Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub 19:04 - Mar 26 with 4019 viewstheloneranger

The White Swan, another old pub in Swansea closes.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/local-news/drugs-violence-prostitution-force-

"Figures obtained by Wales Online from South Wales Police in January via the Freedom of Information Act revealed 1,164 incidents in High Street were recorded by police in the last twelve months."

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 19:14 - Mar 26 with 3989 viewsdickythorpe

Chris Coleman's old man was a regular there.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 19:34 - Mar 26 with 3948 viewsThrasher6

Kate Adie worked behind the bar....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 19:46 - Mar 26 with 3916 viewstheloneranger

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 19:14 - Mar 26 by dickythorpe

Paddy was a regular in many pubs over the years, 😂 a real gent.

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 19:59 - Mar 26 with 3879 viewsLeonWasGod

Bollox, wish I’d known before as I’d have gone to, er, sample its delights.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 21:55 - Mar 26 with 3755 viewsFieryJack

Shame.

Used to go in here a lot back in the day - when pubs were pubs.

From here to the Nelson across the road (gone), then on to the Pullman opposite the train station (gone), then the Shoulder of Mutton on the High Street (gone), then along to the Adam & Eve (gone), then maybe a sideways walk to the Cardiff Arms (gone), a quick one in The Bush (gone) before hitting Wind Street - Wind Street that is before it was tarted up in its present form.

Hardly any 'real' boozers left in Swansea.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 22:37 - Mar 26 with 3688 viewsossie_jacks

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 19:14 - Mar 26 by dickythorpe

so was I a long time ago met paddy in there many times but knew him previously as I lived on cadrawd rd for a while
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 23:51 - Mar 26 with 3615 viewscontroversial_jack

Wasn't there another white Swan on the Kingsway going back to the 80s?
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 00:22 - Mar 27 with 3597 viewstheloneranger

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 23:51 - Mar 26 by controversial_jack

Wasn't there another white Swan on the Kingsway going back to the 80s?

New Swan

Login to get fewer ads

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 06:43 - Mar 27 with 3494 viewsAnotherJohn

I was a regular at the folk club run one night a week at the White Swan in the late 70s/ early 80s. If my memory hasn't let me down the pub was popular with off-duty police at that time.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 07:10 - Mar 27 with 3473 viewslifelong

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 06:43 - Mar 27 by AnotherJohn

I was a regular at the folk club run one night a week at the White Swan in the late 70s/ early 80s. If my memory hasn't let me down the pub was popular with off-duty police at that time.

Mike Prince was the licensee in those days, he now lives in France.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:09 - Mar 27 with 3280 viewsDafyddHuw

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 21:55 - Mar 26 by FieryJack

Shame.

Used to go in here a lot back in the day - when pubs were pubs.

From here to the Nelson across the road (gone), then on to the Pullman opposite the train station (gone), then the Shoulder of Mutton on the High Street (gone), then along to the Adam & Eve (gone), then maybe a sideways walk to the Cardiff Arms (gone), a quick one in The Bush (gone) before hitting Wind Street - Wind Street that is before it was tarted up in its present form.

Hardly any 'real' boozers left in Swansea.

Wind St.
You forgot The Coach.
Another proper pub.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:23 - Mar 27 with 3257 viewsFieryJack

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:09 - Mar 27 by DafyddHuw

Wind St.
You forgot The Coach.
Another proper pub.

Remember it well, Dafydd.

Regular haunt of mine. Right mix of dodgy characters in there. Some good bands downstairs in the cellar as well.

The best "worst" pub was further down Wind Street - the Borough Arms, which was as rough as ar*eholes, as they say in Yorkshire.

It's now that Spanish Bodega restaurant.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:30 - Mar 27 with 3243 viewsvetchonian

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:23 - Mar 27 by FieryJack

Regular haunt of mine. Right mix of dodgy characters in there. Some good bands downstairs in the cellar as well.

The best "worst" pub was further down Wind Street - the Borough Arms, which was as rough as ar*eholes, as they say in Yorkshire.

no the Borough became cafe Devarough and then the gentlemens lounge or what ever it became....La Brass wwas something else

The other great WInd St pub was the Duke.....before it got extended

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 22:19 - Mar 28 with 2933 viewsGlyn1

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:30 - Mar 27 by vetchonian

no the Borough became cafe Devarough and then the gentlemens lounge or what ever it became....La Brass wwas something else

Shame.

This Friday (probably today when you read this) is when it closes. I hope some of you will call in and report back.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 00:03 - Mar 30 with 2676 viewsjack_lord

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:30 - Mar 27 by vetchonian

I worked in the Duke, stunning staircase in that pub.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 00:15 - Mar 30 with 2669 viewstheloneranger

I think La Braseria used to be the "Continental Stores"

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 08:17 - Mar 30 with 2587 viewsGowerjack

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 16:23 - Mar 27 by FieryJack

The Squirts on a Friday night - great band

Not forgetting The Tremblin' Knees, Middle Earth,The Little Triggers, Delusions of Grandeur and many more..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 14:20 - Mar 30 with 2475 viewsFieryJack

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 08:17 - Mar 30 by Gowerjack

The Squirts on a Friday night - great band

Not forgetting The Tremblin' Knees, Middle Earth,The Little Triggers, Delusions of Grandeur and many more..

Remember most of those bands.

Middle Earth had a nice-looking female singer, if I remember right.
Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 14:22 - Mar 30 with 2472 viewsDarran

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6866569/Businesses-Swansea-say-shutting

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 15:56 - Mar 30 with 2434 viewsGowerjack

Drugs, violence and prostitution force landlord to shut High Street pub on 14:20 - Mar 30 by FieryJack

Remember most of those bands.

Middle Earth had a nice-looking female singer, if I remember right.

Wher name was Jan I think

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024