Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scary times 17:51 - May 10 with 2231 viewsBoundy

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/morrisons-sacked-because-made-joke

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Scary times on 17:54 - May 10 with 1657 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

This is what he wrote, accompanied by a picture of Carolyn Harris sleeping:

"Wouldn’t it be nice if we were all paid to sleep at work"

Let's hope he receives a colossal pay-out from Morrisons after the tribunal.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Scary times on 18:02 - May 10 with 1639 viewsCatullus

Well if he'sbeen held to account why isn't Harris being held to account for sleeping at work? She's not being paid to snooze, why do our politicians get away with it while working people who joke about it lose their jobs?

All these politicians, those in the Commons and the Lords, they should be removed if the sleep in the Chamber and they should be sacked!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scary times on 18:09 - May 10 with 1630 views73__73

That MP should be sacked for sleeping in work. What a state to be in at work
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:12]

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Scary times on 18:12 - May 10 with 1616 viewsGwyn737

Where does it say he’s going to tribunal? Have I missed it?
Scary times on 18:14 - May 10 with 1615 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Scary times on 18:12 - May 10 by Gwyn737

Where does it say he’s going to tribunal? Have I missed it?

You don't think at least one solicitor is going to approach him to go after a sitting Labour MP in what looks like a winnable case?
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:14]

Scary times on 18:19 - May 10 with 1603 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A quote from Labour MP Carolyn Harris regarding the photo:

“It was a bad angled photo - I was looking at my mobile phone."

That doesn't look like somebody looking at their mobile phone.

Scary times on 18:41 - May 10 with 1581 viewsangryjack

Scary times on 18:19 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Tbf she looking in the direction of it on the seat
Scary times on 19:04 - May 10 with 1558 viewsGwyn737

Scary times on 18:14 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

You don't think at least one solicitor is going to approach him to go after a sitting Labour MP in what looks like a winnable case?
[Post edited 10 May 2021 18:14]

Depends what his contract said, really.
Login to get fewer ads

Scary times on 19:28 - May 10 with 1532 views1983

Employed for 14 years
Community Champion

I smell a rat whether he did or didn't or she was or wasn't
that doesn't warrant him being sacked

[Post edited 10 May 2021 19:31]

Scary times on 20:12 - May 10 with 1473 viewsCatullus

Scary times on 18:41 - May 10 by angryjack

Tbf she looking in the direction of it on the seat

Actually, now I can see it too. Maybe she could try being less slovenly?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Scary times on 20:20 - May 10 with 1452 viewsBoundy

Scary times on 20:12 - May 10 by Catullus

Actually, now I can see it too. Maybe she could try being less slovenly?

Regardless if she was sleeping or not are we now not allowed to comment on how our MPs act , did private Eye and the like comment at the time. Sinister if its true and I hope he does take Morrisons to an Industrial Tribunal ,if that is the only reason for his dismissal

Scary times on 20:24 - May 10 with 1439 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Scary times on 19:28 - May 10 by 1983

Employed for 14 years
Community Champion

I smell a rat whether he did or didn't or she was or wasn't
that doesn't warrant him being sacked

[Post edited 10 May 2021 19:31]

I agree, on the face of it he’s going to win an unfair dismissal case hands down. He’s got a lot to say about it as quoted but not a word about taking them to a tribunal which seems odd to me. I think there’s another side to this story which might paint him in a completely different light.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Scary times on 20:24 - May 10 with 1437 viewsCatullus

Scary times on 20:20 - May 10 by Boundy

Regardless if she was sleeping or not are we now not allowed to comment on how our MPs act , did private Eye and the like comment at the time. Sinister if its true and I hope he does take Morrisons to an Industrial Tribunal ,if that is the only reason for his dismissal

I'm not defending his sacking, it's well over the top. People in the public eye should expect this and it's not his fault if she copped abuse from elsewhere.

Scary times on 20:33 - May 10 with 1419 viewsbritferry

wouldn't happen in the Lord's

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Scary times on 20:39 - May 10 with 1408 viewsGwyn737

Scary times on 20:24 - May 10 by Joe_bradshaw

I agree, on the face of it he’s going to win an unfair dismissal case hands down. He’s got a lot to say about it as quoted but not a word about taking them to a tribunal which seems odd to me. I think there’s another side to this story which might paint him in a completely different light.

Yep.

Been on the other end of this. Employee sacked for gross misconduct after a long period of misdemeanours leading to a final warning and dismissal.

Employee went on social media (thankfully not the papers) and presented him/herself as a cross between Mother Teresa and David Attenborough. Never did anything wrong, was just being picked on. Cue massive social media pile on accusing me of all sorts.

HR department would only let out a bland statement about not commenting on individual internal disciplinary matters.

I’ll continue to reserve judgment until the other side comes out, if it does at all considering there’s no mention of legal action.
Scary times on 20:44 - May 10 with 1405 viewsCatullus

Scary times on 20:39 - May 10 by Gwyn737

Yep.

Been on the other end of this. Employee sacked for gross misconduct after a long period of misdemeanours leading to a final warning and dismissal.

Employee went on social media (thankfully not the papers) and presented him/herself as a cross between Mother Teresa and David Attenborough. Never did anything wrong, was just being picked on. Cue massive social media pile on accusing me of all sorts.

