Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Frankie and Bennys 18:55 - Jun 3 with 3398 viewsParsSwans

Closing 120 sites and seeing many(unconfirmed reports) that Morfa will be one. Be sad to see it go but unsurprising as overpriced and standards dipped dramatically over the years used to go every home game up until about 5 years ago and now maybe twice a season just for a pint. Change of plans on match days for a lot I would imagine if true!

This post has been edited by an administrator
Frankie and Bennys on 21:34 - Jun 3 with 3171 viewsjack_lord

I went to one up in Suffolk as it was by the hotel we use for training. Absolute rubbish compared to when we used to take the kids there. I'm sure they would fine something to fill a stadium slot,

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Frankie and Bennys on 21:42 - Jun 3 with 3149 views1983

Would great to see that open as some kind of Swansea City FC sports bar / club house

Frankie and Bennys on 22:13 - Jun 3 with 3089 viewsJBT95

F&B went away from the basics which made it what it was - Italian-American cuisine.

They stopped playing the associated music and just put everyday music on, changed the food on the menu and also the menu design style to something really quite basic and cheap looking.

Can't say I've had a bad meal from the ones I've been to, and my parents love it for breakfast, but they haven't really helped theirselves as a brand.

Would be a shame to lose it from the Liberty but I guess they probably rely on match days and can't see us having a fan attended game for a while.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:15]
Frankie and Bennys on 22:15 - Jun 3 with 3076 viewsJBT95

Frankie and Bennys on 21:42 - Jun 3 by 1983

Would great to see that open as some kind of Swansea City FC sports bar / club house

This is a good shout. Email the club. Could be a better version of the Jack Zone.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:16]
Frankie and Bennys on 00:10 - Jun 4 with 2940 viewsCatullus

Frankie and Bennys on 22:13 - Jun 3 by JBT95

F&B went away from the basics which made it what it was - Italian-American cuisine.

They stopped playing the associated music and just put everyday music on, changed the food on the menu and also the menu design style to something really quite basic and cheap looking.

Can't say I've had a bad meal from the ones I've been to, and my parents love it for breakfast, but they haven't really helped theirselves as a brand.

Would be a shame to lose it from the Liberty but I guess they probably rely on match days and can't see us having a fan attended game for a while.
[Post edited 3 Jun 2020 22:15]

Totally agree with that. They have been in trouble for a while and the downgrade made it even worse.

As 1983 said a sports bar there would be ideal. Just do good quality burgers/hotdogs and chips, have sports channels on and supply decent beer.

On the zone by Virgin and Lyte's ladders there's a large plot of fenced off land which would be ideal for a big supporters bar with car park that could be multi use (weddings, functions etc) and is ony a 5/10 min walk to the ground. Who wants to lend me a few million? If I build it will you come? I'm out in a field, dreaming.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Frankie and Bennys on 03:10 - Jun 4 with 2896 viewsGlyn1

Frankie and Bennys on 00:10 - Jun 4 by Catullus

Totally agree with that. They have been in trouble for a while and the downgrade made it even worse.

As 1983 said a sports bar there would be ideal. Just do good quality burgers/hotdogs and chips, have sports channels on and supply decent beer.

On the zone by Virgin and Lyte's ladders there's a large plot of fenced off land which would be ideal for a big supporters bar with car park that could be multi use (weddings, functions etc) and is ony a 5/10 min walk to the ground. Who wants to lend me a few million? If I build it will you come? I'm out in a field, dreaming.

It would be busy 23 days a year and empty for 342. Won't happen. Sorry for the people who work there.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Frankie and Bennys on 07:34 - Jun 4 with 2831 views34dfgdf54

Would love that. Could keep their staff on aswell.
Frankie and Bennys on 07:46 - Jun 4 with 2824 viewsHighjack

I went in there for lunch a few years ago, it was about one o clock in the afternoon and we were the only people in there yet they wouldn’t let us sit where we wanted and tried to shunt us into a dark little corner.

