Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread THE AFTERMATH 21:09 - Feb 28 with 15385 viewsNotLoyal

It’s another exciting encounter in the EFL Championship, and it’s very exciting too. Here is the Matchday thread for this exciting game, it’s really interesting.

EFL Championship
Stripey Hoof Stadium
Wednesday March 3rd 2021
Kick off 8.15pm

Match Officials
DAVID WEBB
Ian Cooper and Daniel Leach
Fourth Official : Marc Edwards

TELEVISION

This game will be shown LIVE on SKY SPORTS football

The Graeme Potters and the Super Swans face off again in ( C’mon ) Stoke. Not the best of hunting grounds for the swans over the years and especially after recent results, there are easier places to go. Like Canterbury for instance, the cathedral there allows access to get some lovely graveside rubbings done. On the plus side during Cooper’s last post match press gathering he had the look of a man who had already had his face rubbed with a rubby thing or whatever they use to do these things.

History
Stoke City v Swansea City

Games won: 30. Stoke City are in the ascendancy here
Games drawn: 21. Neither side has drawn more than the other
Games lost: 24. Or should we say games won by Swansea

There are other considerable and memorable moments in history, not necessarily related to this fixture, just in history itself. The Chinese are allegedly the First Nation to invent the grape, that was around 7000 years BC ( Before Cooper ) although that would be 9,000 years BC ? In any event photographs from back then show grapes being sold in markets and fermented in to wine. It is now known by crossing a very small balloon and a drop of water the grape is made. Cleaver folk the Chinese. That may lead me on to who invented the balloon, but not in this particular thread.

A picture of the first grapes discovered by Chinese people way back before TV and motorised teeth

Incredible when you think that at no time have they featured on a takeaway menu. I’ll mention it next time I’m down my local takeaway the ‘Thai Tanic’ although it’s more favourable the guys who run ‘Chipsy Kings’ will be more responsive. My favourite takeaway in my neck of the woods is ‘For cod and for Ulcer’ over in the red, white and blue part of town. Great battered sausages. Although I’m a vegan, if I wasn’t they would be on my menu, but they aren’t. If it had a face and you eat it you are a part of the problem, not the solution, especially for pigs.

A pig yesterday

Stoke City Facts
Stoke City have had to put up with several rugby references over the years, so much so the football league now allow them to run whilst carrying the ball.

A Stoke player in action in the past, see how he glides with the ball in one hand ?

Pre-match trivia

Stoke are unbeaten in their last nine home league games against Swansea (W7 D2), winning each of their last four in a row.

Swansea last completed a league double over Stoke back in 2000-01 in the third tier.

Stoke have lost their last two games in the Championship, while they have only lost three in a row in the competition once previously under Michael O’Neill (in December 2019).

Swansea have suffered defeats in two of their last three Championship games (W1), as many defeats as they had in their previous 17 league games combined.

Both of Stoke boss Michael O’Neill’s previous Championship games against Swansea have ended 2-0, with Stoke winning one and losing the other. Their 2-0 victory did come in this exact fixture last season, however.

Match Report

Stoke City 1 Swansea City 2 : Persistence, Desire, Energy and all in the last twenty minutes ! 3rd Mar 2021 23:32
It was exasperating at times, but the swans really did grind out a terrific win in the potteries after a late penalty secured the three points for Cooper’s army. After such a deflating run of games and conceding seven goals in the last two games the swans are three points closer to securing a play off spot with second place in their sights. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 21:37 - Feb 28 with 3921 viewsbuilthjack

Let's hope we go for it.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 22:07 - Feb 28 with 3911 viewsraynor94

We rarely ever get anything there

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 22:31 - Feb 28 with 3900 viewsFireboy2

I've absolutely no confidence in getting anything at stoke because i don't think that cooper will not change his ways.

I do hope and pray that I am proved wrong.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 23:38 - Feb 28 with 3846 viewsmax936

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 22:31 - Feb 28 by Fireboy2

I've absolutely no confidence in getting anything at stoke because i don't think that cooper will not change his ways.

I'm not hopeful either, could be a bad week, with Warnocks Boro to come on Saturday as well, hopefully we'll see a few changes to freshen things up, but then again......

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 13:37 - Mar 1 with 3679 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 22:31 - Feb 28 by Fireboy2

There is more chance of you joining the Conservative and Unionist Party.

You might as well apply to join your local Polo club.

