Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : THE HORRIBLE TRUTH 14:23 - Apr 18 with 13234 viewsNotLoyal

Its the win or the play offs for the swans. Win and they still have a chance of automatic promotion, albeit slim. Lose or draw and they enter a play off tournament as the least likely to go through ( Because the swans will get three points against Wayne Rooney’s Derby County )

Swansea City v QPR
Liberty Stadium
Tuesday April 20th
Kick off 7pm

Match Officials
JARRED GILLETT
Paul Hodskinson and Graham Kane
Fourth Official: John Brooks

The Matchday referee isn’t Gerard Houllier

Is it ont tut tele ?
Yes, it’s on SKY Sports red button & on Swans TV Live

Will the swans win this game ?
The easy answer is probably not, it’s more likely to be a draw. Or even a loss. However there would be no surprise in a 5-0 win or a 5-0 loss. Steve is going to start with a 6/3/1 with Conner Roberts up front and Ayew’s good leg at right back. Expect transformational football, misplaced passes, and generally a frustrating time all round as the minutes fly by. The non negotiables wont be negotiated and there will be times as the game proceeds that Coops will say “ I don’t like us” But by Wednesday they will be “Back on the grass” which is probably the reason why the swans looked smashed off their boxes on Saturday against Wycombe.

The non negotiable ‘ Let’s get back on the grass’ post match comment

Match day programme free
https://issuu.com/swanseacityafc/docs/swans-20-21-qpr-programme-digitial-v01

Swansea City v QPR :The game which will tell us everything about automatic promotion 20th Apr 2021 09:42
It’s down to the last four games, and tonight is the first of that run in. The swans have QPR and Derby at home and Reading and Watford away. They have to win them all, no more slacking, wandering around aimlessly or failing to execute basic passing moves. This is it, draw or lose and it’s over for the swans and any hope of automatic promotion. Win and it could leave a chink of light shining through a nearly closed curtain. 0

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain); Connor Roberts, Wayne Routledge, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Conor Hourihane, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Ben Cabango.

Queens Park Rangers: Joe Lumley, Rob Dickie, Yoann Barbet (captain), Lyndon Dykes, Ilias Chair, Dominic Ball, Stefan Johansen, George Thomas, Chris Willock, Osman Kakay, Niko Hamalainen.

Substitutes: Joe Walsh, Todd Kane, Macauley Bonne, Sam Field, Faysal Bettache, Albert Adomah, Stephen Duke-McKenna, Charlie Austin.

Swans lose at home again : The harsh truth for Steve Cooper 21st Apr 2021 00:33
Frustrated Swansea City fans watched a nonplussed and wretched performance by Steve Cooper’s swans at the Liberty on Tuesday. So much so, even the most ardent of Cooper admirers were beginning to think this was some sort of sick joke as his players started in a defensive formation against a QPR side who had no reason or need to win, lose or draw this game. 0

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

No subject on 14:25 - Apr 18 with 3910 viewsonehunglow

Christmas Time

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 14:27 - Apr 18 with 3858 viewsbuilthjack

Ice cream time

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 14:38 - Apr 18 with 3902 viewsThornburyswan

If we lose this one & Reading win at Luton 7th spot & no play-offs could still happen.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 14:45 - Apr 18 with 3880 viewsKeithHaynes

Fog on the Tyne ?

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 15:09 - Apr 18 with 3861 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 14:45 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

Fog on the Tyne ?

Crocodile shoes...which, given some of ur performances, we may have been wearing instead of boots.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 15:11 - Apr 18 with 3856 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 15:09 - Apr 18 by Catullus

Crocodile shoes...which, given some of ur performances, we may have been wearing instead of boots.

I think you ‘nailed’ it.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 3842 viewsCatullus

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 15:11 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

I think you ‘nailed’ it.

Ain't no doubt.

Now, Mr Cooper, can we please try to be more positive. I'm not asking for a miracle I just want us to try harder, to look forwards instead of sideways and backwards, to try and break the defensive line with some through balls and maybe Cullen and Whittaker on who will chase them.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 18:35 - Apr 18 with 3739 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 14:45 - Apr 18 by KeithHaynes

Fog on the Tyne ?

