Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The upcoming election for the assembly 19:36 - Mar 31 with 2196 viewsJackfath

After watching the news tonight I thought I'd do some online research to find out who is standing in my constitency and read up a bit about the various candidates.

Unfortunately this is proving far more difficult than I had hoped.

It's almost as though they don't want people to do some research for themselves and just have what the media throw at us as way of making our choices.

Any ideas as to where I could find a list of the candidates?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:44 - Mar 31 with 1654 viewsexiledclaseboy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Assembly_for_Wales_election,_2016

This might get added to, not sure when nominations close.

Poll: Tory leader

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:47 - Mar 31 with 1649 viewsJackfath

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:44 - Mar 31 by exiledclaseboy

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Assembly_for_Wales_election,_2016

This might get added to, not sure when nominations close.

Thank you. Quite incredible that the names on there are not linked to any external sites. One may as well apply Skippy's horse betting system in picking names that one likes. It's potentially a good site but oh so lacking in any real information for the budding voter.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:55 - Mar 31 with 1635 viewsexiledclaseboy

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:47 - Mar 31 by Jackfath

Thank you. Quite incredible that the names on there are not linked to any external sites. One may as well apply Skippy's horse betting system in picking names that one likes. It's potentially a good site but oh so lacking in any real information for the budding voter.

It's early yet. Give it a few weeks and there'll be plenty of information out there. The campaign hasn't begun officially yet.

Poll: Tory leader

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:56 - Mar 31 with 1629 viewsDarran

I'm voting for Bethan.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:57 - Mar 31 with 1628 viewsJackfath

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:55 - Mar 31 by exiledclaseboy

It's early yet. Give it a few weeks and there'll be plenty of information out there. The campaign hasn't begun officially yet.

I am definitely not voting for Labour. My vote is up in the air. I look forward to choosing who my vote will go to.

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:58 - Mar 31 with 1625 viewsDarran

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:57 - Mar 31 by Jackfath

I am definitely not voting for Labour. My vote is up in the air. I look forward to choosing who my vote will go to.

Bethan.

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:03 - Mar 31 with 1605 viewsFlashberryjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 19:56 - Mar 31 by Darran

I'm voting for Bethan.

Alun Llewelyn.....he and his wife massive Swans fans

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:07 - Mar 31 with 1601 viewsDarran

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:03 - Mar 31 by Flashberryjack

Alun Llewelyn.....he and his wife massive Swans fans

and Bethan is.

Login to get fewer ads

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:11 - Mar 31 with 1592 viewsjacabertawe

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:07 - Mar 31 by Darran

and Bethan is.

All are correct. Bethan won a signed Swans jersey a few seasons back and she was chuffed to bits.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:11 - Mar 31 with 1591 viewsFlashberryjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:07 - Mar 31 by Darran

and Bethan is.

Is she ST holder ?

Hello

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:13 - Mar 31 with 1586 viewsDarran

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:11 - Mar 31 by Flashberryjack

Is she ST holder ?

I don't know mun.

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:19 - Mar 31 with 1574 viewsFlashberryjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:13 - Mar 31 by Darran

I don't know mun.

Then you should find out mun.

Hello

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:25 - Mar 31 with 1565 viewsmax936

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:11 - Mar 31 by jacabertawe

All are correct. Bethan won a signed Swans jersey a few seasons back and she was chuffed to bits.

I hope she pays for her ticket now and in the future, unlike former Neath Mp, who Iam told is a very nice man apparently, but I don't believe a word of it though, my feeling's regarding that reptile/vermin, is well known.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The upcoming election for the assembly on 21:10 - Mar 31 with 1519 viewsnice_to_michu

Calls to vote for "our lovely Leanne", or "Plaid are stupendously awesome" nonsense in 3,2,1....
The upcoming election for the assembly on 09:47 - Apr 1 with 1445 viewsjohnlangy

The upcoming election for the assembly on 21:10 - Mar 31 by nice_to_michu

Calls to vote for "our lovely Leanne", or "Plaid are stupendously awesome" nonsense in 3,2,1....

Our lovely Leanne and Plaid are stupendously awesome.

Alright michu .
The upcoming election for the assembly on 11:29 - Apr 1 with 1397 viewsvalleycommando

I emailed the 4 current candidates with specific questions:
1. What have you done in the Assembly to secure WG investment for south west Wales ?
2. Have you conveyed dissatisfaction (if indeed you are) with the disproportionate WG investment in Cardiff and the south east of Wales in relation to the south west and the rest of Wales ? How was that dissatisfaction expressed ?
3. What will your party do to redress the enormous amount of public money that is poured into Cardiff and the south east resulting in the rest of Wales being disadvantaged, under resourced, under invested and a poor relation ?
The only reply I received (within a matter of hours) was from Peter Black (Lib Dem). who clearly answered all queries.
Neither Bethan Jenkins (PC), Suzy Davies nor Altaf Husseain (both C) have had the decency to respond which has not created a very positive impression especially as there is no other way to confront these on their record as AM's.
The upcoming election for the assembly on 12:01 - Apr 1 with 1381 viewsLohengrin

