Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? 15:10 - Mar 11 with 2164 viewsbuilthjack

I enjoyed Liverpool

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:17 - Mar 11 with 1064 viewsLohengrin

A couple of nights in York and Whitby are nice if you get the weather and fancy a drive.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:29 - Mar 11 with 1048 viewsProfessor

Plenty to do and relatively cheap.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:33 - Mar 11 with 1035 viewsonehunglow

Liverpool is up there with the most popular cities mainly as it is a party city. Not so good for those who like a quiet night out .I can be bedlam but most are very happy to be in a great city which is much maligned. It has been regenerated and much more is still being undertaken and it needs to given the state the city was in during the rein of Derek Hatton and the Militant tendency.
Scousers are either the bet you'll ever meet or the worst.When bad they are loud,gobby,shallow,defensive ,aggressive and hard to reason with. Whe good,it' like being on stage as they all seem to want to act,sing or play or tell jokes.It can be hard going.

On the other hand, go there with an open mind and respect for the people and you won't find many better cities to visit.

The new Cruise Terminal will bring in thousands more too..Personally, my favourite is Newcastle upon Tyne-the craziest ,friendliest folk you could meet.

York is lovely too,but full of visitors.

Lincoln probably a better choice and also like Worcester

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:49 - Mar 11 with 1037 viewscontroversial_jack

Liverpool and Newcastle for a piss up. I quite fancy Edinburgh, there's a lot of history there.

I'm more for City breaks abroad, Prague, Krakow, Budapest etc. Better value for money
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:51 - Mar 11 with 1034 viewsScotia

Brighton. I love the place.

It's not for everyone, but if you're open minded it's awesome. Hotels aren't cheap but I make an annual visit.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:59 - Mar 11 with 1022 viewsCatullus

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:17 - Mar 11 by Lohengrin

A couple of nights in York and Whitby are nice if you get the weather and fancy a drive.

I loved York, been twice.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 16:05 - Mar 11 with 1019 viewsbritferry

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:51 - Mar 11 by Scotia

Brighton. I love the place.

It's not for everyone, but if you're open minded it's awesome. Hotels aren't cheap but I make an annual visit.

have you been to the famous alley way ???

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 16:05 - Mar 11 with 1019 viewsbuilthjack

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:49 - Mar 11 by controversial_jack

Liverpool and Newcastle for a piss up. I quite fancy Edinburgh, there's a lot of history there.

I'm more for City breaks abroad, Prague, Krakow, Budapest etc. Better value for money

All of those 3 great places. So much to see and do.
Hopefully having a beery few days in Prague to watch Wales in October, with the Fireboy.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 16:08 - Mar 11 with 1017 viewsScotia

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 16:05 - Mar 11 by britferry

have you been to the famous alley way ???

I have indeed. You can't miss it nowadays, there's a queue of kids in parkas waiting for a selfie.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 16:29 - Mar 11 with 1013 views9MilesHigh

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 15:33 - Mar 11 by onehunglow

Liverpool is up there with the most popular cities mainly as it is a party city. Not so good for those who like a quiet night out .I can be bedlam but most are very happy to be in a great city which is much maligned. It has been regenerated and much more is still being undertaken and it needs to given the state the city was in during the rein of Derek Hatton and the Militant tendency.
Scousers are either the bet you'll ever meet or the worst.When bad they are loud,gobby,shallow,defensive ,aggressive and hard to reason with. Whe good,it' like being on stage as they all seem to want to act,sing or play or tell jokes.It can be hard going.

On the other hand, go there with an open mind and respect for the people and you won't find many better cities to visit.

The new Cruise Terminal will bring in thousands more too..Personally, my favourite is Newcastle upon Tyne-the craziest ,friendliest folk you could meet.

York is lovely too,but full of visitors.

Lincoln probably a better choice and also like Worcester

Go there with an open mind you say?? And you spout that crap about Hatton and Militant after Thatcher tried to wipe Liverpool off the map?

You can't have ever fitted in up there, Rich, no chance. The people up there have been vilified and slaughtered for years and why? Because they're Scousers not English.

And it's seemingly only scousers are this....

"loud,gobby,shallow,defensive ,aggressive and hard to reason with"?

