Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ayew 10:01 - Feb 14 with 4594 viewsmarchamjack

Seemingly undroppable. Not a striker. Not a winger, clearly. Poor no.10. Enigma.

Can anyone explain where he fits into the team and why he is in the team? Genuine question, I cannot work it out.

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Ayew on 10:02 - Feb 14 with 2611 viewswaynekerr55

False 9 in this team.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ayew on 10:03 - Feb 14 with 2595 viewsoldcob

Maybe because he scores goals occasionally. In my mind one of the few players of genuine class we have.
Ayew on 10:04 - Feb 14 with 2597 viewsblaine_scfc

Undroppable because he is one of two players who can actually score in this side, however simple that sounds, it's true.

Up front for me.
Ayew on 10:11 - Feb 14 with 2570 viewsJonTheJack

For me, as crazy as this sounds, and it gets me into a lot of debates which make me look ridiculously stupid, but he is the biggest reason we are where we are.

We bought him and left ourselves with no real wingers to do the job, but he is undroppable because of his status and the goals he's been picking up.

If he plays, he needs to be centrally, or not at all.
Ayew on 10:22 - Feb 14 with 2540 viewsRancid

It's a strange and difficult one . He's clearly the most talented player we have but on the other hand he's screwed up our system.He affected Gylffi first with his wandering into central positions and now we're struggling defensively it's highlighting his affect on our fullbacks.

He is a match winner and we don't have many, as this season has shown but sometimes you've got to take the hit especially when we're flirting with relegation and make the big decision.Personally I'd give him a few games on the bench and start with Barrow and Routledge now.Gylffi in the number 10 role and the Italian boy up top.

This won't go down well I know but I'd have liked to see Shelvey and Paloschi play together as the Italian looks like his game is ideal for balls played through and for him to run onto.Hes forever making runs and at the moment there's no creativity in the middle for us.We should have replaced Shelvey with a similar type of midfielder but we brought in Leroy Fer instead.
Ayew on 10:27 - Feb 14 with 2513 viewsjasper_T

In what way is he the most talented player we have?

Apparently he looked quick and tricky in Ligue 1 but for us he looks clumsy, lumbering, can't beat a man or consistently play a quality pass, good in the air for a little guy but still a little guy...

I like him but he's not so good that we can ignore his weaknesses as we did yesterday playing him as a winger again. Left side of a diamond or centre forward (second choice behind Paloschi) or nothing for me.
Ayew on 10:28 - Feb 14 with 2509 viewsangryjack

been saying it all season.just an average over rated player.
Ayew on 10:31 - Feb 14 with 2493 viewsRancid

Ayew on 10:27 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

In what way is he the most talented player we have?

Apparently he looked quick and tricky in Ligue 1 but for us he looks clumsy, lumbering, can't beat a man or consistently play a quality pass, good in the air for a little guy but still a little guy...

I like him but he's not so good that we can ignore his weaknesses as we did yesterday playing him as a winger again. Left side of a diamond or centre forward (second choice behind Paloschi) or nothing for me.

Any other suggestions who our most talented player might be if not Ayew?
Login to get fewer ads

Ayew on 10:38 - Feb 14 with 2459 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ayew has 8 goals, our highest scorer, but more importantly, unlike Sigi who has scored more from set pieces, they were all scored from open play.
Without their 15 goals we would be in the bottom 3.
I just cannot understand the clubs reluctance to play with genuine wingers who can get behind defences instead of always trying to get the ball in from the side or directly in front of the Penalty Area.
I also do not understand our players reluctance to take more shots at goal from around the penalty area, we always try to walk it in.
Ayew on 10:38 - Feb 14 with 2459 viewsblaine_scfc

Ayew on 10:31 - Feb 14 by Rancid

Any other suggestions who our most talented player might be if not Ayew?

Siggy by a mile imho
Ayew on 10:40 - Feb 14 with 2447 viewsmax936

He hasn't looked like scoring since we dropped him back, he's just not in position to get those chances, he's needs to go back up top and let him do what he does best, Paloschi doesn't seem to create his own chances, well he hasn't yet, but we know Ayew can.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ayew on 10:51 - Feb 14 with 2425 viewsDr_Winston

Ayew on 10:40 - Feb 14 by max936

He hasn't looked like scoring since we dropped him back, he's just not in position to get those chances, he's needs to go back up top and let him do what he does best, Paloschi doesn't seem to create his own chances, well he hasn't yet, but we know Ayew can.

How many strikers actually create their own chances?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Ayew on 11:03 - Feb 14 with 2390 viewsmax936

Ayew on 10:51 - Feb 14 by Dr_Winston

Can't name any off the top of my head, but there's more than a few about, Ayew does it, yes he's not a striker in the true sense, but he puts the ball in the net and that's the main thing, Paloschi needs time and service in the main, but his strength up against the opo's centre backs isn't great, might be his body positioning, but he was knocked off the ball a few times yesterday, he wasn't helped by the usual poor service, so it's unfair to criticise him.

