounds amazing...but what about Celina then?
What formation could we play to get the best out of them both?

-----------------Nordfelt--------
Naughton----VDH-----JR-------Olsson
---------------Fer-----Celina------
Roberts--------------Oli-------James
--------------Bony-------------------

If I remember correctly Celina was pretty good in a deep role in the beginning of the season and was able to control the play and make good runs himself.. so this wouldn't be such a bad formation, with old and bony playing off each other and with wingers making crosses into the box having both of those strikers in there could cause some major problems for the opposition.

or have wingbacks like this:

-----------------Nordfelt----------------
--------VDH-------CCV-------JR--------
Roberts----Fer-----Celina------Olsson
-------------Oli-------James------------
------------------Bony-------------------

Could have it like this with james roaming wide a bit making runs with oli also switching between link up play with bony. and maybe if a player like james isn't doing well in that position... change celina to that position and have a player like fulton or grimes with fer in cm.
Oli Mcburnie on 15:03 - Oct 31 with 4277 viewsjackrmee

Oli Mcburnie on 14:45 - Oct 31 by Swan91

-----------------Nordfelt--------
Naughton----VDH-----JR-------Olsson
---------------Fer-----Celina------
Roberts--------------Oli-------James
--------------Bony-------------------

If I remember correctly Celina was pretty good in a deep role in the beginning of the season and was able to control the play and make good runs himself.. so this wouldn't be such a bad formation, with old and bony playing off each other and with wingers making crosses into the box having both of those strikers in there could cause some major problems for the opposition.

or have wingbacks like this:

-----------------Nordfelt----------------
--------VDH-------CCV-------JR--------
Roberts----Fer-----Celina------Olsson
-------------Oli-------James------------
------------------Bony-------------------

Could have it like this with james roaming wide a bit making runs with oli also switching between link up play with bony. and maybe if a player like james isn't doing well in that position... change celina to that position and have a player like fulton or grimes with fer in cm.

Yeah he can play a deeper role, but is that his best position? I think his creativity will trump Oli's virtues in the no10 role and therefore mean Oli has to move.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oli Mcburnie on 16:07 - Oct 31 with 4226 viewsjasper_T

If Ollie can't play 9 then he doesn't make the starting 11 for me. Celina far better than him at 10, and we need bodies in midfield.
Oli Mcburnie on 16:30 - Oct 31 with 4201 viewsoldcob

Twin strikers with Celina behind them?
Oli Mcburnie on 17:14 - Oct 31 with 4160 viewsjasper_T

Oli Mcburnie on 16:30 - Oct 31 by oldcob

Twin strikers with Celina behind them?

No wingers? We've finally found a good one.
Oli Mcburnie on 19:24 - Oct 31 with 4048 viewsdameedna

Oli
James Celina Roberts

Fulton Byers Grimes Fer all showing good attacking intent

Allowing a centre half to play higher up in the DM role would help him imo
Oli Mcburnie on 19:56 - Oct 31 with 4015 viewsDippy

Plays better with a support player like Celina, but would probably play better with a proper number 9

Poll: Cooper Out

Login to get fewer ads

Oli Mcburnie on 22:17 - Oct 31 with 3963 viewsJFSwan

I want him up front scoring tap ins. Sometimes drop in and let wingers run beyond him but much rather Celina in the hole doing the creating
Oli Mcburnie on 22:24 - Oct 31 with 3954 viewsCatullus

How do we shoehorn them both in if Bony plays? Do we go 3 CB's or do we go with one holding player?
Maybe it'd be better to start Ollie but bring Bony on for the last 30 or so. Imagine a tired defence having to deal with a fit Bony? Specially if James and Montero are on the wings.

I'd stick with Celina at 10 otherwise, he's not too good out wide, not big enough for the holding role (gets pushed around to much) and Ollie hasn't the same creativity, for me anyway.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Oli Mcburnie on 08:58 - Nov 1 with 3732 viewskarnataka

Oli Mcburnie on 22:24 - Oct 31 by Catullus

How do we shoehorn them both in if Bony plays? Do we go 3 CB's or do we go with one holding player?
Maybe it'd be better to start Ollie but bring Bony on for the last 30 or so. Imagine a tired defence having to deal with a fit Bony? Specially if James and Montero are on the wings.