Cooper has been found out. He is abject.He is killing the players talent. He is utterly unable to change tactics to suit a game and his inspirational qualities are there to be seen;zero.

What he needs to do,if he had the guts ,is to give Hamer a chance and let's ee if he cannot increase the tempo of the side instead of slowing us down every time we need to up the game. Woody looks like he is wasting time from 10 mins in. Unbelievable .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 14:26 - Mar 1 with 3670 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 13:37 - Mar 1 by onehunglow

There is more chance of you joining the Conservative and Unionist Party.

You might as well apply to join your local Polo club.

Cooper has been found out. He is abject.He is killing the players talent. He is utterly unable to change tactics to suit a game and his inspirational qualities are there to be seen;zero.

What he needs to do,if he had the guts ,is to give Hamer a chance and let's ee if he cannot increase the tempo of the side instead of slowing us down every time we need to up the game. Woody looks like he is wasting time from 10 mins in. Unbelievable .

If Cooper has been found out why did Bristol City get run ragged for 45 mins on Saturday?
If he had been found out Pearson with all his experience would have gone 4-5-1 or 4-3-3 depending on who is talking form the off...not wait utnil half time to change it.

Why on Saturday did he need to change tactics when we were on top?
Was it Cooper who missed golden chances in front of goal?
How many chances did the team create ? This team of players who Cooper has assembled and now killed of their talent?
Ok we were not so dominant in the second half so how do yo know he wasnt contemplating a change?
We then went one up.....so why change then?
Tell me was it Cooper who put his foot onthe ball then passed backwards and sideways slowing the game down instead of pinging the ball to Roberts who was in space in an advanced position?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 14:45 - Mar 1 with 3645 viewsonehunglow

The love for Steve is now perverse.
I dont remember any previou manager having this love;not even Laudrup and Brenda.It is sick,stupid and dangerous as we will be rudely awoken soon.Don't be too upset when it happens .

Why is Woody still so slow

Why does Steve still elect negativitu.

Why is his team beaten by teams who are in a very bad run of form.

Off ya go...

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 15:13 - Mar 1 with 3639 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 14:45 - Mar 1 by onehunglow

I dont remember any previou manager having this love;not even Laudrup and Brenda.It is sick,stupid and dangerous as we will be rudely awoken soon.Don't be too upset when it happens .

Off ya go...

This is not a Cooper love in I just like to stick to facts and data

Im sure the CPS must have cringed having to put you in the box,

I try to speak with data...I cam here to challenge this myth that Pearson outhought Cooper

I presented my reasoned arguement with some data..not emotion, I was not discussing our goal keeper who was at fault for the third goal and possibly the second...even though he was crowded out.

People can be too blind to see. I see that the expert form Aberdare has returned...We all want attarctive football as per the 45 mins we saw first half on Saturday...and there were glimpses aginst Forest and Coventry. HE is right Monk 's destruction of our footballing phiosphy led to our downfall....who appointed MOnk? His fave HJ

I have stated this several times we as fans measure the manager on performance/attractive football and then results. The people who call the tune who Cooper is answerable to for his pay may demand results first to get us promoted...there fore he is trying to balance the two but he is measured by his bisses on the results...

Again your counter to my post state Coopers teams are being beaten by teams in bad run of form....hadnt Bristol City come to us having jujst beaten Boro away 1-3?.....Yes prior to that they had been woeful...as a result thier manager was sacked and surprisingly they have an upturn in form with the appointment of a new manager!

I will criticise Cooper as I do not think the balance of our midfield is right with both Grimes and Houihane starting.
I do wonder why he is so adamant to stick with his starting 11...I have offered counsel /opinion on this in the past...all do to with him having to work to a playing budget

My issue is there are people here who are quick to attack Cooper for who he is the fact he isnt a "fashionable" manager....always stating he is a "negative" manager but as I keep saying people need to watch highlights again after games and see some of the positive football we try to play. YEs he looks to protect a lead becasue I suspect his bosses have given him a target to get us back up before the parachute payments end...ie this season.

Login to get fewer ads

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 15:41 - Mar 1 with 3613 viewsangryjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 15:13 - Mar 1 by vetchonian

This is not a Cooper love in I just like to stick to facts and data

Im sure the CPS must have cringed having to put you in the box,

I try to speak with data...I cam here to challenge this myth that Pearson outhought Cooper

I presented my reasoned arguement with some data..not emotion, I was not discussing our goal keeper who was at fault for the third goal and possibly the second...even though he was crowded out.

