Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next Three Games 21:00 - Aug 26 with 4974 viewssP7qupUf

Leeds (a)
Forest (h)
Bristol City (a)

Some tough games here but can face them with confidence. If we are still at the sharp end after these fixtures we have a good chance of really pressing ahead given our fixtures in the following 5 weeks. Thoughts?
Next Three Games on 21:13 - Aug 26 with 3811 viewsMagic_Michu

5 points + would put us in a great position.

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

Next Three Games on 21:24 - Aug 26 with 3772 viewsChief

Next Three Games on 21:13 - Aug 26 by Magic_Michu

5 points + would put us in a great position.

I think 4 would leave in a very healthy place

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Next Three Games on 22:22 - Aug 26 with 3663 viewsGlyn1

Next Three Games on 21:24 - Aug 26 by Chief

I think 4 would leave in a very healthy place

I agree. 4 points would be excellent.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Next Three Games on 22:29 - Aug 26 with 3637 viewsnyc_swans

beat Forest and pinch a point from one of the others. that will do nicely.

it's a long old season.
Next Three Games on 22:38 - Aug 26 with 3608 viewsBanosswan

Any loss and dwight, jasper, badlands etc will be all over it.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Next Three Games on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 3573 viewsJack_Brel

4 pts would be a decent return considering what we already have at this point, but if we get something at Leeds, it’d suddenly be a bit disappointing to ‘only’ get 1-3 pts from Forest and Bristol the way we’ve been playing. I guess this run can’t go on forever, but I can see us getting 5-7 from the next 3.
Next Three Games on 23:06 - Aug 26 with 3517 viewsjasper_T

Next Three Games on 22:38 - Aug 26 by Banosswan

Any loss and dwight, jasper, badlands etc will be all over it.

Imagine not giving a sht when your team loses.

Honestly wonder why some people bother.
Next Three Games on 23:14 - Aug 26 with 3494 viewsSTID2017

Next Three Games on 22:49 - Aug 26 by Jack_Brel

4 pts would be a decent return considering what we already have at this point, but if we get something at Leeds, it’d suddenly be a bit disappointing to ‘only’ get 1-3 pts from Forest and Bristol the way we’ve been playing. I guess this run can’t go on forever, but I can see us getting 5-7 from the next 3.

"This run can't go on forever"
5 league games unbeaten - good start, but hsrdly matches The Invincibles run or Man City's does it.
Not expecting us to go 25 or 30 games unbeaten, but why can't we go 8, 9 or more games unbeaten ?
Leeds are a good side - that's why they are top.
So are we - that's why we are joint top.
Nothing to be afraid of in this division except fear itself.
Cooper and co are only focussing on one game at a time, as they should be.
I fancy us to get a draw at Leeds, followed by wins against Forest and Bristol City
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 23:15]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Next Three Games on 23:58 - Aug 26 with 3420 viewsFireboy2

Next Three Games on 23:14 - Aug 26 by STID2017

"This run can't go on forever"
5 league games unbeaten - good start, but hsrdly matches The Invincibles run or Man City's does it.
Not expecting us to go 25 or 30 games unbeaten, but why can't we go 8, 9 or more games unbeaten ?
Leeds are a good side - that's why they are top.
So are we - that's why we are joint top.
Nothing to be afraid of in this division except fear itself.
Cooper and co are only focussing on one game at a time, as they should be.
I fancy us to get a draw at Leeds, followed by wins against Forest and Bristol City
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 23:15]

I fancy a win in all 3 my friend😉
[Post edited 26 Aug 2019 23:58]
Next Three Games on 01:02 - Aug 27 with 3381 viewsSTID2017

Next Three Games on 23:58 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

TBH so do I, but I didn"t want to say it for fear of being ridiculed on here.
So keep it just between us, eh ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Next Three Games on 03:15 - Aug 27 with 3341 viewsWanderer

I really believe Coops wants to win every game, a much refreshing change in attitude from tinkering Potter and especially the Undertaker!
Next Three Games on 08:33 - Aug 27 with 3129 viewsbluenile

Next Three Games on 03:15 - Aug 27 by Wanderer

I really believe Coops wants to win every game, a much refreshing change in attitude from tinkering Potter and especially the Undertaker!

I agree. It was a very telling comment when one journalist suggested a point away at Derby was a good result. Cooper's response was interesting, when he drummed his fingers on the table then said no, he felt we could have and should have won, and he expected a win. It's a long season, right enough, but it looks like we've begun as we mean to go on.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 8:35]

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Next Three Games on 09:39 - Aug 27 with 3050 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Next Three Games on 08:33 - Aug 27 by bluenile

I agree. It was a very telling comment when one journalist suggested a point away at Derby was a good result. Cooper's response was interesting, when he drummed his fingers on the table then said no, he felt we could have and should have won, and he expected a win. It's a long season, right enough, but it looks like we've begun as we mean to go on.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 8:35]

He seemed properly annoyed that we didn't win and that's exactly what he should be thinking. Interestingly though the next four games we won scoring three in each game !
Perhaps he's got a touch of the Frankie Burrows about him lol.
Five or seven points would be great, nine would be out of this world but funnily enough I'd rather have 5 than 6. Let's keep forward momentum and stay unbeaten.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Next Three Games on 09:41 - Aug 27 with 3048 viewsBadlands

Don't know what to expect!
Hope for 9!
Realistically , 3 or 4 (unbeaten would be good, 5 would be excellent.
2 or less would be disappointing.