HR department would only let out a bland statement about not commenting on individual internal disciplinary matters.

I’ll continue to reserve judgment until the other side comes out, if it does at all considering there’s no mention of legal action.

If they have just cause for sacking him just say so and put him out of our misery.

Scary times on 20:45 - May 10 with 1401 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Scary times on 20:39 - May 10 by Gwyn737

Yep.

Going to the paper(s) looks like the first step in trying to force a settlement to me.

I wonder if the DailyMail will run a story discussing the hypocrisy regarding Carolyn Harris not resigning after it was revealed Sian James had to warn her regarding her use of homophobic slurs to her gay colleague, yet here she is getting somebody else sacked for something far less offensive?

"Cardiff Crown Court was told Swansea East MP Carolyn Harris would "comment and joke" about aide Jenny Lee Clarke's sexuality when they worked together.

A jury was told Mrs Harris pulled Ms Clarke's hair when the two women worked together at the constituency office before Mrs Harris became an MP.

Mrs Harris also called Ms Clarke, who was Mrs Harris' office manager, a "dyke" and frequently made comments about her choice of clothes and hairstyles, the court heard.

Mrs Harris later defended the comments as "office banter" - but the jury was told she was warned she could face disciplinary action if more complaints were made.

Mrs James, who stood down as Swansea East MP in 2015, told the court how Ms Clarke came to her with concerns about how Mrs Harris treated her during work hours.

"It was to do with Clarke's sexuality," said Mrs James, adding: "She was starting to feel these comments had gone beyond banter and were causing her concern."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-44956090

Scary times on 21:00 - May 10 with 1380 viewsGwyn737

Scary times on 20:44 - May 10 by Catullus

If they have just cause for sacking him just say so and put him out of our misery.

Doesn’t really happen Catt. They maybe some on here with a better understanding than me on employment law who could shed light?
Scary times on 21:04 - May 10 with 1372 viewsGwyn737

Scary times on 20:45 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Going to the paper(s) looks like the first step in trying to force a settlement to me.

I wonder if the DailyMail will run a story discussing the hypocrisy regarding Carolyn Harris not resigning after it was revealed Sian James had to warn her regarding her use of homophobic slurs to her gay colleague, yet here she is getting somebody else sacked for something far less offensive?

"Cardiff Crown Court was told Swansea East MP Carolyn Harris would "comment and joke" about aide Jenny Lee Clarke's sexuality when they worked together.

A jury was told Mrs Harris pulled Ms Clarke's hair when the two women worked together at the constituency office before Mrs Harris became an MP.

Mrs Harris also called Ms Clarke, who was Mrs Harris' office manager, a "dyke" and frequently made comments about her choice of clothes and hairstyles, the court heard.

Mrs Harris later defended the comments as "office banter" - but the jury was told she was warned she could face disciplinary action if more complaints were made.

Mrs James, who stood down as Swansea East MP in 2015, told the court how Ms Clarke came to her with concerns about how Mrs Harris treated her during work hours.

"It was to do with Clarke's sexuality," said Mrs James, adding: "She was starting to feel these comments had gone beyond banter and were causing her concern."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-44956090

I don’t think that’s the first step at all.

I don’t like social media pile ons of any sort.

FWIW I have no interest in whose picture he shared, that’s not the point in this story. If it is the reason for his sacking it wouldn’t matter which politician it was.
Scary times on 21:05 - May 10 with 1365 viewspikeypaul

Scary times on 18:19 - May 10 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

What a total fecking mess she is ,

Unbelievable,can you imagine someone turning up for work like that?
[Post edited 10 May 2021 21:10]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Scary times on 21:14 - May 10 with 1355 viewsBoundy

Scary times on 20:24 - May 10 by Catullus

I'm not defending his sacking, it's well over the top. People in the public eye should expect this and it's not his fault if she copped abuse from elsewhere.

I never thought for a moment you were ?

Scary times on 01:16 - May 11 with 1254 viewsSTID2017

Scary times on 21:04 - May 10 by Gwyn737

I don’t think that’s the first step at all.

I don’t like social media pile ons of any sort.

FWIW I have no interest in whose picture he shared, that’s not the point in this story. If it is the reason for his sacking it wouldn’t matter which politician it was.

Nail on head Gwyn

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Scary times on 08:32 - May 11 with 1171 viewsonehunglow

Scary times on 21:05 - May 10 by pikeypaul

I'm glad someone hasn't posted this photo as someone who represents the City Of Swansea.
It's not very edifying is it.

Our society's outrages is politically skewed.

No supermarket chain had the guts to ban those refusing to wear a mask as it wasn't saleable but to dismiss an employee about a non insult over a sitting labour MP is.

The Lords has a house full of sleeping giants

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scary times on 10:36 - May 11 with 1142 views1983

Scary times on 20:24 - May 10 by Joe_bradshaw

He is most probably in the union and been advised to publicly apology and then keep shtum.
Like its been said she turns up like a bag of sh1t representing our City shame oh her!

Scary times on 11:31 - May 11 with 1111 viewsjack247

Scary times on 21:05 - May 10 by pikeypaul

Kind of agree with you. I’m not normally bothered how people dress for work, but if you are in a position like hers and you are representing the people of Swansea (East, but still representing our city), I don’t think it’s too much to ask to look professional.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024