People can be too blind to see. I see that the expert form Aberdare has returned...We all want attarctive football as per the 45 mins we saw first half on Saturday...and there were glimpses aginst Forest and Coventry. HE is right Monk 's destruction of our footballing phiosphy led to our downfall....who appointed MOnk? His fave HJ

I have stated this several times we as fans measure the manager on performance/attractive football and then results. The people who call the tune who Cooper is answerable to for his pay may demand results first to get us promoted...there fore he is trying to balance the two but he is measured by his bisses on the results...

Again your counter to my post state Coopers teams are being beaten by teams in bad run of form....hadnt Bristol City come to us having jujst beaten Boro away 1-3?.....Yes prior to that they had been woeful...as a result thier manager was sacked and surprisingly they have an upturn in form with the appointment of a new manager!

I will criticise Cooper as I do not think the balance of our midfield is right with both Grimes and Houihane starting.
I do wonder why he is so adamant to stick with his starting 11...I have offered counsel /opinion on this in the past...all do to with him having to work to a playing budget

My issue is there are people here who are quick to attack Cooper for who he is the fact he isnt a "fashionable" manager....always stating he is a "negative" manager but as I keep saying people need to watch highlights again after games and see some of the positive football we try to play. YEs he looks to protect a lead becasue I suspect his bosses have given him a target to get us back up before the parachute payments end...ie this season.

I'm not saying Pearson outthought cooper but what I will say it has happened a few times this season that when teams are losing it possesion wise or score wise the opposition managers have tried to change things to get back in game..don't aslwayswork but try to find a solution..with cooper he carries on one way one system when ast times it needs changing to counteract things...that's my gripe with him..I have seen where the problem is on times when teams get the better.its frustrating he won't change things to try or put things rite he reacts when its too late like Huddersfield threw all sub's on same time looking for answers instead of seek g where we was losing it and trying change things
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 16:18 - Mar 1 with 3594 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 15:41 - Mar 1 by angryjack

I'm not saying Pearson outthought cooper but what I will say it has happened a few times this season that when teams are losing it possesion wise or score wise the opposition managers have tried to change things to get back in game..don't aslwayswork but try to find a solution..with cooper he carries on one way one system when ast times it needs changing to counteract things...that's my gripe with him..I have seen where the problem is on times when teams get the better.its frustrating he won't change things to try or put things rite he reacts when its too late like Huddersfield threw all sub's on same time looking for answers instead of seek g where we was losing it and trying change things

There is some truth to that...the sign of a good manager is knowing what to do when things are going wrong......thankfully fo us it hant happened too much this season.

Again my points in this thread were against the argument that PEarson outthought Cooper.. which was actually not the case....whilst the change PEarson made restricted our attacking it did not prevent us getting the lead only for player error to deny us a win!

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 17:07 - Mar 1 with 3571 viewsChief

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 14:45 - Mar 1 by onehunglow

Off ya go...

Parody post.

Why is it perverse to respect the achievements of our manager whos got to within touching distance of promotion and we're into March?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 17:28 - Mar 1 with 3560 viewsSwans9

Hopefully the Swans will win Wednesday and Brentford lose to Norwich.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 18:47 - Mar 1 with 3516 viewsBadlands

Off ya go...

Monk lovers still think he should be in charge.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 19:36 - Mar 1 with 3491 viewsvetchonian

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 18:47 - Mar 1 by Badlands

Monk lovers still think he should be in charge.

As do the Lahdrup lovers....but those two are no longer here and Cooper is....he is not Pep,Klopp but has us in touching distance of automatic promotion....some of which has been achieved through attrition but we have also played some attractive football at times....check out the highlights afain from Saturday even when the "inept" Cooper made his so called defensive substitution of Fulton we still played some fast attacking football when at 1-1. Problem is because we are not matching the levek of football that we sawcin those golden years which was the result of a few years of building a side with a core which had been around since Flynns time,then Jackett and Martinez....with some continental flair brought in. Martinez launched his football revolution whikst we were in league 1 im not so sure he would have been so succesful with introducing that style whilst in the very competitve Championship....he finished 8th that season....Cooper got us to the play offs in his first seasin with a "new" team....this season has had us in or around the automatic spots...i keep saying this i suspect those who employ him have targeted him with promotion....so to do so he is doing what he can to get results if he gets attractive performances thats a bonus.Of course we fans see it differently and therecare many who cant wait to crticise..we are all entitled to an opinion but sometimes the arguements are blinded by our desire for thise halcyon days. Saturday a case in point..where the Cooper knockers latched onto the Pearson outsmarting headline....even though when it is analysed it can be seen to not strictly true..though Pearson s tactical switch did stop us running riot it didnt stop us going ahead