Leeds - 1
Forest - 3
Bristol - 1

With a fit squad and no departures the three games are winnable.
If Cooper gets the team playing a whole match in the way they have in the second half of games (and most of the Brum) we could collect points in every game. But that is unlikely.
Fair play to Cooper, the team is starting to look like a team. Not complete, but there again neither is anyone else.
Wth the squad we have, and the real quality we've started seeing, we are in a very good place.
I'm wondering how we will do against the better sides but so far it's working.
IMO, much will depend on Ayew and Borja being available. It looks like Cooper has realised these are the players to build the team around so hopefully he's been given the nod to continue with them. I'd like to see him getting more form the midfield especially Celina and Grimes who have been below par.
Credit where it's due, Cooper is improving the team but for some reason I still can't warm to him.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Next Three Games on 10:38 - Aug 27 with 3001 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Next Three Games on 09:41 - Aug 27 by Badlands

Hope for 9!

Leeds - 1
Forest - 3
Bristol - 1

If Cooper gets the team playing a whole match in the way they have in the second half of games (and most of the Brum) we could collect points in every game. But that is unlikely.
Fair play to Cooper, the team is starting to look like a team. Not complete, but there again neither is anyone else.
Wth the squad we have, and the real quality we've started seeing, we are in a very good place.
IMO, much will depend on Ayew and Borja being available. It looks like Cooper has realised these are the players to build the team around so hopefully he's been given the nod to continue with them. I'd like to see him getting more form the midfield especially Celina and Grimes who have been below par.
Credit where it's due, Cooper is improving the team but for some reason I still can't warm to him.

Agreed but I think the Birmingham game was a big ramp up. The way we passed and moved was a joy to watch. Keep this side together and we could go on an unprecendented run you know.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Next Three Games on 12:07 - Aug 27 with 2925 viewsVincent_Vega

I'm going to call it,

Let have it!!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Next Three Games on 12:11 - Aug 27 with 2911 viewscontroversial_jack

Stating the obvious; the away games will be tough!
Next Three Games on 12:27 - Aug 27 with 2882 viewsjack247

Next Three Games on 09:41 - Aug 27 by Badlands

Hope for 9!

Leeds - 1
Forest - 3
Bristol - 1

Interesting you mention second half performances. In the last two home games Cooper’s made a halftime substitution that has changed the game completely. I wouldn’t class Byers or Naughton as the kind of players you’d be desperate to bring on to swing a game your way, but even excluding their goals, we controlled the second half and looked rampant each time. All credit to him.
Next Three Games on 12:48 - Aug 27 with 2847 viewspencoedjack

Next Three Games on 23:58 - Aug 26 by Fireboy2

I’m going to all 3 so I’d be extremely happy with that
Next Three Games on 13:03 - Aug 27 with 2824 viewssainthelens

Next Three Games on 12:48 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

I’m going to all 3 so I’d be extremely happy with that

Can't make Saturday cos my lads working ( won't go without him) but got our Brizzle ticks...you going by train Penc ?
Next Three Games on 13:13 - Aug 27 with 2802 views34dfgdf54

Next Three Games on 13:03 - Aug 27 by sainthelens

Can't make Saturday cos my lads working ( won't go without him) but got our Brizzle ticks...you going by train Penc ?

I’ll be on the train to Bristol, don’t want it to be like last year though rocking up 10 minutes into game.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2019 13:13]
Next Three Games on 13:31 - Aug 27 with 2776 viewsSwanseaman

Next Three Games on 03:15 - Aug 27 by Wanderer

When Carvahal was here and I realized that he wasn't trying to win any more games. He had come up with such a crazy plan of getting a few draws and we would be safe (or whatever was going on in his head). A very depressing time to realize that he was leading us to the drop and putting zero fight.

What a difference with Cooper, even at 2-0 up we don't sit back, just want to score more and keep on attacking, total belief that we can win every game.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Next Three Games on 13:33 - Aug 27 with 2773 viewsjasper_T

Next Three Games on 13:31 - Aug 27 by Swanseaman

When Carvahal was here and I realized that he wasn't trying to win any more games. He had come up with such a crazy plan of getting a few draws and we would be safe (or whatever was going on in his head). A very depressing time to realize that he was leading us to the drop and putting zero fight.

What a difference with Cooper, even at 2-0 up we don't sit back, just want to score more and keep on attacking, total belief that we can win every game.

Almost backfired at QPR. 1-0 up away from home and we opened up. There was only going to be one winner in that game until the penalty swung things back in our direction.

I expect 4 points from these three games.
Next Three Games on 13:37 - Aug 27 with 2769 viewsJackfath

I think we will get 8 points.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Next Three Games on 14:00 - Aug 27 with 2741 viewsSwanseaman

Next Three Games on 13:33 - Aug 27 by jasper_T

Almost backfired at QPR. 1-0 up away from home and we opened up. There was only going to be one winner in that game until the penalty swung things back in our direction.

I expect 4 points from these three games.

Carvalhal had us playing full on park the bus strategy, really depressing, we were similar to how Birmingam played on Sunday.

I think we will get from 4 to 6 points

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024