Ayew on 11:30 - Feb 14 with 2352 viewsJackFish

Bony used to do it all the time.
Ayew on 11:36 - Feb 14 with 2331 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Vardy, Kane, Aguero, Lukaku, Ighalo, Barkley, Deeney and even Defoe.
They only need the ball delivered to them and they take on Defenders and beat both them and the Keeper.
They contiually find space and run itno space and most of them can even hold up the ball.
Ayew did it from Fab's clearance kick.
It is all about Pace, confidence and core strength .
Ayew on 15:52 - Feb 14 with 2201 viewsjacktheripper

Ayew on 10:22 - Feb 14 by Rancid

It's a strange and difficult one . He's clearly the most talented player we have but on the other hand he's screwed up our system.He affected Gylffi first with his wandering into central positions and now we're struggling defensively it's highlighting his affect on our fullbacks.

He is a match winner and we don't have many, as this season has shown but sometimes you've got to take the hit especially when we're flirting with relegation and make the big decision.Personally I'd give him a few games on the bench and start with Barrow and Routledge now.Gylffi in the number 10 role and the Italian boy up top.

This won't go down well I know but I'd have liked to see Shelvey and Paloschi play together as the Italian looks like his game is ideal for balls played through and for him to run onto.Hes forever making runs and at the moment there's no creativity in the middle for us.We should have replaced Shelvey with a similar type of midfielder but we brought in Leroy Fer instead.

Drop Ayew and keep Routledge!!!!! What exactly has Routledge done to warrant his continual inclusion?
Ayew on 15:53 - Feb 14 with 2195 viewsRancid

Ayew on 15:52 - Feb 14 by jacktheripper

Drop Ayew and keep Routledge!!!!! What exactly has Routledge done to warrant his continual inclusion?

Routledge has done pretty well this last few weeks.
Ayew on 16:13 - Feb 14 with 2148 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Ayew on 15:53 - Feb 14 by Rancid

Can you give us a list of what he did well at exactly?
Did he score?
Did he Provide many assists?
Did he come back and Defend?
Did he make many tackles?
Ayew on 16:29 - Feb 14 with 2116 viewsRancid

Ayew on 16:13 - Feb 14 by A_Fans_Dad

Can you give us a list of what he did well at exactly?
Did he score?
Did he Provide many assists?
Did he come back and Defend?
Did he make many tackles?

No, I've just watched the games and observed.I don't need stats to see if a player has played good or bad and Routledge has played well of late.2nd half at West Brom he was very good.And to be fair you'd struggle to find any player who's attributes you've just mentioned have been met by any of our players.Routs has done ok and I'd like to see us with width and Barrow and Routs as out and out wingers.Ironically, Ayew, our supposed best player just isn't doing it at the moment despite his occasional goal which is usually in the centre of the 6 yard box and Gylffi is out on the wing and totally in-effective.
Ayew on 16:32 - Feb 14 with 2098 viewsmax936

Ayew on 15:53 - Feb 14 by Rancid

He was poor yday Chris.

Ayew on 16:34 - Feb 14 with 2089 viewsRancid

Ayew on 16:32 - Feb 14 by max936

He was poor yday Chris.

Yesterday he was Steve but so were they all.I think he's been our best player along with Fab, Leon, and Gylffi and Cork since Monk has gone..
Ayew on 16:43 - Feb 14 with 2063 viewsmax936

Ayew on 16:34 - Feb 14 by Rancid

Yesterday he was Steve but so were they all.I think he's been our best player along with Fab, Leon, and Gylffi and Cork since Monk has gone..

Yeah he has been better lately, l agree on yday can't think of any of them that stood out and us being at home as well is hard to take.
[Post edited 14 Feb 2016 16:43]

Ayew on 17:13 - Feb 14 with 1990 viewspencoedjack

Ayew on 16:34 - Feb 14 by Rancid

Interesting Rancid you think Fab has been one of our better players ?
Ayew on 17:17 - Feb 14 with 1973 viewsClinton

If only Routledge could finish. He's missed a few very good chances over the past few weeks. Didnt help yesterday that in the first half he was competing for headers on the far post with a defender at least 6 inches taller than him. Looked jaded yesterday.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Ayew on 18:53 - Feb 14 with 1892 viewsGriffting

Really doesn't help Ayew that he's moved position every other game. Really was playing well in the diamond up top with routs. More so away from home, arguably our MOTM against Everton, drove us up the pitch and helped out in defence against wba after having to become a makeshift centre mid. Not really performing as well at home. Think if we had 1 dm with ki, fer and gylfi in midfield and Ayew, paloschi up top would suit him better. He's targeted as our best player and crowded out as soon as he has the ball by oppo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024