Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A call for calm 12:51 - Sep 19 with 980 viewsdickythorpe

Man City look as if they are going to be the team to beat this season.

We have them twice in short succession in Cup and League matches.

Let's get behind the team and show them how much this club means to us the Jack Army.

We have a track record of raising our game against the "bigger" teams, it's sport at the end of the day as always its 11 v 11 in the game of assossication football, no one has the victory by just turning up!
A call for calm on 12:53 - Sep 19 with 963 viewsyescomeon

Think we will be playing to keep the score line respectable. They look a different class to anyone else in the league at the moment.

Upthecity!

A call for calm on 12:54 - Sep 19 with 958 viewsDafyddHuw

Don't think any fan is expecting anything from the Man City games, or the next few after that.

Think we're more concerned with what performances we come up with, rather than whether we beat City or not.
A call for calm on 12:54 - Sep 19 with 950 viewsfbreath

City will rip us apart Saturday if we play like we did yesterday (hope I'm wrong).

Wednesday could be different depending on who they put out but they have strength right through their squad.

Atmosphere will be governed by what happens on the field, us customers are there to be entertained.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

A call for calm on 12:56 - Sep 19 with 931 viewsPegojack

You're absolutely right, Dicky, but I hope Guidolin gives us half a chance in the real game on Saturday by naming a 4-3-3 line up with two wingers, NOT another ultra defensive set up.

By trying to contain the opposition with a defensive line up, you've conceded the psychological advantage to the opposition before you start, and you've given the subconscious message to your players "we are second best in this contest and our only chance is to stop them scoring, at least we'll get a point".

Grow a pair, Frankie, and let's go at them from the off. if we lose whilst attacking, I won't be too upset.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 12:57]
A call for calm on 12:57 - Sep 19 with 924 viewsraynor94

The problem is they are a ruthless side with a perfectionist manager, if we don't show more application than yesterday it could get ugly, over to you Guido

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

A call for calm on 16:33 - Sep 19 with 780 viewsSmellyplumz

Man city will dry fk us badly, no need for calm.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

A call for calm on 17:48 - Sep 19 with 707 viewsjojaca

A call for calm on 16:33 - Sep 19 by Smellyplumz

Man city will dry fk us badly, no need for calm.

I think we should throw in the white towel before kick off and agree to a 2-0 loss.

Even when you know, you never know?

A call for calm on 18:05 - Sep 19 with 678 viewsPrivate_Partz

A call for calm on 12:56 - Sep 19 by Pegojack

You're absolutely right, Dicky, but I hope Guidolin gives us half a chance in the real game on Saturday by naming a 4-3-3 line up with two wingers, NOT another ultra defensive set up.

By trying to contain the opposition with a defensive line up, you've conceded the psychological advantage to the opposition before you start, and you've given the subconscious message to your players "we are second best in this contest and our only chance is to stop them scoring, at least we'll get a point".

Grow a pair, Frankie, and let's go at them from the off. if we lose whilst attacking, I won't be too upset.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 12:57]

We ended up with four up front against Southampton. We built up to it admittedly but it hardly made a jot of difference than when we started with one winger.
We need to plan for both matches and get everyone up to the top of their game. For that is the crux of the matter. Too many off form, be it bad luck or intentional by a few dissenters.
Standing toe to toe with Man City will not work. A severe bumming could result. We have to be cute and make the most of what a sh!te transfer window has got us.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 18:06]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Login to get fewer ads

A call for calm on 18:12 - Sep 19 with 658 viewsmonmouth

If we give away the ball cheaply on the edge of their area with w*nky flicks and joke passes, they will annihilate us on the counter. Same with corners. I wouldn't push defenders forward as we never score anyway.

In general we need to keep some players up the field close to the forward but not rush forward en-mass. Actually it don't matter much what we do does it? I'd still expect a mashing looking at the teams. And so it should be - their strength is ridiculous. So in a sense, not much to lose.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

A call for calm on 18:12 - Sep 19 with 658 viewsymaohyd

I honestly think we'll lose by 5 or 6 on Sat. We have ridden our luck and when it runs out look out.

The only reason the scoreline might not beam embarrassment is the fact that they are travelling around this week.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

A call for calm on 18:14 - Sep 19 with 657 viewsLord_Bony

A call for calm on 17:48 - Sep 19 by jojaca

I think we should throw in the white towel before kick off and agree to a 2-0 loss.

Many would take that right now.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

A call for calm on 18:20 - Sep 19 with 645 viewsPrivate_Partz

A call for calm on 18:14 - Sep 19 by Lord_Bony

Many would take that right now.

Let's face it. After the last transfer window most of us could see this coming. People lIke me still cling to the hope that, once the new players settle in, we will be a better side. The failure in the window, in particular our failure to strengthen midfield, is a major worry for me.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 18:30]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

A call for calm on 18:35 - Sep 19 with 600 viewslifelong

I think we'll beat City on Saturday..... Lump on.
A call for calm on 18:37 - Sep 19 with 598 viewsLeonisGod

A call for calm on 18:20 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

Let's face it. After the last transfer window most of us could see this coming. People lIke me still cling to the hope that, once the new players settle in, we will be a better side. The failure in the window, in particular our failure to strengthen midfield, is a major worry for me.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 18:30]

yep, same here. I'm clinging to Borja at the moment, but realise that may be in vein if he never gets the service.

I'd have loved a real quality midfielder to have come in. We're a bit one-dimensional in that area for sure. Fer's the only different option we've got from the pedestrian sideways passers. (Joey wouldn't have been the answer to that problem).
A call for calm on 20:20 - Sep 19 with 539 viewsMillie

A call for calm on 18:37 - Sep 19 by LeonisGod

yep, same here. I'm clinging to Borja at the moment, but realise that may be in vein if he never gets the service.

I'd have loved a real quality midfielder to have come in. We're a bit one-dimensional in that area for sure. Fer's the only different option we've got from the pedestrian sideways passers. (Joey wouldn't have been the answer to that problem).

I'm clinging to getting the midfield balance right, sigurdssons and great player but it's not working for him ATM, Leon and Jack with Fer in front would be my 3 for Saturday and Fulton, ki and Siggy Wednesday
A call for calm on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 449 viewsRevJames

A call for calm on 18:12 - Sep 19 by ymaohyd

I honestly think we'll lose by 5 or 6 on Sat. We have ridden our luck and when it runs out look out.

The only reason the scoreline might not beam embarrassment is the fact that they are travelling around this week.

They might stay down and enjoy a relaxing mid week break
A call for calm on 08:46 - Sep 20 with 315 viewsdameedna

A call for calm on 18:05 - Sep 19 by Private_Partz

We ended up with four up front against Southampton. We built up to it admittedly but it hardly made a jot of difference than when we started with one winger.
We need to plan for both matches and get everyone up to the top of their game. For that is the crux of the matter. Too many off form, be it bad luck or intentional by a few dissenters.
Standing toe to toe with Man City will not work. A severe bumming could result. We have to be cute and make the most of what a sh!te transfer window has got us.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2016 18:06]

We will have to super glue our asses to the wall. We will have to put in a shift to get out of our half and keep possession and we will have to fight tooth and nail ever inch of the way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024