Haven’t been back since. I hate those places that tell you where to sit even when it’s dead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Frankie and Bennys on 07:56 - Jun 4 with 2817 viewsDr_Winston

Frankie and Bennys on 03:10 - Jun 4 by Glyn1

It would be busy 23 days a year and empty for 342. Won't happen. Sorry for the people who work there.

Exactly this.

Pubs & clubs have to earn a living during the days when there aren't any games, something the numerous people who tried to make a go of the Mexico Fountain in the early years of the stadium didn't grasp. Sports teams. Food. Live music. Something else as a selling point. The football crowds (and it is always football, you'd never know there was a Rugby game on in the local pubs) should be a bonus, not an essential.

Anything sited there will have to have that something else to offer, which is why they're both basically restaurants at the moment.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Frankie and Bennys on 09:29 - Jun 4 with 2734 viewsKGriz16

Over-priced food, and the experience isn't much better either. Grandparents love having lunch there due to lunch menu being somewhat reasonably priced. You would hope another chain would take up the vacancy as it's in a decent place for business.
Frankie and Bennys on 11:01 - Jun 4 with 2649 viewsVincent_Vega

Great idea but don’t let the club run it, would be a disaster! Pisswater unclean carling in tap and hopelessly long queues. Better to have someone like Boss Brewing in there as a new bar but I’d wager the rent would be astronomical.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Frankie and Bennys on 11:23 - Jun 4 with 2628 views1983

Frankie and Bennys on 03:10 - Jun 4 by Glyn1

But those 23 days/nights the place would be totally rammed ,yeah only maybe open 5 days/nights a week and get it SKY sports right up to the hilt for the plastics wall to wall back to back sport, Bands on the weekend when the Swans are away (the band scene in Swansea is really good at the moment) have some kind of Swans points loyalty card for money off beer in the place on none Swans days. Just a good bit of planning and some know how and it could be done

Frankie and Bennys on 12:47 - Jun 4 with 2557 viewsdickythorpe

Good for breakfasts feck all else
Frankie and Bennys on 12:58 - Jun 4 with 2535 viewsJackfath

Max's restaurant of choice.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Frankie and Bennys on 12:59 - Jun 4 with 2531 viewsdickythorpe

Frankie and Bennys on 12:58 - Jun 4 by Jackfath

Max's restaurant of choice.

Is he ok? He ran off with a tranny didn't he?
Frankie and Bennys on 17:45 - Jun 4 with 2388 viewsCatullus

Frankie and Bennys on 11:23 - Jun 4 by 1983

But those 23 days/nights the place would be totally rammed ,yeah only maybe open 5 days/nights a week and get it SKY sports right up to the hilt for the plastics wall to wall back to back sport, Bands on the weekend when the Swans are away (the band scene in Swansea is really good at the moment) have some kind of Swans points loyalty card for money off beer in the place on none Swans days. Just a good bit of planning and some know how and it could be done

This in spades! It would be for supporters on matchdays but would have to be multi functional to survive so (I'm still dreaming) could have creche facilities for zone workers, a reasonably cheap cafe/restaurant for zone workers AND it wouldn't just be for football, the eggers could use it too. It would be open for any internationals or concerts at the Liberty and thinking outside the box, maybe some guest rooms for exiled Jacks to use if they make it back, or even for away fans. The car park would have to be big enough to offer reserved matchday parking for people who didn't want to use the facilities.

Last, I did say I was dreaming!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Frankie and Bennys on 18:35 - Jun 4 with 2320 viewsDrGonzo

Crap food, crap place. No great loss.
Frankie and Bennys on 12:15 - Jun 5 with 2079 viewswestwalesed

Frankie and Bennys on 18:35 - Jun 4 by DrGonzo

Crap food, crap place. No great loss.

Absolutely appalling, overpriced crap

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Frankie and Bennys on 12:18 - Jun 5 with 2074 viewsPrivate_Partz

Abysmal. Had a meal there years ago. It was so bad I never went back. Can't think why anybody bothers with these horrible chains.
Feel really sorry for all those losing their jobs though.
Maybe Rossis could take it over. A local company employing locals would be ideal imho.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024