Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jennie Formby 19:37 - May 4 with 2682 viewssP7qupUf

Standing down as Labour Party General secretary. Big supporter of Corbyn and Red Len. Good news all round.
Jennie Formby on 19:52 - May 4 with 2665 viewsdickythorpe

I hope she takes over her late father's window cleaning round.
Jennie Formby on 20:35 - May 4 with 2615 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Jennie Formby on 19:52 - May 4 by dickythorpe

I hope she takes over her late father's window cleaning round.

I saw him leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jennie Formby on 20:54 - May 4 with 2603 viewsWarwickHunt

Jennie Formby on 20:35 - May 4 by Joe_bradshaw

I saw him leaning on the lamp post at the corner of the street.

That was Mussolini. Oh hang on, that was hanging from...
Jennie Formby on 21:14 - May 4 with 2571 viewsPegojack

Jennie Formby on 20:54 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

That was Mussolini. Oh hang on, that was hanging from...

That story seems to have gone into common parlance. By coincidence, I was reading about it only today, as a bit of side research following up on something in a book I'm reading on the Spanish Civil War.
Anyhow, old Musso, his girlfriend and a number of camp followers were caught near Lake Como whilst attempting to flee to Switzerland. The partisans shot them all and transported the bodies to a square in Milan, where they dumped them and drove off. The square being the scene of regular partisan executions under the fascists, the locals hung the bodies upside down from an iron girder across the entrance to an Esso petrol station on the square, where they were then subjected to all sorts of abuse. No lampposts involved, though.

Anyway, to get back to Formby, good riddance, keep it up Kier. We'll soon have Boris strung up by the heels. Metaphorically speaking, of course.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 21:17]
Jennie Formby on 21:19 - May 4 with 2563 viewsdickythorpe

I had a mate who was married to a girl whose grandmother was Italian and spat at Mussolini whilst he was hanging
Jennie Formby on 21:33 - May 4 with 2542 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Maybe it was Lenin on the lamppost at the corner of the street...

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jennie Formby on 09:51 - May 5 with 2416 viewsWarwickHunt

Jennie Formby on 21:19 - May 4 by dickythorpe

I had a mate who was married to a girl whose grandmother was Italian and spat at Mussolini whilst he was hanging

Christ - he could have caught something nasty!
Jennie Formby on 11:01 - May 5 with 2379 viewsNotLoyal

Champagne communist. Best forgotten.
SCUM.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Jennie Formby on 11:14 - May 5 with 2363 viewsairedale

Jennie Formby on 21:14 - May 4 by Pegojack

That story seems to have gone into common parlance. By coincidence, I was reading about it only today, as a bit of side research following up on something in a book I'm reading on the Spanish Civil War.
Anyhow, old Musso, his girlfriend and a number of camp followers were caught near Lake Como whilst attempting to flee to Switzerland. The partisans shot them all and transported the bodies to a square in Milan, where they dumped them and drove off. The square being the scene of regular partisan executions under the fascists, the locals hung the bodies upside down from an iron girder across the entrance to an Esso petrol station on the square, where they were then subjected to all sorts of abuse. No lampposts involved, though.

Anyway, to get back to Formby, good riddance, keep it up Kier. We'll soon have Boris strung up by the heels. Metaphorically speaking, of course.

People were very intolerant of camp people in those days, especially if they wore bright clothing. If you were even a bit camp you would have been well advised to keep it to yourself and close friends.

Oh and Jennie was learning to play the ukulele last I heard.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 11:15]
Jennie Formby on 11:23 - May 5 with 2347 viewsLohengrin

You may want to add a copy of this to your reading list, pal:

It follows the bizarre journey of the body of Mussolini from the ghoulish spectacle in Milan to its eventual return to his family and final interment at Predappio.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Jennie Formby on 12:06 - May 5 with 2319 viewsswanforthemoney

Jennie Formby on 21:19 - May 4 by dickythorpe

I went to visit the memorial where Franco is buried. Not a fan but it is a remarkable monument. The late Jose the Basque Jack asked me to spit on his grave “from Jose”
Couldn’t do the full expectoration as it was guarded, tightly.
Managed to direct some symbolic droplets in Francos direction, from Jose.

I stand in the North Stand

Jennie Formby on 12:10 - May 5 with 2314 viewsPegojack

Jennie Formby on 11:23 - May 5 by Lohengrin

You may want to add a copy of this to your reading list, pal:

It follows the bizarre journey of the body of Mussolini from the ghoulish spectacle in Milan to its eventual return to his family and final interment at Predappio.