Meet me on the corner

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 12:24 - Apr 19 with 3568 viewsAndyCole

Momentum was regained at the new Den (just like last year's run-in) and reignited in our comeback on Saturday - drawing upon our inner belief and bouncebackability as we always have under Cooper's stewardship.

QPR could well be the entertaining spectacle it so often is, with two footballing teams going for it. We will no doubt be boxing clever as we did in our 2-0 away win the day after xmas.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 13:48 - Apr 19 with 3532 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 12:24 - Apr 19 by AndyCole

Momentum was regained at the new Den (just like last year's run-in) and reignited in our comeback on Saturday - drawing upon our inner belief and bouncebackability as we always have under Cooper's stewardship.

QPR could well be the entertaining spectacle it so often is, with two footballing teams going for it. We will no doubt be boxing clever as we did in our 2-0 away win the day after xmas.

Are you full of Welshness Andy?

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 17:02 - Apr 19 with 3462 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 13:48 - Apr 19 by onehunglow

Are you full of Welshness Andy?

I have never heard it called that before.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 17:21 - Apr 19 with 3448 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 17:02 - Apr 19 by A_Fans_Dad

I have never heard it called that before.

its rather like plumsiousness

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 19:42 - Apr 19 with 3404 viewsBoundy

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 18:35 - Apr 18 by onehunglow

Meet me on the corner

Only if you show me a clear white light

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 19:56 - Apr 19 with 3381 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 19:42 - Apr 19 by Boundy

Great stuff

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : Tuesday on 11:25 - Apr 20 with 3122 views34dfgdf54

Tough game this one imo.

Charlie Austin back after a 3 game ban. Decent side QPR who play some good stuff.

Heart says 2-0
Head says 1-1
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 11:47 - Apr 20 with 3107 viewstheloneranger

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread on 19:42 - Apr 19 by Boundy

Then ... "We can swing together" 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : Tuesday on 15:27 - Apr 20 with 2943 viewsbuilthjack

Lets just go for it

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : Tuesday on 16:02 - Apr 20 with 2983 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : Tuesday on 11:25 - Apr 20 by 34dfgdf54

Tough game this one imo.

Charlie Austin back after a 3 game ban. Decent side QPR who play some good stuff.

Heart says 2-0
Head says 1-1

bad news

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : Tuesday on 17:00 - Apr 20 with 2950 viewsmax936

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : Tuesday on 11:25 - Apr 20 by 34dfgdf54

Tough game this one imo.

Heart says 2-0
Head says 1-1

Hope its not 1-1, we need to win this and cooper does.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 17:01]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 17:59 - Apr 20 with 2874 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v QPR :The game which will tell us everything about automatic promotion 20th Apr 2021 09:42
It’s down to the last four games, and tonight is the first of that run in. The swans have QPR and Derby at home and Reading and Watford away. They have to win them all, no more slacking, wandering around aimlessly or failing to execute basic passing moves. This is it, draw or lose and it’s over for the swans and any hope of automatic promotion. Win and it could leave a chink of light shining through a nearly closed curtain. 0

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman; Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Jake Bidwell; Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Matt Grimes (captain); Connor Roberts, Wayne Routledge, Jamal Lowe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Manning, Conor Hourihane, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Yan Dhanda, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ollie Cooper, Ben Cabango.

Queens Park Rangers: Joe Lumley, Rob Dickie, Yoann Barbet (captain), Lyndon Dykes, Ilias Chair, Dominic Ball, Stefan Johansen, George Thomas, Chris Willock, Osman Kakay, Niko Hamalainen.

Substitutes: Joe Walsh, Todd Kane, Macauley Bonne, Sam Field, Faysal Bettache, Albert Adomah, Stephen Duke-McKenna, Charlie Austin.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 18:01 - Apr 20 with 2856 viewsThornburyswan

So Routs up top so let’s hope our CB don’t get forced into lumping it.
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 18:02 - Apr 20 with 2855 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 17:59 - Apr 20 by KeithHaynes

I’m at a loss to comment.

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 18:04 - Apr 20 with 2832 viewsBillyChong

3-5-2 has he not learned
Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 18:06 - Apr 20 with 2821 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v QPR : Matchday thread : TEAMS on 18:06 - Apr 20 with 2817 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Unless he's reverting to three at the back with wing backs he's sticking with Roberts in midfield.

Either way he's making what Sir Humphrey would call a brave choice.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024