I'd stick with Celina at 10 otherwise, he's not too good out wide, not big enough for the holding role (gets pushed around to much) and Ollie hasn't the same creativity, for me anyway.

If we ever do have Oli & Wilf both available for selection, it will probably only be for a handful of games so this is not going to be a problem for long.
Oli Mcburnie on 12:52 - Nov 2 with 3590 viewsjasonbromham

Would prefer Bony in the 10 Role and McBurnie up top. Bony's link up play is top notch.
Oli Mcburnie on 12:56 - Nov 2 with 3583 viewslondonlisa2001

Oli Mcburnie on 16:07 - Oct 31 by jasper_T

If Ollie can't play 9 then he doesn't make the starting 11 for me. Celina far better than him at 10, and we need bodies in midfield.

Agree with this.

Don’t think we can play both him and Bony, and don’t think we will need to anyway.
Oli Mcburnie on 14:08 - Nov 2 with 3521 viewsnantywatcher

Oli Mcburnie on 12:52 - Nov 2 by jasonbromham

Would prefer Bony in the 10 Role and McBurnie up top. Bony's link up play is top notch.

" Bony's link up play is top notch."
What????
I need a lie down in a darkened room.
Oli Mcburnie on 15:50 - Nov 2 with 3465 viewsBadlands

I think WIlf is a lone striker - when he's been paired up with others with us, City and Stoke they've just got in each others' way.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oli Mcburnie on 16:33 - Nov 2 with 3428 viewsDr_Winston

Oli Mcburnie on 14:08 - Nov 2 by nantywatcher

" Bony's link up play is top notch."
What????
I need a lie down in a darkened room.

Probably for the best if you can't see that Wilf's ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is, or was, about as good as it gets.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oli Mcburnie on 16:36 - Nov 2 with 3424 viewsEasternJack

With Bony coming back, McBurnie better pull his socks up

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Oli Mcburnie on 16:40 - Nov 2 with 3420 viewsEasternJack

On a serious note. Celina behind Bony with Montero/Roberts/James could be carnage....

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Oli Mcburnie on 17:04 - Nov 2 with 3398 views34dfgdf54

Oli Mcburnie on 16:33 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

Probably for the best if you can't see that Wilf's ability to hold the ball up and bring others into play is, or was, about as good as it gets.

This.

Terrible shout that was.
Oli Mcburnie on 09:10 - Nov 3 with 3303 viewsKilkennyjack

Bony is unlikely to be the same player. Who knows ?

I would get Oli in the gym and tell him he is a fecking number 9, so go get us some goals Oli ?

Beware of the Risen People

Oli Mcburnie on 09:35 - Nov 3 with 3292 viewsnantywatcher

Oli Mcburnie on 16:33 - Nov 2 by Dr_Winston

Olli's holding up and linking up play is way better than Wilf and improving all the time.
Many rose tinted glasses on this site, but as I've said before I would love to be proved wrong.
Oli Mcburnie on 09:40 - Nov 3 with 3287 views34dfgdf54

Oli Mcburnie on 09:35 - Nov 3 by nantywatcher

Olli's holding up and linking up play is way better than Wilf and improving all the time.
Many rose tinted glasses on this site, but as I've said before I would love to be proved wrong.

You’re on about rose tinted spectacles, by thinking McBurnie holds up play is better than Bony’s you must have double glazed ones on permanently.
Oli Mcburnie on 09:53 - Nov 3 with 3283 viewsDr_Winston

Oli Mcburnie on 09:35 - Nov 3 by nantywatcher

You're basically doing the equivalent of claiming that Ki was a tough tackler or that Trundle was weak with his left foot.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oli Mcburnie on 10:24 - Nov 3 with 3261 viewsBDS

Oli Mcburnie on 09:53 - Nov 3 by Dr_Winston

You're basically doing the equivalent of claiming that Ki was a tough tackler or that Trundle was weak with his left foot.

How did Barnsley use Oli? Did well for them.
As for Bony, if he starts every game he may possibly approach match fitness by January ready to be moved on. He was great for us first time round but has played very little football over the last few years. Never going to be the player he was. We seem to have a pretty good team spirit which could well be upset by forcing Bony in.
Oli Mcburnie on 10:32 - Nov 3 with 3254 viewsBadlands

McBurnie needs to stop banging on about playing for Rangers IMO.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024