Yes, I know he went 'on tour' as it were.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 12:17]
Jennie Formby on 12:13 - May 5 with 2307 viewsPegojack

Jennie Formby on 12:06 - May 5 by swanforthemoney

I went to visit the memorial where Franco is buried. Not a fan but it is a remarkable monument. The late Jose the Basque Jack asked me to spit on his grave “from Jose”
Couldn’t do the full expectoration as it was guarded, tightly.
Managed to direct some symbolic droplets in Francos direction, from Jose.

Well done, mate. Anyway, the current government dug his remains up a few months ago and had them buried elsewhere, as an act of respect to the thousands of political prisoners who died building the little fecker's monument. It is now a monument to peace and reconciliation, as it should be.
Jennie Formby on 12:16 - May 5 with 2303 viewsPegojack

Jennie Formby on 11:14 - May 5 by airedale

People were very intolerant of camp people in those days, especially if they wore bright clothing. If you were even a bit camp you would have been well advised to keep it to yourself and close friends.

Oh and Jennie was learning to play the ukulele last I heard.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 11:15]

Even as I was writing that, I thought to myself "some dull fecker will make a pathetic joke about the use of the word camp".

You never disappoint.
[Post edited 5 May 2020 12:16]
Jennie Formby on 13:07 - May 5 with 2264 viewskarnataka

Hi Mike, as you're interested in the Spanish Civil War, if you ever venture up towards Zaragoza area, try and visit a place called Belchite, a village that was destroyed during hostilities but was never rebuilt as Franco wanted it to be left as a reminder of what his enemies were capable of so the locals built a brand new Belchite next to it.

BTW, are you allowed outside yet?
Jennie Formby on 13:28 - May 5 with 2247 viewsCatullus

Jennie Formby on 13:07 - May 5 by karnataka

Hi Mike, as you're interested in the Spanish Civil War, if you ever venture up towards Zaragoza area, try and visit a place called Belchite, a village that was destroyed during hostilities but was never rebuilt as Franco wanted it to be left as a reminder of what his enemies were capable of so the locals built a brand new Belchite next to it.

I watched a program about the battle at Belchite, there is still an unexploded shell lodged in the Cathedral wall. It's supposedly haunted. Many battle sites have ghost stories though.

I'll be glad when Starmer has finished his 'refurbishment' of Labour, out with the useless and broken down and in with hopefully really good people.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Jennie Formby on 13:29 - May 5 with 2247 viewsPegojack

Jennie Formby on 13:07 - May 5 by karnataka

Hi mate, yes allowed out now for walks. Just returned from a 2km walk to the village pharmacy to stretch the legs and buy some face masks. Sunk a pint of lager on my return without it touching the sides! It's feckin hot here now after a very poor April. Soon be splashing around in the pool.
Jennie Formby on 22:42 - May 6 with 2117 viewskarnataka

Jennie Formby on 13:28 - May 5 by Catullus

I watched a program about the battle at Belchite, there is still an unexploded shell lodged in the Cathedral wall. It's supposedly haunted. Many battle sites have ghost stories though.

I'll be glad when Starmer has finished his 'refurbishment' of Labour, out with the useless and broken down and in with hopefully really good people.

Belchite was an extraordinary story, it was a battle over something that neither side wanted nor needed and involved some American troops. Completely destroyed a town of no strategic interest to anybody. Very sad.
Jennie Formby on 23:26 - May 6 with 2093 viewsThrasher6

Mussolini was a hideous man. Very few virtues of any note. Nothing.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Jennie Formby on 23:38 - May 6 with 2086 viewsBest_loser

Jennie Formby on 23:26 - May 6 by Thrasher6

Mussolini was a hideous man. Very few virtues of any note. Nothing.

Made the trains run on time though
Jennie Formby on 00:18 - May 7 with 2064 viewsGlyn1

Jennie Formby on 21:33 - May 4 by Joe_bradshaw

Maybe it was Lenin on the lamppost at the corner of the street...

I felt compelled to log in just so I could up arrow this.

By the way, has everyone seen the latest photos of Adele? Unbelievable.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Jennie Formby on 00:31 - May 7 with 2058 viewsThrasher6

Jennie Formby on 00:18 - May 7 by Glyn1

I felt compelled to log in just so I could up arrow this.

By the way, has everyone seen the latest photos of Adele? Unbelievable.

Lost a fair bit of timber...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024