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 21:03 - Mar 1 with 3459 viewsGaryjack

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : The build up on 22:07 - Feb 28 by raynor94

We rarely ever get anything there

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 01:30 - Mar 2 with 3362 viewsNotLoyal

I'll take a point now.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 07:06 - Mar 2 with 3337 viewsAndyCole

Our Spine has creaked and cracked a bit without Bennett. Woodman flaps more and Grimes is more cautious knowing he’s often our most defensive senior player. Our air of calm, controlled defence has waned in his and Naughton’s absence.

We therefore need Smith and his streetwise nous and Fulton to restore confidence(and support Ayew).

Re Cooper - for some of the usual suspects he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't - even when he selects the same team and makes the same subs as they demand. Cue irrational twpness........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 09:50 - Mar 2 with 3291 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : MONDAY MONDAY ! on 07:06 - Mar 2 by AndyCole

Our Spine has creaked and cracked a bit without Bennett. Woodman flaps more and Grimes is more cautious knowing he’s often our most defensive senior player. Our air of calm, controlled defence has waned in his and Naughton’s absence.

We therefore need Smith and his streetwise nous and Fulton to restore confidence(and support Ayew).

Re Cooper - for some of the usual suspects he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't - even when he selects the same team and makes the same subs as they demand. Cue irrational twpness........

No AC ,it is what we are seeing.
A team that is slow in thought and deed not being motivated by the manager who stands motionless on the touchline.This is not an illusion.

My comments are as valid as anyone elses and about as useful. We simply confine this to this forum and that' s fine so let's kill, right ,now any thought that it upsets,affects or has any effect on the team or club ,come to that. Cooper,with his comment about tiredness proves the point he really does only care about Steve and Steve alone.

The pitiful love for Cooper is embarrassing and I really feel for the players as they are clearly being hung out to dry.

There will again be a mass clear out come end of season and another posse of loans/kids/ brought in to somehow get it all together.
We have no long term plan to get back to the Prem,no matter the owners say .This years we are lucky to be in the putative candidates to go up.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 12:27 - Mar 2 with 3229 viewsKGriz16

We'll steam roll them. Big performance from the boys after a disappointing week. 45 minutes of poor football against Bristol and everyone is panicking again. Easy win. 3-0. Lowe back among the goals.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 12:56 - Mar 2 with 3208 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 12:27 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

We'll steam roll them. Big performance from the boys after a disappointing week. 45 minutes of poor football against Bristol and everyone is panicking again. Easy win. 3-0. Lowe back among the goals.

I ll smoke some of that which you re on.

As long as Mr Misunderstand Mc Clean doesnt bury us I ll be content.

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 14:02 - Mar 2 with 3176 viewsKeithHaynes

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 12:27 - Mar 2 by KGriz16

That’s the expectation, I’m hoping for more 😉

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 14:06 - Mar 2 with 3164 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 14:02 - Mar 2 by KeithHaynes

That’s the expectation, I’m hoping for more 😉

Im hoping for the second coming of the Lord

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 15:23 - Mar 2 with 3133 views34dfgdf54

Not quite that though, the two games previous were awful.

But yeah, can't fault the optimism, completely depends on team we pick, if we freshen it up we got a chance but go with same team as Saturday we'll get rolled over in my opinion.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 15:24 - Mar 2 with 3131 viewspencoedjack

I'm not quite as optimistic but I'm going for a 2 1 Swans win.

Norwich to beat Brentford & Watford to beat Wycombe.

A point behind 2nd place with 2 games in hand by the end of Wednesday.
Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 16:56 - Mar 2 with 3093 viewsonehunglow

Stoke City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : THE EVE OF THE GAME on 15:23 - Mar 2 by 34dfgdf54

Not quite that though, the two games previous were awful.

But yeah, can't fault the optimism, completely depends on team we pick, if we freshen it up we got a chance but go with same team as Saturday we'll get rolled over in my opinion.

It's not optimisml,it's internet drivel.No fans is enjoying us right now.All are concerned/worried/pyssed off.Those that arent can simply fade away.
You can,as a fan,be as optmistic/poitive a you like .but it is the player and managers that do the job we'd all love.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024