Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... 20:02 - Jun 18 with 6683 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/53096584

Ridiculous, as much as I hate the song.
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:08 - Jun 18 with 5364 viewsFireboy2

I've been against it since the fvckers started singing it in 87.

I took great pleasure in telling my english team mates what 'their' song meant but the ignorant tvvats refused to believe the truth.
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:16 - Jun 18 with 5349 viewsHighjack

It’s all bonkers.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:21 - Jun 18 with 5332 viewsFlashberryjack

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:16 - Jun 18 by Highjack

It’s all bonkers.

No need to thank me
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 20:24]

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:24 - Jun 18 with 5319 viewslonglostjack

Bloody brillant! The Twickers brigade can finally stick their chariots up their rear passages! Arrogant twaats!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:40 - Jun 18 with 5291 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Barbour clad Ruperts and Tarquins singing a slave song at Twickers.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 21:03 - Jun 18 with 5254 viewsSwanjaxs

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:40 - Jun 18 by Joe_bradshaw

"Barbour clad Ruperts"...

Fair play that made me lol 😂

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 21:43 - Jun 18 with 5207 viewsBrynCartwright

I've never understood why the Ruperts, Benedicts and Tristrams didn't just sing "Jerusalem "at 'HQ'?

It's a belter of a tune, and not an idiotically appropriated North American slave spiritual.

I guess they're just bell-ends!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 22:16 - Jun 18 with 5172 viewsFieryJack

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 21:43 - Jun 18 by BrynCartwright

I've never understood why the Ruperts, Benedicts and Tristrams didn't just sing "Jerusalem "at 'HQ'?

It's a belter of a tune, and not an idiotically appropriated North American slave spiritual.

I guess they're just bell-ends!

"Jerusalem" would be more appropriate, but is probably more difficult to sing coherently or easily, especially after beer.
Login to get fewer ads

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 22:21 - Jun 18 with 5159 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Why did they start singing Swing Low? Does anyone know? Can't be bothered to look it up but am interested

and lets be honest despite everything going on at the moment they'll find a way to justify it somehow
[Post edited 18 Jun 2020 22:24]

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 22:32 - Jun 18 with 5137 viewsBytholWyn

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 22:21 - Jun 18 by PatchesOHoulihan

Why did they start singing Swing Low? Does anyone know? Can't be bothered to look it up but am interested

and lets be honest despite everything going on at the moment they'll find a way to justify it somehow

It was a rugby club song accompanied by appropriate hand gestures. I wonder if you can guess the wrist movement that accompanied "coming for to carry me home"?

Doesn't it say something about the lack of self-awareness, or simple crass insensitivity of the average English rugby supporter that this embarrassment has endured as long as it has.
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 22:54 - Jun 18 with 5110 viewsJango

Amazing grace was sung at George Floyds funeral and is a huge song in the black community. Written by John Newton.

With the message that forgiveness and redemption are possible regardless of sins committed and that the soul can be delivered from despair through the mercy of God, "Amazing Grace" is one of the most recognisable songs in the English-speaking world.

Better still.

John Newton went to sea at a young age and worked on slave ships in the slave trade for several years. In 1745, he himself became a slave of Princess Peye, a woman of the Sherbro people, but later returned to sea and was the captain of slave ships.
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:13 - Jun 18 with 5085 viewsKerouac

I guess none of you will be singing the blues from here on in huh, I hate sanctimony.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:41 - Jun 18 with 5070 viewsowainglyndwr

Because Tey could not sing and have the Hwyl passion of the Celts
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:47 - Jun 18 with 5057 viewsBrynCartwright

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:13 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

I guess none of you will be singing the blues from here on in huh, I hate sanctimony.

I'm not sure about sanctimony Ker, and I've literally got tens of English types that are terrific people and very dear to me...., but they're not quite as superb as us Welsh are they in the long and short of it!?!

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:49 - Jun 18 with 5038 viewsKerouac

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:47 - Jun 18 by BrynCartwright

I'm not sure about sanctimony Ker, and I've literally got tens of English types that are terrific people and very dear to me...., but they're not quite as superb as us Welsh are they in the long and short of it!?!

I'll give you that one Bryn

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:51 - Jun 18 with 5043 viewsJoe_bradshaw

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 23:13 - Jun 18 by Kerouac

I hate sanctimony is the most sanctimonious comment on this thread by far.

Very funny Kerouac.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 07:32 - Jun 19 with 4965 viewsLohengrin

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 22:32 - Jun 18 by BytholWyn

It was a rugby club song accompanied by appropriate hand gestures. I wonder if you can guess the wrist movement that accompanied "coming for to carry me home"?

Doesn't it say something about the lack of self-awareness, or simple crass insensitivity of the average English rugby supporter that this embarrassment has endured as long as it has.

Pretty much a staple of the post-match rituals of every youth team in Swansea and Neath in the ‘80s, that and smashing each other over the head with metal bar trays.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 07:36 - Jun 19 with 4961 viewsLohengrin

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 20:40 - Jun 18 by Joe_bradshaw

” Barbour clad Ruperts...

I’m one of those, so are my Beagles. They wear them too.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 09:46 - Jun 19 with 4904 viewsBest_loser

Wasn't sloop John B, a slave song too

Great song
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 11:37 - Jun 19 with 4858 viewsFireboy2

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 09:46 - Jun 19 by Best_loser

Great song

No it wasnt and yes it is a cracking song.
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 12:16 - Jun 19 with 4825 viewsKerouac

So what if it is a slave song.
It wasn't written by Hitler or the Ku Klux Clan, it was written by black people.
Do you not think that those black people who wrote it would be pleased to hear it sung by 80,000 people a 150 odd years later?

Do you think they are singing it to abuse black people?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 12:28 - Jun 19 with 4824 viewssherpajacob

RFU have asked the fans to sing an alternative song

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 13:35 - Jun 19 with 4788 viewsHighjack

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 09:46 - Jun 19 by Best_loser

Great song

I think cotton eyed joe was originally too.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2020 13:40]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 13:41 - Jun 19 with 4775 viewsFieryJack

It's all explained here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51646140?xtor=AL-72-%5Bpartner%5D-%5Bbbc.n
You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 15:20 - Jun 19 with 4732 viewssherpajacob

You can stick your f#*king chariots.... on 13:41 - Jun 19 by FieryJack

It's all explained here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51646140?xtor=AL-72-%5Bpartner%5D-%5Bbbc.n

I believe that's only part of the story.

An alternative take; As you can see Rosslyn park are playing harlequins in that clip and during the game Offiah and Andrew Harriman (the great quins speedster) collided, at which point the crowd starting singing swing low to the sight of 2 black men on the floor.

it wasn't sung at Twickenham again until the last game of the following years 5 nations, when Chris oti scored a hat trick and the crowd sang it because he was …?

it has been a staple of club houses for a long time before that, mainly due to the accompanying actions, but not sung at international matches.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024