The upcoming election for the assembly on 11:29 - Apr 1 by valleycommando

1. What have you done in the Assembly to secure WG investment for south west Wales ?
2. Have you conveyed dissatisfaction (if indeed you are) with the disproportionate WG investment in Cardiff and the south east of Wales in relation to the south west and the rest of Wales ? How was that dissatisfaction expressed ?
3. What will your party do to redress the enormous amount of public money that is poured into Cardiff and the south east resulting in the rest of Wales being disadvantaged, under resourced, under invested and a poor relation ?
The only reply I received (within a matter of hours) was from Peter Black (Lib Dem). who clearly answered all queries.
Neither Bethan Jenkins (PC), Suzy Davies nor Altaf Husseain (both C) have had the decency to respond which has not created a very positive impression especially as there is no other way to confront these on their record as AM's.

Give Beth a chance, she won't have come to yet. Harper's on a Thursday night was always a winner.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The upcoming election for the assembly on 12:14 - Apr 1 with 1367 viewsvalleycommando

How long does she need to come to ?
All 4 were emailed on March 26 (Peter Black replied on 27th) so if she has been on a bender for so long how can she be doing her job as AM effectively ? Also emails were sent long before Tata bombshell was dropped so no excuses for being busy responding to steel crisis
The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:03 - Apr 1 with 1337 viewsnice_to_michu

The upcoming election for the assembly on 09:47 - Apr 1 by johnlangy

Our lovely Leanne and Plaid are stupendously awesome.

Alright michu .

Haha good man, might as well start as we mean to go on.....
The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:06 - Apr 1 with 1331 viewsKerouac

The upcoming election for the assembly on 11:29 - Apr 1 by valleycommando

I am not surprised by that outcome at all.
Peter Black works very hard indeed for this area and is very conscientious. He e-mails me (and other local Lib Dems) just about every week.
Unfortunately a man who has worked his arse off for this area, has a real grasp of the problems, always has time to listen to the public and consistently puts forward his own solutions (as well as those of the local party members) ....is facing a very tough battle to continue representing us in the Assembly.

If he isn't reelected and the Lib Dem vote is destroyed whilst Plaid Cymru and UKIP's vote share goes up I will only be able to conclude, regretfully, that the Welsh voting public must (collectively) have shiit for brains

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:13 - Apr 1 with 1318 viewsCopperJack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 21:10 - Mar 31 by nice_to_michu

Ah, cue the voice of 'lets vote Labour back in so they can keep giving all the money to Cardiff'.

Cardiff doesn't need to try to get more funds when it's got people in south west Wales justifying Labour's ridiculous spending.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:14 - Apr 1 with 1316 viewsHighjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 12:14 - Apr 1 by valleycommando

How long does she need to come to ?
All 4 were emailed on March 26 (Peter Black replied on 27th) so if she has been on a bender for so long how can she be doing her job as AM effectively ? Also emails were sent long before Tata bombshell was dropped so no excuses for being busy responding to steel crisis

There was a beer festival on in wetherspoons.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:14 - Apr 1 with 1313 viewsHighjack

The upcoming election for the assembly on 20:11 - Mar 31 by jacabertawe

Yes she had a few drinks to celebrate.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:15 - Apr 1 with 1312 viewsacejack3065

The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:06 - Apr 1 by Kerouac

I am not surprised by that outcome at all.
Peter Black works very hard indeed for this area and is very conscientious. He e-mails me (and other local Lib Dems) just about every week.
Unfortunately a man who has worked his arse off for this area, has a real grasp of the problems, always has time to listen to the public and consistently puts forward his own solutions (as well as those of the local party members) ....is facing a very tough battle to continue representing us in the Assembly.

If he isn't reelected and the Lib Dem vote is destroyed whilst Plaid Cymru and UKIP's vote share goes up I will only be able to conclude, regretfully, that the Welsh voting public must (collectively) have shiit for brains

I'll probably vote Lib Dem on the list to help Peter out. I've had several run ins with him and he's always tried to be helpful, even when we haven't always agreed. His heart seems to be in the right place even if I wouldn't say his head always is.
The upcoming election for the assembly on 13:16 - Apr 1 with 1310 viewsCopperJack

I've emailed Edwina Hart and Julie James asking about the disparity in funding. They both uttered the usual rhetoric, we love Swansea and give it loads, look at the museum, city centre plans and bay campus. When I pointed out that these were primarily EU funded and the city centre regeneration is being done with less than £20m WAG money (less than they spend maintaining Cardiff Bay EVERY YEAR), they haven't responded.

They rely on public ignorance to keep them in. They can't dispute facts.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024