Dear God.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 17:46 - Mar 11 with 979 viewspencoedjack

Not a city break but I love Dartmouth with Mrs PJ

If it’s a boys trip has to be Newcastle
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 17:51 - Mar 11 with 974 viewsonehunglow

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 16:29 - Mar 11 by 9MilesHigh

Go there with an open mind you say?? And you spout that crap about Hatton and Militant after Thatcher tried to wipe Liverpool off the map?

You can't have ever fitted in up there, Rich, no chance. The people up there have been vilified and slaughtered for years and why? Because they're Scousers not English.

And it's seemingly only scousers are this....

"loud,gobby,shallow,defensive ,aggressive and hard to reason with"?

Dear God.

Hello Chris. Look at like this.

I’ve now been here 45 years this month.

In that time,I have worked,fought,loved amongst them I say them as matters Wirral are different .

Also bear in mind that what I post often has an ancillary motive which many miss ,as you are now.

Hatton brought Liverpool to its knees.Thatcher was his meal ticket ,trust me.

If we meet up again,I ll leave wifey at home and we can really have a good chat . I hope it comes off .Inhooe I’m alive when the chance comes.

Anyway, good to see you posting here and don’t hold back will ya

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 19:03 - Mar 11 with 963 viewsshingle

Edinburgh, Belfast, and York.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 19:17 - Mar 11 with 956 viewsexhmrc1

Bath and Worcester. Also London.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 950 viewsTenbySwan

Glasgow, Birmingham, Brighton, Manchester, Durham, Bradford. Cambridge, Stratford upon Avon, Blackpool.

Depends what you are looking for really.

And yes York, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 20:04 - Mar 11 with 936 viewsNortbankboy

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 19:26 - Mar 11 by TenbySwan

Glasgow, Birmingham, Brighton, Manchester, Durham, Bradford. Cambridge, Stratford upon Avon, Blackpool.

Depends what you are looking for really.

And yes York, Edinburgh, Liverpool, London

Glasgow is a good night out
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 20:12 - Mar 11 with 930 viewsFireboy2

London and Edinburgh with the family for the sights.

Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle, and Lancaster for a p!ss up with the boys.

Would love to try Belfast, Glasgow and Birmingham as I've been told that are good places to go with the boys.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 20:56 - Mar 11 with 905 viewsKilkennyjack

Derry

Beware of the Risen People

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 21:04 - Mar 11 with 912 viewspencoedjack

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 20:12 - Mar 11 by Fireboy2

Would love to try Belfast, Glasgow and Birmingham as I've been told that are good places to go with the boys.

Stayed in Belfast twice, both times when Wales were playing in Dublin.

Cracking weekends 👍

Glasgow on trips to watch Rangers .... not as impressive as Edinburgh
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 21:55 - Mar 11 with 895 viewsScotia

London is easily the best city in the world.

Nowhere else compares. I'll be honest, I didn't even think of there.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 21:57 - Mar 11 with 894 viewsFireboy2

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 21:04 - Mar 11 by pencoedjack

Stayed in Belfast twice, both times when Wales were playing in Dublin.

Cracking weekends 👍

Glasgow on trips to watch Rangers .... not as impressive as Edinburgh

I work with a norn irn girl and she says that Belfast is brilliant, hopefully i will get there soon
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 22:39 - Mar 11 with 867 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Spent 5 nights in Newcastle a few years ago in the springtime. Wonderful trip, Durham for a day also Holy island/Lindisfarne. Warm friendly people and fortunate with the weather. It helped that we won 3 - 2.

London has everything though.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 23:48 - Mar 11 with 843 viewsonehunglow

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 22:39 - Mar 11 by Joe_bradshaw

Spent 5 nights in Newcastle a few years ago in the springtime. Wonderful trip, Durham for a day also Holy island/Lindisfarne. Warm friendly people and fortunate with the weather. It helped that we won 3 - 2.

London has everything though.

That bloody causeway. It caught us out.

Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 00:08 - Mar 12 with 841 viewsGlossolalia

Old market towns are my bag. Nice for an amorous weekend away. Sherborne is delightful, Frome nice too. Hereford not bad either. Salisbury and the area around great. And Bath. Best cigar shop and bookshop there.

As for cities, Birmingham and Leeds were fun. Wanna do Liverpool, Newcastle and Edinburgh soon.
Best place to visit for a City break in the UK ? on 00:16 - Mar 12 with 837 viewscontroversial_jack

I wasn't keen on Manchester as it seemed too spread out. Leeds gives the impression of being a bit rough - it's probably ok. London, just too big.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024