Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? 22:51 - Apr 24 with 763 viewsKeithHaynes

Winner, someone who can make the difference, or just someone going through the motions ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 00:12 - Apr 25 with 740 viewsjack_lord

I'm going to touch a nerve for many. I would have smith and fulton in the middle with him and drop Grimes for the games ahead. Purely because he has the ability to score and the other two win the ball.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 00:14 - Apr 25 with 738 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 00:12 - Apr 25 by jack_lord

I'm going to touch a nerve for many. I would have smith and fulton in the middle with him and drop Grimes for the games ahead. Purely because he has the ability to score and the other two win the ball.

I’d be happy to see that being given a try

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 00:19 - Apr 25 with 735 viewsmax936

I'm sorry he ever came here. J
[Post edited 25 Apr 2021 0:20]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:01 - Apr 25 with 678 viewsWhiterockin

Overhyped.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:15 - Apr 25 with 663 viewsnantywatcher

I'd lock him in the toilet for a couple of hours
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:55 - Apr 25 with 612 viewsDr_Winston

A proven, creative attacking player who Cooper can't get a tune out of. Not the first, hopefully the last.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:58 - Apr 25 with 608 viewsWhiterockin

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:55 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

A proven, creative attacking player who Cooper can't get a tune out of. Not the first, hopefully the last.

Who if you believe the hype should be running our midfield and controlling games, not hiding.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 09:35 - Apr 25 with 575 viewsDr_Winston

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:58 - Apr 25 by Whiterockin

Who if you believe the hype should be running our midfield and controlling games, not hiding.

I'm just saying that a team that seems to spend most of its time on the back foot knocking balls into channels for forwards to chase perhaps may not be the best environment for Hourihane to shine. Seems to be the case that a lot of the blame for that is falling at his feet. Some of it perhaps justified, but certainly not all.

He's got a tremendous record in this division with more than one club. If a player succeeds elsewhere but struggles when Cooper gets hold of him then my first instinct isn't to assume that the player is the problem. Same sort of thing with Monk and Gomis. Bafe scored shitloads of goals everywhere he played. Except here. Under Monk.

And I'm not a fan of the "hiding" stuff. No player hides on the pitch. Fulton used to get accused of it regularly.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 10:21 - Apr 25 with 537 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 08:55 - Apr 25 by Dr_Winston

See Celina who had a fine season under Potter and was at that time worth more than we paid.

A couple of Alsatians would be useful signings for Cooper. They’ll chase balls into the channels all day.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 10:47 - Apr 25 with 519 viewsYrAlarch

His defending against the second Wycombe goal was pathetic. He seemed to give up as the attacker ran across him. There has to be more to his game for him to improve as a player than his ability with the dead ball.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 10:51 - Apr 25 with 511 viewsKeithHaynes

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 10:47 - Apr 25 by YrAlarch

His defending against the second Wycombe goal was pathetic. He seemed to give up as the attacker ran across him. There has to be more to his game for him to improve as a player than his ability with the dead ball.

For me he has been doing it since he came here, his initial goals overshadowed his other inabilities. Defensively he may as well not be there.

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:37 - Apr 25 with 491 viewsThornburyswan

One of those luxury players who can & will win you some games with his goals but will disappear for long periods & not one for a battle.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:39 - Apr 25 with 487 viewsKeithHaynes

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:37 - Apr 25 by Thornburyswan

One of those luxury players who can & will win you some games with his goals but will disappear for long periods & not one for a battle.

We will see today.

Edit
There was a whisper Cooper had talks with Hourihane about today, leadership, energy, the usual stuff. Looks like he has a chance to prove himself.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:41 - Apr 25 with 480 viewsjack_lord

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:39 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

We will see today.

Edit
There was a whisper Cooper had talks with Hourihane about today, leadership, energy, the usual stuff. Looks like he has a chance to prove himself.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Problem is he has Grimes alongside him and those two luxuries do not work in our formation against hard physical Championship sides.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:50 - Apr 25 with 465 viewsCatullus

That makes more sense to me than him AND Grimes. Grimes will have to pick up workload and so maybe lose creativity. Hourihane hides when games get tough though.

I read a report by a Brum journo, it was about Hourihanes future and he said that opinion was Hourihane hid during tough games, his talent is not in doubt, his heart is.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:59 - Apr 25 with 457 viewsKeithHaynes

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:50 - Apr 25 by Catullus

That makes more sense to me than him AND Grimes. Grimes will have to pick up workload and so maybe lose creativity. Hourihane hides when games get tough though.

I read a report by a Brum journo, it was about Hourihanes future and he said that opinion was Hourihane hid during tough games, his talent is not in doubt, his heart is.

A bit odd Manning isn’t in the squad, must be injured.

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 12:47 - Apr 25 with 441 viewsThornburyswan

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 11:50 - Apr 25 by Catullus

Almost a Championship level Mesut Ozick if you like.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 12:53 - Apr 25 with 435 viewspencoedjack

This could turn interesting post match.

I’m not in the hate group but he has been awful today, I can forgive a player for having a poor game but it looks like he’s not even trying.

Unforgivable
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 411 viewsmonmouth

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 12:53 - Apr 25 by pencoedjack

This could turn interesting post match.

I’m not in the hate group but he has been awful today, I can forgive a player for having a poor game but it looks like he’s not even trying.

Unforgivable

He couldn’t give a shit. Needs to be replaced at half time. His only point is dead balls and he’s playing those short.

Obviously there’ll be no changes until 75th minute.

#Fraud out.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 15:02 - Apr 25 with 351 viewsKeithHaynes

Maybe he does things only others can see, mystically almost magical ?

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 15:20 - Apr 25 with 339 viewsWhiterockin

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 15:02 - Apr 25 by KeithHaynes

Maybe he does things only others can see, mystically almost magical ?

He did play the pass of the day though, that through ball really was magical, just a shame it wasn't to one of our players.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 18:01 - Apr 25 with 297 viewsYrAlarch

The commentary team on Radio Wales were not impressed with him either.
Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 18:06 - Apr 25 with 291 viewsonehunglow

Pre Reading, your thoughts on Hourihane ? on 18:01 - Apr 25 by YrAlarch

The commentary team on Radio Wales were not impressed with him either.

I mean how dare they ,the barsuds

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024